Minister. Farrakhan Says,White. Billionaires. Pay. Black. Preachers,a politicians..

Minister. Louis. Farrakhan. Said. White.  Billionaires. Pay. Black. -Preachers. And. Politicians. To. Control. Them. Preachers. Worship -Money. Not. A. God.  This. Country. Religion. Is. Money.  Minister -Louis. Farrakhan. Not. Talking. About. Black. Preachers. In. Prison -For. Murdering. Their. Wives ,Raping. Children. Getting. Teenage. -Girls. Pregnant ,Caught. With. Prostitutes.  Minster. Farrakhan. seems to. Support. Preachers. Stealing. Millions. Of. Dollars. To. buys rich. Cars. And. Mansions. Not. Caring. About. The. Poverty. In-Poor  Black. Communities.  These. Men. Of. Faith. Preachers. Will -Not. Confront. Black. Street. Gangs. Who. Genocide. Black. People -Black. Communities. .  The. Black. Church. ,NAACP ,Politicians. will I not. Put. Up. Video. Cameras. To. Video. The. Gangs Murders,Thugs-Crack Sellers,Pimps  Prostituting. Teenage. Girls. In. The. Streets.-Preachers. Are. Self. Appointed. Snakes ,Jackals ,They. Enslave -Black. People. Black. Communities...

We've known for years (some of us for decades) that most of these Black preachers and politicians were the "gate keepers" for the system of White Supremacy.

Since there aren't enough Caucasians to go around and be in every place at every time to keep an eye on the negroes and monitor them and see what they're up to...they HAVE to train and  use some of their own people to help keep them in line.

As I've gotten older and observed society and learned more about human nature I began to understand their position and WHY people "sell out" a little better.
Many of these preachers and politicians are SMART.  They were intellectual and probably did a little better for themselves than the rest of the community growing up and reasoned that since Caucasians have more to offer in this world than their own people then it was "smarter" to side with the Caucasians over their own....but do it in a sneaky way.

Like our brother Neely Fuller Jr. says, everyone has their own way of dealing with White Supremacy.
Some try to fight it, others try to work with it and get along with it as best they can, others get tired of living under it and commit suicide, others take drugs and alcohol to try to escape it, others use religion to try to escape it.
Everyone under it has their own way of dealing with it.

On 12/22/2020 at 6:56 AM, Pioneer1 said:

...since Caucasians have more to offer in this world than their own people then it was "smarter" to side with the Caucasians over their own.

This much is clear.  No Black man becomes fantastically wealthy because of Black dollars.  There is no contemporary Madame CJ Walker. Perhaps the last people to become wealthy from Black dollars was the Johnson family out of Chicago.

Those who really want to be uber-wealthy today know they need white money.  On my end, I can easily tell who is truly supportive of the Black community by the advertisers who spend money with AALBC to reach Black readers. 

The so called "big" Black books over look platforms like AALBC (the few that exist) and spend big with white-owned media to reach the larger more lucrative white audience.

Black platforms cover these books because they usually follow the lead of white platforms. You'll never see AALBC promote any of these books or imprints that marginalize Black platforms, unless a book has won a major award, become a AALBC bestseller, I know the author, or is read by one of the book clubs we follow I'm not going out my way to promote these "big" books.

If Black platforms worked together to determine the best and most significant Black books, and Black readers used these platforms to learn which books these were, maybe we could make some serious progress in strengthening the Black book ecosystem.

But as long as Black writers are more concerned with making the NYT Bestsellers list than the Black community,  Black bookstores will continue as fringe operations.

• Thanks 1

Troy

As I've gotten older I've become wiser and gained more understanding about society and human nature.
This has caused me to look at things from OTHER PEOPLE'S perspectives sometimes........

If you're a smart young Black woman with a bright future and a lot of potential but you're born and raised in the ghetto where you grow up seeing all types of violence and foolishness and criminality going on around you.  You survive all of that just to go to a major university and get a degree and now you have an opportunity to get a good job with "the white folks" and escape the madness you grew up around and live in a nice big house in a nice green peaceful neighborhood with neighbors who smile fake smiles at you and wave as you walk by.

15 Hottest Towns in Philadelphia's Western Suburbs

Why would you RUIN your chances to enjoy all of that just to hang out in the ghetto fighting and scraping with the ghetto-girls over men?

Most people may not ADMIT it but they'll they're going to go with what they think are their BEST options.
In many cases that includes "selling out".

Most of my peers did exactly what you described. I never would choose to live in the vanilla suburbs or white landis as it is called.

The brownstone I owned was just a few blocks from the projects I was raised in. I only sold it cause my old lady left me and I wanted to focus on AALBC full time, and I was tired of NYC living.

Whitelandia is the only real option, without building from scratch. If someone knows something different let me know. Obviously I open to options I'm currently in Tulsa.

I did excellent in school right up to the 6th grade when I started really hitting puberty and my focused changed less on grades and more on girls...lol.

But quite a few Black students got excellent grades and were smart and had great conduct in class.  They were quiet and studious and most of them went on to college and have successful careers.  I also knew smart Black boys who kept getting in trouble and got poor grades.   They started off getting good grades like I did but when puberty hit and their voices started changing not only did their priorities change but how people TREATED them in society (including school) changed also.   

