From the "City Stole Black Owned Land and Erected a Monument" Files

With NYC Central Park Condos going for nearly $10 million, imagine how much Seneca Village would be worth today?  Descendants of the Lyons family may know the dollar amount but they probably will never see a penny. 

I shared this NYT article from my account it should be open to read. 

Their Land Became Part of Central Park. They’re Coming Back in a Monument.

albro-and-mary-joseph-lyons.jpg

A new sculpture will honor the Lyons family, black activists and property owners who once lived in Seneca Village, a community destroyed by the creation of the park.

A double ambrotype portrait of Albro and Mary Joseph Lyons. The city is planning a monument depicting them, along with their daughter Maritcha, in Central Park.Credit...Smith Collection/Gado, via Getty Images

Also, check out the book  Black Gotham |A Family History of African Americans in Nineteenth-Century New York City  by Carla L. Peterson, "an academic who wrote a book on investigating her own family history. Dr. Peterson is a great-grand-niece of Maritcha Lyons."  

• Like 4

On 10/6/2021 at 11:56 AM, Mel Hopkins said:

With NYC Central Park Condos going for nearly $10 million, imagine how much Seneca Village would be worth today?  Descendants of the Lyons family may know the dollar amount but they probably will never see a penny. 

The monument to the Lyons will be a very nice gesture.  Thanks to the folks who "dug up" their history as it relates to Central Park.

Land has been a primary source of white wealth in America as over a century or so they have gotten paid for owning  acres of dirt when public and private developers decide to build any and everything.  Folks hit the powerball  when Wal-Mart decides to buid a store in the spot where their living room or kitchen currently resides.

Whenever I hear black folks talk about their family owning land, my 1st  question is always whether or not it's producing passive income. Nope.  The land is usually tied up in a warped form of family politics or litigation leading to stagnation as an investment.

Yeah, when I think about the fortune the Lyons family does not have in relation to the value of land in New York City, I can only shake my head because I know that wealth has been stolen. 😎

• Like 2

Most Blk families down South owned land.
But they sold it for cheap prices just to leave the racist South and flock to northern cities like Chicago, Detroit, and Philly to get factory jobs or other professions not realizing how much value they actually grew up on.

Now many of their descendants are moving BACK down South, and sleeping on the sidewalks of Atlanta.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, ProfD said:

Whenever I hear black folks talk about their family owning land, my 1st  question is always whether or not it's producing passive income. Nope.  The land is usually tied up in a warped form of family politics or litigation leading to stagnation as an investment.

13 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Most Blk families down South owned land.

I recently learned of "Heirs' Property" through a ProPublica news report. Linkhttps://features.propublica.org/black-land-loss/heirs-property-rights-why-black-families-lose-land-south/  The practice is another side-effect of racism - where many Black Americans especially in the south were suspicious of the courts, legal system, etc. When they died intestate the property was left to the heirs.   Unfortunately, this opens families to additional theft of property - not through eminent domain but greed. The brothers in the story had their land sold out from under them when another "heir" sold the property to developers.     The refused to leave the land and was sentenced to prison.  

It is important for families, non-traditional families - including single parents, cohabitating singles, and even single men and women to file a Will and set up a Trust Estate.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

It is important for families, non-traditional families - including single parents, cohabitating singles, and even single men and women to file a Will and set up a Trust Estate.  

Definitely important to have a Will and Trust Estate. Black folks should have the equivalent of  a business plan when it comes to their investments (land & property).

For the longest time, black folks have stressed the importance of getting a good education in order to get a good paying job.

Well, a good paying job which usually means trading labor for an hourly wage leaves most people just over broke (job) especially once debt and consumerism are factored.

A savings account is not the same thing as an investment account. Land ownership means nothing if it is not appreciating in value and/or producing passive income

IMO, in addition to pushing a soild education to increase knowledge, skills and abilities, we should be teaching entrepreneurship and self-sufficiency by way of  learning how to build and maintain wealth which brings power. 

Wealth is accumulated from producing goods and providing services and maintaining and controlling resources. 

Of course, white supremacy has gotten a thousand year jump on the program but it's never too late to start thinking correctly and making the right moves. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, ProfD said:

IMO, in addition to pushing a soild education to increase knowledge, skills and abilities, we should be teaching entrepreneurship and self-sufficiency by way of  learning how to build and maintain wealth which brings power. 

