Update Jacob Blake August 23, 2020

ProfD

Corporal punishment (flog, cane, waterboard, amputate, stone, etc.) would reduce crime immediately.  

Absolutely.
I wouldn't support stoning or amputation because I don't support IRREVERSEABLE punishments.
But as far as flogging and caning and doing it repeatedly depending on the crimes they committed...absolutely.

This is why violent crimes are usually so low in African and Asian nations despite more poverty.
They will PHYSICALLY punish you over there in those nations.

Now of course, I'm not with the corruption and massive poverty that exists in this nations and that should be addressed.

But the fact that a place with MOVE poverty has LESS crime should tell you whatever methods they're using to punish criminals are working.

Like you said, warehousing people is BIG BUSINESS in the U.S.
Literally, especially with private citizens.

Did you hear about the "special meeting" they allegedly had back in 1981 among the big time music executives in Los Angeles who met with other wealthy movers and shakers.
They got together to discuss having enough traffic to make privatizing prisons profitable.  And they said that's when the decision to promote GANGSTA RAP was introduced!

I'm not sure if you knew this or not but Eazy E was a Republican and you know George Bush invited him and the NWA to a luncheon.

Chev

I remember reading a post of yours a few days ago about Black people in certain areas in those regions being victimized and, earlier today, I was shockingly remined of what you wrote because someone told me that a lot of the victims in the recent killing of 119 prisoners were actually Afro-Ecuadorans!!!

So, I researched and it does seem like it! OMG!

WHAT?????

Absolutely digusting.

It's so sad to see Black people caught up in this mess way down in South America.

As rare as it is to even see and hear about Black Latinos on television, and now so many are going through this mess.

I knew that many Black folks lived in slums/Favelas down in Brazil but I didn't know they were going through this in other parts of South America too.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 3:43 AM, Mzuri said:

t doesn't end there for me.  I have the additional problem of all the Afghans

they brought over.  Hundreds of them are in my area also.  Some are being

housed on the main Army installation and some are at various annexes. 

@Mzuri What!? That is news to me!

On 10/15/2021 at 3:43 AM, Mzuri said:

hose Afghans are permitted to roam freely and, although it's a hump, it's

within walking distance.  So it's worrisome for me. 

I am seriously contemplating relocating because of all this. 

SERIOUSLY.  

I do believe you. This is serious. This causes my mind to go back to 2001, 911 attacks. At that time, I heard rhetoric coming from officials saying that we would endure terrorism over hear eventually and I heard how possible terrorists' methods of getting over hear would be by immigrating to South American countries first then crossing the boarder. To know that Afghans are over here in concentrations and also in Texas is depressing news. I hope the best for you and that you won't panic but make sound decisions. 

18 hours ago, Mzuri said:

1) I have no way of knowing what motivates people to leave

their own countries, but when Trump said "they are sending"

their criminals here, he meant that some countries deport

their own citizens.  And since he's privy to information that 

I am not, I tend to believe him.

Absolutely!!!

14 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

As rare as it is to even see and hear about Black Latinos on television, and now so many are going through this mess.

@Pioneer1 Absolutely!!!

You know, I was conditioned to never even consider the possibility that people of African descent were anywhere in the South American countries until I worked at an Afro-centered charter school a few years back. It was at that time, that I learned that second to the continent of Africa, Brazil had the largest population of Black Africans. That completely 'Blew my mind!' But then after researching, I did come to realize about the possibility of more. 

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but, I do feel like there is some type of effort to push some type of movement against people of African descent in certain places in the western league realms of the world. I feel like something strange is going on. And, like, we don't have much economic power, so it baffles me but deep in my heart I feel that I know. They won't teach us the whole truth over here. They won't teach us about the 'African American natives' that dominated these Ancient American continents in ancient times and that there was a movement against these natives when the Europeans came. They wont teach us and it seems like history is trying to repeat itself. 

21 hours ago, ProfD said:

The people from [insert a country here] are coming the US because they are leaving the greed, corruption and poverty for better opportunities in America (US).  They've seen the pictures on the internet and heard all about it from family members and friends that are already here.

@ProfD Yes, this is so true. 

But human beings have been migrating over here obviously for thousands of years, but all because of this Western system, things are so terrible, not for everybody, but for many African Americans. 

Chev

ou know, I was conditioned to never even consider the possibility that people of African descent were anywhere in the South American countries until I worked at an Afro-centered charter school a few years back. It was at that time, that I learned that second to the continent of Africa, Brazil had the largest population of Black Africans. That completely 'Blew my mind!' But then after researching, I did come to realize about the possibility of more. 

Yes
I used to date a Black woman from Brazil.
She could barely speak English, but she LOVED Marvin Gaye...lol.

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but,

I do.

I do feel like there is some type of effort to push some type of movement against people of African descent in certain places in the western league realms of the world. I feel like something strange is going on. And, like, we don't have much economic power, so it baffles me but deep in my heart I feel that I know. They won't teach us the whole truth over here. They won't teach us about the 'African American natives' that dominated these Ancient American continents in ancient times and that there was a movement against these natives when the Europeans came. They wont teach us and it seems like history is trying to repeat itself. 

I don't expect my enemy to teach me the truth, and neither should you.

That's why it's important for us to gather the knowledge for OURSELVES, organize it, and pass it along to our children so that they can compound it with their additional findings.

That's the true scientific way.

Right now what most Black folks are getting from these universities and other educational institutions isn't real KNOWLEDGE...it's just INFORMATION.
And usually FALSE information at that.

Real knowledge is ACCURATE information that has been VERIFIED by a trusted source.

We need our own archeological teams to get out and dig up the truth for ourselves and not just take the words of White folks

image.jpeg.c87b198e82eec4f7b5c4c7046fda3e77.jpeg

"You won't BELIEVE what I just found in
these ancient ruins!
A bottle of hot sauce and an afro-pick"

• Haha 1