Chilli of TLC: Black and 1/16th Indian

8 minutes ago, ProfD said:

Nah, she's just black like Tiger Woods, Kamala Harris and every other n8gglet trying to claim something else whether it's Blindian or Cablinasian or Indian-African-American. 

Let a race soldier pull them over and they'll quickly find out what color that racist sees. License and registration...fill in the blank. 

Chilli needs to remove that laser dot from her forehead.  She ain't about that life for real. 😁😎

You think kamala harris tries to claim something else?

she's half indian lol

Tiger is actually half asian ...they both have whole "other" parents. 

Maaaaaaynne, I've had a crush on Chilli for DECADES.
And I'm a little older than her too...lol.

I've always thought she was the most beautiful one in the group, and then the lovely Left Eye.

TLC Unpretty Lyrics Meaning Feminist Song

Tipsey 

You sure do have a thing for Black people with "something else" in them...lol.

But it's hard to answer your question without factoring in the REST of her ancestry.

Don't just focus on the one Indian great great grand parent.
What about the OTHER great great grand parents, and grand parents?
What were THEIR races?

Like most AfroAmericans...I'm sure she had some White and Native American ancestry too.
How much?

You must factor all of this in to make an accurate assesssment.

Also, it should be understood that "Indian" is not really a RACE but really more so a NATIONALITY made up of atleast two different races.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tipsyturv said:

she's half indian lol

As a bobble head, er, talking head, these folks can check as many boxes as they want on the census form. But, the main categories are White, Black or African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, and Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander. Again, I know what racists see.😎

4 minutes ago, ProfD said:

As a bobble head, er, talking head, these folks can check as many boxes as they want on the census form. But, the main categories are White, Black or African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, and Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander. Again, I know what racists see.😎

Do you not think it's a bit problematic to feel Black people should base their entire self-identity off of what a White racist sees them as?

24 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Maaaaaaynne, I've had a crush on Chilli for DECADES.
And I'm a little older than her too...lol.

I've always thought she was the most beautiful one in the group, and then the lovely Left Eye.

TLC Unpretty Lyrics Meaning Feminist Song

Tipsey 

You sure do have a thing for Black people with "something else" in them...lol.

But it's hard to answer your question without factoring in the REST of her ancestry.

Don't just focus on the one Indian great great grand parent.
What about the OTHER great great grand parents, and grand parents?
What were THEIR races?

Like most AfroAmericans...I'm sure she had some White and Native American ancestry too.
How much?

You must factor all of this in to make an accurate assesssment.

Also, it should be understood that "Indian" is not really a RACE but really more so a NATIONALITY made up of atleast two different races.

i love ur posts ❤️

9 minutes ago, tipsyturv said:

Do you not think it's a bit problematic to feel Black people should base their entire self-identity off of what a White racist sees them as?

No. I think black folks should embrace being black and proud of it.

Trying to identify every ingredient in the cake is an exercise in futility. Just enjoy it.

Nor do I see a constructive benefit in a person knowing and/or believing they're mixed. It's not like they're going to use it in order to overcome racism. 😎

3 hours ago, ProfD said:

Nor do I see a constructive benefit in a person knowing and/or believing they're mixed. It's not like they're going to use it in order to overcome racism. 😎

Perhaps OVERCOMING racism isn't their objective.
Maybe PRACTING it...on other people of color they demean as "inferior"....is their goal.

And determining what you're mixed with and how much, helps to establish your "status" in their hierarchy.

************************************************************************************ 

I'm no expert on race but, in my opinion, being 1/16th Indian from

India does not make you "Blindian."  

She seems like one of those Black people that isn't proud of their  

heritage, who wants to deny their Blackness, so she's claiming to

be something different, as if that makes her special somehow. 

Why can't certain celebrities just be satisfied with their acclaim 

and accomplishments, why do they need additional attention

for something that's not even valid. 

She is just Black.

image.gif.b05fef28d3e6760b4f9376c41adcdba5.gif

************************************************************************************

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 1:42 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Perhaps OVERCOMING racism isn't their objective.
Maybe PRACTING it...on other people of color they demean as "inferior"....is their goal.

And determining what you're mixed with and how much, helps to establish your "status" in their hierarchy.