Wealth is accumulated from producing goods and providing services and maintaining and controlling resources. 

Of course, white supremacy has gotten a thousand year jump on the program but it's never too late to start thinking correctly and making the right moves. 😎

Whew! Ok now you're speaking my language of love 😍

• Haha 1

I think intelligent Black people should be business owners but I'm backing away from the idea of pushing  business ownership on Black audiences now unless I'm talking directly to people of a certain pedigree or on a certain level.
We know working a J-O-B for someone else isn't the quickest way to get rich, but most people aren't gonna get rich ANYWAY so why even put it in their minds to?
Somebody has to do the labor and keep society running, infact the vast majority of adults must willingly participate in this process.

More in line with the theme of this thread.......
Many of our people need to get back to learning how to work with their hands,  farm, build, raise animals and crops, and live off the land.
Skills that the vast majority have lost, becoming urban dwellers.

A portion of us...say atleast 15%.....need to learn agricultural skills and start growing food OURSELVES so that we can feed our community.  

image.jpeg.06c205508cae589c47aa337d13f0cdeb.jpeg

This is another reason why having land is so important and why it must be an essential part of any Reparations Package.

29 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

I think intelligent Black people should be business owners but I'm backing away from the idea of pushing  business ownership on Black audiences now unless I'm talking directly to people of a certain pedigree or on a certain level.
We know working a J-O-B for someone else isn't the quickest way to get rich, but most people aren't gonna get rich ANYWAY so why even put it in their minds to?
Somebody has to do the labor and keep society running, infact the vast majority of adults must willingly participate in this process.

Right.  Only a handful of people will start  businesses and somebody has to do the work. WEB DuBois called it the talented 10th.

However, if every worker has a an entrepreneurial mentality (think like a boss), they will own the work they do and enjoy it

Folks trade labor for money in jobs they hate and consume a bunch of unnecessary sh8t to make themselves feel better. Drugs and alcohol are popular.

If a business owner has motivated employees whether they are working on a farm or in a warehouse or office or driving a delivery vehicle,  who feel empowered and invested in the work they do, everyone benefits.  

Rich is relative.  Being able to cover the basic necessities in life (shelter, food, clothing, transportation, entertainment, etc, ) without having to stress over it is enough for most people to feel rich. 😎 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

@Pioneer1 folks with their own businesses are counted in the labor force - they/we are doing the work but we are doing it with W-9/EIN status not a W-2... Now if you mean the essential workers - well we are always going to have those workers in institutional settings hospitals, schools etc., and private-ownership.  The industrial age is gone - education needs to change with it and in some cases it has.  As for agricultural, the millennials (like my daughters) started growing food in their condos during the lockdown.. I think that's a good start. My daughter grows tomatoes, peppers and some other stuff.  I tried to grow herbs but I made the mistake of taking them outside and the bugs ate them up. 

• Haha 1

Mel

I'm not sure if it's that the Industrial age has GONE...of if it just MOVED....from the West...to Asia, and specifically China.

There is a lot that I don't like about the Chinese economy but what I DO like about it is it's DIVERSITY.
Unlike the U.S. where they're encouraging all kids to go to college and get degrees and pretty much give you a choice between a corporate job or low paying service industry job.....in China the government ensures that the Chinese labor force has a healthy mix of office jobs, skilled trades jobs, factory jobs, and agricultural jobs.
So where you don't qualify for ONE industry....you qualify for ANOTHER.

The manufacturing industry is alive and well in places like China and India where TENS of MILLIONS of people have relatively decent paying factor jobs still.
They're supporting their families off of the jobs they're working in factories and on farms.

No society is going to function well with a TOP HEAVY economy where over 75% of the workforce is dressed up, doing office work, and expecting the remaining 25% to pick up the trash and cut the grass.
We MUST return our blue collar and green collar base if we want a stable economy and stable society.

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

There is a lot that I don't like about the Chinese economy but what I DO like about it is it's DIVERSITY.

.....in China the government ensures that the Chinese labor force has a healthy mix of office jobs, skilled trades jobs, factory jobs, and agricultural jobs.
So where you don't qualify for ONE industry....you qualify for ANOTHER.

The manufacturing industry is alive and well in places like China and India where TENS of MILLIONS of people have relatively decent paying factor jobs still.
They're supporting their families off of the jobs they're working in factories and on farms.

