CAN SCIENCE & THEOLOGY FIND DEEP REALITY?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2021 at 12:00 AM, Delano said:

This interview, with Bernard Carr, Mathematician and Astronomer of the University of London, I found to be very interesting. In fact, I listened to it over and over again due to some of the concepts that he addressed, I found to be hard to grasp initially.

The question he responded to is 'Can Science and Religion be harmonized'? 

Carr says that he does not address the question of whether or not God exist, he rather addresses the issue of people having some sort of religious experience and/or mystical experience and, he believes that yes, this does happen and these types of spiritual and religious experiences that many people have gives us a glimpse of some form of reality.

Well I for one, absolutely believe that religion is nothing if it can not be supported by some form of science. I absolutely believe that the Bible should be supported by some form of scientific data. And I also believe that perhaps some people do not believe in a spiritual experience with God because they may not have not had one. 

Like Carr said, the word 'religion' is a vague term, and I personally do not understand the whole meaning of that word. I just know that I have had a spiritual relationship with God and as the Bible says, it was confirmed. If you have a spiritual or religious experience, it will be confirmed in a physical sense. There is a reality to it. There is a purpose. And, one prophet especially intrigues me, the prophet Daniel, and I hope to write about and give a deep insight to his ancient writings one day:

. . . bring certain of the children of Israel, of the king's seed, and of the princes;

Children in whom was no blemish, but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom,

and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science, . . . that they might

teach the learning and the tongue of the Chaldeans. DANIEL 1: 1-4.

Yes, this would be one reason why I apply my science background to the ancient scriptures. I believe that science is a crucial aspect of understanding the past. 

My husband sometimes thinks that I am well, 'special' LOL because I my testimony however, he says that he believes because of it. I wrote about an experience I had that actually involved him at a time that he thought I was well, 'special' LOL and so, perhaps I will find it and share it more completely to further explain what I mean by how the Holy Spirit will confirm his presence. But this is briefly what I shared:

Some years back, I had a vision that came to me 'as a flash of light', however a full statement was relayed to me. It was a voice, a man's voice. I immediately turned to my husband who had just came from work and he was sitting on the edge of the bed. I told him that was just told that he would be 'fired' [terminated] from his job! I was told the exact day; --At this time--a week from that day, Friday. I was told to go immediately to Mr. Bob. The voice said to me "Go to Mr. Bob, he's one of mine'. At this time, my husband had no job issues. My husband looked at me with disbelief and immediately laid back, and fell fast asleep; snoring. He'd just come home from working a night shift; 3rd shift. So, I decided to do just what I was told. I got up from the table, got in my car and drove about 20 minutes to a campground to speak to Mr. Bob, the park ranger in a park in Virginia. Two years prior, we met him and stayed at this campground for a few weeks. I walked into the main office and there he stood. After only a few minutes, I asked him if we could come back and stay at the campground if we needed to do so and he said absolutely. Then I left the campground and went to the social service department and filled out a form to see if I could get approved for welfare assistance. Then I went back home and was gone about two hours and my husband was still asleep. Long story short; My husband walked in that next week Friday and looked shocked. He said he was let go! LOL! DANG! He worked at that job for 4 years! He was a Chemist. He had never had any write ups until that week. The supervisor said that he was fired because he did not have a phone. About two weeks prior to this, our phone was cut off and so, they called him to come in to do overtime, and he missed the call. They said that he could not have the job without a phone. They said his job was dependent upon him having a phone. Okay! Bull shit! . . . A  few weeks later, they apologized after we filed, but the damage was done. They re-hired him, but by that time, we had been put through the 'ringer' so-to-speak. Anyway, we moved to the campground for a few weeks and then moved into a house that his father repaired. A few years later, Mr. Bob died and I didn't realize it at the time, but I should have told him about my vision. I did not think to tell him. But at any rate, that spiritual experience that I had was confirmed! I have the application that I filled out at social services, etc. LOL. There is more to this story, but that is the gist of it. 

• Like 1

I watched the video last night as well as another one featuring Carr. One interesting point he made was saying that he viewed the physical world the quantum world, spirituality, and the mental world all on the spectrum. 

That is an interesting thought to ponder.

Troy and Delano

Do you two REALLY find those Caucasian men sitting infront of eachother with bewildered looks upon their faces asking mundane questions and giving  ambiguous answers about life and reality, "interesting"?

Seriously....serious question.

And if so what exactly is "interesting" about them and their conversation?

I mean...what makes you think THEY have the answers or are worth listening to?

Well @Pioneer1 neither man claimed to have the answers. One was probing with questions and the other was giving his thoughts.

I mentioned one concept that Carr mentioned that I found interesting. I even watched a second video in which he elaborated a bit more on the idea.

Are you implying because of they're whiteness that they can't have interesting ideas, or are unworthy of listening to?

Did you not find the point I thought interesting, interesting?

Did you even watch the video?