Senseless Violence? Or SELF-DEFENSE?

The mainstream media is really going crazy over the crime surge in the United States these past year or so.

If they aren't pointing at Chicago, then they're pointing at Houston, Baltimore, and dozens of other hotspots all over the nation.
Violent crime has been off the chain in many urban areas and it's really surging in suburban and rural areas but the violence there get's much less attention from the mainstream media because most of the victims and perpetrators are Caucasian.

However when discussing violent crime, the media really just gives you a brief and relatively uninformative flash of what actually happens when violence occurs in most urban areas so you usually don't see what led up the violence and the entire circumstances surrounding it.  They basically show you a bunch of police tape, lights flashing, and bunch of dark figures jumping up and down or hugging eachother before moving on to the next story.  This is their way of DE-humanizing the victims and the communities in general.

They also use terms like "senseless acts of violence" and some even openly use "Black on Black crime" to further insult the communities these crimes occur in.

But how many of these "senseless acts of violence" in the Black community were senseless?
How many were actually decent Black folks acting in SELF DEFENSE against the psychopaths and schizophrenics that SHOULD have been locked up and/or treated for their mental illnesses but instead were left on the street to harass decent citizens forcing them to defend themselves and their families against them?

Picture this:

A young man is walking down the street with his young daughter and some fool with red eyes and his hair all twisted up who has been diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic for over 20 years and has been in and out of juvenile hall and prison most of his life because he is never KEPT and properly treated -is standing on the corner watching the two was they come in his direction.  As the man and child walk past him, this schizophrenic stares hard at the child and even starts making lewd remarks and gestures at her.  The father...like most good fathers....checks the man for disrespecting him and his daughter like that.  A fight breaks out, and the schizo goes full blown manic and not only fights the father but tries to attack the child too as a form of "get back" forcing the young father to KILL this maniac in order to protect his daughter and himself.

Two Married Men Cheating With Each Other's Wives Fight In A Mosque

Now the mainstream media will just show 30 seconds of this story labeling it as another "senseless act of violence" and maybe show a bloody spot on the street and a bunch of Black folks standing around crying and hugging eachother with police and abulance lights flashing.  They maybe even show a couple mugshots of both men and even get into the criminal record of both.   
Many of the viewers watching this will shake their heads at "Black men killing eachother" and call it "senseless" without knowing the FULL story and how common it has become around the nation because of lack of proper mental health treatment.    Most men of ALL races would probably do the same thing this young man did and be praised as a hero for doing it, but because he was a young Black man caught up in a man-made disaster and the story is being told by a sensation based media...the story is lost.

All over the nation, many decent Black folks are often forced into having to do what they have to do to in order to defend themselves from the monsters and frankensteins who have been let loose in their communities.
Many have to even do what they thought was the "unthinkable" just to protect themselves and their families because the government too often does a piss poor job of doing what they are being tasked to do...which is protect the public.

@Pioneer1I beg to differ with your take on the crime wave in Chicago . The suggestion that the figures of the rampant shootings and killings could be elevated by the addition of regular black folks defending themselves from criminals and gang members is a stretch. The children, the women, the drivers of hijacked cars, the road rage targets, the mugged pedestrians, are all innocent unarmed victims of gun-toting black and brown felons and gang bangers. Characterizing respectable citizens as "vigilantes" and blaming them for contributing to the skyrocketing crime rate is disingenuous.  The only retaliation shootings going on are between gang rivals. 

And the implication that the media is treating the criminals unfairly by ignoring white-on-white crime is a tired lame rationale. The fact of the matter is that these daily drive-bys and robberies are not occurring in the city's white residential neighborhoods. Plus what white people do to each other shouldn't be a priority of black folks.  It's not as if 2 wrongs make a right.   And the only mental illness most of these thugs are afflicted with are anti-social disorders which are the side effects and end result of poor parenting. 

BTW,  is there another media besides the much maligned  "mainstream" media? What is the alternative news source? The daily interviews  of black community and religious  leaders and grieving families that are regularly broadcast  on Chicago's local TV give a very accurate picture of how fed up and frustrated ordinary law abiding blacks are.  They don't want to hear excuses from apologists. or complaints about government neglect, inasmuch as the cops they villainize are an arm of the government.  They just want the violence to end and for those responsible for it to be captured and punished. They've even  started to scoff at the black lives matter slogan. 

• Thanks 1

A few points..........

1.  I didn't say the media ignores "white on white" crime.  But they don't focus on it like they do crimes that involve Black offenders.
When Asians were getting attacked earlier this year the main stream media didn't focus on the Caucasians who outright killed them nearly as much as the focused on and kept show the videos over and over again of homeless Black men slapping or kicking them on some crowded street.
I agree with you that it IS tired and lame....but then again..so is police brutality and other forms of racism. 
Please tell the offenders that the victims ARE tired of this.

