Plenty of People Sign Up, but Few Participate in These Forums

In a recent conversation started by a guest poster@Pioneer1 chose provide a detailed response, because he did not want to waste time with someone who would likely never respond. 

Pioneer's reaction got me thinking.  Plenty of people actually create accounts, but the vast majority of these folks never participate.  I appreciate some of the new accounts many be spammers (and I ban some of these straight away it they look super suspicious), but there are still plenty, like most of the ones shown below, who have recently signed up, but never post.

I've been trying to figure out why.  There are thousand of people who have signed for these forums.  A couple of years ago I emailed everyone to remind them about their accounts, but that had no impact on participation.

Why would anyone take the time to create an account here and never post?  I never could figure that one out.  Anyone have ideas or suggestions?

new-ids.gif

@Troy

People are shy.

People just want to lurk.  

People don't have anything interesting to say.

People have too many social media/forum accounts already.

Who knows.

What happened to all the old-timers from Thumpers?

Have you been in touch with any of them?

Speaking of which, can you please credit my account with my forum posts 

from over there?

Thanks.

picgifs-bears-5699441.gif

I am in groups some have a few thousand members others have a few hundred, including an Astrology group I started. 

In all of those groups post are generated by a handful of people. And perhaps ten that will comment. Every so often a new person will have a one off comment.

We used to be a TV nation, now it's screen world. For the majority of people life is a spectator sport.

Troy

In a recent conversation started by a guest poster, @Pioneer1 chose provide a detailed response, because he did not want to waste time with someone who would likely never respond. 

And that was a truthful emotional response I gave.

I already don't like wasting time and energy giving people knowledge who aren't listening, and the older I get....the less I like it.

Like Cynique said, I am a big egotistical...lol...I want my words recognized.

I have other things to do and concern myself with than giving knowledge to someone who doesn't respect or appreciate what I have to say enough to dialog or comment on it.

These people get angry about something that happened to them, see a message board they can drop a whole page long RANT in, and two days later they've forgotten about what they posted and probably the site itself.

.....no longer wasting time with them.

I've been trying to figure out why.  There are thousand of people who have signed for these forums.  A couple of years ago I emailed everyone to remind them about their accounts, but that had no impact on participation.

Why would anyone take the time to create an account here and never post?  I never could figure that one out.  Anyone have ideas or suggestions?

Like you said a lot of them are spammers and trolls

But many of them are actually racists who sign up to get access to the site and certain information about the members they ordinarily wouldn't get as an unregistered member.

But the sad fact is bro...
A lot of people are just plain STUPID and can't think of enough intelligent words and ideas to maintain a conversation.

Get them angry and they can cuss you out and threaten you all day.  But to have a MEANINGFUL DIALOG....they don't have it in them.

Many are already stupid and social media just aggrevates their stupidity by giving them a quick way to express themselves.

Mzuri

Unlike most forms of social media where you communicate with only a few words and a lot of emojis......on forums like this you have to be able to actually THINK and FORMULATE sentences and paragraphs to communicate your ideas.
And you also have to READ....usually multiple paragraphs...other people's thoughts.

A lot of people today....especially a lot of young people....are too stupid to do that.
They don't have the intellect or the discipline to post a message beyond 10 words and a bunch of silly emojis.

On top of that..opposing ideas are EXCHANGED more on forums like this where we can swap notes, give eachother links, and other references to prove what we're saying.
MOst forms of social media don't allow that.  So it becomes an echo chamber of everyone in the room believing in the same thing...often lies.

22 hours ago, Mzuri said:

What happened to all the old-timers from Thumpers?

Shoot what happened to Thumper himself?

I dunno what happened to the rest of the old-timers

I do know after I transitioned the site from thumperscorner.com to aalbc.com, 11 years ago. and changed the software (a necessary change because of spammers) many regulars did not make the transition. 

This change also corresponded with the rise of social media, and we all know the data scientists and brain hackers have made these social media very addictive. Indie sites without these benefits really have a lot to contend with.

19 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

But many of them are actually racists who sign up to get access to the site and certain information about the members they ordinarily wouldn't get as an unregistered member.

