Obama--2/13/2010

After about six months I had given the man an A minus.

Now, after a year, an F.

Personally, when he failed to do something right away about jobs, gave all that money to the big banks, and went into surge mode in Afghanistan instead of getting out, I was through with him.

Practically, when he and the rest of those Democratic clowns allowed Teddy Kennedy' seat to go to a Republican thatwas it.

The Democrats are too stupid to live. Too inept to hold on to a seat that had been Democratic for more than half a century in the Bluest of the Blue states (Oh, I know everybody will come in talking about Coakley and the Mass Democratis but Obama is the leader of the party and he blew it.

Health care is dead (I posted that before right after Kennedy died)

He can get it back up to a C or even a B if he clears the decks and maintains the Democratic majorities in the November elections but to all indications that Clown don't even know he's in trouble.

He has this tin ear, he is slow to react to developments and he is stiff.

I suppose, since the white folks picked him after all, they would have got a nuetered puppet. Ah well.

Well, look who finally showed up. Welcome aboard, Chrishayden. You finally took the plunge into this mire which used to be a discussion board. :blink:

I have to agree with you about Obama. He does seem oblivious to how oblivious he is. He doesn't seem to be the least bit aware of how unaware he is. With a serious expression on his face, he gave his first year in office a "A-". Like I continue to complain, it's the little things that reduce him to inadequacy. It would've been so easy and diplomatic for him to give himself an "incomplete" when grading his first year. But, no, he has to make himself look deluded. :rolleyes:

At the end of the day. Obama has demonstrated that he is no different than the rest of 'em. However do you actually think he is worse than Dubya?

Health care is ony dead because the gov't (actually we) is so far in the hole there is no money to pay for it. Indications are we will be struggling to maintain health care for our seniors by the time I'm ready for the benefit. The hundred of thousand plus I paid into social security appears to be lost. But none of this is Obama's fault...

Besides do you think anyone else would have actually done much better given the financial crisis we are in and the 2 wars we are currently engaged in. It was obvious we could not just pick up and live either theater. So Obama says that is what he will do and you believed him. Come on, it was obvious to a grade schooler than would not happen. I am surprised that Gitmo was not closed (not that I cared too much about that one).

I don't think Obama is as clueless as you two say he is. I think he said what needed to say, promising the impossible, to get elected. Now folks are faced with the reality of Obama being no different than any other politician are disappointed.

It is just curious how much more disaapointed some folks are, as if to say: see, we gave one of you Negro's a chance and look what happened!

The New York cover as on point:

newyorkercover.jpg

I was never naive enough to think that Obama was a savior who was going to work miracles by turning hell into heaven. My beefs with him always have to do with his stupid little missteps, many of which are down right sophomoric. His foot has taken up permanent residence in his mouth, something which is a clue to his lack of the wisdom I like my presidents to at least project the image of having.

Yes, old girl that I am, I prefer the POTUS to be a little more statesman-like and tactful instead of someone who wants to be one of the guys, somebody who suggests having a beer with his adversaries or who welcomes the NBA champions to the traditional visit to the white house by trash-talking about MJ's Chicago Bulls being a better team than the Lakers.

Obama is, of course, no worse than his predecessor George Bush. But I hardly find this a recommendation.

At the end of the day. Obama has demonstrated that he is no different than the rest of 'em. However do you actually think he is worse than Dubya?

Health care is ony dead because the gov't (actually we) is so far in the hole there is no money to pay for it. Indications are we will be struggling to maintain health care for our seniors by the time I'm ready for the benefit. The hundred of thousand..........

........to get elected. Now folks are faced with the reality of Obama being no different than any other politician are disappointed.

It is just curious how much more disaapointed some folks are, as if to say: see, we gave one of you Negro's a chance and look what happened!

Agreed. The is so much toxic hyperbole being dumped on this man, it’s shocking. I’m not an Obamanite but I do stand behind the man. It’s amazing how many people do not understand or choose to ignore the intense resistance he faces from his political adversaries and the race haters. The fierce partisan gridlock in congress is the cornerstone of his seemingly failure to get any traction. These people (republicans) are in a death struggle to make Obama appear as a failure. They are going to do everything they can to block or defeat any initiatives he attempts. But the man cannot enact any major legislation or policy chances without the support of congress. The republicans will continue to vote against "anything" he attempts (no matter what it is) and the democrats are splintered between the Blue Dogs, middle of the roadists and leftists. How is that his fault? With the republicans in lock step against “anything” he attempts and the democrats fractured between yea and nay on much of his proposals -nothing will or can get done. Thus, it appears that he is doing nothing. But this is not a complete nor accurate picture.

As far as national security is concerned, yes, I was disappointed about Afghanistan. But had he withdrew, it would have been politically catastrophic for him. Add the health care debacle and then withdrawing from Afghanistan, his political enemies would have an orgy of celebration. They would skewer him 24/7 as weak on national security, gutless, giving in to the radical left and revitalize the grotesque lies of him being a Muslim. The blaring air raid siren of him putting America at risk by capitulating to Islamic terrorists would be blare non-stop.

