Delusions or Hope

@Delano

9 hours ago, Delano said:

If you no longer had delusions would you also lack hope?

If you no longer had hopes would you lack delusions? Sometime hopes come into fruitions. If you hope your delusions return and they do, then....???

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

🤔  I'm not delusional.....so I wouldn't know.

You're deluded about your infallibility.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Delano said:

If you no longer had delusions would you also lack hope?

This is kind of like the chicken/egg question.

A delusion is believing in something that isn't real; a hope is an

expectation, a desire for something that you want.

Is a person deluded if they hope for a particular outcome?  

Who knows.  

I use visualization to manifest my desired results, while continuing 

to be hopeful and also working towards my goals. 

This has worked well for me over the years.

@Delano Can you tell us what is going on with you. 

Why are you asking this?

Are you okay?

picgifs-hearts-9460196.gif

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

YOU'RE deluded about me having that belief....lol.

You're too deluded to realize you're deluded.

2 hours ago, Mzuri said:

I use visualization to manifest my desired results, while continuing 

to be hopeful and also working towards my goals. 

This has worked well for me over the years

@Mzuri from Cynique: There is a difference between delusions and visualizations. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cynique said:

If you no longer had hopes would you lack delusions? Sometime hopes come into fruitions. If you hope your delusions return and they do, then....???

One of the participants brought this up in a discussion group. The other members agreed. I think you are right it's an easier process to lose hope than see your delusions.

Would you differentiate between hope, plans, goals and objectives?

That depends on whether you are conscious they are delusions, if not it is just hope. I came across a clip about thinking. It said logical thinkers tend to be more serious. Like I can't imagine Socrates being much fun at a party. Unless they are giving out shots of hemlock.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mzuri said:

Is a person deluded if they hope for a particular outcome?  

Who knows.  

No because you don't feel as though you are being delusional. The difference between genius and madness is results

"The difference between insanity and genius is success." – Jonathan Price December 15, 2014

Verbal Selfie. The difference between a superstition and a belief. Is like the difference between a fire extinguisher and the ocean. The ocean can cool you off, it can relax you and it can feed you. A fire extinguisher is a substitute until the fire fighters arrive. Delano Strachen October 4, 2014

The question I ask myself. How can I tell the difference between a limit and a limitation. Delano Strachen May 4, 2014

Verbal Selfie. Opportunities exist in time. It's like a train. Which is why timing is everything. So if you got rid of the physical aspect of the train, what remains is transport. Missing the train or the boat has new meaning. So following the analogy you can't miss them because you didn't buy a ticket. You are unprepared. Or you arrived late. There is a difference between opportunity and fantasy. Your choice. I have to catch some different vehicles. Delano Strachen March 30, 2015.

@Mzuri thanks for asking. I was searching for the quote on Facebook to answer you. What I found was the above quotes, which span a period of almost a year. Which was a transitional period between two major shifts in my life. That period being different from what came before and what followed after it was over. So it was a question  that took me 7 years to resolve. 

Am I okay? I don't have a one word answer. Do you prefer a short. medium or realy loooong answer?

5 hours ago, Cynique said:

Pioneer is not delusional he doesn't believe he is right he thinks that he is right. I would say  of his positions are irrational yet logical, since they have an egocentric consistency.

5 hours ago, Mzuri said:

A delusion is believing in something that isn't real; a hope is an

expectation, a desire for something that you want.

You can also be hopeful for something that you will never attain

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

YOU'RE deluded about me having that belief....lol.

Cynique is not delusional, she can only be mistaken. since she is not emotional invested in the truth of her statement. I would say Cynique is disinvested in Pioneer.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Delano said:

Am I okay? I don't have a one word answer. Do you prefer a short. medium or realy loooong answer?

Thank you for your detailed replies. 

It doesn't matter to me how long your answer is, I was asking

in case you were about to jump off a ledge or something.

picgifs-hearts-9460196.gif

Cynique

You're too deluded to realize how clearly I see your motives...lol.
Or so forward and bold, you WANT me to.

Delano

I would say  of his positions are irrational yet logical, since they have an egocentric consistency.

Can you give us an example of an irrational position that I take?

But who's to say what will "never" be attained?

Never is a long time for something to NOT occur in.

Cynique is not delusional, she can only be mistaken. since she is not emotional invested in the truth of her statement. I would say Cynique is disinvested in Pioneer.

Well if she spends this much time trying to psycho-analyze someone she's disinvested in....imagine the focus and dedication she'll give when she finally finds her niche...lol.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

Well if she spends this much time trying to psycho-analyze someone she's disinvested in....imagine the focus and dedication she'll give when she finally finds her niche...lol.

i repeat: you are deluded in that you have convinced yourself that I have ulterior motives and am spending my time psycho-analysing you. Delano is right when he says you have an egocentric consistency.

Cynique

i repeat: you are deluded in that you have convinced yourself that I have ulterior motives and am spending my time psycho-analysing you. Delano is right when he says you have an egocentric consistency.

And Delano was also right when he said:

1. You can only be mistaken

2. You're not invested in the truth of your statements

Now STOP.
You're interrupting my "zombie movie" time going back and forth with you...lol

19 hours ago, Delano said:

I hope that people can objectively see themselves and act accordingly.

