Update Jacob Blake August 23, 2020

Update Jacob Blake August 23, 2020

210827102959-03b-jacob-blake-one-year-la

It’s been just over a year. On the one hand, I am elated that this young man did not die! I am so happy to know that he is getting medical attention, can stand up and possibly walk again due to the physical therapy and other medical attention he has been given. But on the other hand, it hurts to know that he has had to go through this ordeal all because of charges that began with a domestic dispute and other related charges. I call this kind of American justice a continual need of ‘Policing the Reformed Slave Yard’, Policing the DOS-Slaves from Black-on-Black rage’. This seems to be our American fate. Jacob’s predicament becomes a product of domestic disputes that became justified and monitored under American law and law actions that continued to pile up against him in court procedures as he continued to interrelate with Black women, and one in particular, that had a child with him and obviously some issues came to be a contention. So due to this type of contention and a girlfriend who phoned the police about Jacob coming to the birthday party of one of his children, this opportunity became used to justify the decision of a police officer to shoot Jacob multiple times in the back. And after investigation, that police officer, Shesky, was not found guilty at all, and as of April 2021, he has returned to full active duty. Now, I ask myself, had this been a domestic conflict between a White couple, would a police officer open fire on a White man shooting him seven times in the back? Should that police officer be cleared completely? Should he be allowed to return to full active duty?

210827175610-03-jacob-blake-one-year-lat

“Yeah, I’m here, and yeah I’m about to be walking, but I really don’t feel like I

have survived because it could happen to me again,” Blake says. “I have not

survived until something has changed.”

Today Blake is proud to even be able to stand, much less walk.

Jacob Blake Speaks Out 1 Year Later: ‘I Have Not Survived Until Something Has Changed’ | Chicago News | WTTW

AP20245808637901-900x600.jpg

Trump and Biden visit Kenosha

_______________________________________________________________________________________________ 

But I wonder how other people feel about this. I wonder how Black people feel about this. I am bothered. I am so indifferent. On the one hand, I do believe that the slave yard needs to be policed by overseers, but on the other hand, I am in a state of depression. I wonder how Black women feel about this need to police Black Americans. I know how it feels to be absolutely vulnerable as the result of negative behaviors of Black men. However, I also think about our American justice system and, I find it so strange that I never hear Black women speaking of mistreatment from non-Black men. Slavery and slave rapes went on for hundreds of years… Can the effects of that be completely corrected? Do we view police officers as our deliverers, our heroes? I do not hear any significant Black woman rage against the mis-treatment from non-Black men or the historical mistreatment from our slave masters and from giving birth to our half-breed offspring. We will go after the Black man in a flash but on the other hand, I contemplate the obvious fate of the dark practices of slave yard rape and of modern day single Black mothers of children sired from non-Black men that end up in the welfare programs of America but yet, I hear nothing about them in a courtroom battle.

Prosecutors have dropped a sexual assault charge against Jacob Blake,

the 29-year-old Black man who was shot seven times by a white police

officer outside a child's birthday party in Kenosha, Wisconsin in August.

The dropped charge stemmed from a May incident in which a woman

accused Blake of sexual assault. Prosecutors, however, acknowledged

they were eager to make the plea deal with Blake, largely because his accuser wasn’t cooperating.

Jacob Blake Secures Plea Deal, Sex Assault Charge Dropped | Crime News (oxygen.com)

2020-08-31T205357Z_1699084888_RC28PI905J

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad to see that our brother is up on his feet and seems to be recovering.

However I wonder does he feel like living, and going on?
Or is he doing it for his children?

A lot of people when they are severely injured don't want to keep on living and would rather just die than live in that condition.
It's often the loved ones around them that keep them holding on.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 1:04 PM, Pioneer1 said:

I'm glad to see that our brother is up on his feet and seems to be recovering.

A lot of people when they are severely injured don't want to keep on living and would rather just die than live in that condition.
It's often the loved ones around them that keep them holding on.

************************************************************************************

I swear you must be the most compassionate person I have ever seen on a forum 

and maybe even in life, but if this dude gave a care about his children he would

have gotten a job and taken care of them instead of beating on his babymamas

and instigating mess with the police.