I agree that Afghanistan is a black hole for the military and no one to date has ever conquered this sad pathetic country. But there is a bigger reality here that many people resist or do not understand. His enemies are like a little rabid Chiwawa, yelping, barking and snapping at his heels with every step. If he withdrew, in private, they would yelp with joy, clap wildly and high five each other. But publically -they would politically crucify him!

I met a guy this past week end at a black cultural center that was featuring a music event. He was working on a PhD in music, was Czech and 6”10”! He lives in an area of San Diego County (Fallbrook) that is virtually all white and extremely redneck. Blacks and Mexicans are very, very unwelcome there. He told me he constantly hears whites ranting, cursing and voicing their fantasies of Obama being killed. He also said, “ I support this man because I know he has good intentions for this country. But there is racism and stiff political opposition to everything he does. They want him to fail because he is black man.” Those were his exact words. If a 6’10” man from the Czech Republic can see this -why cannot other Americans?

You deny being an "Obamanite", Xeon, but in your passionate defense of him you proceed to engage in the very hyperbole you accuse his critics of using. Sounds like the rant of an "Obamanite" to me. :angry:

BTW, many voices in the growing chorus of Obama detractors are black Democrats. And in your attempt to cast him as a political martyr, you overlook how millions of people, like you, still support him. :huh:

Guest bunnnie0203

Hello all,

I have been reading the comments on this board and I feel like my life hasn't progressed at all. We all know that being black means that we have to do much more then our competitors. We have always had to excell no matter what position or cause. Here for the first time we have an African American President who sometimes doesn't want to be associated/referred to by his race. He is doing what he can with what he has to work with. He has no support from his congress or from the corporations (which bleed the plublic dry with their welfare needs)he has even loss the support from the very people who put him in office. Ask yourself this? If he was born rich or had the interest of large businesses as his first priority would he succeed? GAVE THE MAN TIME. HE IS ONLY ONE PERSON AND CAN'T MAKE CHANGES BY HIMSELF. He is a good leader with many obsticles in his way. I truly believe that there are still some good people out there black, white, hispanic, asian,and a host of other races that believe he can and will succeed in his service of president. I an 56 yrs. old and have witnessed some changes good and bad but, when it comes to a black person progressing and having support behind him/her there is always opposition...Be ppositive, be happy, and do what you can to support our president instead of being disappointed about what he can't do on his own. Have a pleasant eveing

Cynique, over the last few years your opiion regarding Obama has been consistent and time is showing accurate. As you know I just wanted a brother to get chance at the helm. Even in hindsight I still would not change my opinion.

That said, it has become increasingly obvious that the president is beholden to the people who got him in the office. These people should not be confused with the Black folks of modest means (like myself) who contributed their pennies and cast their votes.

Obama recieved a ton of money from Wall Street folks (more so than Hillary). So when we learn about a Wall Street bailout it should come as no surprise. Indeed, if we looked at the Wall Street people in high positions in governement it is really a case of the foxes watching the hen house.

Liberals and most Black folks are too caught up in having a Black man in the white house to be concerned about the shit that is going down -- at our expense.

bunnnie0203, I hear what you are saying, but I think the premise is flawed: True Obama came into a mess. However the idea that Obama's goal is to make it better for all American is untrue. His first priority, are the rich folks that got him in the office. If a few poor folks benefit as a result that is cool, but that is not the prioirty despite how Obama expresses it.

Xeon, it does not matter what those rednecks think. They, like us, are disenfranshised, but are too distracted by their own racism to see this...

You deny being an "Obamanite", Xeon, but in your passionate defense of him you proceed to engage in the very hyperbole you accuse his critics of using. Sounds like the rant of an "Obamanite" to me.

Wasn’t a rant my dear, I only stated the facts. Obama cannot procced with the policy and legislation changes he wants because of congressional partisin gridlock. The republicans will resist anything he proposes –it doesn’t matter what it is. The democrats are splintered and no longer hold the voting edge needed to proceed forward. He will be harshly criticized from the left and the right on national security –not matter what he does. Those are the documented facts –not hyperbole.

BTW, many voices in the growing chorus of Obama detractors are black Democrats. And in your attempt to cast him as a political martyr, you overlook how millions of people, like you, still support him.

I could care less what the so-called others think. What exaclty are these so-called detractors angry about? Health care reform? Bail outs? Job losses? National security issues? What??? I am not about to join the venomous railings of the Limbaugh’s, Palin's, Beck's, FOX channel news, the Tea Baggers or the noodling Negro haters. I stick with the facts and not groundless political and race propaganda.

I do not think the man is flawless nor do I believe he is a martyred messiah as you have suggested. I just know that he cannot affect the changes we need until the congressional gridlock is resolved (which ain’t happnin’ any time soon). He has done things that I did not agree with but regardless, I am not about to join a chorus line of boo’s and jeers that has no real substance. Sorry, but we can be civil and agree to disagree on this……