Unregistered visitors get the same level of access to read content as registered visitors.  Maybe they do not know that, so they create an account.  You also can't "like" an unregistered guest's posts.

@Delano have you ever shared your astrology forum information here?

Guest Purple Crow

Not to be disrespectful but the forum seems kind of boring. I just registered looking for more avenues to specifically socialize with native Black Americans. We just need to create more interesting and diverse content and discussions.

Purple Crow

It's not boring, it's just slow from lack of participation.

Boring is when you're forced to participate in or endure something you really don't want to.  
Here you pretty much have OPEN RANGE to post what you want (except for Am*zon...lol) and talk about what you like for as much as you want.

The issue is lack of participation and imagination among many of our people who visit the forums.
A sad fact is a lot of our people don't have the intelligence to maintain respectful and enlightening discussions.  Many are limited to only a couple lines of emotion filled exchanges that can easily turn into insults with the slightest provocation.

Another issue I forgot to mention earlier is over sensitivity....

Troy got at me a few months ago for being to eager to debate new guests because a lot of people today (especially younger people) are easily triggered  and overly sensitive to the point they can't tolerate major differences of opinion or position on subjects...even when they ASK for it, lol.

I can think of several posters who weren't banned from the forum (not that I know of) but just got angry and LEFT because of personality clashes and disagreements over petty issues.
They get KICKED off of facebook or Youtube and beg for three weeks to get back on, but when it comes to a free message board where they can post and say what they like....get upset and march off slamming the door behind them.
Figure THAT shit out...lol

Social media provides the type of heavily censored and heavily regulated environment where if someone says something you don't like you can "run and tell" on them and get them blocked or banned or get their channel striked and taken down.

Most women and many men LOVE that type of environment.

Now, they don't like it when it happens to THEM!

You hear people coming on HERE crying about how they are in "facebook jail" and how they were banned from Twitter or this or that happened to them because they said one little "innocent" thing.  

They HATE to be censored and not have THEIR views heard.
But those same people LOVE to censor others and "delete" them from their environment if they have a disagreement.

Message boards..especially this one...aren't as trigger happy and a lot of people don't like that.  
They want to be able to point at a post they find offensive or point at someone and get them in trouble or get their words taken down.

Social media provides that type of environment.

I personally don't like that type of control or censorship....but apparently a lot of people love it and flock to it.

I participate on both forums AND social media and I can't recall the last time I "told on" someone and tried to get their posts taken down or get them kicked off a channel.  And I've had exchanges with racists and other kinds of people.

4 hours ago, Guest Purple Crow said:

Not to be disrespectful but the forum seems kind of boring.

LOL! This forum has been called a lot of things, but "boring" was never one of them.

56 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

It's not boring, it's just slow from lack of participation.

Yes forum participation has slowed in recent years, but that is different than being boring.  

4 hours ago, Guest Purple Crow said:

We just need to create more interesting and diverse content and discussions.

Yes but that takes some modicum of commitment from the participants.  Discussion and content do not materialize out of thin air people have to create this.

Far too often we, Black people, give wealthy white corporations all our information, time, engagement, and energy -- but can't find the time to join a conversations on a Black owned one.  Then complain there is not enough participation ... or say it is boring.

I used to have writers who would reject my payment for a book review -- only to give that same review away for free to the Huff Post, Amazon, or Goodreads?!   

The ideal is that more people will see the review on the corporate.  Which is true at the time, but image if all those reviews came to an AALBC.  Over the years AALBC would have grown and AALBC would pay those reviewers!  AALBC still pays reviewers but we publish far fewer books reviews than we would have if we got a fraction of the free content. Huff Post was able to get from Black writers.  

I wrote about digital share cropping years ago.  The same applies to Black people and where they choose to socialize.  The choice is simply socialize on Jeff's, Mark, or Jack's sites and keep making those guys super-duper-wealthy or hang out on Black-owned platforms and keep the money your community see where we can go.

We know Mark does not care about Black people -- shoot, he seemingly dose not really care about other white people.

