I Quit !

Actually I didn't JUST quit...I quit my job about a week ago.
Dozens of us did.

I've heard that anywhere from 1/4 to 1/3 of the entire workforce at the company I worked for have quit over the vaccine mandates that they are imposing.

((Don't worry Troy this isn't gonna be an anti-vaxx propaganda post....lol))

They sent us an email and a letter the other month and I told them to go jump in a lake of shit, lol.

We walked away a week ago.
First a few of us, then more and more as the week progressed.
But it wasn't finalized and we thought there might be a chance through litigations and other actions to halt the mandate coming from corporate, but apparently it didn't.

Despite the White employees being the ones who made the biggest fuss over the mandates and were the loudest voices in the room about half of the Black employees quit and a smaller percentage of the white ones too; which I didn't find surprising at all because Caucasians are PART of the system....it's THEIR system.
So most of them will obey orders, take anything, or do anything they are ordered to do to MAINTAIN the system...despite all of their "Live free or die" rhetoric.

But a lot of the younger Black employees are confused and sitting around squinting their eyes and twisting their lips over how so many of their "white friends" betrayed them and went ahead and stay and got the shot...while telling them for month and months how they'd NEVER take it.

I'd just sit there listening to them and grinning because I KNOW the drill and I know that most of them are working together to support the system.

image.jpeg.dcf9fe39a4d935496523650670fd8592.jpeg

"I'll NEVER take the shot!
I'll NEVER compromise my values and 
principles.
America!
Live free or die baby!!!"

((five months later))

image.jpeg.0909ba235566ac4ef2bd24f402667781.jpeg

"Well what do you want me to do
man?  
I got a wife, a kid , and a dog to feed.
Life happens dude...sheesh!"

Lol...these people LIE like saying "good morning".
You can't put your trust and faith in them and what they will or "won't never" do.
I tried to tell the younger Black people this.

They should have studied Neely Fuller Jr. like I told them to, and they wouldn't have been confused or atleast AS confused.

When you don't understand racism and how it REALLY works...you WILL be confused.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Dozens of us did.

I've heard that anywhere from 1/4 to 1/3 of the entire workforce at the company I worked for have quit over the vaccine mandates that they are imposing.

They sent us an email and a letter the other month and I told them to go jump in a lake of shit, lol.

We walked away a week ago.
First a few of us, then more and more as the week progressed.
But it wasn't finalized and we thought there might be a chance through litigations and other actions to halt the mandate coming from corporate, but apparently it didn't.

************************************************************************************ 

@Pioneer1

Good Morning!

I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you.  

What are you going to do?  Do you have a plan B?

I don't want to give you advice if you don't need it.

Let me know.

image.gif.b05fef28d3e6760b4f9376c41adcdba5.gif

************************************************************************************

• Like 1

Pioneer, I take it you have a plan to insure your financial needs are met. Be well.

The ripple effects of this pandemic are wide. Population control. Social divide. Workforce restructuring.

Do not be distracted by the balls juggling in the air. Always watch their hands.😎

• Thanks 2

Why have vaccines become such an issue? They've never been 100 per cent safe, but they've always been required in many situations; schools, the military, foreign travel. I still have a vaccination scar on my arm that dates backt 80 years ago. Nobody asked what was in the small pox vaccinations, and i'm here to tell you that whatever was in them was worth the risk. i don't advise people one way or another about geting the shot, but it's unfortunate that it has become politicized.  I took my time about getting the 2 shot Moderna vaccine and I'm in no hurry to get the booster one. Whatever

This world is so jacked up I will soon be disowning the human race.  Freedom ain't free. That's a hard lesson to learn.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cynique said:

Why have vaccines become such an issue? 

This world is so jacked up I will soon be disowning the human race.  Freedom ain't free. That's a hard lesson to learn.

@Cynique

This particular vaccination is different from the others we've had in the

past because it was a rush job and it did not undergo the normal trials  

that vaccines must routinely endure. 

Then there are all the rumors surrounding the COVID vaccine, and the 

negative comments that influential people have made about it, all of 

this has caused people to be reluctant about getting vaccinated.

What @Pioneer1 and other employees are going through is so much 

more than being punished for not being vaccinated.  Citizens do not 

even have the right to their medical privacy anymore.  This used to 

be sacred and it should be unlawful to violate people's privacy. 

Our rights are gradually being stripped away from us until we'll have

nothing left, and then it will be too late to do anything about it.

