What I Say

In my new status as a divorcee from the black race, it's a relief to be excused from plowing through the bumper crop of  "what black folks need to do" farmers.  In an economy of opinions, talk is cheap. Yada, yada.  Here's my 2 cents. A couple of the many factors that contribute to this country's chaotic state of affairs are: Misinformation. (false or inaccurate information. )  and Cognitive dissonance("when people hold a core belief that is very strong and when, they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted so they will rationalize, ignore, or even deny anything that doesn't fit with the core belief." Franz Fanon)

Truth has lost its meaning. 

Meanwhile, music hangs in there.   And that's no lie. (An oldie from  the favorite vocal group of The Temptations.) 

• Like 1

Cynique, I'll eventually get used to this self-imposed divorce from the black race. 

Also, I can definitely understand how the sight of rows of tall corn and wheat and sound of n8gglet farmers over time can be fatiguing.

In the meantime, I'll continue looking forward to enjoying whatever jewels you decide to drop. 🤗

The barbershop harmonies of the Four Freshmen gives me a visual of the saccharine 1950s.😁 

But, it's cool. At least I know you like Chaka.   Keep the music coming too. 😎

40 minutes ago, Cynique said:

@ProfDI'm surprised you didn't  pick up on the Frantz Fanon reference.  

I saw the Fanon reference.  He was heavy and a genius.  Gone too soon at 36 years old.  Yet, his work influenced so many others.  I was consumed with your racial detachment. 😁😎

5 hours ago, ProfD said:

I saw the Fanon reference.  He was heavy and a genius.  Gone too soon at 36 years old.  Yet, his work influenced so many others.

Yes, he was a black French West Indian and a favorite of the Black Panthers back in the 1960s.

I considered posting John Coltrane's "My Favorites Things" for all the weed heads out there, but it runs so long.