Blacks in the Bible ... Part Two

6) In the Bible, Hagar is described as Sarah’s Egyptian maidservant; and later, Abraham’s concubine and the mother of Ishmael. Again, some Black people are taking much liberal license by claiming everyone in Egypt was Black. Remember, the Bible identifies Egypt and Ethiopia separately.

7) Asenath, is supposed to be the daughter of an Egyptian priest. Again, no description of this woman is given in the Bible. So, one cannot call her Black.

Tirhaka, also known as Taharga, was indeed Black and he did have an army of chariots who came to the aid of Israelite King Hezekiah. The Jewish king had launched a revolt against Assyrian King Sennacherib. But Tirhaka is also identified as Pharaoh Taharqa, so he was linked to Egypt. 

By the way, the revolt failed. Sennacherib's forces kicked the living crap out of Hezekiah's and Tirhaka's armies, according to the Bible. An Assyrian inscription, though not mentioning Tirhakah, indicates that Sennacherib defeated the forces that came from Egypt and captured “the charioteers of the king of Ethiopia.”

The next Assyrian king, Esar-haddon, boasted about his conquest of Egypt, saying: “Its king, Tirhakah, I wounded five times with arrow shots and ruled over his entire country.” During the reign of Esar-haddon’s son and successor Ashurbanipal, Tirhakah revolted against submission to Assyria. But, according to Ashurbanipal, “the terror of the (sacred) weapon of Ashur, my lord, overcame Tirhakah where he had taken refuge and he was never heard of again.”—Ancient Near Eastern Texts, edited by J. Pritchard, 1974, pp. 287, 288, 290, 295.

9) Zerah, the Cushite. Zerah is called by the Bible to be an Ethiopian, or Cushite, who led a huge army of a million men and 300 chariots into Judah during Asa’s reign, in 967 B.C.E. However, Zerah was defeated, and his fleeing forces were pursued and slaughtered “as far as Gerar.” (2nd Chronicles 14:1, 9-15)

10) Eded-melech was an Ethiopian eunuch in the house of King Zedekiah. Though Ethiopian, Ebed-melech worshiped the God of the Israelites. When the princes of Judah falsely charged the Prophet Jeremiah with sedition, Zedekiah threw him into a cistern to die without food.

Ebed-melech appealed to Zedekiah to save Jeremiah and later with 30 men, he pulled God’s prophet from the cistern and saved his life. God told Ebed-melech he would not die in the coming siege of Jerusalem by Babylonian forces, but would escape.

11) ) Symeon is another Black man in the Bible. He was from Niger, which is a Black area of Africa. (Acts 13:1). Symeon was an early believer in Jesus, the Christ. There is no indication that Symeon carried the wood that Jesus was impaled upon.

Symeon is also one of the prophets and teachers of the congregation in Antioch, Syria, who laid their hands on Barnabas and Paul after the Holy Spirit had designated these two for missionary work. Symeon’s Latin surname was Niger.

Have you heard of other folks who are Black and who are Bible figures? We all would like to learn about them.

11) ) Symeon is another Black man in the Bible. He was from Niger, which is a Black area of Africa. (Acts 13:1). Symeon was an early believer in Jesus, the Christ. There is no indication that Symeon carried the wood that Jesus was impaled upon.

Symeon is also one of the prophets and teachers of the congregation in Antioch, Syria, who laid their hands on Barnabas and Paul after the Holy Spirit had designated these two for missionary work. Symeon’s Latin surname was Niger.

((shakes head))

Even the Bible itself is calling Black folks "niger", but so many of our people are lost and confused they refuse to leave that graveyard called The Bible.

They just keep coming up with different ways to worship and believe in it.

Some people are so deluded, they believe they are right about everything.

Just because a person is interested in history does not mean they worship or even admire the characters mentioned therein.

And so it is with anyone who studies the classics, ancient writings, beliefs, customs or a people's history.

Just because you've studied and know a subject fairly well does not mean you believe it.

When you read a lot, you learn about a great many things. You discover the world is full of possibilities. 

You can always tell when you run into a person who hasn't read a lot: They are usually negative and always have something nasty to say. 

Stefan

You can always tell when you run into a person who hasn't read a lot: They are usually negative and always have something nasty to say. 

Lol....ever considered they may be negative and nasty towards you because you "ran into" them?

Pedestrian Hit Stock Vector Illustration And Royalty Free Pedestrian Hit  Clipart
"Whooah there, pops!"

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 2:48 AM, Stefan said:

Tirhaka, also known as Taharga, was indeed Black and he did have an army of chariots who came to the aid of Israelite King Hezekiah. The Jewish king had launched a revolt against Assyrian King Sennacherib. But Tirhaka is also identified as Pharaoh Taharqa, so he was linked to Egypt. 

I would agree. 

Yes. interesting.

He was from Cyrene? I think I remember.

Have you heard of other folks who are Black and who are Bible figures? We all would like to learn about them.

Ah! The color Black! Well, as you wrote earlier about the viewpoint of God, the Creator. I don't think the Bible focuses on COLOR as being primary, but rather humanity as a whole. So, I think that because COLOR is not a primary description of people, there are other terms that need to go along with people's description in the Bible based on their actual skin color. I do believe that there are BLACK people in the Bible, but I think other terms like Ham, AbraHAM, Ethiopian, Cyrene, Cush, etc. should be used in conjunction with color as a description for people described in ancient scripture . So to respond to the question about other 'folks who are Black and who are Bible figures'; yes; how about Seth, just to name another.