I’m not saying he deserved to get shot but the way some of these guys carry on 

it’s like they want something bad to happen.  It’s as if they have a death wish.

image.gif.f247818a9bf0bf14ca632f4cfba23770.gif

************************************************************************************

On 9/25/2021 at 3:04 PM, Pioneer1 said:

This, I wonder too.

I read where he said that he was in a lot of pain for most of the time.

I deeply hope that he will get even better and NOT be in pain, nor have to take pain killers constantly.

On 9/29/2021 at 10:00 PM, Mzuri said:

but if this dude gave a care about his children he would

have gotten a job and taken care of them instead of beating on his babymamas

and instigating mess with the police.

I did not know that he did not have a job!

On 9/29/2021 at 10:00 PM, Mzuri said:

the way some of these guys carry on 

it’s like they want something bad to happen.  It’s as if they have a death wish.

I wonder about the 'male testosterone'. I wonder if it is a mix of ignorance, oppression, and male testosterone?

54 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

I did not know that he did not have a job!

@Chevdove

Who knows?

I know that he wasn’t a good citizen. 

His injuries are so severe, he will never make a 

full recovery and that is unfortunate.

image.gif.b05fef28d3e6760b4f9376c41adcdba5.gif

Unless engaged in a violent confrontation, nobody  should fear that their encounter with the police will lead to death or severe injury.

In fact, most interactions between police and society do not end up with somebody being dead or severely injured.

Unfortunately, there are race soldiers embedded among those  who have sworn to serve and protect  citizens.  Given an opportunity, a race soldier will maim or kill.

IMO, police do not have to be re-trained.  They know exactly how use restraint when dealing with people who look just like them. 

There are numerous encounters where police have engaged in hours long confrontations without firing a single shot while the assailant does. 

The police recently engaged in a standoff with some folks barricaded in a house.  The police officer can be seen and heard on his bodycam begging and pleading not to have to pull his weapon.

I believe police officers should be a reflection of  the communities they serve.  It does not make sense to stick a dude with a KKK mentality in a black community. 

The law enforcement community should do a better job when conducting pyschological profiles in order to determine who should become a police officer.  They should keep a record of problem children (bad officers)  to prevent them from going from one jurisdiction to another.

While I don't necesarily think police need to be defunded, unless they are planning to go to war,  I don't see the point in a police department having military hardware (tanks, rocket launchers, assault rifles,etc.).  There isn't a city under seige anywhere in America requiring that much firepower.

Jacob Blake's life was spared but the quality of it has been severely compromised. I wish him well in his physcial and mental recovery. 😎

• Like 2

On 10/7/2021 at 1:55 PM, ProfD said:

Unless engaged in a violent confrontation, nobody  should fear that their encounter with the police will lead to death or severe injury.

@ProfD

He fought with the police plus pulled a knife on the one that shot him.

DOJ Says No Charges Against Cop In Shooting of Jacob Blake

52 minutes ago, ProfD said:

Mzuri, the young man didn't do himself any favors in that situation but under the circumstances he didn't deserve to be shot in the back. 😎

@ProfD

How are you this evening?

I'm not going to debate about what he deserved, people need to stop 

fighting the police and pulling knives and guns on them.  He's lucky 

they didn't shoot his head off.

We need to return to the days where if we have a police encounter, 

we are talking about "Yes, Sir."  I don't know what these people are 

thinking about these days.

I saw a video a few months ago where the Black woman talked back

to the cop, resisted arrest, jumped in her car, pulled a gun and fired,

and she's the one that ended up dead.

Lady Resists Arrest and Shoots a Cop

You are NOT going to win a fight with the POLICE.

• Thanks 1

Mzuri, all is well. No worries. I don't debate. 

Most folks know how to comply with police. As I mentioned, most encounters end without a problem.

Unfortunately, there are ignorant people on both sides, citizens and law enforcement. That's when problems arise.

Some people have little or no regard for life whether it's their own or someone else's. That needs to be fixed.😎

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cynique said:

@ProfD I've been meaning to as you: To what do you contribute the high rate of suicide among policemen? 

