Troy: There is more than ONE race of humans

Troy

Since you say you believe in science and professional journalism, here is a SCIENTIFIC ARTICLE from a professional journalist about racial disparities in the Covid-19 Pandemic:

Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities Related to COVID-19

One of the most disturbing aspects of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic in the US is the disproportionate harm that it has caused to historically marginalized groups. Black, Hispanic, and Asian people have substantially higher rates of infection, hospitalization, and death compared with White people.1,2 According to an analysis by the Kaiser Family Foundation and the Epic Health Research Network, based on data from the Epic health record system for 7 million Black patients, 5.1 million Hispanic patients, 1.4 million Asian patients, and 34.1 million White patients, as of July 20, 2020, the hospitalization rates and death rates per 10 000, respectively, were 24.6 and 5.6 for Black patients, 30.4 and 5.6 for Hispanic patients, 15.9 and 4.3 for Asian patients, and 7.4 and 2.3 for White patients.2 American Indian persons living in the US also have been disproportionately affected by COVID-19.1

Accounting for Differences in COVID-19 Outcomes

In the US, racial and ethnic minority status is inextricably associated with lower socioeconomic status. Black, Hispanic, and American Indian persons in the US are more likely to live in crowded conditions, in multigenerational households, and have jobs that cannot be performed remotely, such as transit workers, grocery store clerks, nursing aides, construction workers, and household workers. These groups are more likely to travel on public transportation due to lack of having their own vehicle. Even for persons who can shelter at home, many persons with low incomes live with an essential worker and have a higher likelihood of exposure to severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection.3

Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities Related to COVID-19 | Health Disparities | JAMA | JAMA Network

If racial differences didn't exists scientifically, why is this scientific article and the field of medicine RECOGNIZING the inequity between different races?

My dear Brother @Pioneer1 here once again either you simply did not read the article or you failed to comprehend it.

If you had both read and understood the article you would not have used it to prove your point indeed the article completely backs up what I have been saying all along.

Why I invest all this time trying to help you understand this is really beyond me maybe because I know you are sincere but you are really too grounded in the belief racial categories that when you read something that goes against your belief you still see it as supporting your argument?! I understand why @Delanohas given up, because it is very frustrating to debate you because you can't be reasoned with and facts don't mean a damn thing.

This is a direct quote from the article: 

"Second, the study reinforced the idea that race is a social construct rather than a homogeneous genetic or ancestral category. After adjustment for differences in life experiences the differences in mortality were not statistically significant."

This should come as no surprise to anyone that understands that the racial categories are bullshit.

Again no one is arguing that the people who you understand to be black are dying at a higher rates -- the reasons for that are obvious and described in the article.

• Pioneer1 changed the title to Troy: There is more than ONE race of humans

Troy

Why I invest all this time trying to help you understand this is really beyond me

Because it's Winter and you're stuck in cold-ass Tulsa under quarantine in an apartment that you just found out that the fine sister you THOUGHT was gonna be living there too was just a model used to lure men.....so you have nothing better to do.

Or maybe not....LOL

maybe because I know you are sincere but you are really too grounded in the belief racial categories that when you read something that goes against your belief you still see it as supporting your argument?!

Perhaps you should ask yourself that same question as the very TITLE of the article supports my position that their are multiple races and then further supports it in the content itself.

Furthermore this quote you CHOSE to focus on (while ignoring the rest of the article clearly supporting the fact of multiple races) does not discount or disprove the EXISTENCE of multiple races!

Read it CAREFULLY:

"Second, the study reinforced the idea that race is a social construct rather than a homogeneous genetic or ancestral category."

This statement doesn't DISPROVE the idea of multiple races.

It merely DEFINES race...as a social construct...rather than being genetic or ancestral (which I too disagree with but that's not the point) -while still supporting the idea of MULTIPLE RACES.

Your argument is that their is only ONE race.

This SCIENTIFIC article makes the claim that although race is a social construct there are STILL MULTIPLE RACES.

I understand why @Delanohas given up, because it is very frustrating to debate you because you can't be reasoned with and facts don't mean a damn thing.

Delano KNOWS he can't win an argument with me...(or any other LOGICAL thinker)...and has long stopped trying and has sought refuge in an introverted world of philosophical ponderings, 🤨which is a pretty strange hobby for a professional accountant.

You just haven't given up yet....lol.

17 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

This SCIENTIFIC article makes the claim that although race is a social construct there are STILL MULTIPLE RACES.

This is purely a figment of your imagination and not supported by anything said in the article.  We can't have a serious debate if we can even agree the information being communicated with words.

17 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Delano KNOWS he can't win an argument with me

Maybe this is the problem.  It is not about winning -- at east not to me.  I would much rather have my knowledge advanced even if it means that what I previously believed was shown to be false.  

So if your during the course of debate or argument enlighten me to something I did not previously know I would welcome this.  In fact that is what I'd call winning.

Racist white men created racial categories to justify the oppressions of the so called "non-white" people. We know now that despite the phenotypical difference in people that generically we are one race barely indistinguishable from each other.  

Troy

This is purely a figment of your imagination and not supported by anything said in the article.  

The article states:

In the US, racial and ethnic minority status is inextricably associated with lower socioeconomic status. 

Racial status?

In order for a subject to have a STATUS....that means there must be MORE THAN ONE of those subjects in which to compare it to, wouldn't that be correct?

Racial STATUS implies there are more than one race to compare eachother to and establish status among eachother.

Maybe this is the problem.  It is not about winning -- at east not to me.  I would much rather have my knowledge advanced even if it means that what I previously believed was shown to be false.  

So if your during the course of debate or argument enlighten me to something I did not previously know I would welcome this.

Splendid!
Then I will start a thread that will hopefully ADVANCE your knowledge.

Racist white men created racial categories to justify the oppressions of the so called "non-white" people. 

And before them NON-White men also created racial categories.
The Ancient Egyptians divided humans into races also.

Talk:Race of ancient Egyptians/Draft - Wikipedia

We know now that despite the phenotypical difference in people that generically we are one race barely indistinguishable from each other.  

That's like saying despite the differences in sex organs, generically people are only one sex.