Missing White Woman Syndrome - In Other Words, Joy Reid Doesn't Care About White Women

************************************************************************************

How can this awful woman make her absurd comments without any repercussions. 

Why hasn't she been fired?

MSNBC Joy Reid blasts focus on Gabby Petito 'missing white woman syndrome'

If she's so concerned about missing Black women, why doesn't she cover them

on her show?

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47iyc53nfcg6vkmtn6uv7

************************************************************************************

The remark was insensitive.
Especially considering that a young lady very likely has lost her life (and possibly the young men).

However she was making a much needed BROADER point about how this society and the media in specific places more value on the lives of White women than women of Color.

Thousands of Black and Brown women go missing year after year and you don't see the media turning  their cases into soap operas and teasing out the details to the public like they do in this case and other cases similar.

Injustice has it's consequences.
Showing favoritism to ONE child often inspires jealousy and resentment among the others.

I would have done it differently.

I would have featured several cases of missing Black girls ALONG WITH this high profile case to illustrate what has been missing in the mainstream media.

• Thanks 1

@Pioneer1

Greg Kelly on NewsMax features a Black person, usually a child, that was

killed by gun violence on every one of his shows.

Joy Reid has a huge platform but all she does is sit up there and bash the

deplorables instead of providing useful information or doing  something 

constructive.

If she cares so much about missing Black women, she should feature them

and shut her yap.  

I forgot, is she the one that's your tootsie roll?

picgifs-hearts-1599354.gif

• Haha 1

Mzuri

Greg Kelly on NewsMax features a Black person, usually a child, that was killed by gun violence on every one of his shows.

I haven't seen it but if racist Greg Kelly is reporting on it, it CAN'T be any good for us no matter how pretty he's wrapping it up as.

He's probably doing it as a "sneak diss" to really make Black people look like violent thugs who kill innocent children.

Kind of like how they talk about Chicago.

They'll do a story about how the "poor residents" of Chicago have to constantly put up with out of control violence.
Which is true.
But they don't do the story because they feel sorry for the Black residents, but as negative propaganda to portray Black people as violent criminals.

I forgot, is she the one that's your tootsie roll?

Well....she's ONE of them, lol.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

I haven't seen it but if racist Greg Kelly is reporting on it, it CAN'T be any good for us no matter how pretty he's wrapping it up as.

He's probably doing it as a "sneak diss" to really make Black people look like violent thugs who kill innocent children.

Kind of like how they talk about Chicago.

Why is he a racist?  Where is your evidence?

I have proof that your girl is a racist because she doesn't care that a white

woman went missing and was found murdered in the woods. 

She even said so.  

thatsracist.gif

Mzuri

Why is he a racist?  Where is your evidence?

Well first of all Greg Kelly is on NEWSMAX....lol....an ultra-right wing news channel.
That right there is enough evidence that he's a racist.

And saying that being on a right-wing news channel doesn't necessarily make him racist...is like saying a man standing in a Ku Klux Klan robe with a torch in his and doesn't necessarily make HIM racist either...lol.

Secondly....
Most right-wing conservatives CLAIM to support the troops....our soldiers.
But all of a sudden when it came to that Black Latino officer who was pulled out of his car and assaulted IN UNIFORM down in Virginia....all of a sudden him being an officer in the miitary didn't matter and he claimed he got what he deserved:

Obviously these racists don't care about "supporting the troops" and "respecting the uniform"....when a BLACK MAN is in it.
Nor do they care about violation or rights and a "police state" as long as Black people are being harassed.

I have proof that your girl is a racist because she doesn't care that a white

woman went missing and was found murdered in the woods. 

Those weren't her exact words but...there's a difference between being RACIST and COUNTER-RACIST.
A racist starts the problem.
A counter-racist is REACTING TO the problem that was started BY the racist initially.
She was offering a counter racist perspective by pointing out the injustices of how missing Black girls are treated in favor of White girls and to address the issue.

