Why Do So Many Black Americans Still Listen To And Believe In Joe Biden?

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I've repeatedly said for over 10 years now that Black folks need a SOLID AGENDA.

But what I've been saying for about 3 years specifically is that INTELLIGENT and DECENT Black folks need to get together and formulate this agenda because you'll never unite ALL Black folks on everything.

Just don't let THEM butter biscuit eating fools in our meetings and we'll be alright.
Let them wait outside in the drive way next to the cars until we're finished talking businesses.
Then they can drive us back home...or to the closest Popeye's chicken to celebrate our success...lol

Sure.  It only takes the talented 10% to hammer out a solid agenda and present it behalf of the group.

The best and brightest black minds didn't wait around for consensus when it came down to getting things done.  They knew there were more than a few butter biscuit and greasy chicken eating n8gglets licking their fingers who were down for whatever as long as they came up.😁

Pioneer, as I read your last two lines quoted above, I'm hearing NF Jr's voice.  ROTFLMAO.🤣

Nowadays, it's hard to get the talented 10th in the same room.  They've got platforms that allow them to do a whole lot of talking without solving any problems.  I'm not going to drop names but you have an idea.

It's been 53 years since MLK Jr was assassinated.  I'm beginning to think they killed the dream and buried any hope of a black agenda with him. 😎

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2021 at 6:15 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Which politician(s) do you suggest Black Americans get behind and support?

Trump of course.

4 hours ago, ProfD said:

Nowadays, it's hard to get the talented 10th in the same room.  They've got platforms that allow them to do a whole lot of talking without solving any problems.  I'm not going to drop names but you have an idea

The Talented Tenths was an ideological trap. We need to develop all our community so that can take independent action. America is on the verge of collapse and oppression is in the wings.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

The Talented Tenths was an ideological trap. We need to develop all our community so that can take independent action. America is on the verge of collapse and oppression is in the wings.

Ideologically, the responsibility of the Talented 10th was to put their own personal interests aside in order to uplift their communities. 

Regardless of whether it's a country or a corporation, when it comes to leadership, a small percentage of folks leads the multitude.

A Talented 10th doesn't absolve the role of the 90%. Every  individual within the community has the responsibility of using their knowledge, skills and abilities to make life better as well. 😎

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

You don’t become the 10% if you do that.

IMO, a talented black person can still be a 10% if they decide to work, lead, live and play, etc., i.e. uplift a black  community instead of taking their talent to a white community.

People are inspired and motivated by those who look like and are of them.

Unfortunately, through media and in their communities the role models many black folks are most often exposed to are athletes, entertainers, drug dealers and gang-bangers.

But, that inspiration and motivation would  work just as well if there were more black professionals (teachers, doctors, engineers, scientists, etc.)  and business owners in black communities. 😎

16 minutes ago, ProfD said:

IMO, a talented black person can still be a 10% if they decide to work, lead, live and play, etc., i.e. uplift a black  community instead of taking their talent to a white community.

It’s not even about the White Community, it’s about the relationship to the other 90% that’s the problem. The human emotions of jealousy and hubris were never fully factored into the equation, they within them and other emotions lay the root of the undermining forces.

5 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

It’s not even about the White Community, it’s about the relationship to the other 90% that’s the problem. The human emotions of jealousy and hubris were never fully factored into the equation, they within them and other emotions lay the root of the undermining forces.

Understood. Part of being among the 10% is having the ability to transcend those negative human emotions.   It's takes a strong mind, courage and determination to shake haters and keep pushing.  But, it's not impossible.  

Despite his personal problems, DC Mayor for life, Marion Barry is an example of the Talented Tenth.  The man had a MS in Chemistry.  He could have worked in corporate America and lived a nice, cushy life.  Instead, he became the mayor of the original Chocolate City. Mayor Barry was beloved in the city by folks from all walks of life because he was of the community he served.  Mayor Barry would show up any and everywhere just to kick it with the people.  The business, educational and employment opportunities he created uplifted hundreds of thousands of black folks who are doing extremely well.  I'm a living testimony.  😎

12 minutes ago, ProfD said:

Understood. Part of being among the 10% is having the ability fo transcend those negative human emotions.   It's takes a strong mind, courage and determination to shake haters and keep pushing.  But, it's not impossible.  