@TroyWell, one man's opinionated dissertations are another man's boredom. In my current role as lurker, i tend to look for quick fixes, not long drawn out posts.  My  tendency is, of course, to challenge self-important pontificating, and this can lead to the bickering that may turn others off.  Maybe  posting a daily question, preferably a provocative one that would motivate the audience to chime in with the responses that would clearly be opinions rather than "misinterpreted facts".  There is nothing more inviting that a chance to volunteer advice about another person's dilemma. Or a chance to spout off about this "cancel culture" that has taken political correctness to the extreme.   Even encourage people to post pictures of themselves in interesting poses ala FaceBook. 😜

Btw, I'm FaceBook friends with some of the old crowd. Yukio, Yvette, Linda Watkins, Linda Chavez(Li-Li), A Woman, LambD, and my boy, Chris Burns. Deesha Philyaw (Ferocious Kitty) unfriended me after we clashed over my throwing shade on BLM. Thumper and Kola are on Facebook, but I'm not friends with them.  Who i would really like to track down is my lovable  ol adversary Chris Hayden.  I fear he's deceased.  Social media would really be his natural habitat but he's fallen off the radar! 😧

2 hours ago, Delano said:

Tipsyturvy has posted

Yeah I saw that.  She/He/They were one of two from the list I shared who went on to actually post.

@Cynique you may recall we lost a lot of folks after I had to move the site and change the software.  What do you think the reason was, was it really just a prefect storm of  change in software and the rise of social? 

Thumper stopped participating as well.  He provided the spark needed for the book forum, but the book forum, even at it's height, was never as popular as this "Culture, Race, and Economy" forum.  Which I only created because people always strayed away from discussing books.  Tody the only posters are me a the drive-by authors who post ads for the books or who ae looking for a review.  They don't take the time to appreciate that I give regular posters the "hook up."

Chris Hayden is a published author I'll look out for him.

Interestingly I've met most of the old timers in the real world but a few other I know nothing about.

Thumper had not posted on his account in years the last time I looked.

Kola and Linda Watkins I've seen  most often in the real world, as they are both writers and encounter them at events I both in different cities.  Kola even came to one of my Black Pack Parties (Cynique you came to one too -- I wish I took more time to sit down and talk to you -- it seems so long ago now),   

Sorry to read you fell of with Deesha, she is probably the most critically acclaimed author to have regularly post here.  She won a National Book Award (the Academy Award of the book world.  You should feel honored for her to taken the time to unfriend you Cynique 😉   While Deesha moved on to Facebook.  She did donate several autographed books to the website 🙂

I miss all the others, but you know who was one of my faves, that Cynique did not mention, from the old days: @ABM.  He had a really keen and playful wit.  

@Pioneer1 I'm curious, do any of the names Cynique shared mean anything to you ... I mean do you recall ever engaging with them or are they all before your time? 

Troy

I bet if you started inviting more White people on this forum would be JUMPING...lol.

They may come on at first and start talking how much they know about Black authors and books since that's the theme of the site but pretty soon they'll be talking about books in general and inviting their buddies on, and pretty soon you won't have time to do anything else but manage the forums.

I'm not being hyperbolic...I'm serious.

Troy whether you believe me or not I've told you for over a couple years now EXACTLY what the problems are:

1. The sad fact is, many of our people no longer have the intellectual capability to hold intelligent discussions in the long term.
We had it in the past....before the mid-80s.

Look at Jet, Ebony, Black television and radio shows, ect....we had BRILLIANCE in our ranks.

But something happened to "sound" the intellect of much of Black America from the mid-80 until now and you are witnessing the effects of that steady decline.

I'm not suggesting you go out of your way to invite more Whites on by the way, I was just giving you an example of what the problem is.

As a man who is heavy into politics and social justice, it's sad to see how so many of our people can't hold an intelligent conversation about any topic without it devolving into insults, arguments, and eventually LEAVING for another camp....only for them to eventually encounter the same thing.

2. Most women...especially a lot of AfroAmerican women....don't care too much to post on sites where a man is running the show....especially a Black man...unless they got him in their hip-pocket.
They want to be able to "tell on" people they don't like and get them in trouble, or get posts they find offensive taken down.  Unless they have a guarantee of that type of oversight, many don't feel comfortable in that environment.

