Are we approaching the End of the World

Ofcourse we are approaching the end of the world.
As soon as you BEGIN most worlds on this planet....you're approaching the end of it.
Just like when a person is born....they approach death.

The questions we should be asking are:

-WHAT is a "world"?
-WHICH world are we talking about?
-And exactly WHEN will it end?

A world is NOT the planet but a world is a system that controls much of the human activity ON the planet; kind of like how the operating system is on a computer.

I believe the "world" that controls most of this planet right now is the Caucasian World that started thousands of years ago.

I'm not sure when it will end.
I've heard many dates and time frames like 2000, 2012, 2020, ect..., but at my age and from what I've seen.....I can't call it until I gather more facts and evidence to predict how much more time Caucasians have left to rule things.

• Like 1

I think the world as we know it is coming to an end right before our eyes. Computerized technology is enabling artificial intelligence and together they are co-opting society. The covid pandemic provides the perfect matrix for this transformation because it has inhibited and distorted our lifestyles, in addition to making us physically vulnerable. America's political polarization will be the final nail in its coffin.  "Retrumpicanism" and the way it has hi-jacked the truth and bastardized reality has created a threatening herd of robotic maggots.  Meanwhile, the family feud between progressive Democrats and moderate ones is destroying the party's unity and deflating its power to counteract fascism and maintain democracy. White supremacy is thriving, genocidal black-on-black crime is ongoing, law and order are in shambles, and natural disasters are rampant. Moreover, America is a microcosm of countries all over the globe where internal conflict is never ending. Planet Earth may survive, but its population will have computerized itself out of existence amid an atmosphere of the chaos that will necessitate a return to square one.  🤪 

• Like 2

On 9/25/2021 at 11:43 PM, Delano said:

Humanity makes up the world, everything separate from that is the earth.

That is an uncharacteristically egocentric viewpoint.  What about the other creatures on the Earth, don't they count?

19 hours ago, Cynique said:

I think the world as we know it is coming to an end right before our eyes.

Sure but this is not a novel experience. It has happened repeatedly throughout recorded history.  Whenever people are able to witness change they see the end of the world.  I guess from their perspective the world is indeed "ending."

Alas, the world is not ending it is just changing, evolving.  We will probably take some giants steps backwards.  A few hundred thousand years from now some evolved Bonobos will look back on this time and wonder how such a privative people could have created all this technology -- they will assume it must have been aliens who gave the privative homo sapiens technology.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Delano said:

I feel the most important job in the future is system disintegrator and farmer.

These are presently the most important jobs. Probably why governments pay farmers to stop producing, and prevent others to start.  Further, social movements are system disintegrator. And lawmakers are working overtime to stop it. See: Florida, Texas and Georgia.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Troy said:

What about the other creatures on the Earth, don't they count?

Your comment reminded me of a series on A&E called 

Life After People, where they speculated how insects 

and vegetation would take everything over, among

other things.

As to the world ending, it’s getting scary.  We have this 

manufactured virus, China threatening Australia, China 

infiltrating various U.S. corporations and institutions, 

the Taliban having access to nuclear weapons, open

borders, dolts in the WH, and on and on.

And I have a funky feeling that our economy is about 

to collapse.

All this mess is stressing me out! 

image.gif.b2733227c0af6b365d0db908b7ef8a49.gif

6 hours ago, Troy said:

That is an uncharacteristically egocentric viewpoint.  What about the other creatures on the Earth, don't they count?

That's my point. Note you didn't call them creatures of the world. The world is by definition defined by the individual. While there is an overlap between individual worlds. Primary place rest with the egocentric importance of the individual's world. Worlds are created by participants involvement in that world. The world of engineers is mostly non existent for me, the same is not true of the world of engineering. Since I use things that have been either engineered or constructed.

However some of my ideas and experiences consist of a world of only myself.

6 hours ago, Troy said:

Sure but this is not a novel experience. It has happened repeatedly throughout recorded history.  Whenever people are able to witness change they see the end of the world.  I guess from their perspective the world is indeed "ending."

Isaac Newton predicted 2060 based on his biblical analysis

12 hours ago, Troy said:

Alas, the world is not ending it is just changing, evolving.  We will probably take some giants steps backwards.  A few hundred thousand years from now some evolved Bonobos will look back on this time and wonder how such a privative people could have created all this technology -- they will assume it must have been aliens who gave the privative homo sapiens technology.

@TroyWell, that's what i said: the world as we know it is coming to an end. However, the claim has been made that dinosaurs were the predecessors of man, but they being flawed precipitated their becoming extinct, and the process started all over again with humans being the result. Civilization may implode and wipe mankind out, setting the stage for the process to start all over again in yet another attempt at "getting it right".  This is the grand design theory. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cynique said:

they being flawed precipitated their becoming extinct

I think the current theory was that a catastrophic meteor event wiped out the dinosaurs, but still this may be part of the "grand design," God's way of rebooting the planet.  

• Like 1

8 billion people on the planet Earth right now.  Only a catastrophic could wipe out humanity.  We have no way of knowing  if/when the universe will self-correct in that regard.

However, we can rest assured that shortly after the day we were born, the count down to our end began.  The world ends every day for thousands of people on the planet.

I believe the leading cause of death is a birthday.  The next one could very well be the last. 😎

• Haha 1

ProfD

What you said reminds me of something my father used to say when people would talk about the "end of the world".

He said regardless as to when THE world ends....the end of YOUR world comes when you die.

Think of the millions if not billions of people who for 2 thousand years or more have been gazing up at the sky waiting on "dooms day" and the world to end...only to end up dying and not seeing it.
Today you STILL have people gazing up at the skies and reading through scriptures expecting an ending to come pretty soon.

17 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Think of the millions if not billions of people who for 2 thousand years or more have been gazing up at the sky waiting on "dooms day" and the world to end...only to end up dying and not seeing it.
Today you STILL have people gazing up at the skies and reading through scriptures expecting an ending to come pretty soon.

Yeah mayne, without even doing the math on it, heaven and hell are going to be extremely crowded after the resurrection for those who believe in that kinda thing😎

Black people need to keep in mind that the end of THIS world doesn't necessarily mean the end of OUR world.

Just because the Caucasian world...and it's various civilizations (like Western Civilization) are collapsing, doesn't mean OURS has to go with it.
We should be focused on building our own world.

This is one of the reasons I say this entire Covid Pandemic could be a fortune in disguise.
This is a great opportunity for us to allow this old racist world to collapse while we build a brand new one where WE benefit.

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2021 at 3:26 PM, Cynique said:

I think the world as we know it is coming to an end right before our eyes. Computerized technology is enabling artificial intelligence and together they are co-opting society. 

Planet Earth may survive, but its population will have computerized itself out of existence amid an atmosphere of the chaos that will necessitate a return to square one.  🤪 

@Cynique, reads like you called and summarized it before 60 Minutes aired the video above. 😁😎

• Haha 1