More Viola Davis

That was a good segment. I saw the Ma Rainey film; Davis was excellent. 

I'm looking forward to seeing the Black female Braveheart project she is working on.

Hard to believe she's only 55. I would have thought she was older as long as she's been working.

• Like 1

@Chevdove

You know what, can you do me a favor......

I'm reading some literature that's really deep right now and I remember YOU wrote something some months ago detailing the differences between SYRIA and ASSYRIA and what I've been reading reminded me of you and what you were saying.  But I don't remember EXACTLY what you wrote nor it's context in which you wrote it.  Can you do a separate thread and detail again the difference between Syria and Assyria?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2021 at 12:27 PM, Pioneer1 said:

You know what, can you do me a favor......

I'm reading some literature that's really deep right now and I remember YOU wrote something some months ago detailing the differences between SYRIA and ASSYRIA and what I've been reading reminded me of you and what you were saying.  But I don't remember EXACTLY what you wrote nor it's context in which you wrote it.  Can you do a separate thread and detail again the difference between Syria and Assyria?

Yes, @Pioneer1 Thank you for asking! I would love to and will try to do it as soon as possible.

Right off though, I remember studying about Syria today, and I saw that their flag and symbolism are the very same as the ancient Assyrians, and that surprised me. 

I know that there are many distinct kinds of Syrians today and they are divided based on religion, however, I will go back and look at my resources again.

But right off the top though and from what I remember, the term 'Assyria' was changed to 'Syria' after the time of the Neo-Babylonians about 500s BC. 

But prior to that and during the time of the Assyrian Empire, the word 'Assyria' always meant 'Ash' or 'White'; White Syrians and their origins were North Syria. They were separatist so, the Original Syrians of Asshur-Shem were located in South Syrian [ie Canaan land] and this can be seen on ancient maps. The Syrians were located in lands near to other ancient peoples such as the Urgarits, the Arameans, etc. There is a lot of history in this area. 

But the Assyrians [ie White Syrians] formed late at the time of the Greater Babylonian Empire times, around 2000s BC. Again, they were Separatist based on Colorism. By the time of the Roman Empire times, they became known simply as 'Syrians' but again, they still identified with the flags and symbolisms of the Original Assyrians because by the Roman Empire times, White Supremacy was dominant and the Syrians were defined in that way. They were defined as being 'White Canaanites' just like the Romans and they were somewhat related to the Romans as well. The Syrians were also called 'Syro-Phoenicians' by the Roman Empire times and this term too carries a lot of history as well that go back to the rise of the Assyrian Empire around the 600s BC when the Phoenicians [also, the Etruscans and Romans] reformed.  

• Thanks 1

Chev

the term 'Assyria' was changed to 'Syria' after the time of the Neo-Babylonians about 500s BC.

Now this gets into what I'm reading about......

How much do you know about these "Neo-Babylonians"???

Persians are an ethnic group.
Medes are an ethnic group.

My recent research on "Babylonians" is running into a few obstacles because Babylon (actually Bab'il) was a city occupied by multiple racial/ethnic groups and I'm having a time trying to nail down exactly WHO the Babylonians were around that 500 B.C. era.

Chaldeans maybe, but that sounds more like a tribe or clan within a larger group.

But prior to that and during the time of the Assyrian Empire, the word 'Assyria' always meant 'Ash' or 'White'; White Syrians and their origins were North Syria. They were separatist so, the Original Syrians of Asshur-Shem were located in South Syrian [ie Canaan land] and this can be seen on ancient maps. The Syrians were located in lands near to other ancient peoples such as the Urgarits, the Arameans

When you say the Syrians...are you talking about the Assyrians or Original Syrians?

I ask, because I thought the Original Syrians WERE Arameans.

I'm probably gonna start another thread on this.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/18/2021 at 4:01 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Now this gets into what I'm reading about......

How much do you know about these "Neo-Babylonians"???

Persians are an ethnic group.
Medes are an ethnic group.

My recent research on "Babylonians" is running into a few obstacles because Babylon (actually Bab'il) was a city occupied by multiple racial/ethnic groups and I'm having a time trying to nail down exactly WHO the Babylonians were around that 500 B.C. era.

Chaldeans maybe, but that sounds more like a tribe or clan within a larger group.

Ah!!! @Pioneer1 That's it! 

The Chaldeans!!! 

The Chaldeans of Cush Ham. They are the dudes, the Sumerians that overthrew the Assyrians. And yes, again, they were a small tribe oppressed in the Assyrian Empire, but they are the ones that overthrew the Assyrians and set up the Neo-Babylonian Empire. 

Chal--ROOT WORD

Chalcol

Chalcolithic

Chalcidice

Cal

Kali... Laki, Loki, 

On 2/18/2021 at 4:01 PM, Pioneer1 said:

When you say the Syrians...are you talking about the Assyrians or Original Syrians?

I ask, because I thought the Original Syrians WERE Arameans.

When I refer to 'Syrians' it would have to be in context because that could mean both the Assyrians or the Original Syrians.

Because the Assyrians were Separatist based on Colorism and White Supremacy, the word 'Syria' can be a confusion unless it is regarded within context of the subject at hand.

The Original Syrians come from the very same origin as the Assyrians, however they became two distinct ethnic groups by the time of the height of the Greater Babylonian Empire back in the 2000s BC. 

The Syrians were 'the Brown 'race' of people! 

The Syrians formed their cultures in South Syria.

The Arameans and the Syrians are two totally different kinds of people. 

But all of them, the Assyrians, the Syrians and the Arameans have a major history in the country of Syria. 

The Assyrians formed their civilization to the North of the Syrians that they separated from. 

One 'GENERAL SOURCE' I will refer to and that is the Bible: 

Abraham was told to break off from his father Terah, because Terah bonded with the Assyrians. So Abraham later broke off from his father when he became older for this reason and his grandson, Jacob bonded with the SYRIANS in South Syria for this reason. 

The EBERS [ie. Hebers]  were divided on this Assyrian White Supremacist movement. And Terah was involved in that Moon goddess--White woman fertility cult in Assyrian that Nefertiti later came out of hundreds of years later.

Abraham was told by God to break off from his father for this very reason WHITE SUPREMACY.

In the Book of ACTS, the Jews stoned Stephen for bringing up this very issue. Abraham was born in Ur of the Chaldees and at this time when he was very young, 

the Creator told him to break off from his father. Terah fled Ur due to violence and resettled with the Assyrians in North Syria.

Terah lived in Greater Babylon at the time that the Cush Hamites began to enslaved their own people. 

Abraham [ie. Abram] maternal origins are linked to RAM. But his half-sister Sarah [ie. Sarai] had maternal origins with THE MEDES [ie Madai or the People of AI]. Abraham's maternal origins stems from a Black woman of Ur of the Chaldees.

The Syrian culture was formed at this time. So the term 'Ur' is the key in that out of Greater Babylon, there were so many different kinds of 'Urian cultures' of ethnic peoples that came out of this massive civilization after it was eventually overthrown. They Syrians' name 'SHUR' actually refers to their origins too from Greater Babylon. Then their were the HURIANS in Turkey Anatolia of which many of these people migrated or were forced marched to other places, one of which was Africa... 

The Aramean history is massive! But they are a distinct people apart from the Syrians and the Assyrians. 

• Thanks 1