Bonnets and Shower Caps????

What's up with so many sistaz running around in bonnets and shower caps lately?

You can't go into a gas station or a Popeyes Chicken joint without seeing some young sista toddling around with a cell phone stuck to her hear and a shower cap on her head, lol.

If she ain't got a shower cap on, she's got one of those hand-kerchiefs wrapped around her head and tied in the front calling it a bonnet.

Busted Bonnet In Public LOL!

• Thanks 1

Yeah bro, in addition to bonnets and shower caps, n8gglets (male and female) down in these parts are wearing pajamas out in public too.

I'm wondering how f8cking lazy can you be to jump outta bed and get into a car and show up at the grocery store in night clothes.

Then, the dudes pants are sagging to the point that if they're wearing a belt it is around their thighs.

That's when I'm wishing a dude who just did 20 long in the penalty box  rolled up on these crash dummies...I see your ad slim, what up doe:

image.png.cb009727147b3511b08cfd8c426e23da.png

I can only shake my head when it comes to the fashion sense or lack thereof among my people.😎

• Like 1

ProfD

You ain't LYING bro.
It's one thing to see women running around in pajamas, but I've seen so many YOUNG DUDES bopping up and down the street in their pajamas and sandals.

To me, a man should be ready for BATTLE when he walks out the house.
You should be dressed in some hard shoes that allow you to fight (or run if you must...lol) and tussle if it comes to it.

How in the hell are you gonna protect yourself let alone your lady when you're walking around with some soft ass pajamas on with little kangaroos on them?

They don't even have to hit him, all they have to do is just snatch down his pajama bottoms and he'll be embrassed and tripping all over the damn place.

As for women in pajamas...............
For some reason I do NOT find that sexy at all.
Even if the woman was ordinarily sexy....if she's wearing fruity pajama with her butt bouncing and wobbling all over the place, it doesn't seem right.

Pajamas in Public? Really? | ohnobooboo

"Yeah....is this Kentucky Fried?
Ok then.
Small fries and BIG MAC."

If she's been wearing them all day in public...you KNOW they stank.

• Haha 2

Black folks are known to bring flavor, flair and creativity to everything we touch from food to the arts, sports, entertainment,  fashion, etc.

When we hit, it's fire but when we miss, we're straight on our heads.

A black man designed the Chrysler 300 car. That sh8t sold like hotcakes and became the  modern day Cadillac. Not my thing but the old  school playas loved it. 

But, these bonnets, shower caps, pajamas, Crocs, mismatched socks, skinny jeans and eyelashes  that look like spiders and dudes putting black shoe polish on their head and facial hair. Don't get me started or should I continue...😁😎

************************************************************************************

Back in the olden days, when Negros were elegant, they didn’t even leave the 
house unless they were dressed to impress. Ladies and Gentlemen wore hats, 
gloves, pressed garments, shined shoes, and overcoats.  They cared about 
their appearance.

Now, people are going out dressed any kind of way.  

Females are wearing house dresses, nightgowns, hair curlers, and whatever
suits their fancy to take the kids to school, doctor’s appointments, grocery
stores, and everywhere else.  

Men are out there with their pants hanging down, shirts unbuttoned, shoe laces
untied, unkempt, looking like bums.  It’s no wonder you dummies can’t get a job,
still living at home with your momma.  

What is worse is that the clothing items I mentioned are interchangeable now. 
So, there’s men in dresses and women walking around with their pants hanging
down, behinds hanging out to expose their rank boxer shorts, acting like thugs.

They should all be ashamed for being a disgrace, but they’re not because they
don’t seem to know any better.

While the rest of us decent folks are wondering what in the world have we become.

image.gif.b05fef28d3e6760b4f9376c41adcdba5.gif

************************************************************************************

• Thanks 1

Mzuri

You know, a lot of this mess started AFTER so-called "integration".

Before integrating with Caucasians socially, Black American were the MOST morally upright, religious, and physically cleanest people in the country.

Black folks were the ones who loved dressing up to go to church.
Fixing big Sunday dinners.
Had the most respect for their elders
Valued family more than any other group.

That changed a generation or two AFTER mixing it up with Caucasians.

Africans come to this country and many of them can't even RECOGNIZE our people.
Many Africans can get along better with Caucasians than our people because of what "integrating" with Caucasians have done to them and their morals.

Back in the old days, the furthest a Black woman would go in a house-coat would be her front porch to get her mail.

I'll give you an example.......
Back before the mid-80s, most Black homes kept PLASTIC on their couches and living room furniture and didn't let the kids sit on it to keep it clean.
That couch and chair would be 200 years old....lol....and still clean without a speck of dust on it because of that plastic.

The plastic also came in handy for keeping that Jheri Curl juice from getting all up in the fabric and making a stain.

Mo's Soul Glo | A Hot Mama

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

Back before the mid-80s, most Black homes kept PLASTIC on their couches and living room furniture and didn't let the kids sit on it to keep it clean.
That couch and chair would be 200 years old....lol....and still clean without a speck of dust on it because of that plastic.

The plastic also came in handy for keeping that Jheri Curl juice from getting all up in the fabric and making a stain.

Yep.  As black folks "arrived" and moved on up like The Jeffersons, they started becoming more lax in all areas of human activity.  Where we are today didn't happen overnight. It's been a slow decline.

Plastic on the furniture was an aesthetic not only keep the furniture clean but also to make it look new indefinitely.  There were plastic runners on the carpet and plastic flowers.  I know  some of you remember that dusty azz fruit bowl too. 😁😎

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Back in the old days, the furthest a Black woman would go in a house-coat would be her front porch to get her mail.

@Pioneer1

I do not know when all this not giving a care started but I know it 

needs to end.  Black people, collectively, will never be successful if 

most of us lack self-discipline, self-respect, and self-esteem.

Everybody had their furniture and carpets covered in plastic.  And 

it was so uncomfortable to sit on.  Now we don’t do that any more

because we all have carpet and upholstery cleaning machines.

I remember that scene from Coming to America.  It was so hilarious!

image.gif.b05fef28d3e6760b4f9376c41adcdba5.gif

ProfD

MAN....I forgot about those plastic runners on the carpet until you brought it back up!

I had an aunt and a bunch of friends who's mothers had them.
And you had to take your shoes off when you stepped off the plastic.

We had that big bowl of plastic fruit on our coffee table...lol
So I know what you mean.

We didn't have a White Jesus on the wall.
But we did have a picture of MLK.

Some Black folks had a picture of MLK....White Jesus...and JFK all lined up, lol

I had a friend who's mother actually would walk around the house TALKING to that White Jesus on the wall when she got frustrated, like loosing her keys...lol.

image.jpeg.3dbe9aca2e4412fc23965ad01801dd55.jpeg

"I wish you'd HURRY UP 
and help me find 'dem keys!
I gotta git to work!"

Mzuri

Everybody had their furniture and carpets covered in plastic.  And 

it was so uncomfortable to sit on.  Now we don’t do that any more

because we all have carpet and upholstery cleaning machines.

Well a lot of Black folks today don't even HAVE furniture in their homes!

You go in some Black homes today and there's noting but a few milk crates a flat-screen tv on the wall, and a control pad for video games.

Some of these people don't even have BEDS to sleep on.....just a mattress on the floor.

• Like 1