How America Invented Race

18 hours ago, Troy said:

@Pioneer1 Hey man does this video above help you?

Sure.

It helps me to understand how confused and desperate the author of that video is to unite and be friends with Caucasians.

It helps me understand how the author really sees his slave master's children as his brothers and allies in some mythological "struggle".

Anyone who makes a video where the title incorrectly asserts that AMERICA "invented" race....is exceedingly confused.

Which is why I'm not surprised when he concludes the video by singing of how the "Africans and English struggled TOGETHER"....lol.
Because that's what he wants!
He wants to be TOGTHER with Caucasians...not his other Black brothers and sisters...but the Caucasians.

It's like those Negroes in the church who sing about loving everybody and try to shake hands with and hug klansmen....but if another Black man owes him $10 he's ready to KILL him over it.

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

It's like those Negroes in the church who sing about loving everybody and try to shake hands with and hug klansmen....but if another Black man owes him $10 he's ready to KILL him over it.

Is that you took away from the video. I'm hurt that you think so poorly of your Black brothers and sisters that you would write the above.  It is hyperbolic statement, based upon nothing more than your prejudiced and bigoted imagination.  

@Pioneer1 who then invented "race," indeed institutional racism, other than the greedy white boys here?  

Troy 

Lol....man, that's ridiculous.
How can a Black man be a "bigot"???

Instead of being hurt over my insight, you should be hurt and disappointed over how gullible so many of our young people (the author sounds like a young man) have become when it comes to race and politics.

He probably made that video....not in the name of racial unity....but in order to attract a particular Caucasian woman he's interested in, lol.

Nah, it was a video designed for people who don’t like to read. 

Anybody can be a bigot.

The young man that you’re describing is just the narrator. The video was high production quality and took, I’m sure, a team of people to create.

Much of the text in the video I’ve seen before in descriptions of Bacon’s rebellion. Although the emphasis on Black and white people fighting together was emphasized and the slaughter of Native Americans was deemphasized, but the focus of the video was on the creation of race, not the rebellion.

Multiple sources are required to get anywhere close to the truth, but the fact of the matter remains; the concept of race, and it’s demon spawn racism, is founded here in America — Even the Nazis pulled from America’s playbook.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 8:42 PM, Troy said:

who then invented "race," indeed institutional racism, other than the greedy white boys here?  

No Way! Racism was NOT invented this late in time by Americans. I have seen a few other films like this that also state the Nazi Movement came out of America and that is a complete deception!

America is absolutely NOT the inventors of racism! Americans are NOT the inventors of White Supremacy! Racism is a social construct in these modern times, however, it should more properly be recognized as a Social Re-construction, a practiced that has been done for thousands and thousands of years. 

The film falsely states that in 1681 the word 'White' was used for the first time and that is so misleading. For this American government of the 13 Colonies that term may have been new, but long before 1681, the SPANISH COLONIES and so many more WHITE Europeans had come and exercised against the indigenous peoples.

Okay, LONG Before 1705 Blacks and Whites, English, Scots, Irish, Africans did inter-related in many ways but this kind of deceptive history being handed to us to believe is just another common ploy to confuse us. We think we are putting out truth, however, we are only putting out spoon fed truths given to us by what seemingly is informed Blacks who actually got this from some 'White do-gooder source' --

LONG before 1705 Blacks, Whites, English, Scots, Irish, Africans, Moors... did inter-relate in various ways however, what we are not taught through formal education is the outrageous and violent breakdown of the Moorish Empires across Europe and the violent breakdown of the Turkish Empire LONG before the Americans re-started this White Supremacist Movement. The breakdown of THE INFIDELS was based on them being Black!!! Come on! Wake Up! 

There is nothing new under the sun.

The Americans were not the first to form a government based on White Supremacy. 

• Thanks 1

Troy

Anybody can be a bigot.

It seems that you are attempting to equate the REACTION of the victim with the ACTION of the perpetrator.

My beliefs are a REACTION to the racism that I've experienced and observed from the Caucasians who inflicted it.  For me to point out their injustices doesn't make me any more a "bigot" than a rape victim being a "slanderer" for pointing the finger at her attacker.

Have you been deluded into believing power and privilege are so "even" between Caucasians and AfroAmericans today to the point that we should be held to the same standard as them????

Chev

No Way! Racism was NOT invented this late in time by Americans. 

Exactly.

There are reports back in 1500 BC of Aryans invading the Indus Valley region and setting up a race-based system of oppression based on the color of one's skin with the White Brahmans being on top and the Black Dravidians being considered "Untouchables".

1500 B.C!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Chevdove said:

The Americans were not the first to form a government based on White Supremacy. 

Who was?

6 hours ago, Chevdove said:

Racism is a social construct in these modern times, however, it should more properly be recognized as a Social Re-construction, a practiced that has been done for thousands and thousands of years. 

OK, again who did the white people in American learn racism and the idea that Black people subhuman and inferior to white people?

Troy

So you just gonna ignore my questions and pose increasingly irrelevant ones to cloud this issue?

I didn't ignore them, they weren't directed at me...but at Chevdove.

I RESPONDED to the question you asked her with a question of my own for you.

A question you have yet to answer.

Who formed a government based upon white supremacy before the white boys here?

The white boys in Spain, Italy, and most of Europe who insisted on a Caucasian only Europe after driving out the Moors.

