Algorithms Of Oppression: How Search Engines Reinforce Racism

Not only are the search engines racially sensitive but SOCIAL MEDIA is racially sensitive because both genres tend to be owned and operated by the SAME individuals.

What most Black people can hope for is to rise above current social media and search engines and secure enough of the internet itself to develop OUR OWN software, search engines, and social media.

There are enough tech saavy Black people both in Africa and in the West to make this happen if they'd stop being so lazy and reliant on White people to initiate everything.

How many Black computer manufacturers exist?
How many Black search engines?
How many Black social media platforms?

Who is holding us back from petitioning the government for a "piece" of the internet to secure for ourselves?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

Who is holding us back from petitioning the government for a "piece" of the internet to secure for ourselves?

Our government doesn’t even control the internet since your 

boy Obama gave it away, probably to the Chinese.  

Besides that, we have Black women walking around with 

Chinese people’s hair on their heads.  

WTF are we going to do with the internet when we can’t even 

do something rudimentary like producing our own hair!

• Sad 1

Mzuri

WTF are we going to do with the internet when we can’t even 
do something rudimentary like producing our own hair!

Lol.....
We'll start producing our own hair, when enough of us start loving it enough to WANT to wear it
....whenever that will be.

But we can't wait on that.

You'll be a grinning SKELETON sitting in front of the computer waiting on niggaz to get it together like that.

Nine symptoms for diagnosing ailing IT 2 - Page 2 | ZDNet

"Wonder when Black folks gonna love their own hair and
stop wearing Chinese hair?
I BEEN waiting for a while now....I sho' am hungry."

We can't wait on fools, thugs, and ratchets to get themselves together.  
The intelligent and decent Black folks need to get together, organize, and began building with  eachother.

WEB Dubois understood this over a century ago when he promoted his "talented tenth" doctrine.

Intelligent minds...need to come together and the building and progress will begin IMMEDIATELY.  
I guarantee that.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Intelligent minds...need to come together and the building and progress will begin IMMEDIATELY.  
I guarantee that.

I believe this to be true; our best and brightest typically play from the white American playbook, winner take all mentality — do what ever it takes to make money — enslave Africans, work children in sweatshops, go abroad and steal wealth and natural resources, etc.

If they can’t emulate white business practices in their own businesses then they strive to work for white businesses.

I’m working on a variety of projects involved in what I call, the “Black Wall Street” state of mind, in the spirit, of the Black community that was created in Tulsa Oklahoma before white folks destroyed it — twice.

It is not a novel concept, but hopefully on more will embrace moving forward.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Troy said:

I believe this to be true; our best and brightest typically play from the white American playbook, winner take all mentality — do what ever it takes to make money — enslave Africans, work children in sweatshops, go abroad and steal wealth and natural resources, etc.

If they can’t emulate white business practices in their own businesses then they strive to work for white businesses.

As much as I don't WANT  to acknowledge it...you're right.  

I'm not sure what would actually stop this from happening besides giving them more and better options to reduce the temptation to exploit their own.