Am*zon blocks Library Borrows

So it's not enough that am*zon wants to put independent booksellers out of business - now they are attempting to shut down Public Libraries too?

Independent publishers and authors please don't publish with am*zon.  It can only harm your business model not help it.

DHLETPMAIZFOTDJBJI2WREY7KM.jpg&w=916

Read more from the Washington Post Consumer Tech

Want to borrow that e-book from the library? Sorry, Am*zon won’t let you.

Its monopoly is stopping public libraries from lending e-books and audiobooks from Mindy Kaling, Dean Koontz, Dr. Ruth Westheimer, Trevor Noah, Andy Weir, Michael Pollan and a whole lot more... https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/03/10/am*zon-library-ebook-monopoly/

NOTE: If you reach a paywall try Mozilla Firefox. I read it through that browser.  And you might also have access to the audio version.

H/T
https://aalbc.com/tc/profile/6477-richardmurray/?status=1491&type=status

Edited by Mel Hopkins
Article is behind a paywall - Try Mozilla Firefox
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

Independent publishers and authors please don't publish with am*zon.  It can only harm your business model not help it.

The article has a paywall, but I recall Trevor Noah's ebook was (apparently still is) exclusive to Amazon.  Amazon is the only one who can sell the ebook. So naturally they can restrict the ability of people to access it from a library.  

The WP article has a paywall, so I could not read it. But thanks for sharing it anyway.

• Sad 1

I just read the article.  Amazon is indeed forcing people to use credit cards rather than Library cards. The author also noted that Amazon owns the paper in which the article was being published, but said his viewer were his own.  This may be true today, but the writers has completely missed the point. because Jeff can change this ant anytime.