Mo' Money, Mo' Money, Mo' Money

For once in my life, I can offer the news that a city in NC has put forth a REPARATIONS package for the black residents of Asheville. It is hoped that what happens in Asheville will become a model for the rest of the nation.

The city council voted unanimously to issue an apology for slavery and promised to pour money into investments into the black neighborhoods. No money will be paid out to individuals, but a newly formed Commission was formed so that the money could be allocated accordingly.

Two other cites, Providence, Rhode Island, and Richmond VA have followed the Asheville model while last year, Evansville, Illinois took it one step further by becoming the first city to approve direct payouts to individual blacks.

• Thanks 1

On 11/22/2020 at 9:26 AM, Gibran said:

For once in my life, I can offer the news that a city in NC has put forth a REPARATIONS package for the black residents of Asheville. It is hoped that what happens in Asheville will become a model for the rest of the nation.

The city council voted unanimously to issue an apology for slavery and promised to pour money into investments into the black neighborhoods. No money will be paid out to individuals, but a newly formed Commission was formed so that the money could be allocated accordingly.

Two other cites, Providence, Rhode Island, and Richmond VA have followed the Asheville model while last year, Evansville, Illinois took it one step further by becoming the first city to approve direct payouts to individual blacks.

Oh hell.............

Those first 3 cites are a SCAM brother.

When they talk about "investments" into Black neighborhoods, it's VAGUE and AMBIGOUS talk like that the raises my antenna.
If most of the businesses in so-called "Black" neighborhoods are not owned by Black people then who are getting these "investments"?
If most of the housing and land in so-called "Black" neighborhoods are not owned by Black people then who are getting these "investments"?

And how many Black neighborhoods even EXIST anymore.
Most of them are a MIX between Blacks and Whites or Black and non-Black Latinos.
So how do they know who is getting what?

It's too scatter-shot and vague.

The only one that sounds half way decent is the Evansville Illinois approval.

We'll have to keep a close eye on this and see where it goes.

But I'm telling you that the WORST part of this is can play games and give out checks to under-cover firms and non-profit organizations where the money goes right back into the hands of Caucasians instead of Black people and then they can run around saying that they "already paid" reparations to avoid having to pay them FOR REAL.

image.jpeg.526c7f2c7a168e7d9f93acd069c84aad.jpeg

"I'm happy to announce that we
JUST paid out Reparations to
PEOPLE OF COLOR last week!"

15 Stars Whose Blackface Blunders Backfired, From Ted Danson to Jimmy  Kimmel (Photos)

"Well......
I got MY check.  I'm happy!"

On 11/22/2020 at 12:26 PM, Gibran said:

Two other cites, Providence, Rhode Island, and Richmond VA have followed the Asheville model while last year, Evansville, Illinois took it one step further by becoming the first city to approve direct payouts to individual blacks

What advancements were made by Blacks when they got the Pandemic Stimulus money?

Troy

given how rapidly our money leaves the Black community white businesses benefit just as much. 

That's my point.
If Black people don't have financial institutions of our own to save and invest money in and make sure it's protected, it'll only be a short amount of time before any compensation ends up right back into the hands of Whites, Arabs, and Asian business owners.

When I was a kid, Detroit had SEVERAL Black owned banks and credit unions.
Now I think the city has only ONE Black owned bank.

11 hours ago, Troy said:

daniellegfny you are exhibiting increasingly troll like behavior. That last comment was a doosey

Since when did questions become troll like behavior? Is you don’t understand the point it’s simpler to ask questions thank attack the questioner. 

The point was that money 💰 by itself doesn’t improve conditions. Maybe it would have seem less provocative if I asked the well worn question “What happen to the money all those instant millionaires received from the lottery?” Same concept just different wording.

10 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

When I was a kid, Detroit had SEVERAL Black owned banks and credit unions.
Now I think the city has only ONE Black owned bank.

Successful businesses usually sell out to the highest bidder or go public. 

Daniel

Successful businesses usually sell out to the highest bidder or go public. 

No, that's not the USUAL case.

It's usually the UN-successful businesses or those on a downward slope that sell out or open themselves up to be incorporated.   Usually as a desperate move by the owner to cut their losses and re-comp some of the money they lost.  Most successful sole-owner proprieties that are generating the type of income they want and are doing what they love to do are the LAST businesses to sell out, they have no reason to.

Not sure if you're doing what you love so I won't use you as an example but Troy is obviously doing what he loves, and if he's making the type of money he wants can you imagine him selling AALBC for any reason EXCEPT someone offers him a ridiculously large sum of money that he'd be stupid to refuse?