2. You're right that what Caucasians do to eachother doesn't justify what goes in in Black neighborhoods BUT there is a such things as "fair policing" and "fair coverage" in the media.  If EVERYBODY is going 85 mph on a 60 mph hightway but the officers ONLY stop and ticket Black drivers....yes they did break the law and Caucasian and Asian speeding doesn't justify THEM speeding also...however is it fair that you only ticket the Black speeders?
Likewise with the media.  Is it fair to show the pictures, names, and personal information of every Black suspect while doing the same to only a fraction of the White suspects?

3.I'm not saying that self defense makes up the MAJORITY of the violence that goes on in Black communities across the U.S.  I honestly am not sure WHAT percentage of the violence is done for vigilante and self defensive purposes and given their history of lying and manipulating figures I won't trust the figures put out by Caucasian sources.
But I'm sure a large portion of this violence is.

I've had to get physical with a few knucklehead on the street to protect myself and I've seen  other decent Black men and women who were minding their own business but were approached by thugs and addicts who had to get physical with them to protect themselves.

Even if we look closer at the gang life in places like L.A. and Chicago, unless you're willing to say that MOST of the Black and Brown youth in those cities are just naturally pschopathic killers....then you'd have to concede that most of them are decent people who joined gangs for reasons OTHER than the desire to shed blood.  Most young people join gangs for PROTECTION.

In other words, they didn't join because they like to go around shooting and hurting people.  They join so that IF someone attempts to shoot and hurt THEM they could atleast have some protection and ability to defend themselves and pay the offenders back.

You can dwell on the surface and just point fingers at Black and Brown people and say they are naturally violent and shake your head at them....you CAN do that.

But when you think about it critically you eventually end up leaving the fruit, going through the branches, down the trunk and into the ROOTS where you discover that problem comes form the government ALLOWING violent people with drug and other mental problems roam around the urban areas victimizing people.

@Pioneer1You offer a familiar deconstruction of America's black crises  So what else is new? A critical thinker might point out that identifying the same problem over and over and expecting a different result is insanity.  One thing you and I can probably agree on is that all back people are not criminals. What, then, is it that distinguishes law-abiders from the law-breakers?  Why does the same scathing racism that melts tar, make coal hard?  What can be said that hasn't already been spewed, dating back to the 1960s. 

Continuing to blame the Government is letting black folks off the the hook. It's time to build on the idea that only they, themselves, can cure what ails their race. For starters take an objective look at the sub-culture that dictates the bodacious lifestyle of the black underclass. When it comes to finger-pointing, spare me all the cliches about the news media. Blame social media for all the drama it ignites on the violent streets of the ghetto. Make a connection between  the baby\mama-baby\daddy dynamic and the cannon and the fodder of neglected kids who grow up to embrace gang membership.  

In bullet-riddled Chi-town the black Chief of police and the black female mayor continue to complain about too many suspects and repeat offenders being released back into Society to commit more crimes. Meanwhile, the black Cook County States attorney prates about the criminal justice system being too hard on blacks when it comes to setting bail. Who's really more on point? 

This is 2021. Time for new political strategies too. Making martyrs out of petty crooks passing counterfeit 20-dollar bills is a temporary fix. The old "preaching-to-the-choir", bleeding heart scenarios are played out. if we want to keep the Retrumpicans from reclaiming the Senate and the Presidency we need to move toward the pragmatic middle and stop bitchin' about not being able to replace white supremacy with black superiority. Unfortunately, being "woke" doesn't win elections in an America that is not yet ready for a total make-over. I'm done . 

• Like 1

Cynique

Familiar?
Can you show me an article where other's have recently pondered the idea that a large portion of the violence in America is a result of decent Black people having to defend themselves from the predators unleashed in their communities?  As far as I know I'm one of the few if not the only people bringing the topic up online.
And even if it HAS been said over and over again...does that make it WRONG...or does that mean that despite the truth being told people are failing to ACT on it and apply the solutions?

Now we may agree that all Black people aren't all criminals, but we shouldn't have to go to extremes just to find agreement.
Wouldn't it be reasonable to atleast agree that MOST Black people aren't criminals either?
However you may be reluctant to do so because then you'd have to consider the idea that too many Black and Brown people are actually victims of systemic injustices that were purposefully designed to put them in catch-22 situations.
-Having to join gangs for protection because the local law enforcement isn't providing it
-Having to sell dope, steal, and commit other illegal acts to make enough money to survive
-Having to lying and hustle to acquire and maintain half-way decent housing
-Having to harm or even kill deranged people who were allowed to roam their communities untreated

In bullet-riddled Chi-town the black Chief of police and the black female mayor continue to complain about too many suspects and repeat offenders being released back into Society to commit more crimes. Meanwhile, the black Cook County States attorney prates about the criminal justice system being too hard on blacks when it comes to setting bail. Who's really more on point? 