I think PTSD is the primary cause of it.  They deal with and see things that cannot be unseen and/or forgotten. 

That's why I believe psychological evaluations need to be more extensive especially when folks want to go into law enforcement or military service.

Also, mental health really needs to be addressed in this country across the board. I believe many folks have pre-existing mental conditions that go undetected.

Anyone who's ever dealt with social services knows that some folks are unqualified to issue drivers licenses or food stamps. That funky azz attitude could be a mental problem. 😁😎

• Thanks 1

First of all, why are police officers around the nation STILL stopping and investigating people for non-violent offenses in the middle of a GLOBAL PANDEMIC?
Shouldn't all state and local governments put that on hold and use their officers and resources to HELP people and avoid as much contact with the public as possible to prevent the spread of the virus?

Secondly the job of the police is to PROTECT the public and if a crime has been committed...to investigate it and if necessary apprehend the suspect and wait for the JUDGE/JURY to decide their fate and punishment if necessary.
We don't need them to play JUDGE, JURY, and EXECUTIONER on the street.

19 minutes ago, Cynique said:

@ProfDDo black people react differently to black cops than they do white ones? 

Not in my experience and observation. Where I live, we see blue. Let's get this encounter over and done with so that I/we can get back to whatever we were doing previously. 😎

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Cynique said:

@ProfDDuring a traffic stop, does being addressed as "Officer" set the tone for what proceeds? 

Absolutely. Engaging with an authority figure from a position of pseudo-respect de-escalates the situation with minimal contact.

When I was a younger cat, nobody was going to disrespect me. It was easy to whup azz if/when problems arose.

Thrn, my godfather opened my eyes to killing with kindness. It has served me well throughout my life. "Thanks" goes a long way too.😎

On 10/7/2021 at 3:44 PM, Mzuri said:

His injuries are so severe, he will never make a 

full recovery and that is unfortunate.

Truly unfortunate @Mzuri

On 10/8/2021 at 10:34 PM, Mzuri said:

I'm not going to debate about what he deserved, people need to stop 

fighting the police and pulling knives and guns on them.

So true. That just makes no sense to me. 

• Like 1

Yet nobody has answered my question as to WHY in the hell are so many cops still making routine traffic stops during a Global Pandemic.

Why hasn't it been halted, suspended, until the Pandemic is declared over?

I personally think that is a good question that should be brought up at every press conference.

You mean nobody else is wondering why cops are STILL making routine traffic stops and engaging in other petty exercises where they're coming in to close contact with one citizen after another in the middle of a Global Pandemic that is SPREAD through human contact?

They're telling US as citizens to put on a mask, socially distance, and have as little contact with eachother as necessary in order to be safe...
Yet they STILL have their officers raiding houses, stomping all over furniture, stopping people for speeding, grabbing and handling their driver's license, and snatching them out of the car having all kinds of CLOSE contact with them.....and not wearing masks or gloves half the time.

Virginia officer who pepper-sprayed Army officer fired | TheHill

You mean to tell me that does raise an eyebrow of concern????

image.jpeg

On 10/10/2021 at 11:50 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Yet nobody has answered my question as to WHY in the hell are so many cops still making routine traffic stops during a Global Pandemic.

Maintaining "law and order" by any means necessary seems to be a higher priority. They're not going to allow citizens to break laws and commit crimes just because there's a big bad virus floating around.😎

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 9:50 AM, Pioneer1 said:

@Pioneer1

I agree with you but police make traffic stops so that they can issue citations.  

Pulling people over and giving them tickets is their bread and butter.

And they probably have quotas to meet.

• Like 1

Mzuri & ProfD

This is where I blame Black people again.

I read about  few areas around the country where the Police Chiefs and Sheriffs said that due to the virus, they would stop enforcing traffic laws and other misdemeanor offenses.

You even have Sheriffs around the nation who are flat out REFUSING to enforce mask mandates and social distancing regulations and have been for over a year now.

They flagrantly ignore the laws they don't want to enforce.

So it CAN be done, if the people demand it.

Black folks who don't DEMAND shit...don't get shit.
But then stand around with their lips poked out crying about how "America" treats them wrong.

image.jpeg.80db8996e1b8bbbe12cd3b44a366f5da.jpeg

"Why dey do dat??
But why dey do dat doe???"

