Time

. Lately I have been reading about time. It seems to be a hard thing to describe. I have also been thinking about the quality of time. Although we mostly think about time as quantities. It is paradoxical because it is the only resource we have at our disposal, yet we can neither accumulate it nor save it. And we trade it for money, fun and everything else.

Just now, Delano said:

. Lately I have been reading about time. It seems to be a hard thing to describe. I have also been thinking about the quality of time. Although we mostly think about time as quantities. It is paradoxical because it is the only resource we have at our disposal, yet we can neither accumulate it nor save it. And we trade it for money, fun and everything else.

•  

First, some good news.  If there is such a thing as a natural remedy for success, it would certainly be time, but just what is this phenomenon that most of us tolerate with only a mild curiosity? Can it be harnessed? Can it be regulated or reduced? How do we establish a long-term relationship with it?  Are there any hard-and-true “rules of the road” when it comes to confronting time in an effort to mastering it?

From the very moment of our conception, we are born ready to run away from time, the one thing we can’t escape. No matter what we do or don’t do during the course of our lives, it will all be accomplished within a framework where time has generated either a blessing or a curse dependent upon our behavior in regards to it.

Time is indeed a privilege, a social pact between you and God; and when we come to understand how much of a travesty it is to us, individually, to fail to validate our lives, we will learn how to interact with time on a more compatible basis. What can be any more personally cruel to us as the amazing humans we are than to die without having solved the mystery of how to make time your friend.

To merely exist is so low-tech. The emphasis should be on living, and by that I mean living well, but let it be understood right now that to truly live is both  appealing and challenging. The inherent appeal lies within your ability to envision that “there is more where this came from” while the challenge is praying that you have room for it all.

What is so apparent is that some of us, perhaps most of us, approach the adventure of life with the view that time is an enemy, our own private bogeyman that ushers in horizons where unforeseeable unknowns can threaten our personal sanity. Then we legitimize these fears by becoming a poster-child for their fruition. Unsurprisingly, those of us who have made a living of being victimized by time simply don’t know what to do with ourselves. What this so aptly illustrates is how deeply we have tied our emotions and our intellectual independence on the fear of something whose primary goal is to confer value on our existence rather than to rob us of it.

In a nutshell, time, rather than being the spirit of doom should be more rightly viewed as an introductory offer to tomorrow.

*I wrote this 15 years ago*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibran said:
  •  

First, some good news.  If there is such a thing as a natural remedy for success, it would certainly be time, but just what is this phenomenon that most of us tolerate with only a mild curiosity? Can it be harnessed? Can it be regulated or reduced? How do we establish a long-term relationship with it?  Are there any hard-and-true “rules of the road” when it comes to confronting time in an effort to mastering it?

From the very moment of our conception, we are born ready to run away from time, the one thing we can’t escape. No matter what we do or don’t do during the course of our lives, it will all be accomplished within a framework where time has generated either a blessing or a curse dependent upon our behavior in regards to it.

Time is indeed a privilege, a social pact between you and God; and when we come to understand how much of a travesty it is to us, individually, to fail to validate our lives, we will learn how to interact with time on a more compatible basis. What can be any more personally cruel to us as the amazing humans we are than to die without having solved the mystery of how to make time your friend.

To merely exist is so low-tech. The emphasis should be on living, and by that I mean living well, but let it be understood right now that to truly live is both  appealing and challenging. The inherent appeal lies within your ability to envision that “there is more where this came from” while the challenge is praying that you have room for it all.

What is so apparent is that some of us, perhaps most of us, approach the adventure of life with the view that time is an enemy, our own private bogeyman that ushers in horizons where unforeseeable unknowns can threaten our personal sanity. Then we legitimize these fears by becoming a poster-child for their fruition. Unsurprisingly, those of us who have made a living of being victimized by time simply don’t know what to do with ourselves. What this so aptly illustrates is how deeply we have tied our emotions and our intellectual independence on the fear of something whose primary goal is to confer value on our existence rather than to rob us of it.

In a nutshell, time, rather than being the spirit of doom should be more rightly viewed as an introductory offer to tomorrow.

*I wrote this 15 years ago*

Time. Wow.. sometimes when I hear that word, it makes me tremble. TIME! For someone who has ever done "TIME" the word is frightening, especially when you must confront it with its boxing gloves on. For most, time is an anonymous fear that has no shape or form. It just is, but when you go to prison, TIME because a living, breathing monster that you have to either tame or die. Prison transform TIME into the proverbial monkey on your back. It is always there like a bad habit you can't shake. 

In prison. TIME awards you nothing but the challenge to defeat it.When I was a rookie at going to jail, the old heads used to always say that 

the time is already made. All you gotta do is to outlive it." That is easier said than done when you have a thousand other lost souls competing for 'something to do' in the same shared space.

