WHO'S THAT LADY

I am more than likely wrong about this, but wanna run a 'background check' on Paula White. I don't know much about her but practically every time I have seen her preaching, her church has been jammed packed with brothas and sistas. I recall the first time i saw her was back in the early 2000s and I asked someone about her since I was intrigued to see a white lady leading a church full of black folks. I mean she was strutting around preaching and hollering and screaming just like a black minister. I was then told that TD Jakes had schooled her. Okay. The next time I saw her was a few years ago and she was still at it. And then I see her with Trump last week as his spiritual advisor. Quite naturally I thought about sheep being led to slaughter.

I mean, I shouldn't expect that because a white person hangs with us don't necessary make them an ally any more than it can be expected that all blacks are Democrats, but still, Paula White? She is a for real Trumper and I wonder if she used any of her considerable influence over the black people who follow her and listen too her to vote for Trump. If so, then wow, we was sleeping with the enemy!

Ain't no thang to me either way, but if this is so, then I am led to wonder if we are still that vulnerable to outside influences. Again, I have no clue if she did even attempt to sway anyone over to Trump-----but would she have to? If you a halfway decent leader, then you don't have to say a mumbling word. Your example will speak for you and your flock will follow in lockstep.

So much for Paula White, gonna give you my list of white people who fooled me. All of us probably have a list. Basically, I just got one; Clint Eastwood! Man. I almost had to pop a pill or take a drink when I saw Clint go in on Obama when the brotha won reelection. When he was doing his thing out in Cali, I never checked his political card just assumed he was on the home team. I wrongly assume that because he had personally directed a few movies about us, was cool with Morgan Freeman. Damn, Clint was the number 1 cowboy and Dirty Harry.

I'm not surprised for a number of reasons.............

For one thing, she's a White woman born and raised in Mississippi but chose a WHITE husband to marry.
I've noticed that almost every time you find a White woman born and raised in a predominately Black or Brown community but ends up choosing and marrying a White man she most likely is racist.

But just like it's easy to pull the wool over the eyes of a fool, it's easy to pull the wool over the eyes of a FOOLISH PEOPLE.

Nothing surprising about it.

People take advantage of marks.
And the AfroAmerican community has PLENTY of mark-ass negroes silly enough to be captivated by and taken in by white people who steal Black creatitivy and use it to get rich off of.
She's not the first White person to mock Black talent and incorporate it for her own success and enrichment; before her was:

Eminem - Wikipedia

Eminem

Jim Jones - Wikipedia
                      Jim Jones

But the real problem is not just White people tricking and fooling AfroAmericans.
The problem is also so many AfroAmericans being STUPID enough to constantly fall for it.

But some of us DO have some sense and know better and can spot a deceptive snake a mile a way.

Take a look at THIS brother and sister from Watts way back in 1968 and how they had sense enough to pay close attention and watch the  Caucasians who come into their community:

It boils down to INTELLIGENCE.

Those who have average intelligence and have a healthy distrust of the Caucasians in their environment and those who are LESS intelligent (stupid) and choose not to.

Gibran

I wrongly assume that because he had personally directed a few movies about us, was cool with Morgan Freeman. Damn, Clint was the number 1 cowboy and Dirty Harry.

In my opinion, any White man who loves guns and other weapons is a dead give-a-way for being a racist.

How many White men that love and have guns have you seen asking for peace and unity with other races?

3 hours ago, Delano said:

I asked some young Black Barber school students, why they liked Eminem. They said he talks about real $#!+.

Eminem is a great MC....I can't take that away from him.
They looked and looked and searched and searched until they FOUND a good White rapper.

My problem is that he CLAIMS the city of Detroit....where he's NOT from.
He's from Kansas.

I grew up around nothing BUT Black people and noticed how the media went out of their way to make Michigan and especially Detroit look like some haven for White people.
Growing up seeing New York and Los Angeles getting so much attention for their Black populations and music while Detroit's was ignored was already a sore spot...and to promote Eminem as a "Detroit rapper" when he was actually from Kansas was like putting salt in the wound, lol.

To illustrate my point..............

What if THIS man was going around saying he was a "Bronx Comedian"?

image.jpeg.2b263965b2f1ff5a0809bae4b6e36538.jpeg

"So I took the subway to my trailer park
and a funny thing happened...."