It would be interesting to see what those mixed race folks would do if whites declared war on non-whites. Most of them would not be able to hide or blend. I guess they would be fine with 2nd class status when the dust settled. 😎

ProfD

It would be interesting to see what those mixed race folks would do if whites declared war on non-whites. Most of them would not be able to hide or blend. I guess they would be fine with 2nd class status when the dust settled.

Well.....
According to our Elder Neely Fuller Jr (lol...a junior elder???) the war has ALREADY been declared, fought, and won.
Now they're just in the maintenance phase.

Most mixed people through out history have shown a CLEAR willingness to side with their Caucasian half over thier Black/Brown half, especially when Caucasians are in the position of power.

Not all, of course.
But most.

Even in the U.S...unless they were FORCED to by Caucasians with the "one drop rule"....many mixed people would only side with and identify themselves as "Black" AFTER the Civil Rights movement got going and especially during the Black power movement when it looked like Black people were rising in power and status in this society.
Before then....you had the paper-bag tests and other methods to establish "rank" based on nearness to White people.

On 10/10/2021 at 10:19 PM, Pioneer1 said:

I'm not sure if Chilli is the one who is actually saying this.

I think she actually does identity as Black, as she should.

no, chilli actually calls herself Blindian, and she dresses up in Indian garments as well and celebrates the culture

this is her current  Twitter profile pic:

_fbBbhaE_400x400n.jpg

On 10/10/2021 at 7:07 PM, Mzuri said:

I'm no expert on race but, in my opinion, being 1/16th Indian from

India does not make you "Blindian."  

She seems like one of those Black people that isn't proud of their  

heritage, who wants to deny their Blackness, so she's claiming to

be something different, as if that makes her special somehow. 

Why can't certain celebrities just be satisfied with their acclaim 

and accomplishments, why do they need additional attention

for something that's not even valid. 

She is just Black.

im not sure if it's fair to say her non-african heritage isn't "valid"

it's def part of who she is...and some people actually see the "indian" in her 

and consider her to be somewhat racially ambiguous. 

12 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

If she's only 1/16th Indian...and acting like that, then yes.

i love her but i do "side eye" her sometimes because she is quick to throw on the indian garbs 

but she doesnt' speak out about black stuff at all. like with everything thats been going on through BLM, etc.

not a peep from her. i could understand someone just wanting to celebrate ALL of who they are, but i feel that she kinda puts the indian heritage above her black heritage.

its crazy cuz tatyana ali is half indian through her dad, and shes always speaking up about black stuff and standing up for blackness.

as you can see i have a thing for gorls like tatyana , chilli , etc. lol  i follow them a lot.

i guess cuz people think i have that kinda "indian/dravadian" look to myself as well. lol i can kinda relate to them

tipsyturv

Yes both Chilli and Tatyana Ali are VERY beautiful women.
I've found them attractive for decades.
Even when Tatyana was playing Ashley on the Fresh Prince, I knew she'd grow up to be a beautiful woman.

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' alum Tatyana Ali expecting second child - UPI.com

And Tatyana does have an "Indian" look about her too.

I did remember reading something about her father being Indian or something.
You have a LOT of Black/Indian mixes down in Guyana and Trinidad

Speaking of the Dravidian....I believe they are as close to the Original human beings of this planet more so than the other current races.

I believe they...the Dravidians...are older than the Caucasians, Native Americans, and even the Africans.

I believe they are closer to the Original Black man of the planet.

1 hour ago, tipsyturv said:

im not sure if it's fair to say her non-african heritage isn't "valid"

it's def part of who she is...and some people actually see the "indian" in her 

and consider her to be somewhat racially ambiguous. 

I disagree and I don't care what anybody sees.  Just because one of her

great-great-grandparents is some exotic race doesn't mean anything if

everybody else in her ancestry line is Black.

She is Black.

If she wants to prance around in Indian garb and call herself "Blindian,"  

that's her business, I don't care.

She is still Black.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mzuri said:

I disagree and I don't care what anybody sees.  Just because one of her

great-great-grandparents is some exotic race doesn't mean anything if

everybody else in her ancestry line is Black.

She is Black.

If she wants to prance around in Indian garb and call herself "Blindian,"  

that's her business, I don't care.

She is still Black.

what about people with multi-racial parents or grandparents?

55 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

tipsyturv

Yes both Chilli and Tatyana Ali are VERY beautiful women.
I've found them attractive for decades.
Even when Tatyana was playing Ashley on the Fresh Prince, I knew she'd grow up to be a beautiful woman.

