What would you call a Blk person who has a White-passing grandparent?

• afro718 changed the title to What would you call a Blk person who has a White-passing grandparent?
26 minutes ago, Stefan said:

A  Black person. 

What does his or her having a light skinned grand parent have to do with it?

Stop judging, stop categorizing and stop looking into the past.

The future is now. We have lives to live and a history to safeguard. 

I'd say the grandparent has something to do with it because the person looks just like their grandparent

this person is actually racially ambiguous themselves.

and it goes a bit further than just being "light skinned" ...they look another race altogether.

Afro

I'd have to actually SEE the person in order to determine which race I would categorize them in.
Especially since you said:

this person is actually racially ambiguous themselves.

and it goes a bit further than just being "light skinned" ...they look another race altogether.

For me, race is PHENOTYPICAL (based on how you look) and backed up by genetics.
In other words if you LOOK like a Caucasian, you're going to most likely be classified as a Caucasian in my opinion.
And if you LOOK like a Mulatto (African and Caucasian mix) you're going to be classified as a Mulatto in my opinion as opposed to simply being called "Black".

You can't simply go by what their parents, or grand parents, or any other ancestor was.
Scientists say ALL people evolved from the Black race, so if you use that yardstick then you'd be calling everybody "Black"....lol.
No.  In my opinion you are the race YOU are...not necessarily your Ancestors.

A good example is Maya Rudolph:

Maya Rudolph - Rotten Tomatoes

Now in my opinion she's a Caucasian woman.

I don't even call her Mulatto despite having an African mother and Caucasian father.
Because she doesn't even LOOK Mulatto, she looks like a Caucasian with some traces of African ancestry.
Like I said, her mother is African, but for whatever reason her Caucasian ancestry dominated.
And in my opinion that's what she is...racially...Caucasian with traces of African ancestry.
No different than your average Italian.

More Colorism. I feel sorry for most of you.

I know some White Liberals who are more "Black" in loving our entire people than many of you.

Maya Rudolph's mother was singer Minnie Riperton. Does Maya reject her Black side as Candace Owens and Stacey Dash have? 

• Like 1

Daniel

Yes I can say I am From Tunisa 

I said call yourself "white" AND BE TREATED as such...lol.

As long as you have the ability to speak you can call yourself whatever race you like...but will society TREAT you like a White man?

Will you get the secret badge that allows you identify as a bonafide "White man"?
Will you get the special packets in the mail with coupons that allow you to purchase property for only 10% of the going price?
Will you be given the maps and access to secret underground supermarkets that sell fresh high quality foods?
Will you be given the monthly stipend of $10,000 spending money?

Will you be given special pills that allow you to eat ice cream and other dairy products at an old age without an upset stomach?

...and the many other privileges  that come with being White, lol.

Daniel

How one is treated regarding “race” depends on the  culture one is in.

True.
However this doesn't negate any points that I've made regarding the reality of race in this society.

Since you are in THIS culture, do you think simply CALLING yourself "white" will afford you all of the benefits and priviledges that come with actually BEING categorized as White in this society?

Will you be invited to special "white only" meetings....and be granted an opportunity to actually sit down with  "The white man" himself ?

Shutterstock

The White Man (himself) 

"Hey there.
Go ahead and have a seat buddy. 
Give me a couple minutes while I finish this report for our operations in Belarus"

4 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

There were no White people 700 years ago.

An excerpt of The Last Sermon Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h.)

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a White has no superiority over a Black nor a Black has any superiority over a White except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly."

This sermon was delivered on the Ninth day of Dhul-Hijjah, 10 A.H. ( 623AD) in the Uranah valley of Mount Arafat in Mecca. 

https://www.iium.edu.my/deed/articles/thelastsermon.html

🤔  If there were no White people 700 years ago, who was  he referring to in his Sermon back in the year 632?

Pioneer, see the issues with race? Again race is an artificial construct and a relatively new one to boot.

Even America’s definition is inconsistent. Irish people weren’t even considered equal to the whites man.

• Thanks 1

Daniel

English translation 

Lol...so according to this logic..."bread" and "soap" and other things with English names didn't exist UNTIL the English language existed to name them.

Troy

The problem isn't with defining race, the problem is with the ignorance and confusion of the people.

The planet is round whether ignorant people think it is or not.

Ignorance and confusion doesn't affect the existence of something.

Irish people weren’t even considered equal to the whites man.

Great example of the ignorance and confusion of the people.

Again, just cause they BELIEVED that people who looked like this:

Was Ed Sheeran's Baby Girl's Middle Name Inspired by a Cruise? | PEOPLE.com

....for some reason weren't considered "white", it doesn't mean they were correct.
It just shows you how silly and ignorant they were.

On 6/4/2021 at 7:13 AM, daniellegfny said:

My question to you is did you read or listen to “How To Be An AntiRacist”?

No sir.
How about you provide a link for me so I can check it out.

I'm not sure how one can be an ANTI-racist but Neely Fuller Jr. has spent decades teaching AfroAmericans how to be COUNTER-racists.

On 6/6/2021 at 10:50 AM, daniellegfny said:

🤔  I asked for a link to "How To Be An AntiRacist" and instead you send me a link to some application I have to register and sign up for?

That's like a friend asking to borrow a couple dollars and instead you give you a job application.

31 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

🤔  I asked for a link to "How To Be An AntiRacist" and instead you send me a link to some application I have to register and sign up for?

That's like a friend asking to borrow a couple dollars and instead you give you a job application.

For as long as you have been a member of this site you should already have a Libro.fm subscription. I used my monthly credit for the book. The money helps this site.

3 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

For as long as you have been a member of this site you should already have a Libro.fm subscription. I used my monthly credit for the book. The money helps this site.

Thank you for that UNsolicited advice for what I should do with MY money..lol
I'm sure (to a degree) you meant well.  But I didn't ask for a link to registration.
I asked for an actual link to "How To Be An Anti-Racist"

I wonder if you're this ADVERSARIAL with your customers?

They get in and say, "Take me to the hotel" and instead you drive them to a homeless shelter, and when they demand you take them where they want to go -instead you give them a lecture on how this is the best route for them to save money...lol.

To Talk Or Not To Talk - Connecting With Your Uber And Lyft Passengers

"I know what YOU'RE saying...but I'm telling you staying HERE will save you more money!
As long as you've been coming to this city, you should know this by now."