NEWS FLASH!

Today, while still young, may ultimately evolve into a moment long remembered by all of us for some time to come. This Election has been huge, but later after the dust has settled and you check off the things you would like to see occur in exchange for your vote. Nothing will change in some places, and in others, there may be change for us as a collective, but while we are trying to peep what others can will or might do for us, we must look to see what we can do for ourselves. We, I am sure, can all find things for which we would enjoy planting our flag, but I know that if we don't take immediate steps to preserve our literary heritage, then we will find ourselves written out and wiped up of the literary conversation just like we have already been written out of history. If we now let them control the narrative of our fiction, then who will be there to speak for us. We have lost our historical narrative. Do we now elect to tarnish the richness of the urban experience by sitting back and watching doors closed on our own ability to tell our stories as we have seen and lived them. I rememebr being mad in the joint when I read a book called Freedomland or something. It was a white man writing about the black experience. How dare he? Only we can tell our stories, but can we do  it without platforms like AALBC. Not hardly.

We need a place where we can write and tell our stories without interference. We need AALBC. We must take steps just to insure its survival so that we can continue to dialogue. AALBC, whether you know it or not, is like our THINK TANK. At least, that is how I see. Look at how the landscape has changed over the years as black owned book stores have dwindled down to nothing, What's next. Black sites like this one. I know many of you are familiar with the GReat RESET because I have seen mention of it here so you have to know that one of the key proponents of the RESET is to eliminate all the poor performing businesses and to  eliminate them as this is truly an 'only the strong survive' agenda. Who is more vulnerable to a RESET than anything black, and cyber business is just as vulnerable as brick and store establishments.

Now, that the race is over for the soul of America, let's join the race to SAVE THE SOUL OF BLACK AMERICA!  Save our literary heritage. I believe that the lifeblood of any people is sustained via its literature. What can you do to join this CALL 2 ACTION?

1, Continue to support the site with your participation

2. Invite friends to the site

3. Join FB book clubs and make them aware of AALBC

4 Buy books from this site

5 Sell books on this site.  

• Thanks 2

In the immortal words of Master P....

"I'm 'bout it!
I BEEN 'bout it!"

I've been recommending this site to people for years.  I rarely mention this actual discussion board, but the site itself get's much respect.

It's actually becoming more and more popular because as time goes on I've ran into more people who already know about AALBC when I bring it up to them.

Fear of an intelligent Black man -- Paul Scott | Durham Herald Sun

"Oh, you're talking about that Black book site?
Yeah, I fuck with them sometimes when I have
to order a book I need for class."

A LOT of people know about this site.

If I had the money I would establish an endowment for Troy's AALBC and a number of other AfroAmerican businesses that I feel are essential for our community.

Davey D and his online Hiphop archive is another brother who needs to be endowed and supported.

image.jpeg.8068092b3922cedbde7afeb63bda2a52.jpeg

We should have an institution that just sends so many hundreds or thousands a month to our iconic establishments to ensure they continue to operate smoothly and grow.

That's what a lot of Jewish people do with THEIR institutions.

Just GIVE them money to stay afloat and prosper, that's all.
Not necessarily expecting anything else in return besides the peace of mind to know you're still around.

This is a totally different subject than the one you started the thread over but let me briefly say, when we speak of the Great Reset.....understand that it means different things to different people.  Kind of like the "New World Order".

The chaos that many experts are expecting as a result of this election mixed with the Covid 19 policies  WILL bring about a Great Reset in this nation but while the White Supremacists are expecting an opportunity to consolidate their power....I strongly believe that in this period WE (AfroAmericans) are the ones who will prevail.

The Great Reset will benefit US as AfroAmericans.

While White Supremacy will continue to exist around the globe in OTHER places for quite some time-
I believe....don't know....that atleast in the United States White Supremacy will end up destroying much of it OWN self from in-fighting which will allow US to emerge as the new rulers of this particular land.
It's not far off either.

10 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

In the immortal words of Master P....

"I'm 'bout it!
I BEEN 'bout it!"

I've been recommending this site to people for years.  I rarely mention this actual discussion board, but the site itself get's much respect.

It's actually becoming more and more popular because as time goes on I've ran into more people who already know about AALBC when I bring it up to them.