Right now, I'm just worried about Pioneer1, this is not a good time to

be out of a job, or without an income.  People have enough things 

to worry about.

I just hope he will be alright.

Where are you Pioneer1???

• Like 1

Mzuri

What are you going to do?  Do you have a plan B?

Honestly, I'm not exactly sure.
Many other jobs in the area are also demanding that you get the jab either to get hired or eventually will require it of their employees.

I have a plan B,C, AND D....lol.
But your plans don't always work out.

I saw the mandates coming way back in April of 2020.
I knew where this was headed.
But even when you see it what can you do about it besides not take it yourself?

I'm just a little surprised so many Black folks are going along and not questioning it.

I don't want to give you advice if you don't need it.

I'm always ready for some good advice!
Even if I had a my own business with a billion in the bank...and 2 billion stuffed in the mattress...lol....I'd listen to some GOOD advice!

This particular vaccination is different from the others we've had in the
past because it was a rush job and it did not undergo the normal trials  
that vaccines must routinely endure. 

Then there are all the rumors surrounding the COVID vaccine, and the 
negative comments that influential people have made about it, all of 
this has caused people to be reluctant about getting vaccinated.

💯  EXACTLY!

Minister Farrakhan and other people I trust have WARNED us to stay in the house, stay masked up, and NOT take their poison.

I'm gonna HEED that warning.

He has a better track record than the CDC, in my opinion.

Right now, I'm just worried about Pioneer1, this is not a good time to
be out of a job, or without an income.  People have enough things 
to worry about.

I just hope he will be alright.

Ahhh....thank you sweetheart.🤩

I appreciate the concern.

Don't worry too much about me, focus more on your family.
I've relied on The SUPREME BEING before I started working and will continue to rely on The SUPREME BEING for my sustenance.

As I constantly say...I'm not religious but I strongly believe in The SUPREME BEING.

@MzuriThis is 2021. Medical science has advanced. Their latest techniques compensate for what once required a longer trial period. In any case, one person's freedom ends where another one's begins. At some point, you make a decision as to whether or not you will be self indulgent, or embrace the common good. The covid virus can kill. Being vaccinated lessens the chances of dying from it.  Being unvaccinated makes you a danger to others, and you have to live with the consequences of your choice. This is the response to the anti-vaxxer narrative. There is no definitive answer because there are experts on both sides, although the anti-vaxxers are a magnet for YouTube quacks.   

In any case, once a person makes up their mind to refuse the vaccine, they rarely change it, no matter what the science shows. These are those who are afflicted with the cognitive dissonance syndrome, not to mention the misinformation pitfall.

• Like 1

ProfD

Pioneer, I take it you have a plan to insure your financial needs are met. Be well.

I KEEP several plans.
However I'm sure you've heard the old saying about "man's plans"...lol

Like Neely Fuller Jr. teaches....
Under the System of White Supremacy..you should be ready to toss your bag over your shoulder and roll out at any a moment's notice because you never know WHAT these clowns might do.

However that's easier said than done.
Especially for a 50 something year old man, lol.

This is why I've constantly stressed Black independence over and over again through out the decades.
As I said on the other thread, there is enough Black folks with money that they could have BEEN done something so it wouldn't get like this.

Now millions of people are in the Twilight Zone and are in the Valley of Decision as to whether to take the jab or live out on the street like a pack of nomads.

City Settles Federal Lawsuit Allowing Homeless on Skid Row to Keep Property

Cynique

Why have vaccines become such an issue? They've never been 100 per cent safe, but they've always been required in many situations; schools, the military, foreign travel.

And they were causing problems THEN..and are STILL causing problems.

Look at the high rates of autism, cancers, asthma and other health problems that the AfroAmerican community suffers disproportionately from.

Do we really KNOW what there causes are?

How many laboratories do AfroAmericans own to analyze what we're taking and KNOW it's effects?

For people to say "I got it and I'm alright" is a little PRE-MATURE because you don't know what the effects will be 5 or 10 or 15 years down the line.

This is 2021. Medical science has advanced.

Yeah
That means they can kill people in larger numbers and more efficiently.

@pioneerI I don't care whether you get the vaccine or not and all your conspiracy theory spin off drivel is to be expected. As I say, getting the shot is a personal choice, and nobody on either side has to justify what they decide to do. Maybe you can find another job, flipping burgers at MacDonalds. 

