Facebook Documents Reveal a Secret Elite That Is Exempt From Its Rules

The email below was sent to me by the Wall Street Journal.  Now You can guess the skin color of the people and social economic status of the people exempt from the rules Facebook imposes on the rest of us.

Why Black people (any people really) continue to willingly provide free content to enrich Facebook AND subject themselves to this is beyond me:

Mark Zuckerberg has publicly said Facebook allows its more than nearly three billion users to speak on equal footing with the elites of politics, culture and journalism, and that its standards of behavior apply to everyone, no matter their status or fame.

In private, the company has built a system that has exempted high-profile users from some or all of its rules, according to company documents reviewed by The Wall Street Journal. At times, the documents show, the system has protected public figures whose posts contain harassment or incitement to violence, violations that would typically lead to sanctions for regular users.

A 2019 internal review of the program, marked attorney-client privileged, found such favoritism to be both widespread and “not publicly defensible.”

In a written statement, Facebook spokesman Andy Stone said criticism of the program was fair, but added that the system “was designed for an important reason: to create an additional step so we can accurately enforce policies on content that could require more understanding.”

Facebook knows, in acute detail, that its platforms are riddled by flaws that cause harm in the real world, according to an extensive array of internal company communications reviewed by the Journal. Moreover, the documents show, it often lacks the will or the ability to address them.

This is the first in a series of articles based on those documents and on interviews with dozens of current and former employees.

• Like 2

Ofcourse there's an elite groups of wealthy Caucasians of whom the rules don't apply...lol.

That's what people mean when they talk about the System of White Supremacy.

It's not just in facebook, but through out social media and through out the government and other establishments in this society.

Some go as far as to say that social media was DESIGNED by these elite group of Caucasians...so ofcourse they're going to exempt themselves from the rules they impose on their "subjects".

Another thing I don't like about most social media platforms is the fact that there is no CLEAR LIST of rules and rights.
What's acceptable and unacceptable tends to depend on who's doing the moderating and changes with the times and what is currently socially acceptable. 
Racism thrives in environments where the rules aren't clear.

People on social media are now SELF-CENSORING their own words so as to avoid the "algorithm" picking up on certain words and alerting the censorers who monitor what's being said.  

I got into a bit of a heated discussion the other day over the use of the word "retarded"
They were trying to call it the "r word" and pretty much equate it to the word "nigger". I objected, but some thought it was just as bad....back and forth..back and forth.
Ofcourse those who thought it was just as bad were Caucasians, lol.

If you notice, all of these platforms START OFF the same...
Just sign up and you can post and say what ever you want, no censorship what so over.  But as time goes by and the memberships increase THEN the rules come and you can't say "this" or post "that".  Most of them follow the same predictable pattern.

• I get email almost everyday about some book I posted that Facebook does not like and is cut from the platform.
  • Authors often complain about book reviews being disallowed on Amazon.
  • Google banned this entire discussion forum when it was on http://thumperscorner.com from serving their ads because of comments they did not like.  They could have easily disallowed ads on the individual pages they had an issue with, but they summarily banned the entire domain!  That was the reason I relocated the discussion forum to AALBC's domain.

I could go on and on about this subject and how corporate algorithms are designed to maximize revenue period. Any social good is incidental.  Obviously the rich and power who own the platforms control the narrative.

I think it is noteworthy that the WSJ would report on this.  But, they are largely preaching to the choir.  The people who really need to understand this are stuff are too busy scrolling through TikTok and Instagram videos.

It irks me to no end when Black people proclaim how our people are somehow advanced by using Facebook or any other social media platform that we have no control over.

35 minutes ago, Troy said:
  • I get email almost everyday about some book I posted that Facebook does not like and is cut from the platform.
  • Authors often complain about book reviews being disallowed on am*zon.
  • Google banned this entire discussion forum when it was on http://thumperscorner.com from serving their ads because of comments they did not like.  They could have easily disallowed ads on the individual pages they had an issue with, but they summarily banned the entire domain!  That was the reason I relocated the discussion forum to AALBC's domain.

I could go on and on about this subject and how corporate algorithms are designed to maximize revenue period. Any social good is incidental.  Obviously the rich and power who own the platforms control the narrative.

I think it is noteworthy that the WSJ would report on this.  But, they are largely preaching to the choir.  The people who really need to understand this are stuff are too busy scrolling through TikTok and Instagram videos.

It irks me to no end when Black people proclaim how our people are somehow advanced by using Facebook or any other social media platform that we have no control over.

To me, as a common citizen, all of this is frightening.  

Social media is censoring our speech, search engine results are being manipulated

to keep us in the dark, certain people are being blacklisted because of their opinions 

or political beliefs, with some platforms going so far as to shut down the President

of the United States of America. 

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Trump, if they can shut down the president 

what chance does a regular person have of expressing their opinions?  What has 

happened to our Constitutional right to freedom of speech when we can be shut

down for any minor infraction, and they won't even tell us what we've done.

And then you hear whispers that foreign agents have infiltrated many of these

corporations and that they are behind these decisions, that foreign governments

have wined and dined members of our news media, and that Americans aren't

really in control anymore.

https://thenationalpulse.com/news/exc-ccp-journalism-exchange-program-to-enhance-understanding/

It's like being in the Twilight Zone.

All of this is scary as f*ck. 

❤️

What about people using the term "Black Twitter" as if it's a separate and Black owned social media platform?

That's what I thought when I first heard the term.

I kept hearing Black people say "Black Twitter is doing this"  and  "Guess who's trending on Black Twitter".

I was looking for a way to SIGN UP for Black Twitter and a friend told me, that's just the name for the Black community OF Twitter....lol

But the way so many negroes kept saying it made it seem as if it was somehow owned and operated by us.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

But the way so many negroes kept saying it made it seem as if it was somehow owned and operated by us.

That's so funny because I thought that as well. 

I thought that it was an actual thing and if not, maybe they were referring to

Lipstick Alley or something.  

We don't have a Black social media platform, but we have Troy's forum,

and thank God for that.  

BTW @Troy if you read this, I love this forum software, it works really smooth.

I always think of that girl on the old forum that said your software was bootleg.

Remember that?

❤️

• Thanks 1

I agree, Troy runs an excellent forum.
It's one of the things that has kept me on here for years.

I've said over and over again that I'm surprised it doesn't do more traffic since social media is so restrictive and is so quick to ban people.

With all of the forums on this one site....
What's stopping people from signing up, starting a thread and then posting back and forth on it like a chat room?
Only difference is it may be a little slower to submit comments.

I haven't seen any limits on the pages of a thread...people could potentially have a thread full of a thousand posts.

I don't have to worry and say "Blk" instead of "Black" or "Wht"  instead of "White" or avoid saying the word "vaccine" for fear of it getting caught up in some algorithm

Plus, unlike Twitter or Youtube...where some unknown figure is sending you warnings and stikes....you can easily just e-mail Troy about a problem.

But many of our people love to follow the crowd.
They love to go where the "action" is and follow their friends around.

• Like 2