I wouldn't call the Chinese employment program an exercise in diversity😁

Xi Jinping is gangsta as a benevolent dictator. He's running the country in excess of 1.5 billion people according to code (Communism). 

China has a caste system and opportunities are handed out within it.  Same goes for India.

But, to your point, the US does have plenty blue and green collar work that needs to be done.  The Infrastructure program should address it. 😎

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

'm not sure if it's that the Industrial age has GONE...of if it just MOVED....from the West...to Asia, and specifically China

Ok -I’ve been to Beijing several times and you’re correct - it moved.  Out of sight, Out of mind.  But yes not only is the air nearly unbreathable due to the coal powered electricity that run the factories but everything we buy here is either made in china or assembled there including APPLE Products. 

There are also many U.S. Corporations housed there including the NBA The times I stayed there it was in the same complex as their offices.

And let us not forget the “bootleggers”  Their buildings have cameras mounted outside just in case of a raid. 

I got my Prada tote  for about 20 rmbs ( $5 back then) and folks are still trying are get it from me.  The thing is when you buy bootleg in China - it’s real because all the designer ship their hardware and fabrics to the factories. 

So, yes good point.  I still don’t feel comfortable there.  But they were right about Facebook.

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

We MUST return our blue collar and green collar base

blue collar in what respect?

It seems as if everything  is going semiconductor chip and sensors. (Another made in China product)

One of my clients designed a proprietary chip that’s already on the market. It is expected to replace a lot of jobs in Industrial sector including railroad  transportation.  

This technology eliminates need for repairs or lengthy downtime. The creator said  he was unaware if there was an opportunity built into the product for non-tech workers.

If your definition of blue collar is similar to mine, it appears now is the time for blue-collar workers to also diversify their skill set.  

4 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

Roads, bridges, highways, tunnels and facilities are in need of repair and maintenance.

There's massive amounts of landscaping and clean up that needs to be done too. 

America should be beautiful everywhere we look. Not a piece of trash or a blade of grass  should be out of place.

No robots required. People need to get their hands dirty. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mel

Ok -I’ve been to Beijing several times and you’re correct - it moved.  Out of sight, Out of mind.  But yes not only is the air nearly unbreathable due to the coal powered electricity that run the factories but everything we buy here is either made in china or assembled there including APPLE Products. 

There are also many U.S. Corporations housed there including the NBA The times I stayed there it was in the same complex as their offices.

You know....that could have been US (Black America) instead of China!

Mao Tzedong actually studied the teachings of Marcus Garvey while he was in the U.S. and implemented some of his principles in his Revolution.

No top of what ProfD laid out for rebuilding the infrastructure and actually BUILDING it better than it was before......

I personally think most people don't have the intelligence and discipline to be "professionals".
I think most people are average in intelligence and goals.
They just want to make enough money to pay the bills, have a little fun, take care of their children if they have some....and relax.
Most people don't even want to READ a damn book, lol.

So simple blue collar factory jobs where they're making things and green collar jobs where they're growing things should be the majority of jobs.
That don't require extra education or skills beyond basic literacy
And those who WANT to better themselves and their careers could do so by going to school, entertainment industry, ect...
But atleast there would be an abundance of simple low skill jobs that pay a decent wage.

This is also why I encourage OWNING Black businesses, but I also encouraging WORKING FOR Black businesses a little more lately.

ProfD

You nailed it!

We need to get our people used to working again.

I mean PHYSICAL work.
Not the grueling work of slavery, but they do need to learn how to get outside and start sweating again while building up the community.

I wouldn't call the Chinese employment program an exercise in diversity. 😁 

Xi Jinping is gangsta as a benevolent dictator. He's running the country in excess of 1.5 billion people according to code (Communism). 

China has a caste system and opportunities are handed out within it.  Same goes for India.

Well...you might not necessarily like what I'm about to say but..quite frankly...that's how you MUST treat most people of color inside the system of Racism or "White Supremacy" (you can probably tell by now i don't like using that term) to get them to cooperate and work together for progress.

Whether your talking about Africa or Asia or the Americans...so many of our people and people of color in general have been so conditioned by Caucasians to ONLY respect and love White people...that the ONLY time they'll listen and obey the orders of a qualified Black or Brown or Yellow person is if he/she has a STICK in their hand and is known to USE it frequently.
Then you'll have some peace and order in the land.