During my first serious bid at 15, I felt like I had cheated TIME because the Youth Center was like a summer camp for troubled teenagers. I learned how to box (was a pretty decent welterweight fighter), tightened up my basketball game, and discovered where some of my classmates had gone who had suddenly disappeared. I went to prison on the day that MLK had gotten killed and within hours of my arrival in prison, a riot broke out due to MLK and 8 convicts were murdered.

You know something that I hadn't really thought about, but that incident may have sparked my militancy because shortly thereafter, I morphed into a revolutionary. I was not playing with those devils. I started a riot of my own a few years later. I burned down the corn fields at the prison farm to protest them forcing us to work in below freezing weather which was against the rules. I took over Sunday church services to rail against white oppression. I was placed in solitary confinement for my last year in prison because it ws decided that I was a 'bad influence on the other convicts.

My second bid netted me 30 years and I knew I had to do ten before parole so what was I to do for 3650 days Looking at TIME like that is really frightening. Oh yeah,let me tell you about how TIME steals your perspective. I did 4 years on that first bid. I thought everything stood still because in prison, it does. You don't realize thar shit still going on in the streets. Anyway, when I came home, my family had moved and I didn't quite know the hood, so 3 of my sisters came to greet me. I waited for them in a park. I had been 19 and I was four years older than the oldest of those sisters. In my mind, Istill thought they were little girls. Hell, the baby girl was barely walking when I left so when I saw 3 girls walk by, I had no idea who they were! I was hiding behind  tree s I could jump out to surprise them but I idn't recognize my own sisters. Doing TIME had tricked me into not knowing that shit didn't stop bbecause I was locked up.

I watched TIME make bitches ot of strong men because the day you run out of shit to do to fill up those long days and empty nights,  is the day you go crazy. And that hurts most. Dig this. I had friends that I was close to who got shipped out to another jail and then when we hit the same prison yard again, he was a 'girl'. As hard as that was, I dealt with that better than seeing a friend lose his mind. Nothing is sadder than to watch a soldier turn into a zombie. What is worse is seeing it out here. A few months ago, a chain-gang friend came home. Good, good brotha. Came home after 23 years and he was gone. All he talks about is flying mission while he was in 'Nam. He was never in the Army. Shit sad.

Yeah, TIME is a different monster when she got out her whip and chains. I was close to fucking up myself nut a white counselor saved me. I was placed in maximum security for a year for 'instigating a rebellion against staff'. Anyway, even though I was a vet at doing time on lockup, I was not emotionally rready to be locked up for 23 hours a day with no physical contact with another human being so I put in a request to see the psychologist. This was normal as most guys would go to the Wizard as the psyche doctor was called because he would happily prescribe psychotropic drugs that would make you sleep. The first week or so on lockup are the hardest until you adjust so the pills works wonders. In any even, when I went to see the wiz, he refused to give me a 'script. What happened is that he had ben a counselor at another joint where I had been and he told me that he saw me out of his window every day running. You couldn't miss me. I had extremely long dreads. He explained what the drugs would do to me. He told me to tuff it out. And that's what I did. Man, I almost let TIME get to me.

TIME ain't no joke.  My brother did 36 years straight in prison. He's out now. We were waiting on our oldest brother to come home, but he died two years ago after doing 40 years inside. I don't know if it has made news everywhere but a friend who did 44 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit was released two months ago. He is trending online, has been on the news, and has the ear of locals. I will ask him to push the National Day of Amnesty mentioned in another thread.

TIME messed up another friend who did 20 years inside for a crime he didn't do. His case was finally overturned, he got millions of dollars for wrongful imprisonment, and then committed suicide. When I did ten years for a robbery I did not do, TIME really messed with me. I was innocent. I wrote Oprah, 60 minutes, Geraldo. Only Ed Bradley from 60 minutes responded. The office of Barry Scheck from The Innocence Project ( a lawyer on the OJ case) told me it would take two years to get to my case, I almost wanted to give up. two years! That was too long. You cannot imagine how TIME roughed me up. It was like I was on some different kind of mission. I didn't want to get into trouble or beef with the guards or the convicts. I wanted to go home. It took me ten years

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Delano

What if you found out that you were ETERNAL?

How would that knowledge affect your perspective of "time" and it's quality or better yet VALUE?

Gibran

Always interesting posts.....always.

You know, all the while reading your second post about your experiences in the belly of the beast I was thinking to myself......

We as AfroAmericans are a very strong people.
The conditions you and others who've been inside have described that so many of our people go through and the hell that they endure is incredible.  It's a wonder that most of them didn't just commit suicide or go absolutely insane to the point of incapacitation....which makes me wonder.

