Clearing Up A Misunderstianding

I would like to clear up a possible misconception pertaining to my last post about mixed bloods and the one drop rule.

It was inappropriately entitled  Why Blacks Continue To Hold On To The One Drop Rule and Mixed People.  

On face value, it may have seemed as though I was blaming black people for perpetuating the one drop rule.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

I was just pointing out reasons why blacks may be a little leery  of bi racial people having their own racial category.

The one drop rule was established by Anglo American colonizers to maintain white social status and preserve the purity of the race.

They did this by primarily targeting mixed bloods and white people with black admixture, even though all black people were covered.

And I was not disparaging black men(especially high status) who marry lighter skinned women. This has been going on for a very long time in the black American community.

This is just an observation that a lot of black women who have issues with colorism in the dating market have noticed.

On face value, it may have seemed as though I was blaming black people for perpetuating the one drop rule.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

You cleared it up....but now I disagree with it, lol.

I actually DO believe that it's AfroAmericans primarily who are keeping the "one drop" rule alive and well today.
Most people, and especially more immigrants who come to this nation and learn the names for colors and races.....are VERY confused as to why so many people who obviously aren't Black...are being labeled as such.

I personally think the "one drop" rule should be abolished.
We need a more accurate way of categorizing race and ethnicity.

That's why I draw a distinction between BLACK and AFROAMERICAN...two separate concepts