Being actually FROM The Bronx and knowing what the people there look and act like, how would YOU feel about this?

33 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Eminem is a great MC....I can't take that away from him.
They looked and looked and searched and searched until they FOUND a good White rapper.

He didn't move me, when I heard Slim Shady. The same way the Beastie Boys didn't move me. HOWEVER Eminem loves Rap, more so than Jay-Z, who likes power and money more than rap. He isn't Vanilla Ice, he is more like 3rd Bass who Love the form but don't try to be Black.

Del

I have no doubt that he loves Rap....most Caucasians love and worship our creativity even if they don't love where it came from!

More often than not, they don't love it as much as they want to INCORPORATE it and take it over!

That's why you often find Caucasians who know the lyrics to certain songs and the entire background behind it better than the Black folks who jam and dance to it.
We just love the music...but the Caucasian wants to ANALYZE it so he can MASTER it!

As far as money and power...........

Black rappers usually start off in poverty so they see rap as a means to attain success and wealth.
Most White rappers....like most White people in general...start off with PLENTY of money so they can focus more on the "finer" things in life like music, art, wine-tasting, ect....since money isn't a worry.

When you have plenty of money and power, you can get reeeaaaaal deep because you don't have anything else to spend your time on doing, lol.

Never the less, what I said about him LYING about his origins....not by accident but deliberately....stands.

4 hours ago, Delano said:

I don't know anything about his background. What's the saying it ain't where you from it's where you at. 

I think where you're actually from matters IF YOU'RE LYING about it.

If you aren't from Detroit, why claim it?
What's the purpose...unless you're deliberately trying to deceive the public.

I'm not from New York.
What do I look like running around telling everybody I'm from St. Albans or  Soundview.....doesn't make any sense.

The purpose is to CONFUSE and DECEIVE the people by making you think he's something that he's not.

Just like that Pastor Paula White.....White Supremacists know how to carefully CRAFT an image in order to deceive the masses.

It's like adding a particular ingredient to a recipe..........maybe you don't THINK it matters....but it matters tremendously.

When I went to school people would say they were from New York, I would ask where? I got the following New Jersey Connecticut. You have no control over where you are born, it's let it gives you cred. But i  you have to lie about where you are from, it kinda tells me where you are at. I guess the marketing department got in his ear. Although if he was batlling at the Disco Fever that's real.

4 hours ago, Delano said:

When I went to school people would say they were from New York, I would ask where? I got the following New Jersey Connecticut. You have no control over where you are born, it's let it gives you cred. But i  you have to lie about where you are from, it kinda tells me where you are at. I guess the marketing department got in his ear. Although if he was batlling at the Disco Fever that's real.

White people are NOTORIOUS for that.

They are well known for being from the suburbs but CLAIMING to be from some tough hard urban area.

I believe they do it for street credibility.

What bothers me is when no one CALLS them on it, but are quick to call another Black person over the slightest fib.

On 11/15/2020 at 2:19 PM, Delano said:

He didn't move me, when I heard Slim Shady. The same way the Beastie Boys didn't move me.

I remember the first time hearing both of those albums.  In fact Eminem's first album may have been that last rap CD I purchased. I still have my copy of the first Beastie Boys I enjoyed the humor in them.  Both artists did something different with the form.  By the time Slim Shady came around rap had already ben coopted, so I'm not surprised Em is from Kansas.

Langston Hughes is from Kansas and he is perhaps the most recognized figure from the Harlem Renaissance.

People create fictional origin stories for a variety of reasons.  Sometimes they say they are from some larger city when they were really from a smaller nearby town no one has heard of and it is just easier to say the more recognizable location.

Sometimes when people ask where I'm from and I'll just say New York City. If they probe further, I'll say Harlem. If is not unusual for white person to say. "you don't seem like you are from Harlem."  But those are people operate on stereotypes (@Pioneer1) and I do not fit many people's (Black or white) stereotype of someone from Harlem.   

• Like 1

Troy

I didn't know that about Langston until you just told me.  

If I were to only read your posts, no....you don't sound like most people I've met from Harlem (Like Sa Neter and Brother Polight).
But in the couple of videos where I've heard you speaking you DO sound like a typical New Yorker.  

That Bugs Bunny accent so many have.

• Haha 1