Leisure Time

I have been thinking that it is importance to have a pastime, something you can do that is low involvement. TV or reading. And also a hobby, something that requires active involvement. I feel that not only do they improve your quality of life but also cultivate the character.

• Like 1

I agree wholeheartedly, but would ask you to reconsider associating the active of reading with a "low involvement" activity. Reading is not a low involvement, because it requires active mental engagement.  Reading is not a passive activity. If it were, far more people would be doing it.

Watching TV, on the other hand, is a much more passive and low involvement activity any one can do it.  You can do it while inebriated, high, tired, and even while engaged in another activity.

• Like 1

Writing isn't necessarily about personal experiences. - I'm a veteran journalist who spends a lot of time writing about other people's experiences. The only difference is I process it through my lens. Writing and reading require active engagement. I've recently found watching foreign films and episodic television programs is also engaging. In fact, one must participate too. Not only must you pay attention you also must read the translation. I don't waste my time on anything that is low involvement. Nope, won't do it. So, @Delano change my mind. 😄