You would think being a lenient moderator would ATTRACT more people but in today's climate it's often the OPPOSITE.
Many people....especially women....prefer a more dictatorial "fiefdom" type of environment.

do any of the names Cynique shared mean anything to you ... I mean do you recall ever engaging with them or are they all before your time?

The only people she mentioned that I know of are Chris Burns and Kola Boof

I used to engage with CD Burns quite a bit when he was in THIS forum but that was years ago and I saw he posted a few times on another forum and vanished.

I've heard of Kola Boof from OUTSIDE of this forum because she was in the news a lot from being harassed by Arabs for her political and social views.  I think she ran around calling herself  Bin Laden's mistress if I'm not mistaken.
Dialoging with her probably would have been interesting.

I WISH I had gotten to know a "Ferocious Kitty" though..😝

You may have to track her down and bring her back on the set, lol.

@Troy I think you're probably right about a lot of things coming together to bring about the dwindling participation on this site.  i was hesitant myself when you changed the format.  I thought it took away some of the intimacy.  But all good things must come to an end. For a brief moment in time we all shared something special and unique, then it all dissipated. Before Ferocious Kitty (Deesha) gained fame, she and i met for lunch when she was in Chicago for some event, and we had a somewhat interesting engagement before  she ended up sticking me with the $50 tab because her fiancee never showed up to bail her out. Yvette and I also met for lunch when she was in Chicago.  She is one of my favorite people and  our afternoon was much more fun. And, before she went ape on me, Kola and I briefly corresponded during this period as did Chris Hayden and I as well as me and "A Woman". My brief encounters with all of them broadened me.  My participation in that forum back then was a new experience for somebody who was past her prime.  It rejuvenated me and was a great diversion for someone who had recently retired and was new to the Internet. 'Will always be grateful to you for providing an outlet that allowed me to spread my wings and be something other than a wife and a mother. And of course i  can't overlook the book collaboration with you and Mzuri that never panned out. LOL And where is Mel?  I miss her!  Lotsa luck with tracking Chris Hayden.  I explored all avenues with no results.  He's from St. Louis, btw.    

• Like 3

On 9/23/2021 at 7:30 PM, Pioneer1 said:

And that was a truthful emotional response I gave.

I already don't like wasting time and energy giving people knowledge who aren't listening, and the older I get....the less I like it.

You emotional? 🤣 It would have never crossed my mind. 89 percent of your responses are MiniSeries length.

I would say a good number of the people were people like myself looking for a place to highlight my writing ✍️. They really weren’t looking for a place to socialize. 

21 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Most women...especially a lot of AfroAmerican women....don't care too much to post on sites where a man is running the show....especially a Black man...unless they got him in their hip-pocket.
They want to be able to "tell on" people they don't like and get them in trouble, or get posts they find offensive taken down.  Unless they have a guarantee of that type of oversight, many don't feel comfortable in that environment.

I am laughing and shaking my head at the same time. It’s maniacal and frightening at the same time.

On 9/25/2021 at 4:34 PM, Troy said:

The ideal is that more people will see the review on the corporate.  Which is true at the time, but image if all those reviews came to an AALBC.  Over the years AALBC would have grown and AALBC would pay those reviewers!  AALBC still pays reviewers but we publish far fewer books reviews than we would have if we got a fraction of the free content. Huff Post was able to get from Black writers.  

What is the objective of Book Reviews? What is the benefit the reviewer gets out of them? What is the  benefit writer’s get out of them? It’s most likely a question of the number of eyeballs.

@Cynique I'm glad you got a chance to actually meet some of the participants in real life.

@Pioneer1 you are probably correct about women and moderation style.  The vast majority of time it was a woman asking me to moderate some else another woman wrote.  I would always advise that they simply not take something the person said personally and if they could not do that to simply ignore them.  They usually could never do this and they always left. 

People love the idea of taking the action of "Blocking" or "unfriending" someone.  It is usually women who boast about this;  "Yeah I had to unfriend her, she keeps getting on my nerves."  You don't hear guys talk like this.  I'm sure the pinheads at Facebook completely understand this psychology and have exploited it.

As far as our collective intelligence.  I always pushed back against this idea, but I think you may be right one some level.  The evidence of the information contained in Ebony is prime example.  I also know people are more attracted with optics over substance. This is killing us...