It's a shame it has to be that way...but the racists have made it that way.

I've been a manager on many jobs and when you're dealing with some of our people you have to have a BAT in your hand and ready to swing it just to get them to cooperate with you....?

Joe Clark, Paterson, New Jersey's "Principled Principal," Has Passed Away

"DeAndre.....
WHAT TIME...did I tell you to have your ass here by?
No...no...no..no....WHAT TIME did I tell you?"

Which is why I say this so-called "democracy" mess they're trying to push on people of color around the planet is a damn joke.
People respect power and those in power.
They do what you MAKE them do.

Like you said, a BENEVOLENT dictator instead of a selfish evil one is what most of the people need.

I know you don't hear people talking like that much.
...but after decades of observation, that's the conclusion that I've come to.

Pioneer, I'm not in disagreement with a benevolent dictatorship. That's how most countries operate. But, it only works when there is no racism. 

On the planet, I would say that 80% of the work most people do is physical to some degree. About 20% of the workforce sits behind a desk and about 10% of them have their feet up on it.😁

China only became the modern day plantation because it's cheap labor. Companies make maximum profits by shipping jobs overseas.

Technology in the form of automation will be the final nail in the labor coffin. As soon as machines can farm and build things faster than human beings, there will be even fewer jobs.

Not sure about where you all live but cashiers are disappearing around here. The honor system of self-checkout is in full swing.

Unless I'm in a hurry, I still look for a human being to ring up my purchases. But, I see the handwriting on the wall. The cashier's days are numbered.

Non-technical educated professionals will be replaced in a few decades too. I believe the pandemic was a dry run in showing how many white collar jobs (administrative and management) aren't required.

Folks need to strap in because if they don't know how to use their hands and/or mind to produce goods and services, it will be a perpetual "Winter in America".  😎

ProfD

But you know Winter for America can actually turn out to be SPRING for Black America

The Seeds of Ancestors – Emergence Magazine

.....if we play our cards right.

Like Napoleon Hill said, every misfortune carries within it the seed for a FORTUNE....if you know where to look!

As AfroAmericans we've had so many opportunities since a year ago to flip things around and build our own little economies.

For example.....
When the schools closed, many AfroAmericans discovered that they could do a better job educating their OWN children than the public schools.

But that desire to stay on the Caucasian's porch...up under his awning where it's nice and shady...kept most of our people from moving.

This Global Pandemic could actually be an  opportunity INTELLIGENT AfroAmericans have been looking for to structure and build our own independent miniature communities inside the larger national one LIKE the Black Wallstreets and Bruce-Streets of the past.

Companies make maximum profits by shipping jobs overseas.

And you know the REAL reason most of these jobs were shipped overseas..........was to keep them out of the reach of AfroAmericans.
Before the 1980s, the U.S. was the manufacturing capital of the world.  Especially in places like Detroit.  But so many Black folks were working factory jobs and joining unions, making good money and buying homes and property....without a degree...White men got jealous and decided they had to "do something" about that.

White dudes got tired of every time they look up, here's a nicca with a bigger house and nicer car than HIS grinning at him with a gold tooth in his mouth.

Help; 4running out of fuel - Page 3 - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest  4Runner Forum

"Heeeey there big time......"

.....so they started sending the manufacturing jobs over seas.

And when more Black folks started getting degrees and entering the corporate world...they started sending THOSE jobs overseas too

Unless I'm in a hurry, I still look for a human being to ring up my purchases. But, I see the handwriting on the wall. The cashier's days are numbered.

Lol...not with THIS virus still raging.
Unless the cashier is a fine sister that I have a strong desire to flirt with...I'm taking my ass over to the self-check out lane to avoid them putting their sweaty hands on my pears and hot sauce bottles.

Some of them women got all kinds of boogers and dandruff and flakes and shit stuck in them long nails from digging in their nose and scratching their itchy scalp...and now they want to grin at me while they're groping my groceries...lol.

Yeah, in most of the stores this way they are trying to phase out the cashiers.
But they're having a hard time doing it because the automated machines keep fucking up....lol.

They have a row of automatic self-check out machines and every time you turn around one of those lights on them keep going off to request assistance.
They have almost as many attendants to help with the self-check out machines...as they have machines themselves...lol.
That acutaly defeats the purpose.