Both, because like most people you fail to recognize that while both are correct they are simply placing their weights on different points.
But the point each of them make is valid and doesn't contradict the other.   Again, this is where CRITICAL THINKING skills become even more valuable.

-Most of the suspects and repeat offenders they complain of being let out too early are VIOLENT offenders.  
-Most of those Black community activists and political leaders are complaining about who being kept in jails unnecessarily with excessively high bails are NON-VIOLENT offenders like prostitutes and those caught in possession of drugs. These are relatively victimless crimes that shouldn't even be considered crimes in the first place.

All of this "baby mama drama" and gang membership you bring up are mere SYMPTOMS of a much larger problem that goes beyond Black dysfunction.  If it were a Black thing....you would see OTHER Black ethnic groups like Caribbeans and Africans suffering from the same problems. The only time these problems begin to creep into immigrant communities after 2 or 3 generations of living in the U.S.: which should tell you there's something about this society that BREEDS the type of social dysfunction you see describe. 

And guess who's responsibility that is?

You imply that it's futile to continue to blame the government and let Black people off the hook for the dysfunction in society, but WHO'S responsibility is it to serve and PROTECT the people?  Is it the citizen or the government we pay taxes to? 
If the patients at a hospital fail to get better, you don't blame the patients...you blame the staff at the hospital because they're supposed to have the skill and expertise to help those who need it.

People can't just make up their own laws and apply the solutions they see fit without answer to some governmental authority, so besides petitioning the government to do it's job of serving and protecting the people....what else do you suggest they do?

@Pioneer1My use of the word "familiar" was in response to your second post, not your first "essay" about self-defense. And in the USA, baby mama-drama among the underclasses is, what it is: the unique post-slavery result of the breakdown of the family unit, - making the way things are in Africa and the Caribbean and white America beside the point.  But you can drone on and on in the apparent expectation that what you re-hash will resonate enough to magically produce reform. I, however, having gotten my personal observations off my chest, will move on.  i have more interesting ways to tempt insanity.   

Cynique

And in the USA, baby mama-drama among the underclasses is, what it is: the unique post-slavery result of the breakdown of the family unit

For the most part that is not true.
Slavery itself has little to do with the dysfunctional family structure in the U.S. today.

1. There are numerically more Caucasians going through family dysfunction and baby mama drama than AfroAmericans, although our community is disproportionately affected.  And needless to say they didn't come from a tradition of chattel slavery.

2.  The married couple nuclear family structure in the BLACK community remained relatively high (above 80%) from Reconstruction all the way up to the early 1970s.
That's when the deterioration began. The family dysfunction you see in society today is a direct result of carefully orchestrated social engineering that has been occuring since the early 70s.

But you can drone on and on in the apparent expectation that what you re-hash will resonate enough to magically produce reform.

Mass reform would be nice, but no one is holding their breath waiting on it.
When I speak the truths that I know, if I can change a FEW lives for the better and help keep a FEW people from falling into the traps that the racist devils have set for them...I'm appreciative and consider it a measure of success.  The more the merrier.

On 7/9/2021 at 6:42 AM, Pioneer1 said:

been in and out of juvenile hall and prison most of his life

On 7/9/2021 at 6:42 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Most men of ALL races would probably do the same thing this young man did and be praised as a hero for doing it, but because he was a young Black man caught up in a man-made disaster and the story is being told by a sensation based media...the story is lost.

This is so true. 

On 7/9/2021 at 9:08 PM, Cynique said:

Plus what white people do to each other shouldn't be a priority of black folks.  It's not as if 2 wrongs make a right.

Yes. I agree.

On 7/10/2021 at 10:52 AM, Pioneer1 said:

down the trunk and into the ROOTS where you discover that problem comes form the government ALLOWING violent people with drug and other mental problems roam around the urban areas victimizing people.

Yes.

On 7/11/2021 at 12:27 AM, Cynique said:

This is 2021. Time for new political strategies too. Making martyrs out of petty crooks passing counterfeit 20-dollar bills is a temporary fix. The old "preaching-to-the-choir", bleeding heart scenarios are played out. if we want to keep the Retrumpicans from reclaiming the Senate and the Presidency we need to move toward the pragmatic middle and stop bitchin' about not being able to replace white supremacy with black superiority. Unfortunately, being "woke" doesn't win elections in an America that is not yet ready for a total make-over. I'm done . 

Yes, I believe that we need new political strategies.