3 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

No, that's not the USUAL case.

I am talking about companies like BET, Johnson Publishing. I think City National was black bank that got bought out. I see clearly now that it’s out points of reference which are misaligned when we are speaking. 

I think of how Am@zon, Google and other major companies behave. You pointed to failures. I think of the Crowdfunding trend occurring. I think part of this difference could be reconciled through the use of the Cashflow quadrant as a reference to the types of things we are talking about.

718DAFC8-A53F-4418-9417-904E9F96D1B2.thumb.jpeg.32933ffa3921d8a3e16f01faf5fe9c59.jpeg

Most of the situations you talked about are on the Left. I am focusing on the Right. You implied that I might not love what I am doing. I am looking to make my project multigenerational and non-dependent upon me for it’s existence. 

For me I don’t see any glory or virtue in the struggle. The struggle is just a part of the process. I am looking at where in the process I am at and where I need to get to. I look to establishing systems while you are debating over how to deconstruct them.

Dan

Here you go again with that Rich Dad madness you got from reading that Korean dude's book.

isten, you can't go by what you read from the books written by these financial gurus because they're LEAVING OUT a lot of important details of how they got their money.

.....like the fact that they got a 10 million dollar loan from their rich uncle.
....or got 25 million dollars from a lawsuit

But they'll have YOU believe they started off poor or broke and built an entire empire from scratch.  

Many of these "get rich quick" books were put out to DECEIVE you and DECEIVE the public as to how wealth is REALLY generated.
They'll have you running around in circles for decades thinking you can get rich if you just light the right candles and BELEIVE hard enough....meanwhile most people got rich through revolution or having powerful connections that funneled money to them.

Do you seriously think Gates or Bezos got their billions through strategic planning or charisma?
No....
YOU DON'T KNOW how they REALLY got their wealth.  All you know is what you're being told.

For all we know Caucasians have secret caverns scattered around where they're just GIVING away wealth to eachother..

cave candles - Google Search in 2020 | Painting, Candles, Earth

"Ohh ye....ohh ye........
Forbes...we shall grant thee $2 billion this year.
Gates...we shall grant thee $4 billion this year.
Wolinski...ye are unknown so we will make thine
presence known and grant thee $1 billion and a
lot of media attention to get started.

Now goeth thou forth....and maintain  our dominion!"

((more "ohh ye...ohh ye"...chanting in the back ground....lol))

I am looking to make my project multigenerational and non-dependent upon me for it’s existence. 

Do you have children?

If not, the only thing making your project "multigenerational" will do is further enrich Caucasians....unless you insist that AfroAmericans take it over and progress it after you're long gone.

18 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

But they'll have YOU believe they started off poor or broke and built an entire empire from scratch

Oprah, Daymond, JayZ, 

22 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

seriously think Gates or Bezos got their billions through strategic planning or charisma?

I think there money came from Federal, Business, Educational, Consumer purchases. You are talking get rich quick. I am talking business principals. I can understand that you have difficulty accepting that people are and continue to be successful based on their efforts. 

6 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

Oprah, Daymond, JayZ, 

I think there money came from Federal, Business, Educational, Consumer purchases. You are talking get rich quick. I am talking business principals. I can understand that you have difficulty accepting that people are and continue to be successful based on their efforts. 

Hawaiian. You are like the person who is given a map and refuses it because you think that you are better off without it.

Dan

Oprah, Daymond, JayZ, 

The same thing applies, you don't know how THEY really got THEIR millions either.
We know WHERE they got it from....the White Supremacists who obviously have more wealth than THEM if they can make them wealthy.

You only know what you're being told, but there are a ton of AfroAmericans with more talent and business sense than them who've made fewer mistakes but aren't nearly as wealthy, why?

Like I said, for all we know there could be a secret cavern where White Supremacists are DISTRIBUTING wealth to whoever they want for whatever purpose at the time. 

Yesterday it was Rockefeller and Ford.

Today it's Gates and Bezos.

Tomorrow it could be "Pulnicheck" and "Wolinski"

AP Report:

Well, it looks like 23 year old "Joshua Wolinski" is on his way to being one of the youngest billionaires on record after going public with his multi-billion dollar "tech firm" that he started from scratch in his parent's basement.
  - Yada, yada, yada...whatever.

Goofy White guy | i8theball

Joshua Wolinski   "Tech Firm Mogul"

They'll just find any goofy looking White boy jacking off in his mother's basement and decide to GIVE HIM a couple billion dollars and some media attention..and maybe a Chinese wife who just stands next to the bastid holding his arm.

