What is next for the U.S.?

2 hours ago, Troy said:

You, in your "wide reading" have chosen to put more focus into the Proud Boys than I have.  The presumption that I don't read widely based upon that fact is flawed logic.  Wouldn't you agree?

No you are mistaken because I don't regularly follow the news or any media. 

Mt guess is you have a news channel on in the morning as background while you are getting ready for the day. Or you multi-task while listening to the news. I don't think you sit down and read the news 

You may have said as much in the past. 

I am more passive in my intake of information. I read if something come to mind. Or it is a topic of conversation. 

13 hours ago, Delano said:

Mt guess is you have a news channel on in the morning as background while you are getting ready for the day. Or you multi-task while listening to the news. I don't think you sit down and read the news 

Yes I do listen to the news while working (as I'm doing at this very instant).  However I do red a great deal of news online and in print.

SO tell me old buddy -- how did you come to know so much about the Proud Boys, osmosis?

@daniellegfny I don't listen to any of those sources very much any more.  WLIB was gutted and WABC is s shell of what it once was.  I used to listen to Open Line on Sunday morning too, but the strongest host Mtume left and the Cut Man stopped coming around.  City college has some good programming too.  Al Sharpton has a show but it is a weak program.  Today I rarely listen to NYC radio.  I've basically settled into NPR and the programming.  Whether you are in Tulsa, NYC, or Tampa the programming virtually indistinguishable and that is a problem too -- local reporting across the country is terrible. 

1 hour ago, Troy said:

Whether you are in Tulsa, NYC, or Tampa the programming virtually indistinguishable and that is a problem too -- local reporting across the country is terrible. 

Yes, I stopped most of my NPR listening because it all became antiTrump on everything. So I lost respect for it. I also don’t like UnAmerican Propaganda. As a former Communist, I recognize it when I see it. It’s boils down to whether or not a person can be schizophrenic on the Private and Personal Property issue. This is why I feel most leftist are crazy or criminals.

When I lived in New York I read a lot of books. I also read magazine but not any one on a regular basis. Vive magazine was interesting and quirky. I think I came across it in the late 90's. There is a similar group a few blocks from where I live in Sydney. Since I have time, once I come across something new I read up on it. The former head was the founder of Vice Magazine. Which was a really cool magazine. He is Canadian so I am kinda curious about both his and the current leader's trajectory.

I have always had way more disposable time than you, at least since I have known you.

I'm not sure what point you are making @Delano.  OK so we all have to eat, sleep, and use the toilet, so maybe we don't all have all 24 hours at our disposal, but that is a technical detail and ignores my main point and fails to answer the question I posed.

Use your words Del.

If you have a career or a business you have less discretionary time at your disposal, then myself. Since  I just worked from 1989 - 2006.  I have been unemployed for about a decade. For a three month period I worked on Astrology an average of 3 - 5 hours a day. However you think we all have the same amount of disposable time. Let me know how often you have 20 - 35 hours a week. If so we can schedule a Zoom every week to discuss some topics in real time. I wonder how long it will take you to respond to this post?

@Troy let me know if you can't make the open ended Zoom invitation due to either lack of disposable time or interest. I will make it easy for you since there is 16 hour time difference.

Any day 5pm 2am your time in the next seven days. or 1am to 2pm. I can make any of those times. Since you have as much disposable time as I do Lets do 1 am EST which is 5 pm Sydney time.

Danger

Uneducated

Man who is

Black

6 hours ago, Delano said:

@Troy let me know if you can't make the open ended Zoom invitation due to either lack of disposable time or interest. I will make it easy for you since there is 16 hour time difference.

Any day 5pm 2am your time in the next seven days. or 1am to 2pm. I can make any of those times. Since you have as much disposable time as I do Lets do 1 am EST which is 5 pm Sydney time.

Danger

Uneducated

Man who is

Black

Since you want to make it easy for Troy, let me make it easy for YOU: Troy is in Oklahoma right now so he's no longer operating on EST but probably Central or Mountain time.....lol

But I'M on est.

Old black man with a laptop Stock Photos - Page 1 : Masterfile

Go ahead and send me the link...lol.

7 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Troy said he was too busy so he's sending ME to take his place in the meeting, give me the time and link.....lol.

LOL!

Actually @Delano if you set up a zoom conference that any of us could participate in AND  if @Pioneer1 is not just talking shit (I know a big assumption) would commit to attending I'll be there!. I think it would be fun and interesting.

Again, I chose to use some of my disposable time to sleep and usually 1 a.m. CST falls within the time frame I've decided to allocate to the activity -- so pick and earlier time.

• Thanks 1

On 1/11/2021 at 8:02 AM, daniellegfny said:

Cute intentional typo. My thought is focusing on organizing in my community to a degree I hadn’t in a long time. I took too many things for granted and see more than just financial support is required. I also deactivated and deleted Twitter. I am working on ways to disengage on Facebook.

I also am reassessing the wisdom of associating with Black beyond a marketing interest. I have been looking at the work of Franz Fannon and am currently listening to Red Summer. 

On Facebook I am still looking for 10 things that President Obama did to help Black People. So far I have only gotten 3 and a half.

Wow... it sure feels good to hear someone make mention of Franz Fanon. The Wretched of The Earth was required reading back in the days when I really believe there was going to be  a revolution. I sincerely commend your intent to involve yourself in community activism. I, too, have made the same commitment. Peace and Progress!

• Thanks 1