3 hours ago, Cynique said:

@pioneerI I don't care whether you get the vaccine or not and all your conspiracy theory spin off drivel is to be expected. As I say, getting the shot is a personal choice, and nobody on either side has to justify what they decide to do. Maybe you can find another job, flipping burgers at MacDonalds. 

Maybe I won't have to.
Maybe I'll just move to Illinois and move in with YOU if you move all those animals you got in the house out of the way....lol

Man in bed with cat: Black Twitter, Animal, Bed, Cat: FreshMemeTemplates

"Alright......
One of us gotta go"

• Haha 2

@Pioneer It's a mystery to me why you think i would prefer having you rather than my dog and cat laying around. or even being in your company under any circumstances.  You've really convinced yourself and continue to try and convince everybody else that I have thing for you. All i can say is, I don't.  But dry your tears. Maybe Farrakhan can get you a  job selling bean pies.   

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Cynique said:

@Pioneer It's a mystery to me why you think i would prefer having you rather than my dog and cat laying around. or even being in your company under any circumstances.  You've really convinced yourself and continue to try and convince everybody else that I have thing for you. All i can say is, I don't.  But dry your tears. Maybe Farrakhan can get you a  job selling bean pies.   

If Minister Farrakhan offered me a job I'd accept it!

I've worked with the Nation of Islam before doing different things.
They are good for their word.
Plus I enjoyed being around so many clean intelligent morally upright Black people that I could trust and have meaningful convesations with.
I don't think you can put a price on that.

TRAINING | muhammadmosque75

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

💯  EXACTLY!

Minister Farrakhan and other people I trust have WARNED us to stay in the house, stay masked up, and NOT take their poison.

I'm gonna HEED that warning.

He has a better track record than the CDC, in my opinion.

@Pioneer1

That's the thing to do, isn't it?  

Even the vaccinated need to continue trying to isolate themselves as

much as possible, especially now that it seems the vaccine isn't as

effective against COVID and its variations as was previously thought.   

I have so many questions.

Another reason to be skeptical, I was listening to somebody on RAV

or NewsMax asking why so many health professionals are refusing 

to get vaccinated.

Do they know something that the rest of us do not?

I am retired but I still dabble in domaining and website development, 

also am on an MMO forum to keep up with what's going on in the

industry.  I will PM you, I have some tips that are proprietary. 

It will be later on this evening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Dozens of us did.

Sorry to hear that you have to go through this @Pioneer1

IMO, I am quite surprised though, that you are one of those that did not get the vaccination.

Personally, I am not certain that the vaccine completely safe, however, after reading and thinking about this issue on a global scale and knowing that the vaccines are given worldwide and to senior citizens, that was enough for me to get it. I don't believe it will protect against the Delta Variant or the earlier variant very well, and I am concerned about the side effects and long term issue, however, I do believe that it is worth getting. Anyway, I hope that you will be able to get employed with a company that does not require the vaccination and that you will be okay.

• Like 1

Hundreds of thousands of U.S. troops have not yet complied

with vaccine mandate as deadlines near

U.S. Troops Have Not Complied With Vaccine Mandate

• Like 1

Mzuri

Well, according to the CDC and others who even PROMOTE the jab...when it comes to the Delta Variant, it really doesn't matter whether you've got the jab or not you can STILL spread it just as easily.

They knew all of this when they were telling people to take their masks off and walk around Wal-Mart a few months ago.
They knew that jabbed people were just as likely to pick up the virus and spread it as the un-jabbed.
They KNEW this...and hid the information.

Their entire goal is to get people to stop worrying and panicking and go back to work, go back to shopping....ignore the dead bodies laying in the street and go back to business as usual.

Yeah, I was reading that earlier today actually!
Also hundreds of thousands of POLICE OFFICERS around the nation haven't gotten it yet.

They said the LAPD chief is refusing to enforce the mandate on his officers because so many haven't gotten it that he doesn't want to risk a mass WALK OUT by the officers.

This thing is getting real.....very real.

And I say it's about time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

They knew all of this when they were telling people to take their masks off and walk around Wal-Mart a few months ago.
They knew that jabbed people were just as likely to pick up the virus and spread it as the un-jabbed.

@Pioneer1

I believe that China released that virus on purpose to interfere with 

our elections and weaken our defenses.  There are several Congress

people with China ties and I just don’t trust our leadership anymore.  

I am in a hot spot and I haven’t gone to the store since this started in 

February 2020.  Everything we need has been delivered from Walmart,

Sam’s, Costco, Schwans and wherever else.  