We know our people are strong, but I wonder if they are  TOO STRONG for their own good.  Meaning......

Perhaps people who were "weaker" and wouldn't be able to tolerate nearly as much torture and humiliation...WOULDN'T tolerate it.

In other words......
Since they KNEW they wouldn't be strong enough to survive the horrors of prison life, perhaps these weaker people would just say "fuck it" and instead of going through something so horrific would just commit suicide outright and get it over with before even going inside.

I have a friend who's highschool friend of about 15 or 16 was dating a White girl and later on was accused of rape.
He said that rather than go through the court system, paying for lawyers, and all of the worry and wonder of will he be found guilty and how much time he might have to do...he said after a long conversation with him his boy then went home and decided to just shoot himself and not even bother with the process.  

It reminds me of some of our ancestors who already saw what time it was on the slave ships on their way over here and decided to just go ahead and JUMP overboard.

The tragic yet resilient story of Igbo slaves who committed mass suicide  off U.S. coast in 1803 - Face2Face Africa

"....nah, not me. 
I ain't dealing with it.

3 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Perhaps people who were "weaker" and wouldn't be able to tolerate nearly as much torture and humiliation...WOULDN'T.

In other words......
Instead of being strong enough to do it and "survive", perhaps these weaker people would just

Man, I think I finally know how to usethe quote button effectively. Yeah, you are right. We are too strong. Like when we go to prison, we just grit our teeth and handle it. White boys will try to escape, but we just rely on our strength to make it through. No matter, we just tuff it out and in the end we declare ourselves the winners since we have gone toe-to-toe with the man and we took hiis best shots and we still standing.  we love to show off the big muscles we got inside, but we hide the thousand emotional wounds we suffered on the road to being valiant sufferers.

Just think. There are over a thousand prisoners, yet only a hundred guards. How can so few control so many------conditioning. We are conditiond to believe in their superiority so we don't rock the boat. We enjoy being good at suffering. Mental conditioning is a beast. Like the time I spoke of. It was a bitter old day and we were out in the cold, stopped at a gate. Th gate is always locked. We stood in the cold for thirty minutes waiting on a guard to open the gate. Th damn gate was open, but since we were so conditioned to believe it was locked, none of us even tried to push the gate open

Sometimes being strong without good sense is a weapon to be used against a person. Think Samson, if you into the Bible

Gibran

Sometimes being strong without good sense is a weapon to be used against a person. Think Samson, if you into the Bible

Absolutely, in more ways that one.....

-If you're strong and stupid then your enemy can outsmart you and use your strength to provide free/cheap labor for himself.

-Also, if you're strong and stupid your enemy can control you by setting you against EACHOTHER

I'm almost sure this is one of the main reason prisons across the nation ALLOW gangs to operate inside their confines.
If you have 100,000 inmates and only 100 officers to control them then you will have to inevitably have to find a way to get them to CONTROL EACHOTHER.   

I'm sure there are Asians in prison, although I'm not sure how many.
However I often wonder that if KOREANS were targeted by the police the way so many AfroAmericans are....what would be THEIR reaction?
Would they just trot off to jail by the millions, or would they be sitting at home saying their good-byes to their families and locking themselves in the bathroom until.....

And if for some reason they WERE rounded up and put in prison by the hundreds of thousands, would they spend their time raping and stabbing eachother over petty matters and power-moves?
Somehow, I don't see them doing that.

Just now, Pioneer1 said:

Gibran

Absolutely, in more ways that one.....

-If you're strong and stupid then your enemy can outsmart you and use your strength to provide free/cheap labor for himself.

-Also, if you're strong and stupid your enemy can control you by setting you against EACHOTHER

I'm almost sure this is one of the main reason prisons across the nation ALLOW gangs to operate inside their confines.
If you have 100,000 inmates and only 100 officers to control them then you will have to inevitably have to find a way to get them to CONTROL EACHOTHER.   

I'm sure there are Asians in prison, although I'm not sure how many.
However I often wonder that if KOREANS were targeted by the police the way so many AfroAmericans are....what would be THEIR reaction?
Would they just trot off to jail by the millions, or would they be sitting at home saying their good-byes to their families and locking themselves in the bathroom until.....

And if for some reason they WERE rounded up and put in prison by the hundreds of thousands, would they spend their time raping and stabbing eachother over petty matters and power-moves?
Somehow, I don't see them doing that.

Yeah, we the only ones who don't treat time as an investment to getting better while inside. There was an old saying. DON'T SERVE TIME. MAKE TIME SERVE YOU. but jail is the one place where we exercise POWER. We run shit inside and maybe that is why we flock to our power base. Dig this, throughout my convict life, I have constantly ran ito brothers that I have practically grown up with from juvenile to the big house. See them over and over again. On the state. In the feds but guess what? I hardly even see Asians but once. They don't keep coming back.