If we had REAL Black leadership they would had demanded a national moratorium on arrests for non-violent misdemeanor offenses..atleast until the Pandemic is declared over.

But as usual...these Negroes wait for a White man with long hair and glasses to stand up and "speak out" to follow instead of initiating it themselves.

10 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

If we had REAL Black leadership they would had demanded a national moratorium on arrests for non-violent misdemeanor offenses..atleast until the Pandemic is declared over.

What does Black leadership have to do with anything?

Non-violent misdemeanors aren't usually arrested, just fined,

but I'm not positive since I'm not a criminal.  

It seems to me that even when people are arrested, oftentimes

they are set free anyway. Especially in places like NYC.

NYC subway shover was free on assault case thanks to bail reform

Mzuri

It seems to me that even when people are arrested, oftentimes

they are set free anyway. Especially in places like NYC.

Yeah.
Especially when they are violent and mentally disturbed and the cops want to put them out on the street to commit a violent act to JUSTIFY themselves.

Isn't it interesting that most of the well publicized violent incidents that took place in New York earlier this year almost all involved a homeless Black person with mental problems who was previously arrested but for some reason was let back out on the street?

That one dude who beat up the Asian woman infront of a building had allegedly stabbed his own mother to death a few years back.
But he get's out and is allowed to roam the streets?????

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

hat one dude who beat up the Asian woman infront of a building had allegedly stabbed his own mother to death a few years back.
But he get's out and is allowed to roam the streets?????

This is news for me. He stabbed his own mother to death and he was released!?

Yes, I read a comment from you on another thread awhile back about mental ill prisoners being released back into the community and this is a major subject that bothers me too. @Pioneer1

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chevdove said:

This is news for me. He stabbed his own mother to death and he was released!?

Yes, I read a comment from you on another thread awhile back about mental ill prisoners being released back into the community and this is a major subject that bothers me too. @Pioneer1

Yes.
Check it out.

He stabbed his own mother to death and went to prison for it but got released.

They are letting violent people with mental problems out ON PURPOSE to cause chaos and instability in the community.

That man who killed Nipsey Hustle was let out of jail early....killed Nipsey...then they caught him down the street and put him back in.

They are RELEASING these monsters into the community on purpose and using them as weapons.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

Yes.
Check it out.

He stabbed his own mother to death and went to prison for it but got released.

They are letting violent people with mental problems out ON PURPOSE to cause chaos and instability in the community.

That man who killed Nipsey Hustle was let out of jail early....killed Nipsey...then they caught him down the street and put him back in.

They are RELEASING these monsters into the community on purpose and using them as weapons.

I saw that video where he was stomping on that

poor defenseless woman and I heard that he had 

killed his mother.

People like him makes me scared to go outside,

and I live in a secluded cul-de-sac.

They are letting serial killers out of prison now;

people that should have been executed a long

time ago.

And things just keep getting worse and worse.

Trump said that some people coming across 

our borders are released prisoners that their

countries don't want to deal with, and I tend to 

believe him.

I reside near the Mexico border and am seriously

contemplating relocating further inland where

things might feel safer.

• Like 2

Mzuri

You shouldn't have been living so close to the border to BEGIN with...lol

I've been to the Mexican borders of both Texas and California.
I used to go to Juarez.

All kinds of characters hang around that border area looking crazy begging and getting into mischief.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

You shouldn't have been living so close to the border to BEGIN with...lol

Why not?  

How are you, BTW?

I came here with my Father who was in the U.S. Army.

After I finished getting my education, I got a job working

on the Army base.

I eventually married a soldier and this is where I stayed.

It's not my fault that we have a demented POTUS who 

doesn't give a care about U.S. citizens' safety or welfare,

giving a higher priority to criminal foreigners than he does

to Americans.  

Or that we have a bunch of liberal judges who think that 

violent criminals shouldn't be locked up or executed.

I, and others like me, am an innocent victim.  And I 

should be able to live anywhere within the borders of 

the United States, feel safe in my home or any other 

place I choose to be.