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' alum Tatyana Ali expecting second child - UPI.com

And Tatyana does have an "Indian" look about her too.

I did remember reading something about her father being Indian or something.
You have a LOT of Black/Indian mixes down in Guyana and Trinidad

Speaking of the Dravidian....I believe they are as close to the Original human beings of this planet more so than the other current races.

I believe they...the Dravidians...are older than the Caucasians, Native Americans, and even the Africans.

I believe they are closer to the Original Black man of the planet.

yes i love them, another is ananda lewis. ❤️ dont know if u heard of her but look her up if you havent, shes def part of that club lol

what do u think of people who actually appear multiracial identifying with their multiracial heritage? 

i can kinda understand why some people may identify with their lineage if they see it looking them in the face every day in the mirror

lol kinda hard to ignore that and they maybe want to connect with it IMO

4 minutes ago, tipsyturv said:

what about people with multi-racial parents or grandparents?

I am not a genealogist but I would say that people with

multi-racial parents and grandparents are multi-racial. 

What they claim, as far as their race is concerned, is  

up to them.

As to Chilli claiming to be "Blindian," I think she looks

ridiculous dressing in Indian clothes, and she comes 

off like an attention seeker, as I stated before.  

Why can't she just sing about the Scrubs and Waterfalls 

and go sit down somewhere.

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2021 at 5:54 AM, tipsyturv said:

Would you consider her mixed race?

No, because there is only one race. But even if we played the silly race game, when did “Indian” become a race?

Presumably you are referring to the people on the land mass known as India. Those people have a wide range of complexions given that fact how are y’all defining Indian?

Percentages are meaningless in terms of people’s phenotypical characteristics.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mzuri said:

I am not a genealogist but I would say that people with

multi-racial parents and grandparents are multi-racial. 

What they claim, as far as their race is concerned, is  

up to them.

As to Chilli claiming to be "Blindian," I think she looks

ridiculous dressing in Indian clothes, and she comes 

off like an attention seeker, as I stated before.  

Why can't she just sing about the Scrubs and Waterfalls 

and go sit down somewhere.

it bothers me that she dresses in indian garbs only because she doesn't seem to celebrate her black heritage or speak up about it as often

im all for people celebrating who they are but if ur gonna celebrate all of it, truly celebrate all of it...not just some of it.

i know someone who has a multi-racial mixed black/white/indian grandmother and they identify as multiracial because of her

(their grandmother literally looks like a white woman with a tan lol)

their other 3 grandparents are black though. do u think theyre going too far identifying as multiracial?

• Like 1

tipsyturv

yes i love them, another is ananda lewis. ❤️ dont know if u heard of her but look her up if you havent, shes def part of that club lol

Ofcourse I've heard of my girl Ananda Lewis.
That's another beautiful one who I've been watching since the 90s during her days on BET's Teen Summit.

Ananda Lewis

She's fine as cherry wine.

what do u think of people who actually appear multiracial identifying with their multiracial heritage? 

Not only do I agree with it but I INSIST upon it.

If you are multi-racial and look like it, I'd RATHER you identify as multi-racial than to run around calling yourself "Black" and mis-representing our race and the way we look.

Power is EXCLUSIVE...not necessarily INCLUSIVE.

I don't believe in running around calling everybody with Black ancestry "Black".
No...get back over there with YOUR peoples.

3 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

tipsyturv

yes i love them, another is ananda lewis. ❤️ dont know if u heard of her but look her up if you havent, shes def part of that club lol

Ofcourse I've heard of my girl Ananda Lewis.
That's another beautiful one who I've been watching since the 90s during her days on BET's Teen Summit.

Ananda Lewis

She's fine as cherry wine.

Not only do I agree with it but I INSIST upon it.

If you are multi-racial and look like it, I'd RATHER you identify as multi-racial than to run around calling yourself "Black" and mis-representing our race and the way we look.

Power is EXCLUSIVE...not necessarily INCLUSIVE.

