DEAD PRESIDENTS

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

While the world anxiously holds its collective breath waiting to learn who will occupy the White House, life goes on.  Although brothas and sistas do not vote as a bloc for either party, we have always had our favorites, but no presidents prior to Barack Obama were more beloved than John F Kennedy and to a lesser degree Bill Clinton.

When I was a shorty, blacks loved JFK who was elected in 1960. He was the one that was supposed to do things for brothas that had never been done. JFK was the white savior black America has finally been waiting on and looking for. Without a doubt, JFK did give us welfare, providing the hood with Government cheese, Kennedy meat, and peanut butter. I surely ate my share of all three. But what did he actually do for blacks? His intentions may have been to do tremendous good for us, and without a doubt, enormous amount of government money had been set aside to really dress up the hood. There was going to be schools, hospitals, better roads; everything was going to change. And why not, if the money was there.  And it was stacked to the roof. For once, and at long last, we were going to get  equal footing on the playing field but it didn’t happen. In the end, we didn’t get squat.

What happened is politics as usual. Just as things were due to get to jumping in the hood, a funny thing happened on the way to putting a new dress and lipstick on the hood and what happened is the Space Race. When the US discovered that Russia was about to put a man into space, the game changed because nothing else mattered now to America except beating Russian into outer space. Every dime from everywhere was siphoned off wherever it was needed and shifted to finance NASA. No money was spared in the Space Race because the stakes were terribly high.

This was Ali vs Frazier on the political stage and whoever won the Space Race would be able to stamp their brand of governing on all the developing countries sitting on the sidelines, watching. America was pushing democracy. Russia was dealing communism. There were numerous countries who were trying to decide if or not to accept Mother Russia or Uncle Sam as their pimp, so the stakes for national pride was extremely high. The world was watching and neither of the players wanted to lose. This was for all the marbles so both countries threw everything they had, including every single dime, into their individual strategies.

Guess what, America lost. It would not really have made a difference to black America because win, lose, or draw, the money for them was gone. POOF! So there we were, left standing at the altar, abandoned.

When JFK was killed, Lyndon Johnson did carry through a lot of the small scale stuff that had been on the table and he pushed through legislation favorable to us. As much as we loved JFK, it was LBJ who threw us a few bones we could lick while we licked our wounds from being kicked in the ass by what we thought was going to happen. JFK talked the talk, but when it came down to it, he was not about to let his political promises to black America get in the way of doing for white America,

And what about Bill Clinton, another president beloved by black folks. Despite how cool he may have been and no matter how good his sax playing was, he was the one who signed into law the 94 Crime Bill that cranked up the mass confinement of brothas. This Crime Bill, more than any other piece of law of modern times, has done more damage to black America than anything that preceded it.

Oh by the way, Joe Biden sponsored that Crime Bill, otherwise known as the Biden Bill which added 60 more crimes for which the death penalty would apply, and it opened the door to send juveniles to prison as adults.

Both Clinton and Biden have publicly apologized for the Bill as they understood just how it devastated blacks America.. Unless you were a street person, you can never really  understand what happened. IT was a rape of black communities. I know because I got caught up. I got charged with selling 5 keys of heroin but they couldn’t produce any drugs, what they called a dry conspiracy. You don’t get a bond unless you snitch. I mean, all you had to do was to make a phone call and say that your neighbor was selling crack and you could get locked up. A lot of people got rid of enemies in that way. You fuck my wife. I tell the cops you are a dope boy.  Even though, you are innocent, you can’t make bond because there is none so the only way to get out of jail would be to tell on someone else. So you tell on someone who may or may not be a drug-dealer and this behavior just spiraled out of control. It was so bad during this time that guys were snitching on their Mamas to get out of a life sentence. Shit was crazy. You go to jail and can’t get out unless you give them someone to take your place.

Here’s is another lil voting incident that I have never forgotten. It was never a big deal to me but it did make me think. In the 90s, a brotha, Harvey Gannt, was running against Jesse Helms for the Senate. The race was as tight as this one is. It was close and in the final days someone figured out a way to get the brotha a win. This was in NC, in my hometown and MJ was a favorite son of the state and if the Dems could get Michael Jordan to support or endorse Gantt, it would be a wrap. Jesse Helms was a known racist who had openly opposed the MLK holiday. Anyway, Mike refused to endorse the brother and his given reason for his denial was ‘BECAUSE REPUBLICANS BOUGHT SNEAKERS TO!

Let me say........

The election is very very close, and most likely WILL be contested and lead to what I've been waiting on for years.

Our rendevous with Destiny.

Change Your History Make Your Future Bright | way4vision

Before we enter our bright future, we must walk through the halls of darkness....but for only a brief moment!

So far, things are going EXACTLY the way I want them to go!

we have always had our favorites, but no presidents prior to Barack Obama were more beloved than John F Kennedy and to a lesser degree Bill Clinton.

I know quite a few older AfroAmericans who loved Kennedy and said he was their favorite.
I'm not sure why.
He didn't do anything for our people besides talk.
Neither did Clinton.....besides get on the Arsenio Hall Show and play the saxophone, lol.

Image result for clinton playing sax on aresnio hall

"Look yall....
He sho' can play!
Play that funky music white boy!"

Based on the history that I'VE read, my favorite U.S. President is actually Franklin D. Roosevelt because of the social programs and safety nets he enacted that AfroAmericans and all Americans still benefit from today!