It hasn’t and won’t happen because it promotes elitism and not excellence.

48 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

IMO, it has happened.  I provided one example of a Talented Tenth black man who inspired excellence without being elitist. 

There are many others.  They just don't get the shine or credit for the work they do in uplifting black folks. 

Instead, the spotlight is placed on athletes and entertainers.  The talented 1% of which the odds of making are slim to none.😎

ProfD

Nowadays, it's hard to get the talented 10th in the same room.  They've got platforms that allow them to do a whole lot of talking without solving any problems.  I'm not going to drop names but you have an idea.

If you read my posts you'll notice I constantly talk about the most intelligent AND decent Black people coming together to build.
Because we have plenty of INTELLIGENT Black people in our community.  Problem is many of them are IMMORAL and use that intelligence for evil and selfish purposes that do nothing to uplift the collective and in many cases help destroy the community for self enrichment.

As soon as they get in the room with eachother, they start competing with eachother over who's the smartest, who has the most money, who should be the leader.
Egos so big....like Biggie said...ya hat can't fit you.

image.jpeg.91097708d2ef783aafd320be897b8716.jpeg

"When da' lime light hits ya......."

Regardless of whether it's a country or a corporation, when it comes to leadership, a small percentage of folks leads the multitude.

A Talented 10th doesn't absolve the role of the 90%. Every  individual within the community has the responsibility of using their knowledge, skills and abilities to make life better as well. 

💯 Beautifully stated!

You can't have a society where EVERYBODY is in charge and doing what they want to do in their own direction.
You need a society where you have clear, qualified leadership who are dedicated to moving the community in the right direction...progress.

One of the problems with out community is you currently have too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

Daniel

Trump of course.

Now that was easy!

@nels   See how easy it was for him to admit he supports Trump.
Now why can't you just admit that?

Elitism is part of human nature.
You'll always have a minority of leaders and a majority of followers.

It’s not even about the White Community, it’s about the relationship to the other 90% that’s the problem. 

True
And vice versa
The Black masses also have a problem respecting it's leaders!

When the Chinese or Japanese leader tells the people what to do, the put their head down and shuffle off to do it.

Try telling a nigga what to do....even if you are CLEARLY more qualified than him.

samuel l jackson" Meme Templates - Imgflip

"Ooo da' fuck you thank
YOU talking too???
You ain't nu'na my daddy!
Don't be tellin' ME what to do!
Where dem White folks at??"

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OURROYAL BLACKGOLD said:

AS SEEN ON AN OLD MEXICAN AMERICAN OLD TRUCK: "A (FILL IN THE BLANK) VOTING FOR A republican IS LIKE A CHICKEN VOTING FOR COLONEL SANDERS"!!! 

That shows the effectiveness of the propaganda campaign. Democrats have been horrible for Blacks and still is. The policy they are pushing are leading to suppression.

8 hours ago, OURROYAL BLACKGOLD said:

AS SEEN ON AN OLD MEXICAN AMERICAN OLD TRUCK: "A (FILL IN THE BLANK) VOTING FOR A republican IS LIKE A CHICKEN VOTING FOR COLONEL SANDERS"!!! 

4 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

That shows the effectiveness of the propaganda campaign. Democrats have been horrible for Blacks and still is. The policy they are pushing are leading to suppression.

************************************************************************************

Exactly.  

Remember - You ain’t Black unless you vote for Joe Biden

since you are not capable of critical thinking or figuring out

what’s in your own best interest.

BUILD.  BACK.  WORSE.  MAKE.  AMERICA.  AWFUL.  AGAIN.

image.gif.b05fef28d3e6760b4f9376c41adcdba5.gif

************************************************************************************

On 10/14/2021 at 4:15 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Elitism is part of human nature.
You'll always have a minority of leaders and a majority of followers

You will find people with superior skills in different areas. Just because someone excels doesn’t make them part of the ruling entity. The question is does the governing structure serve the people or the other way around?

6 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

if our people aren't already suppressed?

Criminals aren’t good examples to prove suppression of our people.

I will say he served as Crispus Attucks for the American Counter revolution.

• Like 1

Daniel

You will find people with superior skills in different areas. Just because someone excels doesn’t make them part of the ruling entity. 