I shouldn't have to contemplate what life would be like 

in Wyoming or somewhere.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Yep.  This was started a couple decades ago.  Mentally ill folks were released from institutions back into society. 

Many of them are living in homeless shelters or in a group home setting or on the streets.  They really should be in a long term care facility.

But, prisons have beome the defacto Pyschiatric asylum.  Of course, there is no long term treatment  and/or rehabilitation. 

Once time is served, that individual returns to society. We can only hope they do not commit a more heinous crime.

Again, this country could do a much better job in tackling mental health issues.  Maybe there is a reason it doesn't...by design. 😎 

• Thanks 1

Well first of all the entire criminal justice system needs an overhaul.

Most of the laws on the books be they federal, state, or local....don't work well for AfroAmericans.
They are either too harsh, too easy, or irrelevant and shouldn't exist at all.
Infact, I'd go as far as to say over 90% of the laws on the books shouldn't exist.

Further, like we've touched on earlier....there aren't enough mental hospitals to house people and give them treatment...which isn't by accident.
They DEISNGED it this way so as to save money on spending and helping people.

But the punishments need to change too......
Most people who are locked up shouldn't have been locked up for the crimes they've committed.
Most of them should have gotten either a fine or CORPORAL punishment (i.e. "flogging"....)

I totally support some people getting their ass whipped as punishment for certain crimes instead of locked up in a cage for 10 or 15 years.

image.jpeg.248f24e6b6a4f5561aecd7e676e85cbb.jpeg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Well first of all the entire criminal justice system needs an overhaul.

But the punishments need to change too......
Most people who are locked up shouldn't have been locked up for the crimes they've committed.
Most of them should have gotten either a fine or CORPORAL punishment (i.e. "flogging"....)

I totally support some people getting their ass whipped as punishment for certain crimes instead of locked up in a cage for 10 or 15 years.

Yessir.  I remember many years ago, a dude was over in Singapore putting graffiti on the walls. The US tried to intervene.  Nope.  They whupped his azz. 

I bet that dude can't stand aerosol spray paint, magic markers, crayons, pencils, pens, etc.  Thank goodness for computers and smartphones.  He can type whatever he has to say.😁

Corporal punishment (flog, cane, waterboard, amputate, stone, etc.) would reduce crime immediately.  But no, that would be bad for businesss here in the US. They need to warehouse black folks.

The prison industrial complex is a cash cow that props up the economy in many ways.  The more f8cked up enforceable laws we have on the books, the better chances they have of throwing folks into greater confinement. 

I just heard a news report the other day that black folks are locked up 5 times more than white folks for similar crimes.  Latinx folks are locked up 1.3 times more than white folks for similar crimes.  I'm not surprised. 

Do yourself a favor and hang out at the courthouse one day.  You will see black folks going to prison for drug offenses.  White folks going to time out, er, drug rehabilitation class for the same offenses. 

Don't get me started on the n8gglets who enforce the laws (judges and prosecutors).  They lock up the black  folks and set the white folks free. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/13/2021 at 9:27 PM, Mzuri said:

Trump said that some people coming across 

our borders are released prisoners that their

countries don't want to deal with, and I tend to 

believe him.

I reside near the Mexico border and am seriously

contemplating relocating further inland where

things might feel safer.

Yes, I understand! However, they are crossing the boarder and are not just in that area.

Something strange is happening, imo.

On 10/13/2021 at 9:33 PM, Pioneer1 said:

I've been to the Mexican borders of both Texas and California.
I used to go to Juarez.

All kinds of characters hang around that border area looking crazy begging and getting into mischief.

I remember reading a post of yours a few days ago about Black people in certain areas in those regions being victimized and, earlier today, I was shockingly remined of what you wrote because someone told me that a lot of the victims in the recent killing of 119 prisoners were actually Afro-Ecuadorans!!!

So, I researched and it does seem like it! OMG!

I always think about Trayvon Martin when I hear stories like this.

Relatives of one of 119 convicts killed in a flare-up of gang violence at a prison wait to recover the remains of their beloved one, outside the morgue in Guayaquil at the weekend.