17 hours ago, Delano said:

You're like crack for the mind

She has a crack mind.

22 hours ago, Cynique said:

Will always be grateful to you for providing an outlet that allowed me to spread my wings and be something other than a wife and a mother.

Please Cynique, your contributions were, and are, invaluable here.  The site is useless without people like you -- period. 

My motivation for the book was to capture some of the exchanges and bring it to a new and difference audience.  I still think it is a good idea, I just never really truly had the time to manage the project. It would be easier to get off the ground today.

You can always @Mel Hopkins she comes through periodically and would be happy to hear from you I'm sure.  I think you two would get along ITRW too 🙂

6 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

What is the objective of Book Reviews?

That is a good question, but outside the scope of this conversation.  I have started a new conversation on the Black Literature forum

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troy said:

You can always @Mel Hopkins she comes through periodically and would be happy to hear from you I'm sure.  I think you two would get along ITRW too 🙂

Yep!  I definitely missed @Cynique when she left; it was like losing a wise friend who was way more intelligent than me.   The sad part is I had to wean myself from her posting, and anyone who has experienced loss knows it's a process. And I got into a habit of not visiting as much. 

I'm so glad you've returned,@Cynique.

Thank you, @Troy , for tagging me. 

AALBC forum requires independent thinking.

Haven't you noticed the people who post here don't follow a script? Thinking outside of the program is a challenge, especially when the forum is not an echo chamber. The latter makes it hard for trolls and ditto heads.

The good news is the people who sign up want to throw away the "script." Maybe when they attempt to post, it makes them feel uncomfortable. For example, has the OP who wrote the AALBC forum is "boring" ever started a topic? If s/he hasn't - that indicates how intimidating this forum may be to some.

Still, I find it encouraging that a lot of people are signing up. Signing up on a literary website means people are ready for a new paradigm. Give them time. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

For example, has the OP who wrote the AALBC forum is "boring" ever started a topic?

No, "Guest Purple Crow" hasn't even created an account. 

2 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

Signing up on a literary website means people are ready for a new paradigm. Give them time. 

Perhaps.  I hope you are "write."  🙂

• Like 1

Daniel

I am laughing and shaking my head at the same time. It’s maniacal and frightening at the same time.

I believe it's true, based on my observations.

Troy

I haven't taken anyone I've met on a message board or social media SO seriously that I have to use an "ignore" app or and block out their posts just to tolerate the environment.

Looking past their content is enough for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delano said:

@Cyniqueyou are amazingly insightful except when it comes to self assessment. Your writing and thinking are both penetrating and luminous. And your peevishness is like balsamic vinegar on a salad. 

Au contraire.  l've always identified myself as "cynical". Hence my screen name.  The world is full of "Polly Annas" and "Mary Sunshines" and - too much sugar can be problematic in a well-balanced diet. I am admittedly hyper critical, but i give credit where credit is due, and have the utmost respect and appreciation for excellence. I also love wry humor, something there is, in my opinion, too little of in the current culture. That's why i love Chris Rock's raw satire. Wittiness has become a lost art. 

Cynique

Too bad i don't have anything of interest to say, which is why i'm not really altogether "back".

Since when did THAT stop you.....lol

Delano

First you said she's like crack on the brain...
Then she was like balsamic vinegar...
NOW you're claiming she's like the moon...

😆 I don't think you know whether you want to SMOKE her, EAT her, or just WALK all over her.....lol.

8 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Cynique

Too bad i don't have anything of interest to say, which is why i'm not really altogether "back".

Since when did THAT stop you.....lol

Delano

First you said she's like crack on the brain...

😆 I don't think you know whether you want to SMOKE her, EAT her, or just WALK all over her.....lol.

@peeonear: Just a sample of the MANY things you don't know or should even care to know -- if you had a life.  You don't even have the gumption to scroll past my posts like you said you were going to do. 

29 minutes ago, Cynique said:

@peeonear: Just a sample of the MANY things you don't know or should even care to know -- if you had a life.  You don't even have the gumption to scroll past my posts like you said you were going to do. 