-You buy alcohol and they need to check your age....need to call an attendant to check your ID
-An item is on sale but the machine didn't register it...need to call an attendant to verify it's on sale
-A woman stands too close to the machine and her titties get checked out....need to call an attendant to get her titties taken off the item list (or she won't be able to walk out of the store with them...lol).

Those attendants STAY busy because humans are so in need and unpredictable that as much as they try, machines just can't take the place of a human.
Banks keep trying to do it too....but end up going back to the friendly bank teller.

IMO, the biggest mistake black folks make is consistently relying on white folks to give them a job.

As I mentioned in another thread, black folks should be thinking strategically especially when it comes to entrepreneurship. 

Case in point. Detroit had plenty factories. Black folks had the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to run it. When the white folks abandoned the factory, Black folks should have pooled their resources, bought and reopened it to build things.

In a NF Jr voice, what did black folks do but go home and sit on the porch and scratch their heads. Oh well, no more jobs guess I'll sell drugs.

Last time I visited Detroit about 16 years ago, property values dried up so bad, I heard you could buy a whole single family house for a stack ($1,000). 😁

This happened in every major city that once had manufacturing jobs. Baltimore,  MD is the same way. Straight depressing. I can buy an entire city block of housing right now for about $500k.

Problem is there's no infrastructure to make it worthwhile. I'd have to do what Dan Gilbert did in Detroit and Cleveland. Use my own money to rebuild a city. 

Music is my thing. Early on, Hip-Hop was a gold mine. White folks didn't wanna have anything to do with it. Thought it was a passing fad. Black folks were making legal dope money selling their own music. 

White folks caught wind of it, decided to front the money and n8gglets cashed out. Now, Japanese folks (Sony) own the master tapes. They pay black folks a salary to produce their own music. 

Manufacturing comes in different forms but the bottom line is to produce good, products and services and more importantly, own the business. 

I'm definitely hip to cats like Napoleon Hill. His book should be right next to that Bible that seems to be present in every Black household. 

I can go on all day regarding this topic because I'm passionate about it but sista Cynique  is tired of hearing about what black folks should do.😁😎

ProfD

IMO, the biggest mistake black folks make is consistently relying on white folks to give them a job.

Sorry, but it's no longer just YOUR opinion because I'm gonna have to SHARE it with you...lol

For DECADES...greats like the Honorable Booker T. Washington and the Honorable Elijah Muhammad and the Honorable Marcus Garvey have not only preached to us but WARNED us that we must become an independent people and start producing jobs for ourselves.
They warned us that a time will come where White folks won't even have enough jobs for their own people...let alone us.
That time has BEEN come....it came back in the 1980s.

Some heeded the warning, but most have not.

Again...this is why I stress having LAND so much and why just like the Lyon's family @Mel Hopkins mentioned, the Bruce family, and the hundreds of thousands of other AfroAmerican families of the past were able to be so successful.
They had their own land and were able to support themselves and build their own businesses on it uninterrupted by the local politics of that time.
Even if you are broke and penniless...as long as you own the land no one but the federal government can push you around and make you get off of it.

Case in point. Detroit had plenty factories. Black folks had the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to run it. When the white folks abandoned the factory, Black folks should have pooled their resources, bought and reopened it to build things.

In a NF Jr voice, what did black folks do but go home and sit on the porch and scratch their heads. Oh well, no more jobs guess I'll sell drugs.

YOU SIR ARE 10000% CORRECT!

I've been asking myself that question for decades.
And I've actually been asking former Black FACTORY WORKERS that same question for decades.
Why the hell didn't yall use some of that money yall were buying cadillacs, whiskey, and chasing white women with..to buy up the factories they abandonned and open them back up for yourself and YOUR CHILDREN????

But most of them would look at me with a silly grin on their face and then look off into the distance talking about
pictures of black old people - Google Search | African american men, Older  men, Character inspiration male

"Hmmm.....

Now wait a minute now!
That's  a GOOD question
right there!"

.....and give you that "thousand yard stare" look.

The answer I've come up with so far was NEGRO STUPIDITY.

That answers the question as to why they didn't do it.
And why many of them with money STILL haven't done it.