Fear of an intelligent Black man -- Paul Scott | Durham Herald Sun

"Oh, you're talking about that Black book site?
Yeah, I fuck with them sometimes when I have
to order a book I need for class."

A LOT of people know about this site.

If I had the money I would establish an endowment for Troy's AALBC and a number of other AfroAmerican businesses that I feel are essential for our community.

Davey D and his online Hiphop archive is another brother who needs to be endowed and supported.

image.jpeg.8068092b3922cedbde7afeb63bda2a52.jpeg

We should have an institution that just sends so many hundreds or thousands a month to our iconic establishments to ensure they continue to operate smoothly and grow.

That's what a lot of Jewish people do with THEIR institutions.

Just GIVE them money to stay afloat and prosper, that's all.
Not necessarily expecting anything else in return besides the peace of mind to know you're still around.

This is a totally different subject than the one you started the thread over but let me briefly say, when we speak of the Great Reset.....understand that it means different things to different people.  Kind of like the "New World Order".

The chaos that many experts are expecting as a result of this election mixed with the Covid 19 policies  WILL bring about a Great Reset in this nation but while the White Supremacists are expecting an opportunity to consolidate their power....I strongly believe that in this period WE (AfroAmericans) are the ones who will prevail.

The Great Reset will benefit US as AfroAmericans.

While White Supremacy will continue to exist around the globe in OTHER places for quite some time-
I believe....don't know....that atleast in the United States White Supremacy will end up destroying much of it OWN self from in-fighting which will allow US to emerge as the new rulers of this particular land.
It's not far off either.

True Dat!? It's right around the corner. Thangs sho' 'bout to change 'round heah in a minute! Peace

Gibran

-I'm 'bout it.
-I mean I'm BOUT IT!

-Pioneer One 
- for 7 years
-he 'bout it  'bout it!

...LOL.

We really need to support Black intellectual institutions like literature proprietors, academies, and Black media outlets.

We need to ensure that there remains a strong healthy intellectual class in Black America so that stupidity and ignorance doesn't become a staple trait of the sub-culture.
For a hot second people were saying that if you spoke with decent English you were "talking White"....but thankfully we've moved out of that phase.

When you go to a lot of White or mixed discussion boards (not social media) you see a LOT of activity with dozens of members posting thread after thread of their opinions on certain topics and current issues.
Some are in agreement, others in disagreement, but there's no shortage of healthy discussion and plenty of activity and thought.

Go to Black discussion boards (what few are left) and they are almost empty of participation.  
There is plenty of activity on SOCIAL MEDIA with people twerking and tweeting one-liners and quirky comments or exchanging insults back and forth, but don't expect more than 2 paragraphs of actual intelligent discussion on any topic.

I've talked about this before.....

I believe there's been an INTELLECTUAL DECLINE in the AfroAmerican community that has been taking place for the past 40 years.  

If you compare most AfroAmericans today with most AfroAmericans of 40 years ago...it seems like back then they could SPEAK better, had better hand writing, and paid more attention to their clothes being neat and hair combed before leaving the house.

image.jpeg.9751ee127a34c93921d6d6414497da9a.jpeg

"I'd say Blacks have come a long way 
socially and economically 12 years since 
the King assassination."

Now a lot of our people dress sloppy and act even sloppier.
We've called eachother "nigga" as far back as I can remember but as a kid we NEVER said it infront of Caucasians.
Then all of a sudden I started hearing younger Black people shouting "nigga this and that" at eachother on the street, at work, on the bus, in the mall with no shame or sense of self-awareness.  They simply didn't care who was watching or what others thought of them!

A lot of things dealing with  common sense and proper social behavior seems to have declined over the past 40 years.
I believe it has to do with a decline of intellect and brain power.

image.jpeg.005ba52cbcb5bd87c69ecf286eb8e10d.jpeg

"I'll tell you what though.....
People can say what they WANT to
about slavery, but you know what?
If you think about it REAL HARD......
slavery was actually a CHOICE!"

image.jpeg.c51b7b8f0db15354efd8bf4eeb08f047.jpeg

In other words, many of our people have gotten DUMBER over the years and I'm not exactly sure why.
Perhaps the "Crack Era" had something to do with it.