Popularity Is Often Overrated

Piggy backing off of the discussion we're having over the popularity of social media among our people............

Growing up I wasn't considered very attractive and thus wasn't very popular with the girls OR with other boys (for reasons having little to do with looks).  Fortunately girls weren't AS concerned with looks as boys are so there are other attributes males can develop to offset what they're lacking in looks.  But I spent long periods of time wondering why I wasn't "coolest" or "cutest" boy in school with all of the friends.

I didn't notice it as a kid, all I saw were the BENEFITS of being  very popular.  But when I got older and into my 20s I started observing a lot of the NEGATIVE by-products that many of those same people experienced as a result of their popularity:

-Having more friends often meant more partying and more access to drug and alcohol abuse.

-Having more friends often meant being more enticed to engage in criminal activity WITH those friends

-Having more sexual access with females often meant contracting more STDs.

-Having more sexual access with females often meant more babies with different women, more baby-mama-drama, and more legal problems with child support!

-Having more girlfriends often meant fighting more EX-boyfriends and jealous boys who WANT to be their boyfriend and see YOU as competition!
-Even more disturbing...I've heard of more than a few dudes who had it so easy with females that it was no longer a challenge, they got BORED, and that's how they started getting into sex with other men!

Those were problems that more attractive men were starting to deal with going into their 20s and many of them continued to deal with those problems and more as a result of being "cool" and very popular.

In this world, benefits often come with a price.

You want to be more popular?
You want to attract more people?

...be ready to pay the price that often comes with that.

25 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

I've heard of more than a few dudes who had it so easy with females that it was no longer a challenge, they got BORED, and that's how they started getting into sex with other men!

Dude, those were gay guys telling you this. A heterosexual man does start blowing another guy because they are bored with women. 

29 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Fortunately girls weren't AS concerned with looks as boys are so there are other attributes males can develop to offset what they're lacking in looks.

This is true of most mature adults. 

Popularity and the extreme form of this, celebrity, does come with trade offs. The willingness to deal with the various  trade offs is up to the individual.

Troy

Dude, those were gay guys telling you this. A heterosexual man does start blowing another guy because they are bored with women. 

Perhaps, problem is....I've heard the same thing from WOMEN too!

A few women have told me that their boyfriends/husbands got into messing with other men because their sex life was too "boring".
It started with trying different types of sex, then having "group sex" with other women, and when that started becoming less of a challenge...they started bringing men into the group.

It's commonly believed that a person is BORN pre-disposed to be homosexual or bi-sexual, but then how do you explain Neicy Nash who said she never had been with a woman in her life UNTIL she turned 50 and married one!

Popularity and the extreme form of this, celebrity, does come with trade offs. The willingness to deal with the various  trade offs is up to the individual.

Most celebrities become so in their early 20s (or even teens) before they've had time to fully mature psychologically.  So they don't have the maturity and judgement to properly handle fame and popularity or even know what they're getting into.

10 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

how do you explain Neicy Nash who said she never had been with a woman in her life UNTIL she turned 50 and married one!

She is gay man, why is that so hard to understand?

I think being a celebrity is hard at any age.