If your hope is for someone else to reach a goal. Then it is something you will never attain, since you are neither the subject or the object. This subtlety of this statement is invisible to the practical or myopic thinker.

3 hours ago, Delano said:
23 hours ago, Delano said:

If your hope is for someone else to reach a goal. Then it is something you will never attain, since you are neither the subject or the object. This subtlety of this statement is invisible to the practical or myopic thinker.

What discipline is this that you are advancing?  Who or what is the source of it?  Are the words "hope' and "wish" interchangeable? And i emphasize  the concept of words as components of language which when used to to describe emotions can be an inexact science.  "Myopia" aside, I am going through my "the only absolute truth is that there is no absolute truth" phase.

• Like 1

👍  I agree absolutely!

Cynique

Stop disrupting Delano's thread with your nonsense and act ACCORDINGLY!
This is for INTELLIGENT discussion, not foolishness!

Now.......

If HOPE is the "it" you're talking about....then they don't have to attain it...they already HAVE it.

@DelanoI think this is a many faceted subject that can be further explored.  Semantics and metaphysics are always components of my approach.  I think you can energize the act of hoping for something to happen to someone else. and this can reap results. And, again, what is the difference between wishing and hoping? 

Where's my boy, Troy?  I'm waiting for his input.

11 hours ago, Cynique said:

What discipline is this that you are advancing?

Discipline isn't popular. 

11 hours ago, Cynique said:

Who or what is the source of it?

Hope seems more inspirational and wish seems more magical. Religion gives hope genii give wishes. 

I am not certain if reality is objective. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cynique said:

@DelanoI think this is a many faceted subject that can be further explored.  Semantics and metaphysics are always components of my approach.  I think you can energize the act of hoping for something to happen to someone else. and this can reap results. And, again, what is the difference between wishing and hoping? 

Oxford definition hope

1A feeling of expectation and desire for a particular thing to happen.

1.1count noun A person or thing that may help or save someone.

1.2Grounds for believing that something good may happen

A desire or hope for something to happen.

‘the union has reiterated its wish for an agreement’

Oxford definition wish
     1.1     usually wishes An expression of a desire, typically in the form of a request or instruction.
              ‘she must carry out her late father's wishes’
     1.2     An invocation or recitation of a hope or desire.
               ‘he makes a wish’
     1.3     usually wishes An expression of a hope for someone's success, happiness, or welfare.
               ‘the Queen had sent her best wishes for a speedy recovery’
               More example sentences
      1.4A thing that is or has been wished for.

Merriam-Webster definition hope

1a: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfillment came in hopes of seeing you
        also : expectation of fulfillment or success
         no hope of a cure
         when they were young and full of hope
     b: someone or something on which hopes are centered
          our only hope for victory
    c : something desired or hoped for    
           great hopes for the coming year
     2archaic : TRUST, RELIANCE

Merriam-Webster definition wish   

1a: an act or instance of wishing or desire : WANT
a wish to travel
b: an object of desire : GOAL
2a: an expressed will or desire : MANDATE
b: a request or command couched as a wish
3: an invocation of good or evil fortune on someone.

Grimoire were books of magic, and the translation into English is Grammar. So you are on the right track. Spells rhyme because it makes them easier to rremember and it creates a connection with the Spell caster. The other component to magic is having a strong will and a focused mind. @Cynique this is why I call you an unconscious Magician. Without knowing the precepts you live by them. The other thing is that being a practitioner of magic makes you charismatic. However you strike me as someone that requires more than surface adoration.

@DelanoAll I know is that I have a compulsion to question everything.  Being a polemicist is in my DNA. Thank you for indulging my curiosity. You, yourself, are perhaps the definition of a modern day oracle. I would just add that we are a society that tends to combine the old platitude about "hope springing eternal in the human breast" with the "power of positive thinking" slogan. 

Btw. Jupiter is boldly on display in the autumnal sky along side the full moon.  🤩

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cynique said:

Thank you for indulging my curiosity. You, yourself, are perhaps the definition of a modern day oracle.

My curiosity and desire to have answer led me to the esoteric, then divination and then mapping time.  When I was a preteen I used to have my mail addressed to   Argyle Strachen. Thirty years later I was working in The Argyle Oracle, a New Age shop that employed psychics. I told the owner I used to call myself Argyle, she said I precognitised where I would be in the future. I later found out that the word oracle can the person, the place or the prophetic utterance.

Jupiter in Astrology is considered the greater benefic and the planet of optimism and expansion. The Moon represents feelings and the public especially women and the breasts. So it is interesting that you write hope springs eternal in the human breast. Once again you are making a multivalent comment that you are unaware of it's correspondence.

I don't feel hopeful, however I do believe in Magic.

In Greek mythology, Cassandra was one of the princesses of Troy, daughter of Priam and Hecuba. According to the Myth, Cassandra was astonishingly beautiful and blessed with the gift of foreseeing the future. Her curse was that no one believed her, a fact that weighed heavily on the destruction of Troy during the Trojan War.

I tell my partner to call me Sandy

On 9/21/2021 at 11:41 AM, Cynique said:

@Troy would you like to comment?