Now you're running behind HIM trying to figure out HIS secret to success.  ((shakes head))

@Pioneer1 here is a comment from a guest poster that illustrates your point 

1 hour ago, daniellegfny said:

Since when did questions become troll like behavior?

Questions are not the problem.  Questions like, "What advancements were made by Blacks when they got the Pandemic Stimulus money?"  Make no sense.  My assertion that you are exhibiting troll-like behavior is not limited to this question it is based upon a pattern of your posts.  Your strong, but baseless support of Trump, your Coiid denial, and other things strain credulity.

Even your question, “What happen to the money all those instant millionaires received from the lottery?” tells me you did no research onto why some lottery winners burn through all their money.  Still this has nothing to do with Black-owned businesses and just seems like weak attempt to disparage Black people, something a Troll does.

Again, if I truly believed you were a troll you would have been banned already.  It is not an attack just an observation. I've been running forums for over two decades my opinion is an informed one.

24 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Many of these "get rich quick" books were put out to DECEIVE you and DECEIVE the public as to how wealth is REALLY generated.

If the "guru's" income is derived from telling YOU how to to get rich, then you are generally being deceived, because they are getting rich off of you.

54 minutes ago, Troy said:

Make no sense.  My

Your lack of understanding is caused by your defense mechanism. 

55 minutes ago, Troy said:

Your strong, but baseless support of Trump, your Coiid denial, and other things strain credulity.

You are calling my skepticism of the reaction to COVID a denial of the disease. They are two different things and can be mutually exclusive. 

You call my self interest Baseless. I find your opposition to Trump frivolous but that doesn’t make me think any less of you. For the record, my number one reason for Supporting Trump was to eliminate the Individual Mandate. He succeeded. I also benefited from his energy policy which resulted in lower gas prices. By increasing the supply and removing hurdles to the energy sector America has become energy Independant and a net exporter of Natural gas. 

This is meaningless to you because you don’t care how high your energy bills may go or Gas prices. Gas in a variable cost in one of my businesses.

I choose not to play the pity game and focus on what I can do and impact. If that strains your brains,I can assure it may be contrarian, but not trolling.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

They'll just find any goofy looking White boy jacking off in his mother's basement and decide to GIVE HIM a couple billion dollars and some media attention..and maybe a Chinese wife who just stands next to the bastid holding his arm.

I pity your low self esteem.

Troy

If the "guru's" income is derived from telling YOU how to to get rich, then you are generally being deceived, because they are getting rich off of you.

That goes without question that they generate atleast a portion of their wealth from selling you books that convince you that it's YOUR fault that you aren't a billionaire.

But the conspiratorial part of me says that they are also being SENT into the public with disinformation and distractions to trick people into believing certain falsehood and misconceptions.

We know that a large number of people who have accumulated wealth in this society got it through what would be considered criminal activity and then that wealth is passed down from one generation to the next un-touched as long as you initially paid off the right people before you died.

But these "gurus" will have you thinking if you just work 25 hours a day 8 days a week and don't blame racism and don't blame corrupt politics and burn blue candles on Wednesday and black candles on Sunday...then magically your bank account will overflow.

You know, it also distracts people from FIGHTING FOR GOOD PAYING JOBS.
Notice that in the past, working class men used to gather together and yell and rant and demand more good paying jobs with benefits so that they can feed their families and usually the powers that be would provide them....for a time atleast.
Notice very few people are doing that today?

Because these "gurus" have convinced people that they don't have to work....fuck working for someobody else....BE YOUR OWN BOSS!
Now you got tens of millions of "independent contractors" and "free agents" living in their parent's garages or on the street who refuse to punch a time-clock because they're PURSUING THEIR DREAM of entreprenuership....and broke as hell.

Case in point............

Meet Tyrone Diggs from Gary Indiana.
At 15 years old after years of watching his father come home every day from the steel mills tired and smelling like sweat from working on his factory job that ONLY payed him enough to buy a house and take care of himself, his wife, and his children......young Tyrone decided he didn't want that type of life for himself.
He decided that he was gonna pursue his dream as a tattoo artist like his white friends and be HIS OWN BOSS..........

black man sitting on sidewalk on sunny day - homeless man – NY Clips

Well, looks like Tyrone is HALF WAY there.....
He doesn't have to worry about coming home tired from working a moderate paying factory job that supported a family.
And it LOOKS like he's his own boss with nobody (except the police occasionally) telling him what to do.