• Like 1

Gibran

I hardly even see Asians but once. They don't keep coming back.

Brother!.....((sigh)).....I WANT to say "This is because they aren't being targeted like AfroAmericans.  That's why you don't see them in prison much."

But I don't know if I should say that; because I'm not sure if that's the ENTIRE truth.

The next time you go to a haircare/beauty supply store or convenience store or any other place where you may find several Koreans; ask yourself can you see them grouped up together in a room grinning and hee-heeing and hoo-hooing over stomping the shit out of another Korean who himself is laying on the floor on the other side of the room barely able to move but still cussing and yelling to the top of his lungs about what HE is going to do to THEM in a minute.

Just picture that scenario in your mind.

Look at those Koreans behind that counter in that business and imagine THEM playing out those roles in your mind....if you can....lol.

Just now, Delano said:

Yes 

I can't imagine how to do it.

By living consciously 

i am, like you ,a believer in conscious living but sadly, we all, for the most part, live in alternate realities. What you consciously experience may not be a reality for me. What happens is frustration because I can fit my conscious perspective into the perspective you have invented for yourself. It like eyewitness accounts. For example, we can witness the same fight and walk away with differing accounts and opinions of who won. Or what about a wreck. We both see the accident but I saw car A as wrong whereas you swear Car B was wrong. No matter what I perceive as real due to what I consciously interpret from my environment may not be what you get. While consciousness is real. it is is interpreted subjectively and therefore open to differing opinions nd judgments. That is primarily the reason why people will usually accept science over spirituality. Science can be qualified ad verified whereas consciousness, like spirituality, is open to individual questioning. How is it, I wonder that something as powerful as time which affects us all can be seen so differently by the very ones it affects most. Maybe, my brother maybe the ones coming after us will figure it out. Peace

@Pioneer1 

Brer, I almost forgot to mention this. When I was locked up, any and every time I would hear that song by Stephanie Mills called HOME, I would almost break down and cry like a baby when she gets to the part where she sings "TIME BE MY FRIEND". Man, that used to bring me to my knees. Th way she sings that  hurt my soul in a way. It cuts me in half emotionally. When you are inside, your only job if you are to survive is to find a way to make time your friend. Think I'm gonna listen to that song now and see whats up

• Like 1

I consider myself a Modern Primitive. I use technology, but magic, belief and will are more important for me.

The mind is what makes your reality. It is possible to train or deprogram your mind. I feel the first step is to either question everything or say you know nothing. 

I have not been to prison, but I would imagine there are guys in prison, that even though their body is imprisoned their mind is not. It sounds lie prison in an odd way freed your mind. If I am mistaken . I apologise. @Gibran

I feel the only people free in society are sociopaths, creative artist and inventors.

• Like 1

Just now, Delano said:

I consider myself a Modern Primitive. I use technology, but magic, belief and will are more important for me.

The mind is what makes your reality. It is possible to train or deprogram your mind. I feel the first step is to either question everything or say you know nothing. 

I have not been to prison, but I would imagine there are guys in prison, that even though their body is imprisoned their mind is not. It sounds lie prison in an odd way freed your mind. If I am mistaken . I apologise. @Gibran

I feel the only people free in society are sociopaths, creative artist and inventors.

Brother, you are on point. Dig this, I just read an article where a guy said that the problem is that we let opinions and ideas go unchecked for fear of offending others. It's wrong not to question things because if we simply allow false notions to persist, it can be damaging. The reason a lot of lies exist is because we never challenged them though we knew them to be wrong. Considering the position we are in as a people or as a nation, we cannot reman silent in the face of lies. Keep on providing your light.

In the joint, what is true as you mentioned is how your mind should be free. Used properly, your mind is your best ally in the struggle to survive. When younger, I was told by the old heads to get your mind off the streets. Forget about family, friends, girlfriends because thinking of them would disrupt your ability to live in the moment. In prison, you must always live in the moment because if you are not aware of what's going u can get into trouble. That works, but as I got older i started to free my mind. I enjoyed that way much better.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gibran said:

Forget about family, friends, girlfriends because thinking of them would disrupt your ability to live in the moment.

Living in the moment is the goal. I used to be a bike messenger in Manhattan. Once or twice I would put on Public Enemy and ride through traffic. It was electrifying, to feel the energy of the music, while weaving through traffic and leaving cars behind you. In that moment it was just the me, the bike and the feeling. I only did it a handful of times since I didn't want to lose my hearing or get into an accident.

There is something about being totally immersed in an activity to the point that the world disappears.

• Like 1

Gibran

I would hear that song by Stephanie Mills called HOME,

Now let me tell you bro, Stephanie is one TINY woman!