It was in mid-morning when María Elena Villacís got a WhatsApp message from her brother Darwín, who was jailed in the Litoral penitentiary, a notorious prison in the coastal Ecuadorian city of Guayaquil.

“They’re starting a war in [Wing] 5,” it read. “Call the law, tell them to get into [Wing] 5.”

Knowing the prison’s violent reputation, María Elena replied: “I’m praying for you, for the four of you. Take care for God’s sake.” Then she called the police.

Agony of Ecuador’s brutal prison massacre endures for bereaved relatives | Ecuador | The Guardian

All four of them were killed.

Families await news as the identification of bodies continues.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Chevdove said:

Yes, I understand! However, they are crossing the border and are not just in that area.

Something strange is happening, imo.

All four of them were killed.

@Chevdove

That is sad about the Afro-Ecuadorans.  Black people are ALL OVER THE WORLD!

As to the border-crossers, there are several problems with this situation. First off,

we have a process for people to enter the U.S., and it's not that way. The people 

are being released, so we have no way to know where they are ending up. Some

remain locally, most scatter in the wind, and not knowing where they are going is 

another problem. I am hopeful that they will eventually be tracked and deported,

especially if they are criminals.

There's also that whole problem about whether they are being tested, vaxxed, 

masked, etc.  So we have potentially infected people traveling throughout the

nation freely, but nobody knows where they are.  All of that is another mess.  

It doesn't end there for me.  I have the additional problem of all the Afghans

they brought over.  Hundreds of them are in my area also.  Some are being

housed on the main Army installation and some are at various annexes. 

The incident where the female soldier was assaulted happened at an annex

within a ten-mile radius of my home!!!  

Those Afghans are permitted to roam freely and, although it's a hump, it's

within walking distance.  So it's worrisome for me. 

I am seriously contemplating relocating because of all this. 

SERIOUSLY.  

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mzuri said:

As to the border-crossers, there are several problems with this situation. First off, we have a process for people to enter the U.S., and it's not that way.

I have the additional problem of all the Afghans they brought over.  

SERIOUSLY.  

Mzuri, calm down.  Breathe.  Relax. 😁

Some of the question to ask:

1)  Why are people fleeing their own countries?

2) Why is their destination the US instead of another nearby country or the islands?

3) What role does the US play in the conditions of their home country?

4) Why can't the border patrol stop them from coming?

America cannot have it both ways.  We cannot police the world, finance greed and corruption in other countries and not expect blow-back.

The people from [insert a country here] are coming the US because they are leaving the greed, corruption and poverty for better opportunities in America (US).  They've seen the pictures on the internet and heard all about it from family members and friends that are already here.

There is a lot of menial and manual labor work that needs to be done in the US.  The average American is unwilling to do it because minimum wage is too low and unions dictate that skilled workers have to make a certain hourly wage. 

I believe they are allowing a certain amount of illegal immigrants to come here and do the dirty work whether it's harvesting grapes to make wine or cleaning people's houses.

If the US wants to wants to stem the tide of what they're calling illegal immigration, it has to be honest with itself and do the following:

1) Hold the leaders of those countries accountable to insure the money being sent to them is being used properly to build and maintain the infrastructure in order to faciliitate a robust economy (jobs, housing, healthcare, food, products, services, etc.).

2) Stop allowing US companies to benefit from cheap labor both domestically and abroad.

3) Increase the US minium wage so that citizens can make a living from the work they do.

As long as money is going into the pockets of a few corrupt leaders and business folks who don't give a d8mn about the multitude, there will be problems.

The Afghan immigrants are a great example of how the US plays both sides against the middle.  The US spent billions of dollars fighting so called terrorism and under the guise of nation building.

The Afghan government took US dollars and military training and equpment with zero accountability or so it would appear. As soon as the US decided to turn off the spigot, the Afghan government and their military folded like an ironing board. 

The former Afghan president stole so much money while fleeing the country, he couldn't stuff it all in the cars and helicopter.  Hundreds of thousands of US dollars were left on the tarmac.

So, the US felt an obligation to bring the Afghan people here who worked to secure US interests rather than allow them to be slaughtered by the new regime.  There could be bad seeds in the Pomegranate but that's par for the course.