This why I'm still in amazement when I find straight masculine Black men like yourself, Delano, and many others that I know who were so successful in college and corporate America.  They TARGET straight and masculine Black men in corporate America and unless you're some sort of genius....how do you avoid being targeted and blocked from success in THEIR world?  
I suspect this is one of the reasons many different Black fraternities and sororities were established early on, so they can help eachother get good jobs and protect eachother in this racist system.

On a lighter note..........

You mention living in a brownstone.

I just don't get ONLY living in NYC, lol.
That place is so congested...even the outer boroughs.

As I got older I realized many business people want to live in or near Manhattan where they could get to Wall Street and various firms and financial centers but making NYC you're ONLY home???

Had wealthy friend who took me to meet a friend of HIS who lived in the Upperwestside of Manhattan.
Nicca had a car but insisted that we WALK so he could show me the "sites" like where John Lennon got hit and things of that nature.
Man, pigeons and puke all over the sidewalk.....lol....and that was supposed to be a "rich" neighborhood!  ((shakes head))

We meet his friend in his apartment which was not much bigger than any average 2 bed room apartment and he's bragging about paying $35,000 a month and how he's right around the corner from the best Chinese food restaurants in the city....while complaining about the "rat problem" in the area.  ((shakes head vigorously))

Now if I were a billionaire or multimillionaire like his friend  (my friend was just a "hundreds-of-thousands"aire....lol) I would live way out in Long Island or maybe even another state in a nice big home in a beautiful neighborhood and COMMUTE to Wallstreet or the law firm that I own....but I'm not gonna pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to live down the street from it in a rat infested building with security and a door man!

I hear you.  But, my brownstone, in Harlem, was the biggest place I ever lived in, it was 5 levels so space was not an issue.  I used to host readings, outdoor movie screening, and hosted an art exhibited for over a year.  The building next to me was abandoned. @Delano gave astrological reading there once.  I do missing having the space to do those sort of things.

The places I've lived since are much more smaller buy more relaxing with views of water and in the case of Florida water and trees.  In Harlem all I saw was other buildings.   In florida there is diverse wildlife (from my patio I've seen alligators, hawks, cranes, fish, turtles, deer, etc.  In Harlem there were mostly mice, rats, and pigeons

Troy

That's what I'm saying....rats all over the place.

I had another friend in Brooklyn and had my FIRST experience with some real good street-grilled Jamaican jerk chicken ruined by a HERD of rats....lol.

I'm standing on the street with the plate of jerk chicken and rice/peas in my hand talking Black consciousness with the other brothers on Marcus Garvey Blvd. and I hear a scuffle behind me....turn around and saw a HERD of maybe 500 rats run pass us....up a wall....and through a big hole in a building.
I stared at the plate....that was the end of that meal.

Now I saw rats growing up....one here...a couple there.....but not a HERD of them traveling together by the hundreds, lol.  ((shivers)).

But my wealthy (wealthy in Midwestern terms) boy.........
He's showing me around this supposedly wealthy neighborhood with dog shit "neatly" piled up against buildings and pigeons crowding the sidewalks talking about "John Lennon" did this and "Al Pacino" did that....like I'm supposed to ignore the filth on the street to focus on famous landmarks, lol.

image.jpeg.4fca9fc1596e607c2e3ad729f9ef40dc.jpeg

"Hey man look over there , look!
That's where Big Al Pacino made his first movie!
Look nicca..right overthere!!!"

Lol.......pigeons and dog shit all over the sidewalk and he's talking about "look overthere".

Now.......
If I were a Billionaire or Multimillionaire maybe I'd buy a huge condo or maybe buy a well maintained row-house (you're calling it a Brownstone but some of my friends told me that the only difference between a Brownstone and a row house is how well it's maintained) with multiple floors along with some other millionaires and SHARE that unit so we'd have a place to stay (like  a permanent hotel room) while we were each in the city for business!

But my MAIN place of residence where I would lay my head down at night to go to sleep and relax would definitely be in a quiet suburban (or maybe even rural) type setting.  Especially if I had a lot of children to raise.
What good is all of that money if you can't enjoy it and live like you WANT to live?

Technically there is no difference between a row house, townhouse, and a brownstone. My Brownstone was less than specular but I've in some that were truly magnificent. Your garden variety townhouse or or Philly rowhouse  would pale in comparison to a Brownstone in terms of size.

My Florida house is a townhouse (end unit 😉) it is 1/2 the size of my Brownstone, but I prefer the Florida house.  My living situation is simply not possible in New York City -- at any price.  The Florida house cost less than what some people spend on a car.

For some people the proximity to power, money, and all the things you get a bit city is worth the price. I don't need that sort of thing.  I much more enjoy proximity to nature, a clean safe environment, lower population density, and quiet. 

Yeah....lol....that's what we call them in the Midwest   Townhouses.

For a long time they weren't building any more of them.
You had to go deep into the city to find blocks of townhouses like you found in Philly and Baltimore.
And even then you wouldn't find entire NEIGHBORHOODS of them....just a few blocks scattered here and there.

Sometime around the early 90s they started building more and more townhouses IN THE SUBURBS of all places and then they started building more of them in the city on top of demolished land areas.  And started calling them condos and charging hundreds of thousands of dollars to live in them.