Simple Mathematics Proves That I'm Right (or) What Is A Social Construct?

Troy

1. If racial categories are a SOCIAL CONSTRUCT and according to Webster a social construct is that which is CREATED by society.....then by it's very definition racial differences exists because they were a concept created by society.

You can disagree with their definition, but you can't deny their existence.

2. According to Webster races are groups often based on physical differences.  The word "are" also denotes that which exists.

Webster CONFIRMS the existence of different racial groups by clearly stating what they ARE.

@Pioneer1 you need simple answers sometimes the truth is just more complicated. You want to really try to understand by looking at a sentence or two from the dictionary definition of one form of the word.

I read all the definitions and I read the articles it pointed to for more information context. Since I know you don't like to probe very deeply into subjects I'll share one of the links https://www.britannica.com/topic/race-human 

why don't you read that entire article it explains race pretty clearly.

if you don't come away with a different understanding then it is what it is.

Again these are your sources not mine. 

Finally, I see one really profound difference between you and I. I felt about race as you do now, But once I read the current information I easily put away my prior beliefs.

You on the other hand seemingly dig deeper, go through linguistic contortions to "win" a the argument.

It is a religious battle for you, facts, logic reason, science -- none of it matters to you.

• Like 1

Troy

It's not necessary to use the ENTIRE entry containing SEVERAL definitions, all you need to use is the one most fitting to your point.

The word "too" has atleast two definitions:  
-also
-exaggeration

If I say a woman is too big for me then I'm using only the one definition, I need not concern myself with the others.

It is a religious battle for you, facts, logic reason, science -- none of it matters to you.

Did the definitions of both "race" and "social construct" that I posted, matter to you?

• 2 weeks later...

No nothing you posted really mad too much. At the end of the day you believe there are multiple races as defined in our genetics. I don't believe that because the science tells us something different.

I understand your position on the death of mission of race based upon the social construct. However I don't like the term even though you enjoy it. I think it's causes more problems than it solves.

Troy

You're back....I was getting a little concerned for a minute, lol.

I thought maybe your Caucasians work-mates at that work-space may have pulled a "fast one" over on you.

At the end of the day you believe there are multiple races as defined in our genetics. I don't believe that because the science tells us something different.

Any science that tells you race doesn't exists isn't "science"....it's SCIENCE-FICTION.

I've shown you through numerous articles that science SUPPORTS the idea of multiple races...regardless as to how those races are defined.

Haven't you been hearing in the news lately about the RACIAL disparities between "Blacks" and "Latinos" and "Whites" when it comes not only to whose getting Covid 19 but also when it comes to who's getting the shots?

If racial differences didn't exist, why are not only medical professional but even journalists acknowledging these differences?

Come on Troy, give up man.....lol.

However I don't like the term even though you enjoy it. I think it's causes more problems than it solves.

See!
That's the problem right there!

You DON'T LIKE the fact that there are multiple races.
You want everyone to be one big happy family because you think that will improve racial relations and bring more peace to the world

That may be a noble and idealistic goal, but I don't think DENYING racial reality will bring this about.

Peace comes from MUTUAL RESPECT.
When AfroAmericans (or African people globally) get enough power to PROTECT ourselves and prevent others from taking advantage of our race then people will treat us much better.

On 2/12/2021 at 7:10 AM, Pioneer1 said:

You're back....I was getting a little concerned for a minute

So you missed me! 🙂 Yeah I just been pretty busy. Socializing, starting new semester, and obviously the work of AALBC. (Just don't tell @Delano, I don't want him to think that I don't have any "free" time).

On 2/12/2021 at 7:10 AM, Pioneer1 said:

You want everyone to be one big happy family because you think that will improve racial relations and bring more peace to the world

Yes.

Technology has brought us closer together. As this continues we have no choice but to become one global family. Whether it's covid-19 or climate change we have to behave as if we have our all of our best interests at heart --otherwise we will not survive as a species.

The whole notion of "race" just divides us unnecessarily. 

It won't be long before people who think of race in the way that you do will be dead and conversations like this will be unnecessary.

In much the same way that we look at laws that prevented so-called Black people and so-called white people from marrying each other, we will look at statements like yours @Pioneer1 in the same light.

Belief in race leads to anti-miscegenation laws and to the disdain of the so-called mongrel mixing of the races. This is the logic that flows from a belief in genetically defined racial differences in Humans. I'm assuming you agree it is okay for so-called White and so-called Black people to marry each other.... right?

Is Kamala Harris and Barack Obama Black, in your book? I know you've called Barack Obama mixed race, but what race is that? The term mixed race is inherently unclear and therefore relatively meaningless. What race would a child between Barack Obama and Kamala Harris be?

For that matter, in your book, what race am I?