There are plenty of Black folks in Detroit with money....quite a few Black millionaires.  Just like in Atlanta and D.C.
But they tend to operate as INDIVIDUALS instead of collectively and if one falls...he's just in trouble.
Can't rely on the other Black millionaires to help him get back on his feet like the Arabs or Koreans may do eachother.

Problem is there's no infrastructure to make it worthwhile. I'd have to do what Dan Gilbert did in Detroit and Cleveland. Use my own money to rebuild a city. 

Facts.
Detroit doesn't have the infrastructure of a New York or Chicago.

It has a stronger foundational infrastructure than most newer cities like Houston or Denver or Seattle but it still doesn't compare to New York or Chicago.

In New York you can build a building anywhere and hook it up to the already existing infrastructure and the subway is right down the street and ready for the residents.
In Detroit, you have to repair the entire neighborhood, install new street lights, and clear the rust out of the pipes before a building is ready to be inhabited.

Having the highest Black population of any major city in the U.S.  (including higher than Atlanta) I wanted Detroit to be the capital of Black America for such a long time

Atleast we DID have a strong AfroAmerican mayor named Coleman Young who shielded us from a lot of the racism that our people were facing in other parts of the country.

Music is my thing. Early on, Hip-Hop was a gold mine. White folks didn't wanna have anything to do with it. Thought it was a passing fad. Black folks were making legal dope money selling their own music. 

White folks caught wind of it, decided to front the money and n8gglets cashed out. Now, Japanese folks (Sony) own the master tapes. They pay black folks a salary to produce their own music. 

Don't get me started bro.
I'm STILL angry that Motown left Detroit and went out to California....only to flip flop and drop.

Just like Black factory workers could have gotten together to revive the industry...Black Motown artists could have made Detroit the Urban music capital of the world just like country music artists made Nashville the music capital.

I'm definitely hip to cats like Napoleon Hill. His book should be right next to that Bible that seems to be present in every Black household.

It's funny you say that because I DO tend to read his books religiously....lol
Although I still read them with the understanding of racism and how it works and how I must add the element of racism ALONG with his advice and philosophy.

On 10/9/2021 at 5:11 PM, Pioneer1 said:

....and give you that "thousand yard stare" look.

The answer I've come up with so far was NEGRO STUPIDITY.

@Pioneer1I laughed out loud when I read this ... But what if it's not "Negro stupidity" at all. What if we're stunted - During the reconstruction period, we made strides in every industry. Link: https://www.nationalgeographic.org/article/african-american-inventors-19th-century/ 

We did it by not doing things "their way" but the "African" way... We're a people who inherently feel to create.  There is a Bantu word "KUUMBA"  for Divine creation or "creating something out of nothing."  But after years of having our communities burned to the ground or being hung for creating something they wanted to take credit for, we get stuck. When we're confronted with an opportunity to create something better from what they've abandoned, we're punished. They either throw us in jail, slaughter us, or both... 

In fact, @ProfD wrote this about hip-hop music, and the powers-that-be first attempted to slander the culture, then sought to control it. . It wasn't just the music - we created a whole culture that we turned into a multibillion-dollar industry.  In fact, Robert Johnson and his wife Sheila became the first media magnate billionaires due to hip hop, but I digress. They tried to take it over.   Our top creators' have control of intellectual property, including masters, trademarks, copyrights,  publishing, etc. 

We can't keep imitating them and think we're going to be successful using their tools. We must take control of our education, create new tools and develop our processes.

H/T to @Delfor codifying time markers and astrological charts

I think the residents saw those factories and knew they could do something with them.  But I think we've forgotten how we create.

Heck, we don't even learn the same way they do (or taught us to learn in their educational systems). They name and memorize things because they can't feel them.  We become intimate with what we don't know, empathize with the unknown to discern its meaning. We use that knowledge, i.e., synthesize the data to create systems.  

On 10/9/2021 at 11:07 AM, Pioneer1 said:

You know....that could have been US (Black America) instead of China!

Mao Tzedong actually studied the teachings of Marcus Garvey while he was in the U.S. and implemented some of his principles in his Revolution.

OMG!!!  I've always had a special (yet weird-a) affection for this man and I don't even know why - I've never study anything about him and U.S. Media /Educators only ever said he was bad. Now you've piqued my interest! 

Edited by Mel Hopkins
Clarity, explanation and added links