************************************************************************************

Come on Cynique, as senior member these types of insults are beneath you.

image.gif.7ea986a97ef68a278a6af1474c88c9ba.gif

************************************************************************************

@Mzuri peonear said this to Delano about me:

"First you said she's like crack on the brain...

I don't think you know whether you want to SMOKE her, EAT her, or just WALK all over her.....lol."

I think my response to this was appropriate whether you, as peeonear's  caregiver, do or not.

14 minutes ago, Cynique said:

I think my response to this was appropriate whether you, as peeonear's  caregiver, do or not.

I read what he said, but it was @Delano who first said that you were like crack for

the mind, which is a compliment.  

And @Pioneer1 is just yanking your chain trying to be funny.  He says he’s old but 

I doubt he needs a caregiver yet.

It just makes things awkward when people argue, like that time we were all up all night

for the Mzuri vs. Kola battle of insults.  I have grown and mellowed since then.  

I am sorry your feelings were hurt but you know that everybody respects you here.

image.gif.8785143687b80060320f759e8d2d8477.gif

@MzuriOooh puleeze! My feelings weren't hurt. My juices were salivating for a good exchange of insults because it doesn't matter whether folks make malicious remarks to me or about me. So i yanked your favorite blow hard's chain; much to your distress.poor baby. 

Plus, i notice you don't bite your tongue when you get impatient with some of the other posters on here.  Awkward, be damned.

So, if you're lookin for everybody to clasp hands and sing a chorus of Kombaye, count me out. (You should know me better than that!) BTW, those volatile exchanges with Kola were actually fun to me. 

Also this site is no longer known as "Cynique's Corner".  It is an public forum and as a lurker, i feel no obligation to be the house mother here. I'll leave that role to you.   

>> 🌵<<

Cynique

You don't even have the gumption to scroll past my posts like you said you were going to do. 

🤔 When did I say I would do that?

Lol...why would I deprive myself from the cheap thrill of poking at you from time to time?

Mzuri

I read what he said, but it was @Delano who first said that you were like crack for
the mind, which is a compliment.

MAYBE he meant it as a compliment.

If someone told ME I was like "crack on their brain" I'd be insulted, lol.

And @Pioneer1 is just yanking your chain trying to be funny.  He says he’s old but 
I doubt he needs a caregiver yet.

Now WAIT a minute....
I said I was OLDER...but I don't recall calling myself "old"...lol

I consider myself a well SEASONED man.

image.jpeg.ab9df54b6e70e7864f50ac2ce55b9131.jpeg

"Sho' ya right........"

• Haha 1

On 9/28/2021 at 7:57 AM, Cynique said:

Too bad i don't have anything of interest to say

@Cynique,  I was recently thinking the same! The older I get, the less I have to say too. 

WHY IS THAT?  

I began to think about the elderly who have come before us - and they seem to disappear from the script.

However, the sad thing is that the young people are simply repeating the same damn things that everyone has said before us.

So, while I don't believe you have anything interesting to say - I think anything you would say would be off-script, and we sorely need those words. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cynique said:

My feelings weren't hurt. My juices were salivating for a good exchange of insults because it doesn't matter whether folks make malicious remarks to me or about me. So i yanked your favorite blow hard's chain; much to your distress.poor baby. 

Plus, i notice you don't bite your tongue when you get impatient with some of the other posters on here.  Awkward, be damned.

So, if you're lookin for everybody to clasp hands and sing a chorus of Kombaye, count me out. (You should know me better than that!) BTW, those volatile exchanges with Kola were actually fun to me. 

Also this site is no longer known as "Cynique's Corner".  It is an public forum and as a lurker, i feel no obligation to be the house mother here. I'll leave that role to you.   

You are nothing but a gooey marshmallow so stop trying to act like you're 

so tough.

I have hardly argued with anyone and haven't called anyone a name,

growing old has mellowed me out.

It was so much fun picking on Kola, she was always getting caught telling

her silly little tales trying to make herself seem important.

If you want your corner again, I'm sure Troy will give it to you.    

picgifs-roses-1817713.gif

On 9/28/2021 at 1:22 PM, Delano said:

@Cyniqueyou are amazingly insightful except when it comes to self assessment.

