Media Flooded With Black Negativity!

For the past couple days, when I log on to the internet my start up screen that gives you the news and headlines of what is supposedly "happening" around the world has been FLOODED with racist anti-Black propaganda.

Out of the dozens of "news" stories posted, nearly half of them featured AfroAmericans in a NEGATIVE aspect as their main attraction!

The top ones were:

-Lil Nas X and his Satan worshipping video
-Megan Thee Stallion and Cardi B doing some sort of lesbian performance at an awards show
-2 teenaged Black girls who allegedly tried to carjack a Pakistani man.
-Some Black dude in a pink shirt who went around assaulting Asians
-Rowdy Black kids going back and forth with the police down in Miami Beach for Spring Break.
-Some Black man who went into an Atlanta bathroom heavily armed.

They just keep recycling the same negative anti-Black stories over and over again despite negative but news worthy events being committed by Caucasians EVERY HOUR.

One Caucasian man shot up a bunch of people in Atlanta a week ago.
Another Caucasian shot up a bunch of people in Boulder Colorado a few days after.

....yet despite heavy INITIAL reporting on them while they were happening, a couple days latter you hear almost nothing of them.
They are drilling down on as much Black negativity as they can.

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

...news and headlines of what is supposedly "happening" around the world has been FLOODED with racist anti-Black propaganda.

Yes, and we know main stream media loves to spew Black crime. It has only gotten worse in the age of the web.  Thirty years ago Lil Nas X would have been unknown, Cardi B would still be turning tricks in some strip club, the teenage car jackers would never have made national news, ...

I was completely unaware of all of these "news" stories you related, until now.  Why do you keep consuming this garbage?  

Are you addicted like everyone else?

Troy

I don't consume it, it's THROWN at me.

Unlike Youtube that has an algorithm sending content your way based on what you usually choose....the news featured in your internet start up pages have little to no relation to the content you search for.  It's pushed on you.
You have no more control over the content they post infront of you than you do over what CNN or NBC News chooses to report.
Your only choice is to ignore it and move on past it.

But they know if it's a catchy headline with negativity and violence...it will attract some people.
And if you're already leaning towards racism, just identifying Black characters will further attract you and reinforce your beliefs.

I saw 3 different "news" headlines all talking about Lil Nas X and him worshipping Satan.
Like you said, this use to be tabloid...now it's "news".

15 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

It's pushed on you.

I know, stop going where they push stuff like this to you.  I don't care if it is CNN or NBC.

15 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

if you're already leaning towards racism, just identifying Black characters will further attract you and reinforce your beliefs.

Of course.  You don't even have to be racist for it to effect you -- it adversely effects Black people as well.

So is sharing the "news" that Lil Nas X (whoever that is) is one of Satan's minions.  Until they catch him sacrificing virgins or something newsworthy who cares.

Troy

I know, stop going where they push stuff like this to you.  I don't care if it is CNN or NBC.

You don't understand.......
It's not a matter of me GOING to those places so much as it's  matter of just login on to the internet and having that content PUSHED ON you.

When you log on to your start up page, you are usually hit with dozens of "news" headlines that mostly consist of crime, sports, politics, and weather.  You didn't SEARCH for this content, it automatically pops up on your start up page UNTIL you change the web address to whichever sites you want to go to.

So is sharing the "news" that Lil Nas X (whoever that is) is one of Satan's minions.  Until they catch him sacrificing virgins or something newsworthy who cares.

YOU should care, because it ill-effects you indirectly and in the long run!

This reminds me of the argument I had with a few brothers over the Mike Tyson incident where he bit part of Evander Holyfield's ear off.  They kept saying it doesn't matter what Mike Tyson does because that's just him...he's not all Black men.  I kept telling them that may be the way THEY see it, but people around the world see him as a representative of Black men and if HE is seen as crazy and savage that will negatively affect their image too.

With Lil Nas X.
If he is seen as a Satan worshipping demon, there are many around the world will see him as a representative of Black youth.  It doesn't matter if this is rational or not.

11 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

You didn't SEARCH for this content, it automatically pops up

Yes this is true.  I noticed this long ago when you log onto social media you see the feed first -- not your information.  This is why I spotted using social.

I purchased a new Iphone the "News" app served the same garbage, so I deleted the app, because it was not news.

The other stuff you just have to ignore.  It is hard but you can do it.  This is one of the reason I prefer reading off line as you don't get attacked by the stuff that is shoved into your face.

It is really hard to worry about people so ignorant that they would assume Lil NasX or Iron Mike represent other Black people.  If they are that stupid surely they have too little influence to impact my life.

Troy

It is really hard to worry about people so ignorant that they would assume Lil NasX or Iron Mike represent other Black people.  If they are that stupid surely they have too little influence to impact my life.

You feel this way because you were born and raised in the United States...a very individualist minded society.
Here, most people keep to themselves and mind their own business.