I've seen her in real life on several occasions and she has a close relationship with the Nation of Islam and used to sing at certain events.  

That woman is literally just a bit taller than a midget.   She's not a midget and she's well proportioned, but she is VERY small....and cute, lol.

Stephanie Mills | ♪ Black Music ♫ | Black female singers, Female singers,  Stephanie mills

Del

The mind is what makes your reality.

The mind doesn't MAKE your reality; the reality you experience has already been created.  
Your mind helps you to EXPERIENCE the reality that you're in and gives you a particular perspective in it.

What is your answer to your own question?

My answer may be influenced by YOURS, which is why I must hear yours first....lol.

7 hours ago, Delano said:

There is something about being totally immersed in an activity to the point that the world disappears.

Yeah they call that state "flow" nowadays.  I experienced it all the time.  Time during these periods literally flies.  I can become so engrossed in an activity that I loose track of time. 

The first time I noticed this someone pointed it out to me after watching one of my gymnastics routines in high school.  They said it looked like I'd completely blocked everything out.  It was not a conscious thing that I tried to do.  It came naturally. Now I'm aware of the conditions when it happens and I try to take advantages of them.

If I'm engaged in an activity, that I can choose, and time seems to drag, I don't do that activity.  My last corporates gig was like that it seemed like it took lunch time FOREVER to come. 

@Pioneer1 your question about being "eternal" presumes we can dispense with the notion that everything ends.  I don't think anything is eternal -- not this universe or even they photos that are hitting your eyeballs right now.

I passed Stephanie Mills on the street many years ago, in the 70's she was still playing Dorothy on Broadway.  She looks GOOD in that photo compared to what I recall from 40 years ago. Yeah she is short and I'm only 5' 7", My she has to be close to 60 now, so I guess that photo is very old.

Del

You

Don't cry for me Argentina(o).

Not likely

Why not?

Troy

Yeah they call that state "flow" nowadays.  I experienced it all the time.  Time during these periods literally flies.  I can become so engrossed in an activity that I loose track of time. 

The first time I noticed this someone pointed it out to me after watching one of my gymnastics routines in high school.  They said it looked like I'd completely blocked everything out.  It was not a conscious thing that I tried to do.  It came naturally. Now I'm aware of the conditions when it happens and I try to take advantages of them.

In sports, it's called "The Zone".

A state of extreme focus.

your question about being "eternal" presumes we can dispense with the notion that everything ends.  I don't think anything is eternal -- not this universe or even they photos that are hitting your eyeballs right now.

Who...except for One who has lived eternally...can KNOW FOR SURE if anything can be eternal or not?

She looks GOOD in that photo compared to what I recall from 40 years ago. Yeah she is short and I'm only 5' 7", My she has to be close to 60 now, so I guess that photo is very old.

LMBAO.....man, I hope she's not reading this right now!!

6 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Who...except for One who has lived eternally...can KNOW FOR SURE if anything can be eternal or not?

Me, that is who. 😉

6 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I hope she's not reading this right now!!

Why? What did I say that was wrong;  that she looked good, was short like me, and must be 60 by now (google say 63)?🥰

Troy

Sure, you can SAY it.

But how much weight would the commentary of someone who hasn't even lived 100 years, carry in a conversation about "eternity"?

Unless you believe in re-incarnation.....

Why? What did I say that was wrong;  that she looked good, was short like me, and must be 60 by now (google say 63)?

Well, how would you like it if someone  told you:

Chris Rock leaves Perth pub crowd 'in tears' with surprise Charles Hotel  comedy show - ABC News

"Man.....
You shoooo' look better in this picture
than I REMEMBERED ya lookin' !

Are we SURE this is you????

They must have PHOTOSHOPPED
this mug, or something!"

.....not exactly the BEST compliment, LMBAO.

19 hours ago, Delano said:

The following thought occurred to me, "If we assume everything we have been told is false , then we may get closer to the truth."

Brother, I cannot even begin to express how how  I now cling to the concept you just mentioned. I know I have been bamboozled as Malcolm would say and i have just began, like this week, to assume everything is false that I have learned and upon reviewing them in a more scientific and objective fashion, I have been able to re-adjust my focus. What I have discovered is that many times, I was not informed, but influenced. 

18 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Gibran

I would hear that song by Stephanie Mills called HOME,

Now let me tell you bro, Stephanie is one TINY woman!

I've seen her in real life on several occasions and she has a close relationship with the Nation of Islam and used to sing at certain events.  

That woman is literally just a bit taller than a midget.   She's not a midget and she's well proportioned, but she is VERY small....and cute, lol.

Stephanie Mills | ♪ Black Music ♫ | Black female singers, Female singers,  Stephanie mills

Del

The mind is what makes your reality.

