I Had to Ban Magnetic

Hey @Pioneer1 I decided to ban Magnetic.  There were a variety of red flags.

I printed out and read one of the 3,000+ word posts.  Despite the misleading subject line dealing with Cleveland transportation the post was laden with conspiracy theories including anti-Covid-19 vaccination, contrails, and illuminati stuff.  Posting this however is not enough for me to ban someone.

I randomly pulled a couple of sentences and found that they were copied verbatim from the Scientific American.  This whole ideal of wrapping conspiracy theories with text from reputable sources points to a clear intent to deceive. The tactic however was so clumsy that I figured that the text was probably programmatically generated.  The text was obviously not intended for anyone to read.  

This coupled with the fact that Magnetic just posted but never replied pointed to malintent,  perhaps to hurt this  site in search engine rankings. The motivation for someone to hurt this site is always lost on me. 

I ban people almost every day  -- even before they post -- at account creation.  Magnetic's email address was also from protonmail.com which may be a legitimate email system to maintain your privacy, but it is also frequently used by spammers.  

#aalbcneeds100pioneers

😪 Magnetic is gone????

Boo hoo hoo.....how on EARTH will we be able to manage without him (her?).....lol.

I'm not sure what his purpose on the site was anyway, like you said he wasn't really engaging anyone.
I posted on a couple of his threads and didn't get a response and I believe you asked him something and he didn't respond to you either.

The only "response" we got was him starting yet ANOTHER THREAD of more non-stop jibber-jabber!

It's as if to say, "Don't ask any question and I'm not interested in your comments.  Just shut up and read what I'm giving you!"...lol.

Not sure about the other conspiracies he was promoting but just like Kareem's militant talk...infact even MORE so....those anti-vack-seen comments will probably get you (or the site atleast) in a lot of trouble in the near future the way things are going.
If you notice I'm not even typing out the actual word.  They have people scouring the net looking for it and anything negatively said about it.
People's minds should be made up by now as to what they plan on doing.  

Troy

The only person you owe me (or atleast I'd like one) an explanation for banning would be ME.

...and maybe Chevdove,lol.
She's so nice and polite I'd be VERY curious as to what she may have done to earn your wrath.

If you banned @Delano-
Lol, I'd ask you what TOOK you so long!

I did not, nor have I ever considered banning Chevdove.

I was just letting you know why in case you were wondering.  We can use more posters, so If I kick one out, I'd figured let everyone know.  I did not think any of the other regulars cared enough to miss Magnetic, as they never commented on his/her posts.

I'll probably make it policy to lets folks know if a contributor is banned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/26/2021 at 12:30 PM, Troy said:

#aalbcneeds100pioneers

Awesome! 

On 3/28/2021 at 8:34 AM, Pioneer1 said:

...and maybe Chevdove,lol.
She's so nice and polite I'd be VERY curious as to what she may have done to earn your wrath.

If you banned @Delano-
Lol, I'd ask you what TOOK you so long!

LOL! @Pioneer1 Thank you! But then too, I try to be cordial, however, I feel as an AFrican American sometimes dealing with 'racial' issues here in America, it can get controversial!

Oh no! Not Delano! No way! LOL. He offers a lot! 

@Delano

On 3/28/2021 at 4:59 PM, Troy said:

@Troy Thanks! 

Troy

What about @Delano  ?

Lol, I notice you didn't say the same for him!

Hey, maybe I'm mixing this site with another site but didn't we have a poster on here a few years ago named Nah Sun or Na Sun or similar?

Chev

Oh no! Not Delano! No way! LOL. He offers a lot! 

Yes but...do we really WANT what he's offering?????

Troy

did you seem him on a Facebook site?

No.
To be honest I'm not sure why I thought about him.
I actually thought of his name a week ago when you first started the thread but forgot to ask you.

Chev

LOL! You gotta be kidding!

Bill Duke - Rotten Tomatoes

....lol.

He's brilliant. He has a lot of insight imo.

Eddie Murphy: Raw (1987) - IMDb

"Lol...now YOU gotta be kidding!"