In most other nations people associate behavior with the ENTIRE GROUP. 

In other words, if ONE man from New York came to their community cussing, acting crazy, and being violent...they are inclined to expect you and other men from New York to be the same way.

You may say this is unfair, and it is...but that's how how much of the world looks at people.

At first I didn't understand this and thought it was totally unfair but as I got older I began to understand the logic and reasoning behind it.

The logic behind their thinking is if the other people of that group WERE NOT like that and didn't approve of it...they wouldn't allow it.

In other words... continuing with that same analogy....if the other men of New York weren't violent and crazy themselves, then they wouldn't allow that one man to be.  
They would "check" him right then and there and put an end to his behavior.  
The fact that he's "allowed" to do what he does means that his groups APPROVES of his behavior!

Do you understand this?

Their thinking....not saying I agree with it....is if we didn't approve of Lil Nas X or Mike Tyson's behavior then we wouldn't ALLOW them to behave that way.  

I don't even know, really, who little Nas X is and even if I did I could exert about as much control over his behavior as I could Mike Tyson, which is to say zero.  

Tell me what does Nas X's worshipping of Satan to do you or anyone for that matter?  It seems to me all this information does is keep people engaged on social. Is what Nas X doing any worse that what some Christians do worshipping some of the charismatic ministers that @harry brown is always complaining about? (Harry is gonna love the newsletter I send today 😉).

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

Do you understand this?

Yes, but you are describing the behaviors of smaller tribal communities or small insular groups, not modern societies.

Troy

Yes, but you are describing the behaviors of smaller tribal communities or small insular groups, not modern societies.

Much if not MOST of the planet is made up of these smaller tribal communities!
People talk about the world as if the U.S. and Europe is THEE world when they only make up a small portion.
People of color who do NOT live in major cities but in rural villages and small towns make up most of the planet and we as people of color are communal and collective minded by nature.

Again, I caution you not to just see things from YOUR perspective or the perspective of those around you in a Western society but to try and understand how much of the world sees an individual and how they represent their community.   Whether YOU see yourself as separate from Tyson,  Obama, Nas, and other AfroAmerican figures...or not...is irrelevant.  If OTHERS see you all related then you should concern yourself with how that belief will affect you.
For example......

There's been a lot of news headlines featuring AfroAmericans attacking Asians in the news lately.
I consider this racist propaganda.
I'm sure you say it's a few bad apples attacking people and YOU certainly aren't going to feel guilty over the actions of some deranged individuals.
However what if you were an international business man and that video of the clown who attacked that 65 year old woman was released in the media the day or morning RIGHT BEFORE you had a major business meeting and deal with a Chinese firm with millions of dollars at stake??

Then his behavior and how the media is portraying him WILL be of concern to you almost instinctively because you'll worry whether or not the Chinese executives of that firm saw the video and what they may be thinking.
You'd probably be ducking and dodging and apologizing and doing all types of condemnations of that attack simply because of what's at stake for you personally!

And again, it doesn't matter if it's fair or not...that's how they think and you'd instinctively know that and will try to DISTANCE yourself from that man and his behavior as far as you can!

@Pioneer1 I can't Bruh ... I can't listen to this video. It is an hour and 15 minutes about an apparently nutty dude I never heard of more than 15 minutes ago.

I did however listen to the first 5 minutes which was mostly filled with pleas to follow her and like her on various social media platforms (you already know that ain't happenin'). I did discover in the first 5 that I HAVE heard of little Nas X.  I familiar with the country tune he made -- seemed like a fairly innocuous tune, but as the "beautiful sista" said I did not listen to the lyrics, but I do know the song was very popular -- it must be if I heard of it 🙂

At any rate, did she repeat your points of say anything that I really should care about?  If so, give me the time stamp or summarize please.

On 4/1/2021 at 11:27 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Much if not MOST of the planet is made up of these smaller tribal communities!

No that is simply not true, most of the world planet lives in it's major urban centers.  Man even here, one out of three people who live in the United States lives in New York City.

Besides do you think the people who actually live in tribal communities are studying Little Nasty X?

The Chinese people who run major firm are not nearly as provincial as you seem to think they are.

People do denegerate stuff because it brings them attention and makes them money.

I just now went Google Youtube and did a search on "such my dick" this video came right up...  Which Youtube wants you to watch on their platform for obvious reasons (what they say below is bullshit).

Troy

What are you talking about man?
I set the Youtube video to play on the last 15 minutes of the program!

Really, her points about how we as AfroAmericans used to live in a more tightly knit community were only about the first 5-10 minutes of that...which is what I wanted to share.

You shouldn't have had to play the entire video from the beginning.
She's usually great to look at (she usually looks much better than she did in that video) but she's not the most dynamic speaker anyway.
Only the final 10 or 15 minutes makes the point.