I don't believe in running around calling everybody with Black ancestry "Black".

i have to say im one of those people who heavily identify with blackness

but i def get some "side eyes" from a lot of people (both black and non-black) who question how "fully black" i really am 

theres always a question of "where r u from? wat r u?" and when i say black it's "yea but what about ur family? u know ur grandparents n stuff"

lolllllll. blackness is beautiful. i really see myself as a black person with mixed heritage. i love my black culture and honestly wouldnt trade it for anything else

3 minutes ago, tipsyturv said:

it bothers me that she dresses in indian garbs only because she doesn't seem to celebrate her black heritage or speak up about it as often

im all for people celebrating who they are but if ur gonna celebrate all of it, truly celebrate all of it...not just some of it.

i know someone who has a multi-racial mixed black/white/indian grandmother and they identify as multiracial because of her

(their grandmother literally looks like a white woman with a tan lol)

their other 3 grandparents are black though. do u think theyre going too far identifying as multiracial?

Most Indians in India are supposedly Caucasian although some are classified as 

Asian.  I guess it depends on their location and their hair texture and/or ear wax,

that is the criteria used to determine race, not skin color.

Again, I think it's up to the individual how they want to identify themselves.

10 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

thatsracist.gif.99b93b881d57521c86cfabdff3d259e3.gif

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Lol, how can a VICTIM of racism....be racist?

Anybody can be racist and you clearly are because you are rejecting 

people based on what you perceive as their race, which they have no

control over, and which does not define them.

So you are just as bad as whitey.

Mruzi

which they have no
control over, and which does not define them.

A lion or wild dog has no control over how THEY were born either, but that doesn't mean they aren't vicious beasts who's nature is to kill you and eat you.

The nature of White people..in general...is to kill and oppress darker people around the planet.  That's what they've been doing from China to Nigeria to the Dakota.

Surely this is no co-incidence.
Surely something has to be in the PEOPLE themselves to make them act this way.

So you are just as bad as whitey.

Not unless I enslaved and killed people, which I haven't.

And atleast I don't CALL them "whitey" like YOU do.

Tongue Sticking Out GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

And at least I don't CALL them "whitey" like YOU do.

You know you call them people whitey!!!

bleh-tongue-out.gif

2 hours ago, tipsyturv said:

i have to say im one of those people who heavily identify with blackness

but i def get some "side eyes" from a lot of people (both black and non-black) who question how "fully black" i really am 

theres always a question of "where r u from? wat r u?" and when i say black it's "yea but what about ur family? u know ur grandparents n stuff"

lolllllll. blackness is beautiful. i really see myself as a black person with mixed heritage. i love my black culture and honestly wouldnt trade it for anything else

@tipsyturv

Your questions that started, basically, with "I have a friend who"

made me suspect that you were referring to yourself.

You can identify yourself however you please, but I would hope 

that you identify yourself honestly and not by your skin tone.

As to the people who question your heritage, next time someone 

asks you about it, give them an answer and then turn around and

ask them about theirs. 

Most people don't even know what it is.

Or ask them what part of Africa they originated from. 

I guarantee they won't have an answer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mzuri said:

You know you call them people whitey!!!

bleh-tongue-out.gif

@tipsyturv

Your questions that started, basically, with "I have a friend who"

made me suspect that you were referring to yourself.

You can identify yourself however you please, but I would hope 

that you identify yourself honestly and not by your skin tone.

As to the people who question your heritage, next time someone 

asks you about it, give them an answer and then turn around and

ask them about theirs. 

Most people don't even know what it is.

Or ask them what part of Africa they originated from. 

I guarantee they won't have an answer.

*hug* thank you

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2021 at 9:52 PM, Troy said:

No, because there is only one race. 

Percentages are meaningless in terms of people’s phenotypical characteristics.

Technically true.

However,  race lines were drawn a long  time ago. We have deal with the reality of how it's being used. 

IMO, folks need to wrap there minds around the fact that there are only white and non-whites (people of color).

Firstly, that will eliminate any confusion regarding race. Either you're white or non-white. Then, we can tackle the real issue of racism.😎

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2021 at 9:03 AM, ProfD said:

We have deal with the reality of how it's being used. 

No, i don’t think we do. As long as we perpetuate the myth of race it will continue to exist.

Worse still is when we ascribe characteristics to people based upon their level of melanin, as @Pioneer1 does by saying white peoples are devils because of their skin color… this as @Mzuri does make him racist.

Though some reject this notion Black people can be racist, though we do not have the power to adversely effect anyone with our racism.

I don’t think restricting the definition to “white” and “non-white” will make it any better simply because people will never group themselves that way, as it is unnatural.