Some people I know insist that they need to see the tomato before

they can buy it; NO they don’t.  Just buy a bag of tomatoes and when

they bring it to your door it will be fine.  

If you don’t need to leave your home, don’t take any chances.

Whether you have been vaxxed or not. 

This pandemic is far from being over.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Mzuri said:

If you don’t need to leave your home, don’t take any chances.

Agreed!  Be safe!  I just read a timeline of a man who was fully vaccinated in March - He died today.   His 8 year old daughter was the first to test positive, last month. Then his wife and then him. He ended up in the iCU.  The last video he sent talked about not wasting one moment but instead live your purpose. 

I had a feeling the virus picked and chose its victims. But  I thought the vaccination actually lessened the symptoms.   I didn't understand why the CDC said to take off your masks - I didn't. All this to say - I'm heart broken.  No one knows anything about this virus other than it's deadly - FOR SOME. 

@Pioneer1

I hope you can find a way to earn income without having to leave the house.  When I read that you didn't get vaccinated I was sad.   Today, I'm learning we are all in the same boat - vaccinated or not. Maybe it's a good thing you left your job - at least you don't have to worry about those folks breathing on you anymore. Yes, you make me crazy but I'd miss you if you departed.   Put some lambs' blood on your door and hope for the best! 😛  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mzuri

I personally don't believe it came from China.
I believe it...like most diseases...came from the Caucasians and they are PUTTING it on China.

Even if it came from the land of China, it was probably some Caucasians messing around inside of China.

Neely Fuller Jr. says when you see tragedies like this...look for the USUAL SUSPECTS (White racists).

They're usually behind it one way or the other.

Absolutely, this Pandemic is FAR from over.
Infact I believe it's still in it's beginning stages.
It keeps mutating and mutating.

Unlike most Conspiracy Theorists, I don't believe they're exaggerating the number of deaths....I think they're actually SUPPRESSING the number of people who are actually getting sick and dying from this mess.
I think they're keeping the numbers suppressed because they don't want to public to panic and they want to keep people working and spending money.

They want people to suck it up and go back to work, but they haven't declared the Pandemic OVER yet.
They just keep playing with the numbers....up down up down....flat..up in Alabama...down in Michigan....up in New York...down in California.
Just playing games.

Weeks...months...YEARS....up...down....up..down.

While Pfizer and Moderna are getting RICHER AND RICHER.

Mel Hopkins

I'm actually not afraid of death...it's HOW I die that concerns me, lol.
But death itself is just a transition from one Reality to another.

As far as the jab...
They keep telling one lie after another about this mess.

First they said if you took it you wouldn't get sick.
Then they claimed IF you got sick it wouldn't be as severe.
THEN they claimed you wouldn't be hospitalized.
THEN they claimed you wouldn't die.
Now that folks took it and are STILL dying....they say

Family-‐based Interventions with Children and Adolescents with  Externalizing Behavior

"Look...just shut up and take it anyway.
And if you say something we'll cut
you're money off.
How about that!!!"

Like I said earlier I'm not going to turn this into an anti-vaxx rant.  I respect Troy and his site too much to get it flagged or labeled as such.

But while the media is TRYING to portray this is a Trump Supporter or right-wing position....we've had many many Black leaders like Minister Farrakhan who warned us NOT to go along with the madness.
But the media just IGNORES the Black people who speak out and question it.
Pretend they don't exist. 
Which I find suspicious.

I didn't understand why the CDC said to take off your masks - I didn't. 

I understood it.
They aren't serious about ending the Pandemic.
They want to PROLONG it.

I barely graduated from highschool and I know if you tell people to take their masks off and walk around Wal-Mart again that they were gonna spread the damn virus.
They KNEW it was gonna be a surge when they told people that if they were jabbed they could take their masks off....especially when you have no way of verifying their status and going by some "honor code"

The CDC and other organizations operated by Caucasians have a HISTORY of lying to the public which is why I don't trust them.
They know the truth....they just don't tell it.

Or if they DO tell it....they wait 50 years later when most of those who are involved in it are DEAD before the real truth of it comes out.  That's their PATTERN over and over again.

But when you don't trust them to begin with...you don't have to worry about it.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 11:25 AM, Mzuri said:

Really!? @Mzuri

On 10/10/2021 at 12:29 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Their entire goal is to get people to stop worrying and panicking and go back to work, go back to shopping....ignore the dead bodies laying in the street and go back to business as usual.