To say she's a racist for POINTING OUT the injustices of racism...is like calling a woman a sexist for POINTING OUT the injustices of the Taliban on women.

19 hours ago, Mzuri said:

If she's so concerned about missing Black women, why doesn't she cover them

on her show?

Exactly.  Quite bi*ching about what white people won't do for us.  Maybe the people Reid works for will not let her cover missing Black women.

I'd image other white women go missing all the time.  Why was THIS white women the center of so much media attention?

As far as the guy being pulled over -- I did not listen to the whole video, but I know media is now very biased in the way these interactions are reported.  

It is not unreasonable to be expected to be pulled over driving around without tags on a car and it does not matter what you are wearing.  I'm not going to try to assess the racial motivations of the officers involves based upon either biased account.  

The best thing one can do when pulled over is to comply; the vast majority of officer and civilian interactions do not go viral on social and make national news for that reason.  The ones that do make national news usually involves a civilian not complying with the officer's requests.

Troy

As far as the guy being pulled over -- I did not listen to the whole video, but I know media is now very biased in the way these interactions are reported.  

Perhaps if all cops would be fair and treat everyone with equal respect when pulling them over....the media wouldn't have any special cases to point out as an excuse to exercise their bias.

If the public is tired of seeing racism in the media....they should demand racists to stop BEING racist.
That would solve that problem, lol.

It is not unreasonable to be expected to be pulled over driving around without tags on a car and it does not matter what you are wearing.  I'm not going to try to assess the racial motivations of the officers involves based upon either biased account. 

The best thing one can do when pulled over is to comply; the vast majority of officer and civilian interactions do not go viral on social and make national news for that reason.  The ones that do make national news usually involves a civilian not complying with the officer's requests.

Well first of all....
Why are you pulling people over for non-violent crimes during a GLOBAL PANDEMIC???

Both George Floyd AND this Black military officer were pulled over by non-Black cops for non-violent relatively MINOR crimes and one ended up losing his life and the other almost.

For what?

In the middle of a GLOBAL PANDEMIC where people are dying everyday by the thousands, shouldn't the government HALT and FREEZE non-essential stops and contact with the public to prevent the spread of the virus?

Doesn't the local governments have MORE IMPORTANT things to do with their officers and resources like helping to save lives...instead of paying them to ride around like Starkey and Hutch harassing motorists over petty offenses?

And notice NONE of those officers who were involved in this incident or the George Floyd incident were wearing masks or actively trying to PREVENT the spread of the virus themselves.

Shows you how much they care.

image.jpeg.5e36126da94406ae3aec7209075aab11.jpeg

"You're being detained for....for....
Uh....
Not wearing a mask or social distancing!!"

3 hours ago, Troy said:

So we should simply stop enforcing traffic laws?  Is that really your argument?

Well.....
Until the Pandemic is declared over....NON-DANGEROUS traffic crimes should be overlooked in my opinion.

If a person is weaving in and out of lane driving drunk...or speeding at 120 MPH...that's one thing, but.....expired plates and tags?

Seriously??????

People are dying by the THOUSANDS in the U.S. alone from the virus and you're using tax payer resources and pointing weapons at people over EXPIRED TAGS???

1 hour ago, Troy said:

It is not unreasonable to be expected to be pulled over driving around without tags on a car and it does not matter what you are wearing.  I'm not going to try to assess the racial motivations of the officers involves based upon either biased account.  

The best thing one can do when pulled over is to comply; the vast majority of officer and civilian interactions do not go viral on social and make national news for that reason.  The ones that do make national news usually involves a civilian not complying with the officer's requests.

***************************************************************************************

I didn't follow this particular story very closely, it is my understanding that the

soldier did not pull over for quite some time, and then he didn't follow police

instructions and that is a sure way to have problems with the po-po.

@Pioneer1  I missed the part about him being assaulted. 

I think he got sprayed for being a jerk, talking back and not obeying commands.  

And I know your response will be all about freedom of speech.  No, when you 

are dealing with the police you need to STFU.  