@Delano, it is called modesty, a characteristic that has been completely devalued in our current culture. 

12 hours ago, Mzuri said:

I am sorry your feelings were hurt but you know that everybody respects you here.

I’m actually surprised you saw it that way; you have been around long enough.  Cynique’s explanation stand on it is own so I won’t try to elaborate.

There was this poster that named @Sara that called @Cynique a “nigger bitch.” It was the first time I pulled a post AND cautioned a poster.

Cynique argued in Sara’s favor, but I pulled the post anyway. I probably would have let nigger or bitch, used separately slide, but both in the context Sara used them was simply beyond the pale and for no good reason. Sara, deleted all of her posts and never came back.

Aside from spammers there only other person’s posts I deleted on occasion and that was Kola Boof. I did not caution Kola because I knew it would be a waste of time 🙂

I did give her her own forum, as she gave @Thumper fits. He wanted her gone, but I would not boot her. Now both of them are long gone…

Both Kola and Thumper were great contributors to the forums, but for very different reasons, but they were like water and oil.

As @Pioneer1 says…

On 9/27/2021 at 8:13 PM, Pioneer1 said:

I haven't taken anyone I've met on a message board or social media SO seriously that I have to use an "ignore" app or and block out their posts just to tolerate the environment.

Looking past their content is enough for me.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

MAYBE he meant it as a compliment.

If someone told ME I was like "crack on their brain" I'd be insulted, lol.

Now WAIT a minute....
I said I was OLDER...but I don't recall calling myself "old"...lol

I consider myself a well SEASONED man.

To me, crack on the brain means you give them a jolt, make people think, enlighten 

people. Kind of like what happened when you smoked some crack, back in the day

when it was more coke than crap.

So how old are you anyway?  Enquiring minds want to know.

1 hour ago, Troy said:

I’m actually surprised you saw it that way; you have been around long enough.  

Cynique only pretends to be hard, when somebody here insults her, she probably sits

around hugging on her cat and crying in her spilt milk.

picgifs-cats-5662468.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mzuri said:

You are nothing but a gooey marshmallow so stop trying to act like you're 

so tough.

I have hardly argued with anyone and haven't called anyone a name,

growing old has mellowed me out.

It was so much fun picking on Kola, she was always getting caught telling

her silly little tales trying to make herself seem important.

If you want your corner again, I'm sure Troy will give it to you.    

@MzuriI wonder if you are serious or just devious.  No wonder you and Pioneer have such rapport.  Because you both conjure up false images of me in order to reinforce the incorrect conclusions you come up with. You resort to false flattery and psycho-babbo in a pathetic attempt to neutralize my contrariness. You are a pseudo Polly Anna.  And fyi I have no desire to be reinstated at the helm of this site.  i left voluntarily because i thought i was more of a liability than an asset due to the combative nature which so offends your sensibilities.  i have not mellowed with age. Sometimes I wish i had but the bitch endures. 

@Troy & Mel: Thanks for being perceptive enough to know where I'm coming from. 

Mel

I was recently thinking the same! The older I get, the less I have to say too. 

WHY IS THAT?  

Not that it applies to you, but it's called being SENILE...lol.
You might have HAD a lot say but by the time you got around to saying it...forgot half of it.

Mzuri

You are nothing but a gooey marshmallow so stop trying to act like you're so tough.

She's nothing but a soft gooooeeey.....something LOL.

Kind of like what happened when you smoked some crack, back in the day when it was more coke than crap.

Lol...I'm gonna leave THAT one alone.

So how old are you anyway?  Enquiring minds want to know.

;) I'm old ENOUGH to know what I'm doing.
How about that, lol.

Troy 

Oh?
Sara used the hard "er"???

That's highly uncharacteristic for most Black people to use against another.

Sara, deleted all of her posts and never came back.

Or atleast not under the name "Sara".

I've seen a couple suspicious posters though.

Cynique 

No wonder you and Pioneer have such rapport.  Because you both conjure up false images of me in order to reinforce the incorrect conclusions you come up with. 

Lol, woman can you atleast TRY not to appear so jealous???

I mean.....
I'm sitting here feelingsorry for you...because you're so obvious.