@Pioneer1 Based on what I've been reading, I believe you. Eventually, and after so many have died of Covid after even getting vaccinated, I guess they had to admit to some degree that the vaccine was not as full proof as they had us believe.

On 10/10/2021 at 4:35 PM, Mzuri said:

So true, but depressing.

On 10/10/2021 at 9:21 PM, Mel Hopkins said:

I had a feeling the virus picked and chose its victims. But  I thought the vaccination actually lessened the symptoms.   I didn't understand why the CDC said to take off your masks - I didn't. All this to say - I'm heart broken.  No one knows anything about this virus other than it's deadly - FOR SOME. 

My feelings exactly. It's so hard to know what to do. @Mel Hopkins

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/9/2021 at 10:04 AM, Pioneer1 said:

a lot of the younger Black employees are confused and sitting around squinting their eyes and twisting their lips over how so many of their "white friends" betrayed them and went ahead and stay and got the shot...while telling them for month and months how they'd NEVER take it.

Naive!!! Oh what it was to be young dumb and full of ……

On 10/10/2021 at 4:35 PM, Mzuri said:

It’s over for me. Endemic is no longer a pandemic. 

Apparently, we weren't the only ones who had enough!

A record number of Americans are quitting their jobs

New York (CNN Business)A record 4.3 million people quit their jobs in August, evidence of the considerable leverage workers have in today's economy.

About 2.9% of the workforce quit in August, up from 2.7% in July, according to the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS) report, released Tuesday. That marks the highest quit rate since the report began in late 2000.
The number of workers who quit rose by 242,000 from July as more Americans demanded higher pay, better working conditions and more flexible arrangements. Those number of people who quit rose in accommodation and food services, wholesale trade and state and local government education.
"If you're unhappy with your job or want a raise, in the current environment it's pretty easy to find a new one," said Gus Faucher, chief economist at PNC. "We're seeing people vote with their feet."

Companies continue to grapple with a serious worker shortage. Job openings remained very high at the end of August at 10.4 million, the JOLTS report showed. However, that marks a decline of 659,000 from the end of July.
The numbers show the worker shortage was even worse than realized this summer. The number of job openings in July was revised higher to 11.1 million, a record high since this report began in 2000.

'Golden age' for workers

Joe Brusuelas, chief economist at RSM, said this may be witnessing the start of what might eventually be considered the "golden age for the American worker."

"The American worker is now confident that he or she has the bargaining power and can obtain a reasonable wage -- and have influence over the shape of working conditions," Brusuelas said.
That bargaining power comes from their willingness to quit jobs they don't like and look for new ones. And this shift is not merely centered on simple economics -- but a broader reassessment around quality of life and purpose.
"This is what happens after great wars or depressions," Brusuelas said. "It's hard to spot while you're in it, but we've gone through a shock that has elicited an unexpected change upon the population. And it will take some time to sort through."
All of this helps explain why employers, including factories, trucking companies, restaurants, construction firms and schools, are having trouble finding workers.
In the long run, such a workforce transformation will be a positive thing, allowing more people to find satisfaction in their careers and for businesses to have happier employees. And it can allow more workers to make a living wage and contribute to the broader economy, easing the alarming gap between rich and poor.
In the short run, however, the worker shortage will continue to complicate the reopening of the global economy, contributing to rising prices, supply chain stress, product shortages and shipping delays.
"It takes some for these things to work themselves out," said PNC's Faucher.

JOLTS job openings report: A record number of Americans are quitting their jobs - CNN

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Those number of people who quit rose in accommodation and food services, wholesale trade and state and local government education.

These numbers represent “essential workers,” those directly on the frontline.  Can we blame them for leaving?  Check out Federal Reserves “Beige Book” to read where other shortages are popping up.

After catering to Wall Street since the 70s things about to get really nasty. 

• Like 1

I don't blame them at all  for leaving....I think more should.

I'm a little disappointed more people haven't just given up on this society.

It there's any justification for why we need a "Welfare State" it's this current Pandemic crisis where it's dangerous for most people to go back to work and they SHOULD be paid to stay home.
But few people are talking about that right now.

Too many people are "satisfied" and content with barely scraping by, leaving on pennies, hustling and scrapping like an animal, and living on people's couches.
They've been doing it for so long...hustling like an animal is all they know.

