Irreconcilable differences

My divorce from the black race is final.  I am no longer wed to this sprawling entity reeling under the spell of the "what black folks need to do" mantra, an insanity that chants the same things over and over again, expecting different results, blaming the same conditions, fixating on the same villains, excusing the same behavior, mesmerized by the same denial, creating the seductive narrative that my diminished appeal couldn't compete with. My own unfaithfulness made things worse. Love didn't conquer all.   Now,  here  i am, on my own, lanquishing under the radar, living out my remaining days, realizing that some things are just not meant to be...

Should a great grand child of mine come across this decree 50 years from now, will the words inspire laughter or tears?  

Anyway, feel free to bid me a rousing good riddance!

• Haha 3

************************************************************************************

@Cynique

I'm sorry but you can't divorce your race. 

You and your cat(s) aren't going anywhere!

picgifs-cats-5662468.gif

************************************************************************************

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cynique said:

i don't think my decision can be challenged.  I am invisible. Nobody pays any attention to old folks. and neither black nor will be interested in claiming me. I am Vampira; raceless!

.811038469_Nanainblack.thumb.jpg.86854b1dd9833de393a5b6424e92ee43.jpgo

r 

Well before you walk away..........
Can you leave us that black necklace and pendant you got around your neck?

YOU might be invisible...but IT ain't....lol

• Haha 1

You look GREAT Cynique!!!  Seriously.

But you still ain't going nowhere.

You or your cat(s).

image.gif.8785143687b80060320f759e8d2d8477.gif

2 hours ago, Cynique said:

My divorce from the black race is final.  I am no longer wed to this sprawling entity reeling under the spell of the "what black folks need to do" mantra...

Anyway, feel free to bid me a rousing good riddance!

My sista, I'm new around here but I thoroughly appreciate the dialog you have engaged with me.🙂

I'm guilty of suggesting what black folks need to do but I think it's a necessary dialog too. 

I would hope that you'll hang in a while longer. We've got more music to discuss.😎

• Like 1

It was not me who said I was going anywhere! All I said was that my divorce from the black race was final. That doesn't mean I have become a non participant in activities of my choosing.  It just meant that, as far as my people are concerned,  I  am no longer a part of the solution, i am a part of the problem - by way of indifference. 

13 minutes ago, Cynique said:

I never said I was going anywhere!

You said you are leaving the Black race.

But you're right, you aren't going anywhere.

Because you were born Black, and you will 

always be a Strong, Beautiful, Black Woman.  

roses36.gif.b990ae2edcccc9aeb45c48853fa1e69c.gif

6 minutes ago, Delano said:

There's no solution for Blacks in America. It is what has always been. A few will thrive , some will get back and others fighting to survive.

Brotha, my rational mind knows better.

But, in my eternal optimism, I may be hopelessly delusional in believing I'll live to see AfroAmericans become less dysfunctional and more constructive.😁

In the meantime, I'll keep up my ministry. If I can reach one, that's a start. 😎

25 minutes ago, Delano said:

What have you seen to make you think it will get better. And I commend your efforts. I wonder if there is different between hope and delusion

My rational mind agrees with your rationale about black folks in America. I'm keeping hope alive. I cannot be delusional.😁😎

34 minutes ago, ProfD said:

I cannot be delusional

I have no way of knowing one way or the other. How can you be certain?

3 hours ago, Cynique said:

Nobody pays any attention to old folks. and neither black nor will be interested in claiming me

From the my teen age years onwards. I always sought older people for conversation and debate. You and Mel  are part of my tribe, part Soceress and Magus.

• Thanks 1

Nah don’t quit now on us brother it will always be one less on the. Battle field. We must remember we are not fighting a physical war rather a spirit of evil and ideologies so just when you think one is not listening you’re voice are being heard I’m here 

4 hours ago, Delano said:

I much prefer truth.

Getting the truth is a matter of asking the *right* questions. 

Find the most qualified people capable of providing answers backed by evidence as necessary to your questions. 😎

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ProfD said:

Find the most qualified people capable of providing answers backed by evidence as necessary to your questions. 

I am only looking for small "t" truth, it doesn't require external verification.

14 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Should that Black mind be replaced with a White mind?

The black mind should exercise common sense and stop looking at life through the prism of race, which is a crutch that is killing black ingenuity and excellence. If you're offended by the confederate flag, then you have a lot to learn.

White man is nothing but savages why would anyone chose beast over humanity

@nels how could even say such a thing if the black mind should stop looking at life through prism of race au contraire it’s the white mind that’s looking at thing through race Africans  embraced them and they turn around and devour them. Now you said if black person are offended by the confederate flag they have a lot to learn nope it’s you little lesson if a dog ever bite you every time u look at a dog you will have that memory that fear that feeling just saying symbols are interpreted different by different people you don’t know what anyone history is. But I know one thing the world were subjugated by white yet we do not hate them we demanding equal right lol that even sounds stupid. We were equal amongst our peers that idea of inferiority didn’t even comes to our head till the interaction with the white man 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Rev said:

White man is nothing but savages why would anyone chose beast over humanity

@nels how could even say such a thing if the black mind should stop looking at life through prism of race au contraire it’s the white mind that’s looking at thing through race Africans  embraced them and they turn around and devour them. Now you said if black person are offended by the confederate flag they have a lot to learn nope it’s you little lesson if a dog ever bite you every time u look at a dog you will have that memory that fear that feeling just saying symbols are interpreted different by different people you don’t know what anyone history is. But I know one thing the world were subjugated by white yet we do not hate them we demanding equal right lol that even sounds stupid. We were equal amongst our peers that idea of inferiority didn’t even comes to our head till the interaction with the white man 

📢  PREACH!!!!!!!

13 hours ago, nels said:

The black mind should exercise common sense and stop looking at life through the prism of race, which is a crutch that is killing black ingenuity and excellence. If you're offended by the confederate flag, then you have a lot to learn.

Well enlighten me then.

What EXACTLY do I need to learn about the Confederate Flag so that I won't find it offensive?

That question was half-way rhetorical...lol.
Because if I've learned anything from your responses to my OTHER questions for you....it wouldn't be wise for me to stop my whole day and sit by my computer waiting on a detailed answer, lol.

On 10/6/2021 at 10:26 AM, ProfD said:

Find the most qualified people capable of providing answers backed by evidence as necessary to your questions. 😎

Yes.

12 hours ago, nels said:

If you're offended by the confederate flag, then you have a lot to learn.

I guess then, I have a lot to learn because I believe that flag is offensive.

11 hours ago, Rev said:

how could even say such a thing if the black mind should stop looking at life through prism of race au contraire it’s the white mind that’s looking at thing through race Africans  embraced them and they turn around and devour them.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Chevdove said:

Yes.

I guess then, I have a lot to learn because I believe that flag is offensive.

Thank you!

Don't think race, think smart, and then you'll get somewhere. Until then, responding with emotion won't earn you any stripes.

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

📢  PREACH!!!!!!!

Well enlighten me then.

What EXACTLY do I need to learn about the Confederate Flag so that I won't find it offensive?

That question was half-way rhetorical...lol.
Because if I've learned anything from your responses to my OTHER questions for you....it wouldn't be wise for me to stop my whole day and sit by my computer waiting on a detailed answer, lol.

Do you know how you sound? Get past race ball and chain.