The mind doesn't MAKE your reality; the reality you experience has already been created.  
Your mind helps you to EXPERIENCE the reality that you're in and gives you a particular perspective in it.

What is your answer to your own question?

My answer may be influenced by YOURS, which is why I must hear yours first....lol.

@Troy @Pioneer1Wow... this may not seem like much, but what happened here is what I was speaking of about having our own platform to piece shit together. Just think how we all, well, Troy and Pioneer1 have personal stories about Stephanie Mills. Well, I do to. She lived in Charlotte for a while and was involved with a local DJ, so she could be seen, and me, being me, was trying to find a way to get at her. Never mind that, but the fact that three of us, in different parts of the country all have info on something or someone, and just like that, through our observations, we were able to ascertain a lot about the sista just by comparing our notes. I know it sound simple, but we know more than we know. We just need to start building. I might know something that I thought was just a southern thang, but it may have happened in NY or Michigan as well.  Gotta use a street example cause that's what I know. Once , there was a drug everyone was wanting due to its sales potential. Went up North trying to find it, couldn't. The problem. We called the drug one thing in the south, but in the north it was know by another name. Once we starting a dialogue with the brothas up top, we put the pieces together but as long as we were counting on the limited regional info we had, the connection would have never been made. The simple act of building made a couple of brothas I iknew very wealthy. It's all about networking and building. IF YOU KNOW SOMETHING----SAY SOMETHING!  

As Brotha Delano pointed out about being in the moment and which Brotha Troy elaborated on, that's the key. Just think if we were to have our own platform whether to play race detectives or to save black books, all we need to do is to devote a time to get into the zone, shut the world out, and put together our agenda for tomorrow. Can we make a difference. Should we?

• Like 1

Gibran

Ofcourse.....
We all like Soul Food.  I have my favorite restaurants in Michigan.  I'm sure Troy knows some spots in NY and Florida.  And you have your spots in North Cakalacky

I still remember going to the CHICKEN BOX for lunch almost every day.  Looking forward to my chicken livers and corn bread...lol.

We can all exchange information and learn from eachother!

However the first step to our advancement as Black men is to get SATAN out of the way.

If we remove SATAN from our circle so that he can no longer introduce lies and create mischief among us....THAT right there will advance us at warp speed and progress our community and heal all wounds.

One of the reasons the Caucasians were kicked out of Middle East and driven into mountains and caves of Europe was because they were starting trouble and creating mischief among the original people.  They did this primarily by staying in our homes and eating our food, but the next day they would go around spreading rumors and lies ABOUT other Black people TO other Black people.

Frustrated black women dating, marrying white men more often | National  News | tucson.com

"Hey....thanks for the meal guys.  I really enjoy my time with you two.
Deandre is SO wrong about you Sandra! 

((Sandra: What do you mean, WRONG about me?  Wrong how?  What  Deandre say about me???))

Well....uhh....maybe I shouldn't say this but....uhh.
Well.  She said you couldn't cook and that your son was retarded.
But don't tell her I told you that, I don't want to cause trouble!!!"

They played on the emotions of Black people and caused them to fall out with and fight among eachother.

So they had to be rounded up, stripped naked,  and driven out of the Garden.....like Adam and Eve...and into the desert and mountains.

Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden(Genesis 2:4 - 3:24) - Bible Blender

"You don't have to go home but you 
have to get the HELL out of here!!!!"

We drove them OUT for causing strife and division among us...where there was peace and harmony before they came!

And as long as we keep them out of our affairs and deal with eachother one on one on the basis of truth, we WILL build and advance.

But I warn you, if you start letting them BACK into the circle and especially near our women...."trouble" will magically start popping up out of seemingly nowhere and you won't even figure out where all of it came from.

You asked about where Cynique was a few weeks ago.  About a couple years ago she was on this board with another sister who comments on this board from time to time.  We were all dialoging for years.

All it took was for ONE Caucasian man to come to the board and drop a few comments and converse with them and the next thing you now the one sister said she no longer felt comfortable  posting in this environment and pretty much avoids it, and Cynique left the site all together.

They are experts at causing division and strife among the original people.

If you aren't sharp and don't understand human psychology you won't be able to figure out where these problems come from.

4 hours ago, Gibran said:

Brother, I cannot even begin to express how how  I now cling to the concept you just mentioned. I know I have been bamboozled as Malcolm would say and i have just began, like this week, to assume everything is false that I have learned and upon reviewing them in a more scientific and objective fashion, I have been able to re-adjust my focus. What I have discovered is that many times, I was not informed, but influenced. 

I feel that the development of my mind and my feelings have equal importance. So I can feel your elation. The entire game is to influence you so that you are preoccupied. I have ben studying Astrology Tarot and other occult topics for about 20 years. And while what you find is based on your level of understanding it will expand your frame of reference. t is a mind blowing experience to have a bunch of cards or piece of paper capture your essence and your struggles. So I post question that are chewey intellectually or relate to the occult. I am more interesting in asking a question that makes you think or reflect. 