Mzuri, I don't believe you're in imminent danger from the Afghan immigrants.  No need to relocate.  I'd be more concerned about the legal citizens.  They're wearing masks and shoplifting and sh8t. 😁😎

3 hours ago, ProfD said:

1)  Why are people fleeing their own countries?

2) Why is their destination the US instead of another nearby country or the islands?

3) What role does the US play in the conditions of their home country?

4) Why can't the border patrol stop them from coming?

Mzuri, I don't believe you're in imminent danger from the Afghan immigrants.  No need to relocate.  I'd be more concerned about the legal citizens.  They're wearing masks and shoplifting and sh8t. 😁😎

@ProfD

Thank you for addressing my concerns.

1) I have no way of knowing what motivates people to leave

their own countries, but when Trump said "they are sending"

their criminals here, he meant that some countries deport

their own citizens.  And since he's privy to information that 

I am not, I tend to believe him.

2) My guess is that they come to the U.S. for the freebies. 

Free food, free money, free housing, free education, free

medical care.  Why wouldn't they want to come here?

3) IDK.

4) I doubt that it is Border Patrol's job to keep people from

coming, only to deal with them once they arrive.  Joe Biden

and his thoughtless executive orders/directives is what has

caused the current conditions, I guess the BP is doing what

they have been ordered to do.

But all of those questions don't matter to me, what matters

to me is the state of the current situation, because this is 

horrible

You don't know whether I'm in imminent danger from the

Afghans or not.  They are in my vicinity and I don't like it.  

They need to be in Afghanistan or somewhere else. 

I don't GAF where they are as long as they're not 

around me.  

I heard that most of them have NOT been vetted, so we

don't know whether they were translators or others who

assisted the U.S. military, or whether they are terrorists

that decided they wanted to leave from over there, or

what their intentions are.

I'm worried about all the citizens right now because

desperate times cause people to do things that they

normally would not do.

Stay safe everybody!

11 minutes ago, Mzuri said:

Thank you for addressing my concerns.

But all of those questions don't matter to me, what matters

to me is the state of the current situation, because this is 

horrible

You don't know whether I'm in imminent danger from the

Afghans or not.  They are in my vicinity and I don't like it.  

They need to be in Afghanistan or somewhere else. 

I don't GAF where they are as long as they're not 

around me.  

Stay safe everybody!

Fair enough.  Just providing a perspective. 

Keep your head on a swivel and do whatever it takes to stay safe. 😎

• Like 1

ProfD

Corporal punishment (flog, cane, waterboard, amputate, stone, etc.) would reduce crime immediately.  

Absolutely.
I wouldn't support stoning or amputation because I don't support IRREVERSEABLE punishments.
But as far as flogging and caning and doing it repeatedly depending on the crimes they committed...absolutely.

This is why violent crimes are usually so low in African and Asian nations despite more poverty.
They will PHYSICALLY punish you over there in those nations.

Now of course, I'm not with the corruption and massive poverty that exists in this nations and that should be addressed.

But the fact that a place with MOVE poverty has LESS crime should tell you whatever methods they're using to punish criminals are working.

Like you said, warehousing people is BIG BUSINESS in the U.S.
Literally, especially with private citizens.

Did you hear about the "special meeting" they allegedly had back in 1981 among the big time music executives in Los Angeles who met with other wealthy movers and shakers.
They got together to discuss having enough traffic to make privatizing prisons profitable.  And they said that's when the decision to promote GANGSTA RAP was introduced!

I'm not sure if you knew this or not but Eazy E was a Republican and you know George Bush invited him and the NWA to a luncheon.

Chev

I remember reading a post of yours a few days ago about Black people in certain areas in those regions being victimized and, earlier today, I was shockingly remined of what you wrote because someone told me that a lot of the victims in the recent killing of 119 prisoners were actually Afro-Ecuadorans!!!

So, I researched and it does seem like it! OMG!

WHAT?????

Absolutely digusting.

It's so sad to see Black people caught up in this mess way down in South America.

As rare as it is to even see and hear about Black Latinos on television, and now so many are going through this mess.