If poor and destitute people stuck together and refused to work unless conditions were safe and paid much more, they would have no choice but to give the people what they demand.  But too many are willing to work for scraps to feed their little drug and alcohol addictions

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

If poor and destitute people stuck together and refused to work unless conditions were safe and paid much more, they would have no choice but to give the people what they demand.  

That has been done already, it's called unionization. 

For some reason, we aren't hearing from the labor unions on all of this.

The mandated vaccinations, the option to work from home, masks in

the workplace - all of these issues should be addressed by unions.

I have a feeling that people don't understand the importance of being

in a union and don't think it's worth paying union dues.  

Having been a union member throughout my career, I know for a fact

that the benefits far outweigh the costs.

If there was more union involvement right now, some of the nonsense 

that employers are doing wouldn't be happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mzuri said:

If there was more union involvement right now, some of the nonsense that employers are doing wouldn't be happening.

Mzuri, I hate to break this news but unfortunately, unions have been corrupted by politics too. 

Unions collect dues from its members to take care of them supposedly.  But, those same unions are also courted by special interest groups to get their members to conform to certain things too.

Unions will not buck mask mandates or vax requirements because it would be bad for business i.e. their bottom line.  They are encouraging members to follow the rules.

I don't know what the end game is regarding this pandemic but I'm watching their hands and following the money. 

I'm still amazed that they have politiczed and monetized a virus but to date there is no cure for cancer. 🤨

Oh, that's right, there is no money in the cure.  But, there's a whole economy built on cancer research and treatment.😎

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, ProfD said:

Unions will not buck mask mandates or vax requirements because it would be bad for business i.e. their bottom line.  They are encouraging members to follow the rules.

It confounds me that this is going on, and that

membership is allowing it, they should not.  

Are you in a union? 

Is that what your leadership is telling you.

Why has everyone become so complacent?

It's like we're all just rolling over for the CCP.

20 minutes ago, Mzuri said:

It confounds me that this is going on, and that membership is allowing it, they should not.  

Are you in a union? 

Is that what your leadership is telling you.

Why has everyone become so complacent?

I'm not in a union but I do fall under a collective bargaining agreement.

Leadership (POTUS PJB) is telling us to follow the CDC guidelines and get vaxxed. 😁

i saw a news report where the leader of a huge union smiled and laughed when asked whether or not he would encourage members to get the jab.  He said some sh8t that was the equivalent of it's complicated.

Several healthcare workers have quit or been fired because they refused to get stuck.

IMO, folks have become complacent for several reasons but two are 1) statiated with the illusion of middle class status and 2)  they are scared to die. 

The media does a great job in keeping people dazed and confused most of the time. 😎

• Thanks 1

@Pioneer1

This might interest you.

Not sure if they will ask you to subscribe, this was emailed to me.

Judge Orders United Airlines Not to Put Workers Seeking Vaccine Mandate Exception on Leave

“United’s actions have left Plaintiffs with the impossible choice of

either taking the COVID-19 vaccine, at the expense of their religious

beliefs and their health, or losing their livelihoods. In doing so, United

has violated Title VII and the ADA by failing to engage in the interactive

process and provide reasonable accommodations, and also by retaliating

against employees who engaged in protected activity,” the suit states. 

18 minutes ago, ProfD said:

I'm not in a union but I do fall under a collective bargaining agreement.

Leadership (POTUS PJB) is telling us to follow the CDC guidelines and get vaxxed. 😁

i saw a news report where the leader of a huge union smiled and laughed when asked whether or not he would encourage members to get the jab.  He said some sh8t that was the equivalent of it's complicated.

Several healthcare workers have quit or been fired because they refused to get stuck.

IMO, folks have become complacent for several reasons but two are 1) statiated with the illusion of middle class status and 2)  they are scared to die. 

The media does a great job in keeping people dazed and confused most of the time. 😎

Of course you are protected by the union either way.

I was in NAGE for many years, always paid my dues,

I know that I got more help with problems by paying

those dues.

I have been retired since 2004 so I don't know what's 

going on with that union right now.  But back in the

day, we would not have stood for any of what is

going on today with the forced/mandated vaccines

or any of the other B.S. 

I am glad that I'm not in the workforce, but I am

concerned for others.

People's rights are being violated all over the place.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mzuri said:

have been retired since 2004 so I don't know what's 

going on with that union right now.  But back in the

day, we would not have stood for any of what is

going on today with the forced/mandated vaccines

or any of the other B.S. 