About 12 years ago I had an experience that showed me that my ability to havean open mind was contingent on me being able to see my own biases, assumptions and beliefs. 

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

You asked about where Cynique was a few weeks ago.  About a couple years ago she was on this board with another sister who comments on this board from time to time.  We were all dialoging for years.

All it took was for ONE Caucasian man to come to the board and drop a few comments and converse with them and the next thing you now the one sister said she no longer felt comfortable  posting in this environment and pretty much avoids it, and Cynique left the site all together.

They are experts at causing division and strife among the original people.

WOW....I am shocked. No BS. I am surprised and shocked. Not Cynique. I knew something was up when I never saw her on any of the threads. Trust me, I said a few things to draw her out but when she never straightened me out, I became fearful. It's like when i come home from prison, I would be hesitant to ask about certain people since they might may passed on. Anyway, Cynique used to check me a lot when I first came on the site many years ago. She made me be hyper-vigilant about what I said. Given that, the last book I wrote was deliberately written in a super-controlled way because of its nature. What I did was to write the book with her in mind. She was like my invisible critic and when I finished with my writing for that day, I would review it, asking myself what Cynique would think. I wrote practically every word of that book under the guidance of what I thought about what she would think about what I was writing. It's like we said in the joint about us being a mirror to each other. Or like two knives sharpening each other. Yes, no doubt, she sharpened me. Man, we can help each other in ways not even thought of and that is as clear an example as any.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Delano said:

I feel that the development of my mind and my feelings have equal importance. So I can feel your elation. The entire game is to influence you so that you are preoccupied. I have ben studying Astrology Tarot and other occult topics for about 20 years. And while what you find is based on your level of understanding it will expand your frame of reference. t is a mind blowing experience to have a bunch of cards or piece of paper capture your essence and your struggles. So I post question that are chewey intellectually or relate to the occult. I am more interesting in asking a question that makes you think or reflect. 

About 12 years ago I had an experience that showed me that my ability to havean open mind was contingent on me being able to see my own biases, assumptions and beliefs. 

@DelanoOkay, my brother. I have dabbled in the occult from time to time at various points in my existence. I mean really dabbled. I recall my first deck of Tarot Cards. I wanted to throw them away but couldn't resist the notion to try my hand at readings.  I was locked up  at the time and I would have people flocking to me for a reading. I was a chain-gang mystic. Was introduced to yoga and meditation in 76 and my interest in arcane knowledge grew but knowing me, I went deeper and darker.

30 minutes ago, Gibran said:

I was locked up  at the time and I would have people flocking to me for a reading. I was a chain-gang mystic. Was introduced to yoga and meditation in 76 and my interest in arcane knowledge grew but knowing me, I went deeper and darker.

If you have light it will attract the dark. I had a dream last year I was a superhero. I had the following thought, "I risk my life saving people for no money. I should rob one bank as compensation." I thought no, this is how it starts. You rationalise one step towards the darkness and the rest are easier.

One of the most informative psychics told me , "you learn to use power by using power." You just have to look around at leaders and gurus, to see that it is intoxicating and corrupting.

Gibran

, Cynique used to check me a lot when I first came on the site many years ago. She made me be hyper-vigilant about what I said. Given that, the last book I wrote was deliberately written in a super-controlled way because of its nature. What I did was to write the book with her in mind. She was like my invisible critic and when I finished with my writing for that day, I would review it, asking myself what Cynique would think. I wrote practically every word of that book under the guidance of what I thought about what she would think about what I was writing. It's like we said in the joint about us being a mirror to each other. Or like two knives sharpening each other. Yes, no doubt, she sharpened me. Man, we can help each other in ways not even thought of and that is as clear an example as any.

Here extreme cynicism is undoubtedly why she's called "Cynique"......lol.

She was a bit TOO critical to the point of being obnoxious sometimes; but she was so articulate (on your level actually) it took a while for you to feel the stings.  But they'd build up with people.

Like you, I say a few things from time to time to draw her out of her hole but I've gotten no response.

Del

I was trying to avoid name dropping in my story....lol.  

But based on my observations, people's lack of being willing to dialog has LESS to do with fear of disagreement and MORE to do with their level of respect for WHO they're dialoging with.
A Harvard grad would rather have an ARGUMENT with a Princeton grad.....than an AMIABLE CONVERSATION with  a homeless highschool drop out who agrees with everything they say.  Because he feels the Princeton grad is more on his "level" while the homeless man isn't even worth talking to, lol.