I live in a mostly Hispanic people area and I have a friend who is Hispanic, he's

prominent in the community, an insurance agent with his own franchise. 

He told me that he was pulled over by Hispanic police officers and the police 

treated him like DIRT for no reason. 

Some police have got too much ego and testosterone going on and the 

citizens would be wise not to antagonize them further.  

Because police brutality can happen to ANYONE.

***************************************************************************************

Mzuri

1.  Being pepper sprayed is ASSAULT

2. Pointing a g*n at someone is a CRIME in some instances because it can scare the hell out of someone.
He wasn't armed or posing a threat, why was a deadly weapon pulled on him?

3. He was SNATCHED out of the vehicle (after being pepper sprayed) and THROWN to the ground...more ASSAULT

If you'd leave NewsMax and other rightwing propaganda channels alone and get your news from more objective sources, you probably would have known more about this case....lol.

It's not about "freedomed of speech"
it's not what he SAID that got him pulled over in the first place.

Further, what kind of third world DICTATORSHIP gets people pepper sprayed and have deadly weapons drawn on them simply for talking???

Isn't this the very POLICE STATE so many right-wing Conservative White dudes have been on television and radio crying about for the past 30 years?

Why is it not a problem all of a sudden now.

Joy Reid was wrong. And yes more attention should be paid to missing black and Latina women too. None of this has to be mutually exclusive. There's a right way and a wrong way to raise legitimate issues. More pressure needs to be applied to mainstream media outlets regarding this issue. At the same time we need a stronger independent black media for news and talk. Furthermore there needs to be more advocacy on behalf of black women. Sometimes our focus on racial and economic injustice is focused on black males. This is our fault as much as white people's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2021 at 3:36 PM, Mzuri said:

How can this awful woman make her absurd comments without any repercussions. 

Why hasn't she been fired?

Mark Simone of WOR radio Called Missing Blonde something. She spoke the Truth in a manner that gained attention. That’s what her job is.

On 9/22/2021 at 12:25 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Until the Pandemic is declared over....NON-DANGEROUS traffic crimes should be overlooked in my opinion.

Typically tearing down American civil society.

Kenneth

There's a right way and a wrong way to raise legitimate issues.

Exactly. 

You don't dismiss or make fun of ONE tragedy to draw attention to another.

As unfair and racist as this coverage is....
The fact is, Black media should have BEEN focusing on missing Black men, women, and children anyway instead of complaining so much about what White folks are doing with the media outlets THEY own.

No one MADE Black bloggers and social media personalities spend more time beefing with eachother and gossiping than focusing on issues that REALLY matter to our community, they CHOSE to focus on that for the ratings or out of sheer lack of concern. 
But now want to get mad at White folks for looking after their own.

Daniel

Typically tearing down American civil society.

Something has to EXIST FIRST before you can tear it down.
When was this society "civil"?    

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

As unfair and racist as this coverage is....
The fact is, Black media should have BEEN focusing on missing Black men, women, and children anyway instead of complaining so much about what White folks are doing with the media outlets THEY own.

No one MADE Black bloggers and social media personalities spend more time beefing with eachother and gossiping than focusing on issues that REALLY matter to our community, they CHOSE to focus on that for the ratings or out of sheer lack of concern. 
But now want to get mad at White folks for looking after their own.

Who kidnapped @Pioneer1? This replacement is making sense. 

20 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Something has to EXIST FIRST before you can tear it down.
When was this society "civil"?    

He’s back 🤣

Daniel

Who kidnapped @Pioneer1? This replacement is making sense. 

Nobody

I spent some time at the Larry Elder University.
I took a few courses in "Criticizing Negro Behavior 101"

You know you Black Conservatives are GOOD for that, lol.

He’s back 

And he's BLACK....by popular demand.

This latest situation with Gabby has been on the news every day.  Reminds me of Lacy Peterson and Chandra Levy.   

Whenever they find Brian, dead or alive, do not expect the cameras to be turned off.  Look forward to The Next 48, a movie and a book. 😎