@Pioneer1 again complexity confuses you especially when if conflicts with your world view see below from https://www.google.com/amp/s/api.nationalgeographic.com/distribution/public/amp/history/article/who-were-moors

Still, even if the definition of moor was as point blank as you believe it to be, it still is no justification to prove that any government was founded on the principles of racial superiority before the US novel “race” based implementation of slavery.

Though the term can be found throughout literature, art, and history books, it does not actually describe a specific ethnicity or race. Instead, the concept of Moors has been used to describe alternatively the reign of Muslims in Spain, Europeans of African descent, and others for centuries.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2021 at 10:40 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Exactly.

There are reports back in 1500 BC of Aryans invading the Indus Valley region and setting up a race-based system of oppression based on the color of one's skin with the White Brahmans being on top and the Black Dravidians being considered "Untouchables".

1500 B.C!!!!!!

Oh yes! @Pioneer1 Absolutely. 

On 3/13/2021 at 1:42 PM, Troy said:

Who was?

@Troy Just like the broad definition under the governmental term of 'Americans'  setting up racism, the focus I suppose would not be 'the government' but the kind of people that infiltrated the government and set up racism, not only in America but in so many other governments in the past. Not all 'Americans' were part of setting up racism. Not all 'Europeans' were part of setting up racism. Not all 'European Americans' were part of setting up racism. It is the infiltrators that have done this in the past and present. Oh yes, and not only 'White people' were part of setting up the system of Colorism as well! 

On 3/13/2021 at 1:42 PM, Troy said:

OK, again who did the white people in American learn racism and the idea that Black people subhuman and inferior to white people?

Well, before 'White people' that set up our government here  came to be called American, they were Europeans and there is a long, long history there! That European history goes way back in time and, this strange belief in White Supremacy was adopted by many different kinds of people, not just Europeans, Europe was the spring board; so-to-speak. 

This is why the concept is RACE is so important!

If you focus on limited terms like "German" or "European" you'll miss the bigger picture that racism was also practiced in places like India, and among the Arabs through out northern Africa.

Race is biological and genetic, so it transcends national and geographical boundaries.  You aren't limited to just one territory or period of time.

On 4/2/2021 at 7:34 AM, Troy said:

Ok, how far does it go back? Is it hundreds of years as I say or thousands of years as @Pioneer1 says?

Definitely goes back thousands of years!

On 4/4/2021 at 11:51 PM, Troy said:

... so why did race only become an issue In the last few hundred years a

mere fraction of a second in the amount of time humans walked the planet

Again, I think the term 'race' is a confusion and maybe that could be why this subject is not fully understood.

Intelligent beings who control this concept know how to manipulate the issue of Colorism and I think for this reason, a lot of humans have issues with Colorism but are in self denial and are just not fully aware of it. 

We may not recognize how Colorism has been used to set up caste systems, etc. even amongst the ethnic world.

Racism, colorism, whatever you wanna call it this artificial construct recently created to justify Race-based slavery.

All the other stuff you are super imposing your own understanding of race onto other cultures. 

5 hours ago, Troy said:

acism, colorism, whatever you wanna call it this artificial construct recently created to justify Race-based slavery.

No, not so, rather this concept again, goes back thousands of years. It is not recent. It is not my own understanding, however, it is based on resources. Again, I do not refer to the term 'race' but perhaps other terms like 'Colorism' or 'White Supremacy' would be better, but especially the scientific terms like 'species' and using 'traits' and 'ancestry' to create a caste system may be better.

Again, @Troy I think that this concept of is not accepted but 'excused' by the ethnic world, but this is not exclusively abused by White people. 

Troy

.... so why did race only become an issue In the last few hundred years a mere fraction of a second in the amount of time humans walked the planet

It didn't.

Race has been a MAJOR issue on this planet for atleast 6000 years if not longer.

We can talk about the Egyptians and how they considered the Caucasian race of the deserts north of them to be savages and children of Set/Typhon.

Or we can talk about ancient India and how the Caucasians invaded and land and set up a racist religious system about 4000 years ago.

Race has been a problem for a long time on this planet.

In Ebonics we say:  Mayne...race BEEN a problem own dis mug!

Again you can make anything about what you race. “To a bit with a hammer all the world is a nail.”

20 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Considered the Caucasian race of the deserts north of them to be savages and children of Set/Typhon.

Could It be be considered them savages because of their actual behavior and not the complexity of the skin?

20 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Or we can talk about ancient India and how the Caucasians invaded and land and set up a racist religious system about 4000 years ago.

Where did you read about this “race” based religious system?

Troy

Could It be be considered them savages because of their actual behavior and not the complexity of the skin?

It could be.
Or it could be BOTH....as one relating to the other.

It's like asking me:
"Do you like women because they are the opposite sex?
Or do you like women because they have wide hips and breasts?"

My answer would be BOTH because both factors are related.
It's not an either or type of question.

Where did you read about this “race” based religious system?

It's called Hinduism and it was established after the Caucasians invaded the land and slaughtered and subjegated original Black in habitant establishing a racial heirachy.
It has evolved over the thousands of years to include many different factors, but skin color is still a major factor in your social status.

If you don't believe me, just ask a person from India.

Troy

Exactly, you got it.

Besides me, where have other people been over the weekend???
I think Harry B didn't even post anything over the weekend!

Lol....I would think a free open forum would look mighty attractive in today's "cancel culture" climate where people are getting blocked and reported left and right for posting their opinions.