As long as it's ONLY Black people talking to each other things go relatively smoothly with minor disagreements that are quickly resolved.
Add a White man to the mix, then all of a sudden people are competing with eachother for their attention. 
 Where once, dialog and exchange with your brother or sister was good enough....now they are no longer worth your time unless a White person is actually participating in the conversation or atleast listening -so you can show him how smart you are.

I've seen this too many times online and in real life for it to be a coincidence.

Black Couples Relationship and Marriage Counseling - Onipa Consulting

"Well, I think Jared made a good point.
What wrong with men wearing dresses?
Black men are just so sensitive."

Del

Why they said the same thing.

I can't say that you or anyone else is lying about their intentions or behavior because I don't know what's in your head.  
However I HAVE learned that often times there is a difference between what people SAY and what they REALLY FEEL.

A person may SAY they are no longer interested in back-n-forth conversation because it is pointless.....

But what they REALLY FEEL is that the person they are dialoging with is bringing such strong counter-points so rather than risk being persuaded, it's best to duck out of the conversation all together.

In other words, if THEY were always winning the arguments then their attitude would be:
 "Well let's have dialog together!!!"

...but since they don't.  Let's end all conversation and go on home, is the attitude.

A person may SAY that are no longer interested in casual dialog because they are too busy....
But they are on social media talking trash day and night.

How they may REALLY FEEL is that the person they are dialoging with isn't on their level socially and not worth even giving them the respect of even talking to them.

Going back to the race issue......

I've seen homeless bummy looking Caucasian men go up to AfroAmericans and have long conversations with them and even share laughs with them.  And I'm wondering would these same AfroAmericans treat a dirty homeless brother or sister with the SAME respect.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

I can't say that you or anyone else is lying about their intentions or behavior because I don't know what's in your head.  
However I HAVE learned that often times there is a difference between what people SAY and what they REALLY FEEL.

In your mind what would be their motivation.

Geez @Pioneer1 so you have a theory about white folks and then you believe everyone acts accordingly?  Stawp- just no.  

:rolleyes:  There was a troll on this board at the time and @Troy finally got him to flee! Even you said he ran away.  I’m not into supremacy bullshyt no matter what ethnic group spews it.  While you sometimes border on supremacy talk - you actually, at times, dig deeper - and go down the rabbit hole - and strike gold (even if I don’t agree with your find)

That poster - was just your garden-variety troll and I can block/mute them on twitter but you can’t here.  Unfortunately, no one shut “him/her” down -so I had to go.   Now I’m just busy trying to bring my websites up to “google standards” . I’m a adsense publisher but I haven’t been posting “unique and quality” content.  I check in here at least once a week - especially on #readingblack.com because I’m supposed to moderate there.  So, anyway - stop telling stories about me that’s not true.  You might get @Troy sued if 45* gets his way. 

Note: This post might look different once I return to clean it up. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 1:52 AM, Delano said:

Lately I have been reading about time.

Time is only relative to space.  

When I “died” and returned with THE ALL , there was only “now” i.e presence.   

As soon as my “thoughts” diverged from THE ALL - I found myself back in this dimension and bound by the laws governing this space.  

There’s probably no “time” here either but since we individuate - it is hard to remain PRESENT because our thoughts are everywhere at once - Also, because of our thoughts we use “time” here to at least have a semblance of “presence.”  In fact, we’ve been present in Rome for quite some “time.”   I used to believe nothing travels faster than the speed of thought but that’s incorrect.  

It is “Thought” that creates time. Without “thought” we are AT ONE

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

There’s probably no “time” here either but since we individuate

I am noticing that time has a quality, or rather different starting times seems to create different outcomes. I haven't tested this extensively yet, however I feel that time is a thing of substance and if you are out of time things don't work well. It's like you wake up and it is Thursday but feels like a a Friday.

• Like 1

Del

In your mind what would be their motivation.

They love and respect Caucasians and their opinions more than their own people.

However most people are ashamed to admit this and in most cases they don't even KNOW they feel this way until it is pointed out to them.  
So they deny it.

This society teaches people NOT to express how they really feel but to conceal their true intentions and feelings in the name of being "moral" or "polite".

Mel.

Lol...what did I say that was NOT true?

3 hours ago, Delano said:

@Pioneer1 how would you describe how Cynique thought about you and your ideas?

Is this a serious question????

Like I said I'm not a mind reader but I'd say she didn't like me and she hated most of my ideas.....lol.

Why are you asking, man you KNOW that girl didn't care too much for me....lol.

• 5 months later...

The best analogy is music. let's say we divide the audible spectrum into one hundred sections. And only one instrument corresponds to each section. When you see that frequency it is a category of one instrument.
So when I see a transit, a zodiacal degree or a moment in time. I know it's category.
So I have a categorical system to qualify a quantity of time.