People arrange themselves around shared experiences… culture.

A Black American has more in common with their white neighbor culturally perhaps even genetically that they would have with a person from Africa — despite a similar skin color.

19 hours ago, Troy said:

No, i don’t think we do. As long as we perpetuate the myth of race it will continue to exist.

I don’t think restricting the definition to “white” and “non-white” will make it any better simply because people will never group themselves that way, as it is unnatural.

I believe race is a reality until the system of white supremacy is abolished.

People do not have to group themselves as white or non-white. They already know it. 😎

22 hours ago, ProfD said:

I believe race is a reality until the system of white supremacy is abolished.

To be clear, I inextricably link the science with the social construct.  I don't view the two separately. So the idea that White supremists are the ones who perpetuate the myth of race does not make sense to be.  We do not have to believe what they believe.

There are no longer laws which subjugate people based upon their skin color, so why should be care what a white racist thinks and factor their world view into our own?

1 hour ago, Troy said:

To be clear, I inextricably link the science with the social construct.  I don't view the two separately. So the idea that White supremists are the ones who perpetuate the myth of race does not make sense to be.  We do not have to believe what they believe.

There are no longer laws which subjugate people based upon their skin color, so why should be care what a white racist thinks and factor their world view into our own?

The application of the laws especially in terms of sentencing can be viewed as a form of racial subjugation.

Shady practices in housing, education and employment along with zoning and redistricting laws and voter suppression are also forms of it. 

We do not have to share the beliefs of white supremacists but we should be keenly aware of what they believe and how they always operate to the benefit of themselves. 

We should be able to walk and chew at the same time. However, the thing that keeps AfroAmericans  from shaping our own world view is confusion as it relates to white supremacy.  It's the elephant in the room. 😎

Yes, but the laws are no longer racist, indeed many are anti-racist There are laws dole out harsher sentences for crimes when racism is shown to be a factor.

American culture dictates that people always operate to benefit themselves financial gain is the motivator, race incidental. Do you think Zuckerberg, Bezos, and Musk are motivated by racism?

I don’t think racism is our biggest problem today.  The biggest threat to my business, and therefore me, is not some Klansman, but Amazon’s and Google’s monopolies.

Americans legacy of over racism has definitely had an effect over the generations, but we could make up for that today if we simply stopped enriching the world’s largest companies and marginalizing our own businesses.

11 hours ago, Troy said:

American culture dictates that people always operate to benefit themselves financial gain is the motivator, race incidental. Do you think Zuckerberg, Bezos, and Musk are motivated by racism?

I don’t think racism is our biggest problem today.  The biggest threat to my business, and therefore me, is not some Klansman, but am*zon’s and Google’s monopolies.

Americans legacy of over racism has definitely had an effect over the generations, but we could make up for that today if we simply stopped enriching the world’s largest companies and marginalizing our own businesses.

Wealthy white folks do not have to be motivated by racism because they benefit from it. Same goes for their monopolies in every aspect of business and life in general.

From the Fortune 500 and as documented in the pages of Forbes magazine, white folks have everything on lockdown here in America and around the world too. 

Surely, there's the illusion of a handful of non-white folks getting a few crumbs off the table but if/when they decide to turn off the spigot, we're all hosed. 

White supremacy is so firmly entrenched in the way our world operates that  dismantling and replacing it with a system of justice is the only way non-white people will truly thrive in all aspects of life. 😎

29 minutes ago, Troy said:

So are they racist? Is their racism our biggest problem, or it’s of something else?

I don't know if wealthy white folks are racists. But, If they benefit from racism either directly or indirectly, their silence and indifference is more dangerous than overt racism. 

The desire and ability to maintain power and control over other groups of people is the biggest problem. 

The failure to pass on history and  knowledge and build a solid infrastructure to support each other is our problem.  😎

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2021 at 8:09 AM, tipsyturv said:

she's half indian lol

tipsyturvp, it's amazing how so many black people in the United States who (more than not) have heavy Negroid phenotypes, tend to discount people who actually come from a mixed racial, ethnic and heritage background. It's as if these disgruntled discounters are hell-bent on making sure that every person who has any amount of so-called black blood (e.g., genes, etc.) is dragged down into the discounter's mental misery of not being able to escape their blackness. Don't worry about being black, just be thankful that you were born.