I knew that many Black folks lived in slums/Favelas down in Brazil but I didn't know they were going through this in other parts of South America too.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 3:43 AM, Mzuri said:

t doesn't end there for me.  I have the additional problem of all the Afghans

they brought over.  Hundreds of them are in my area also.  Some are being

housed on the main Army installation and some are at various annexes. 

@Mzuri What!? That is news to me!

On 10/15/2021 at 3:43 AM, Mzuri said:

hose Afghans are permitted to roam freely and, although it's a hump, it's

within walking distance.  So it's worrisome for me. 

SERIOUSLY.  

I do believe you. This is serious. This causes my mind to go back to 2001, 911 attacks. At that time, I heard rhetoric coming from officials saying that we would endure terrorism over hear eventually and I heard how possible terrorists' methods of getting over hear would be by immigrating to South American countries first then crossing the boarder. To know that Afghans are over here in concentrations and also in Texas is depressing news. I hope the best for you and that you won't panic but make sound decisions. 

18 hours ago, Mzuri said:

1) I have no way of knowing what motivates people to leave

their own countries, but when Trump said "they are sending"

their criminals here, he meant that some countries deport

their own citizens.  And since he's privy to information that 

I am not, I tend to believe him.

Absolutely!!!

14 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

As rare as it is to even see and hear about Black Latinos on television, and now so many are going through this mess.

@Pioneer1 Absolutely!!!

You know, I was conditioned to never even consider the possibility that people of African descent were anywhere in the South American countries until I worked at an Afro-centered charter school a few years back. It was at that time, that I learned that second to the continent of Africa, Brazil had the largest population of Black Africans. That completely 'Blew my mind!' But then after researching, I did come to realize about the possibility of more. 

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but, I do feel like there is some type of effort to push some type of movement against people of African descent in certain places in the western league realms of the world. I feel like something strange is going on. And, like, we don't have much economic power, so it baffles me but deep in my heart I feel that I know. They won't teach us the whole truth over here. They won't teach us about the 'African American natives' that dominated these Ancient American continents in ancient times and that there was a movement against these natives when the Europeans came. They wont teach us and it seems like history is trying to repeat itself. 

21 hours ago, ProfD said:

The people from [insert a country here] are coming the US because they are leaving the greed, corruption and poverty for better opportunities in America (US).  They've seen the pictures on the internet and heard all about it from family members and friends that are already here.

@ProfD Yes, this is so true. 

But human beings have been migrating over here obviously for thousands of years, but all because of this Western system, things are so terrible, not for everybody, but for many African Americans. 

Chev

ou know, I was conditioned to never even consider the possibility that people of African descent were anywhere in the South American countries until I worked at an Afro-centered charter school a few years back. It was at that time, that I learned that second to the continent of Africa, Brazil had the largest population of Black Africans. That completely 'Blew my mind!' But then after researching, I did come to realize about the possibility of more. 

Yes
I used to date a Black woman from Brazil.
She could barely speak English, but she LOVED Marvin Gaye...lol.

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but,

I do.

I do feel like there is some type of effort to push some type of movement against people of African descent in certain places in the western league realms of the world. I feel like something strange is going on. And, like, we don't have much economic power, so it baffles me but deep in my heart I feel that I know. They won't teach us the whole truth over here. They won't teach us about the 'African American natives' that dominated these Ancient American continents in ancient times and that there was a movement against these natives when the Europeans came. They wont teach us and it seems like history is trying to repeat itself. 

I don't expect my enemy to teach me the truth, and neither should you.

That's why it's important for us to gather the knowledge for OURSELVES, organize it, and pass it along to our children so that they can compound it with their additional findings.

That's the true scientific way.

Right now what most Black folks are getting from these universities and other educational institutions isn't real KNOWLEDGE...it's just INFORMATION.
And usually FALSE information at that.

Real knowledge is ACCURATE information that has been VERIFIED by a trusted source.

We need our own archeological teams to get out and dig up the truth for ourselves and not just take the words of White folks

image.jpeg.c87b198e82eec4f7b5c4c7046fda3e77.jpeg

"You won't BELIEVE what I just found in
these ancient ruins!
A bottle of hot sauce and an afro-pick"

• Haha 1