Just BOTHERED...lol

😝 Can you have enough RESPECT for yourself to atleast PRETEND not to be so jealous of another female poster giving me attention?

Take it step by step...day by day...it'll be alright....MAYBE.

23,861 Angry Woman Black Stock Photos and Images - 123RF

"What the hell she talking to HIM for???
Why she doin' all that?
She ain't gotta say nothing to him!
Grrrrrr...."

@peeonear: Oh, stfu.  You just proved everything i said about you with your silly illustrations, made-up lies and the wishful thinking that pollutes your warped imagination. Mel and Chevdove are my girls, and Mzuri and I  go waaay back, so i aint mad at her. She means well. She just has bad judgment  when it come to adopting mutts like you.  i don't have any rank or status on this board so your accusation about me feeling threatened by other women who sign on here is your desperate attempt to portray me as being insecure  about a position that i relinquished and  your  being worthy of my jealousy. Dream on, you dufus wanna-be.  Come get him, Mzuri, his diaper needs changing.  

🤣👉 image.jpeg.ab9df54b6e70e7864f50ac2ce55b9131.jpeg    (💩)   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cynique

I see you fell in love....lol.....you gooey thing you.

But that doesn't look like the type of brutha who'd hang out all night with you, gazing and howling at the moon, and lettting your cat shed hair all over his finely taylored clothes.

image.jpeg.ab9df54b6e70e7864f50ac2ce55b9131.jpeg

"Do I look like I came here to
howl at the moon, or be
molested by your funky ass cat?
Get ya mind right, honey..."

3 hours ago, Delano said:

You have plenty to say, but not being heard is exhausting.

OMG! You just read me like a book …and you probably don't even know how deep it goes but this is truthdotcom! It is exhausting - especially when I have to stifle the " I told you so" in the aftermath.  And yes, as a journalist, I'm used to other people's words LOL!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

But that doesn't look like the type of brutha who'd hang out all night with you, gazing and howling at the moon, and lettting your cat shed hair all over his finely taylored clothes.

A critical thinker would never make such a stupid statement inasmuch as i am 88 years old and wouldn't expect a fine young man to want want to hang out with me, Dummy. And there's no way, under any circumstances would I want to be in YOUR company. 🥸 While scrolling through the gallery of stock photos of  black men to misrepresent you, why didn't you choose somebody who doesn't  look like a left over from the 1970s, reeking with Hai Karati cologne. Definitely not my type if i was still  on the market. which  i'm not.  I got visions of my husband to get me through the night.  You still humping blow-up dolls? 

398622233_Andrewsmiling.jpg.ca26231db1d3945932506e8dc8005b02.jpg Hey, baby.  Miss you much. See ya soon.   😚

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cynique said:

A critical thinker would never make such a stupid statement inasmuch as i am 88 years old and wouldn't expect a fine young man to want want to hang out with me, Dummy. And there's no way, under any circumstances would I want to be in YOUR company. 🥸 While scrolling through the gallery of stock photos of  black men to misrepresent you, why didn't you choose somebody who doesn't  look like a left over from the 1970s, reeking with Hai Karati cologne. Definitely not my type if i was still  on the market. which  i'm not.  I got visions of my husband to get me through the night.  You still humping blow-up dolls? 

😴

3 hours ago, Cynique said:

398622233_Andrewsmiling.jpg.ca26231db1d3945932506e8dc8005b02.jpg Hey, baby.  Miss you much. See ya soon.   😚

👍Respect

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Delano said:

I listen to what is said , what is felt , and what sometimes isn't spoken verbally.

@Delano: I can dig that.  Very Zen...all about spaces and pauses...the impact and subtleness of silence...the sound of one hand clapping...reading between the lines,  The power of silence is a discipline i'm learning late in life.   it figures that you and Mel are on the same wave length.  i forgot that you 2 pronounced yourselves to be gemini twins. Mel and Del.   

• Like 1

Hello all.  I just discovered this forum a couple weeks ago. Very cool space brotha Troy has created👍

In that time, I've read through some of the topics to get a "lay of the land" especially among the most active participants. 😁

I'm glad to see the exchange of dialog; opinions and ideas shared here.   Hopefully, I can add my 2 cents as well. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2