Last. Slave. Ship. To. America .

Black. History. Month . Read. Clotilda  Was. The. Last. Slave. Ship. To,America. With. Kidnapped. Slaves. 1859 ,1860 . It Had. Over ,100-_Kidnapped. Africans..The. Ship. Was. Burned. To. Hide. Evidence ,-Mobile. Bay Alabama.Cudjo Kazoola .Lewis. Was A. Chief. And. The ,-Oldest. On. The. Clotilda  Slave. Ship. He. Died. In 1935. He. And ,Former. Slaves. Created. African town  ,In. Alabama. Practiced ,West   African. Traditions. And. Yoruba Language. Defendants Of ,-Slave. Ship. Clotllda Are. In. Alabama. And. Other. Places. In. The. --Country .......2019. Ship. Remains. Were. Found. Alabama. Historic. --Organization. Says. It Is. The. Slave. Ship. Clotilda ......

Guest Dignity Justified
On 2/6/2021 at 6:44 PM, harry brown said:

Black. History. Month . Read. Clotilda  Was. The. Last. Slave. Ship. To,America. With. Kidnapped. Slaves. 1859 ,1860 . It Had. Over ,100-_Kidnapped. Africans..The. Ship. Was. Burned. To. Hide. Evidence ,-Mobile. Bay Alabama.Cudjo Kazoola .Lewis. Was A. Chief. And. The ,-Oldest. On. The. Clotilda  Slave. Ship. He. Died. In 1935. He. And ,Former. Slaves. Created. African town  ,In. Alabama. Practiced ,West   African. Traditions. And. Yoruba Language. Defendants Of ,-Slave. Ship. Clotllda Are. In. Alabama. And. Other. Places. In. The. --Country .......2019. Ship. Remains. Were. Found. Alabama. Historic. --Organization. Says. It Is. The. Slave. Ship. Clotilda ......

Yes!

Africatown's  annual "Spirit of Our Ancestors Festival" wil be presented via zoom this year-- February 13, 2021, at 1PM (CST)  

Registration:  https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_D9Q_XOuxQk2WoeXz3YGVVg

Interested in reading an overview of the Clotila story? Here's a link: Voices of The Clotilda — Dignity Justified

On 2/9/2021 at 7:35 PM, Guest Dignity Justified said:

Yes!

Africatown's  annual "Spirit of Our Ancestors Festival" wil be presented via zoom this year-- February 13, 2021, at 1PM (CST)  

Registration:  https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_D9Q_XOuxQk2WoeXz3YGVVg

I wish I would have seen this post earlier!

Yes, I bought a book from this community about this subject!

I have not sat down to read it yet, but I can't wait to absorb it.

My relatives thought that My Great Grandmother was stolen and brought over here late as well around the 1850s, but I have just confirmed her actual date of arrival.

She was brought over here very late though. 

I just found her gravesite and it was marked by one of her many sons, my Grandfather. It took me about 30 years to piece together all of my research and then finally to find her gravesite. I am still in shock because, I actually gave up a little. I didn't think I would ever be able to find her gravesite so when I saw it, I was totally shocked. 

I have a copy of her slave ship record, and the death certificates of many of her children. I am in shock. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/18/2021 at 4:55 PM, Troy said:

Wow you know who your African Ancestor is.  Did you know did you know your grandfather?

Hi @Troy Do I know my grandfather?

Yes. I am assuming that you are asking about her husband?

My Great-grandmother's husband?

There is a lot of information I have learned over the course of about 30 years. I have been relentless and at times, I have had to back off, because my relatives at times became angry with me and did not want to speak about the past. I am very stressed right now and reluctant to look at my information because of the tense reaction I have received from my relatives, but I am considering writing a book. 

My Great-great grandfather was from the southern parts of Nigeria and was initially brought to a slave plantation to Virginia. My Great grandfather was sold with his father from Virginia to South Carolina. I was told a heart rendering story in how My Great-great grandfather ... spun around and then he fell down, had an heart attack and then he died. My Great grandfather met my Great-grandmother when she was a little girl and they became childhood sweethearts. But she was raped. After she gave birth to two half-white offspring, my Great-grandfather still married her, but she was sold away soon after... and the story goes on and on... 

After Emancipation, my Great-grandfather walked all the way to another state, found her and they reunited. They had many children and my Grandfather was her last offspring from him. Then, guess what!? My Great-grandmother married another man and had more children! 

Her first 'half-white' son, became very substantial and he was very bonded to her and so, before he died, he reached out to help her 'black family'... I am extremely fascinated with this story. I am kind of 'in shock'. I have gotten the Death Certificates of some my ancestors. 

• Thanks 1