It depends on what skills they're superior in.

If they're superior in sports or art or music...they may or may not make very good leaders.
However if they are superior in planning, Charisma, community organizing, and solving major problems....these are the talents that a GOOD leader should possess.

The question is does the governing structure serve the people or the other way around?

If that's the question...then the answer is both.

A good government is not only served BY the people but SERVES the people quite well.

Criminals aren’t good examples to prove suppression of our people.

They are if the criminal is the one with his knee on George's neck.

image.jpeg.5a0b4419587277d45749b5ff171a27fe.jpeg

image.jpeg.4055292271e204e435114789c9bfa4e5.jpeg

Guest umbrarchist

Believing in politicians is ridiculous.

I didn't BELIEVE in Obama, but I voted for him the 1st time. It costs a LOT of Money to run for president. So as I was voting I was also wondering, "Who bought him?"

On 10/16/2021 at 9:55 AM, Mzuri said:

BUILD.  BACK.  WORSE.  MAKE.  AMERICA.  AWFUL.  AGAIN.

I like to believe I'm a fairly knowledgeable person. But, I cannot recall a single time in America's history when it was great or better.

Throughout America's history some group of people has been slaughtered, oppressed, marginalized, etc. 

The American people have been anesthetized and desensitized to the inhuman conditions and burdens placed on others but sh8t has never been sweet for some folks. 😎

3 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

I said America 🇺🇸, not my life.

What good is "America" being great if it's not making YOUR life any better?

What did Malcolm say about the slave running to fetch buckets of water to put the fire out at MASSA'S house???
If you have no dog in the fight or horse in the race....you shouldn't care.

16 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

that's the question...then the answer is both.

A good government is not only served BY the people but SERVES the people quite well.

There is no both.

15 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

What good is "America" being great if it's not making YOUR life any better?

That’s a very selfish question and doesn’t reflect the difference in states of being. Many parts of my life have nothing to do with America. My personal life has been getting better and better.

17 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

What did Malcolm say about the slave running to fetch buckets of water to put the fire out at MASSA'S house???

America is my house. Silly paradigms like that indicate a lack of consciousness, experience or willful misrepresentation of reality. I say go to your more perfect country if you feel you are a slave.!

Daniel

That’s a very selfish question and doesn’t reflect the difference in states of being. Many parts of my life have nothing to do with America. My personal life has been getting better and better.

Since Biden has become President???

I say go to your more perfect country if you feel you are a slave.!

Why on Earth would I run away and leave the problem for someone else to solve?

If your house get's infested with rats and roaches, would you just pack up and LEAVE for another one....or would you try to clean it up and solve the pest problem?

How to Spot Mice or Rats in Home - Rodent Infestation

"I see he got on that damn FOX NEWS again.
I should chew the nicca's cable box up."

2 hours ago, ProfD said:

I like to believe I'm a fairly knowledgeable person. But, I cannot recall a single time in America's history when it was great or better.

America was much better off a couple of years ago than it is now,

that's for sure.  

We are dealing with higher prices, inflation, supply chain backlog,

product shortages, border crisis, corrupt administration, increased

crime, police shortages, unemployment, COVID, CRT, and several

other major problems.  

If you can't remember a better time than now, perhaps you need

a shot of espresso or something to jolt your memory.

A better time??

Hmmmm...........

I think for me and most Black people...the 90s were a much better time economically than it is today.
Crime was high, but economically speaking there was far less homelessness among our people than today.
Plus the jobs paid better or atleast the money took you further back in the 90s than it does today.

Many service industry jobs were paying $10 and $12 and hour right up until 6 months ago.
They bumped up the wages a couple bucks on many jobs as an incentive to bring more people back, but it's not working.
But I was making $10 plus commission back in the early 90s as a saleman and that was nearly 30 years ago.

Wages really haven't increased much although rent, mortgage, and real estate has.

I was around in the 70s but I was a kid and don't know how hard or easy it was to make a living but I know in Detroit the factory workers were making $20+ an hour plus full benefits even back then!
Most Black folks were owning their own homes, buying houses to rent out, saving money, ect...
Black folks seem to have it better in the 70s collectively than in the 90s and definitely better than today.

• Like 1