Delusions

Unless something changes dramatically, cops will always kill people and a disproportionate percentage of them will be Black.

Hoping it will change, on it own, is certainly on the verge of being delusional.

Hope alone is not enough, it will take a lot of effort and it will not happen over night.

23 hours ago, Delano said:

s it possible to be content if you don't have delusions?

I don't think so. But then, I don't think I operate in delusions; I have to think about this.

Or are delusions and hope intimately intermingled?

Maybe. 

My recent experiences say that they are interwoven.

Perhaps.

20 hours ago, Troy said:

I guess there is a thin line l, and some overlap, depending on what you’re hoping for...

Yes, I think there might be an overlap.

19 hours ago, Delano said:

s it hopeful or delusional to think cops will stop killing Black people?

Oh! I think it's delusional! There is a problem going on and I think it is pre-meditated! Just recently, I heard about at least two Black males and a black female that was shot and killed and they were unarmed. I believe that under normal circumstances, there would be a disproportionate killing of Black men but not due to some evil White policemen, however, i think it is based on earlier governmental issues that revolve around how this government set up on slavery. This situation of Black men being killed imo, has nothing to do with cops killing Black men, but on the other hand, what is going on right now is totally distinct. I believe that what is going on right now is a movement.

And, this movement will not stop imo unless, something is done about it on a global scale!

I really think that we need to revisit what happened in Europe in how the European Jews were systematically railroaded during the Holocaust. It started with some type of secret movement and by and by, it became a big governmental movement. The European Jews had no idea that things would escalate to that degree, but it did. 

• Like 1