LOL I'm #UnionStrong and this is where they got me in the crosshairs of this vaccine mandate debate. 

I'm actually a bit angry with the SWAPA (Southwest Airline Pilots Association) because they started grieving their CBA (collective bargaining agreement) when their contract lapsed at the end of August. They lost a lot of workhours due to COVID so then the grievance was about changes to work rules and scheduling.  Now management includes jab or lose job to the equation [EDIT] and pilots changed the focus of the grievance.  I guess it’s a tactic to garner public support by entering into the political debate. The thing is, it’s  disingenuous and might weaken arbitration. [End Edit

Anyway, I stand with the pilots, I just can’t stand legerdemain for any reason.  

The pilots have a strong case.  Especially since the FAA hasn't made any changes to the airmen medical certificate for pilots or ATC (air traffic controller) specialists.  So technically they're not required to get the COVID-19 vaccine.  

Edited by Mel Hopkins
Left out a chunk of reasoning for my argument
  • Like 1

The problem with unionization is that it usually takes too much intelligence, skill, planning and subversive behavior for it to get off the ground and be effective and MOST poor and workingclass people don't have enough people in their ranks to pull that off.
Or atleast....don't have as many as wealthier people.

At my now FORMER job, in the 8 years I've been there people have tried to unionize it atleast 5 times and it collapsed because not enough people were interested.

Most poor and workingclass people are of average to below average intelligence.
Not all...but most.

They aren't interested in reading and staying late or meeting off the work site to organize.
They just want to put their little 8 hours in, clock out....and go get drunk, high, have sex, and enjoy themselves and their families.

The solutions for most poor and working class people must be SIMPLE so that the masses of them can participate.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

The solutions for most poor and working class people must be SIMPLE so that the masses of them can participate.

This is heartbreaking because these workers need the most protection from greedy-a owners and management.

I’ll never forget Jeff Smisek former CEO at United. He hated that Legacy United had such strong unions and he did everything he could to destroy them.  But the pilots union dragged him .. and even the flight attendants union 25000 strong after the merger wouldn’t give or budge much on anything. He hated the work rules; and definitely hated the pay—

Dude even tried to get rid of aircraft mechanics at some stations and ended up paying other airlines to fix the planes.  In the end, the FBI had him under investigation and he resigned  with a golden parachute.  

But all those unions I mentioned  do have highly skilled laborers.  So, you may be right, it could make a difference. 

• Like 2

Even for skilled labor jobs....
To go to school for 4 or 5 years and learn the math and other skills it takes to be a journeyman is too much for the average poor/working class person.
You really do need to be ATLEAST average IQ or a little higher.

This is why most people don't get skilled trades.
They can't get past the math.
The tangents and degrees throw them off....lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Mzuri said:

People's rights are being violated all over the place.

That’s true and the Union does a lot of it. 

8 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

To go to school for 4 or 5 years and learn the math and other skills it takes to be a journeyman is too much for the average poor/working class person.
You really do need to be ATLEAST average IQ or a little higher.

You are so condescending. Stop drinking your white milk 🥛.

8 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

This is why most people don't get skilled trades.
They can't get past the math.
The tangents and degrees throw them off....lol

We invented math. Most dealers and thieves do arithmetic.

8 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

This is heartbreaking because these workers need the most protection from greedy-a owners and management.

These workers aren’t mentally incompetent. When they change their focus their conditions will change. 

Daniel

You are so condescending. Stop drinking your white milk

Lol....I will if you promise to stop drinking the Republican's Kool Aid.

Kool-Aid Man on Twitter: "OH YEAH!! #TheyGrowUpSoFast  https://t.co/yqqIBSnD1r… "

"Make America
                Great Again
             Oh Yeaaaahhh!"

We invented math. Most dealers and thieves do arithmetic.

Big time dealers and successful thieves have high IQs and CAN do advanced arithmetic.
Their brains helped get them where they are in the first place  
But most pushers and crooks don't.
Most have normal to below normal IQs and struggle with it.

These workers aren’t mentally incompetent. When they change their focus their conditions will change. 

That's wishful and unrealistic thinking.

You can preach that "feel good" talk all day because YOU don't have the responsibility of taking care of these people and making jobs for them.

The fact is SOME people are mentally incompetent and nothing outside of a Miracle will change this.

So it's best to produce good paying jobs suitable for them instead of trying to FORCE them to be smarter and get more education to improve their finances.

• Haha 1