Soul has no gender

42 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

In conjunction with your sex. You are conflating cultural assignments to gender with it being an independent entity from sex. 

In trans people  gender is independent of sex.  It has something to do with how their brains are wired.  They also believe they are trapped in the wrong body.  Who are you to say they aren't. Live and let live.

That's one of my favorite Gladys Knight & the Pips songs. There's only one Gladys.

But, they sang it. Alternative relationships. Same problems.

Folks need to know and love themselves before they get lost in someone else and have to sing sad songs.😁

Of course, some of the best music ever written and recorded comes from heartache and despair. 😁😎

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cynique said:

One is physical , the other is mental.  Sex has to do with your genitals; gender has to do with your masculine or feminine orientation.

That's actually spot on.
I wish I had gotten to the question first.

They also believe they are trapped in the wrong body.  Who are you to say they aren't. Live and let live.

But if soul has no gender...wouldn't that nullify their argument of being "trapped in the wrong body" ?

Daniel

You are conflating cultural assignments to gender with it being an independent entity from sex. 

Those are GENDER ROLES

Many Transgender people DO have psychological problems.
Some do not.

However like you and most Conservatives, I do NOT support the Trans Movement.

57 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

They also believe they are trapped in the wrong body.  Who are you to say they aren't. Live and let live.

But if soul has no gender...wouldn't that nullify their argument of being "trapped in the wrong body" ?

No. You're making a non sequitir.  Body and soul are not the same.

Cynique

Body and soul are not the same.

I never said that, nor is that even my point

The point is.....
IF (and it hasn't been established) a Soul has no gender then how can Trans people who claim they are trapped in the body of the wrong sex -stand ON that claim?

28 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

IF (and it hasn't been established) a Soul has no gender then how can Trans people who claim they are trapped in the body of the wrong sex -stand ON that claim?

Why can't they stand on  that claim?? Your question makes no sense.  Secondly,  they don't have to answer for an opinion I expressed.  The can  maintain what they believe. .  

3 hours ago, Delano said:

Does spirit have a gender.

Yes...multiple

3 hours ago, Cynique said:

Why can't they stand on  that claim?? Your question makes no sense.  Secondly,  they don't have to answer for an opinion I expressed.  The can  maintain what they believe. .  

You're CLAIM...that souls have no gender...makes no sense, if you feel that they can stand on the claim that their soul is in the "wrong body".

IF you are right....then Transgender people who believe they are trapped in the wrong body ARE wrong for feeling that their gender doesn't line up with the sex of their body.

Human beings come in two flavors male and female. 

The blessing and curse of being a human is having the ability to feel, think and reason. That's the source of confusion. 

IMO, there's no such thing as being trapped in the wrong body. The Supreme Being doesn't make mistakes. 

Human beings have free will which allows them to go against the grain. Yet, there's a reason those choices come with so many complications. 😎

@Pionee: What transcendered people think or believe has nothing to do with the title of a post i made about a lesbian giving a soulful rendition of a torch song. "Soul"  refers to the emotion she imbued the song with; it was an adjective, not a noun -  a play on words that apparently went over your head. 

@Prof D  i'm not a spokesperson for the LGQB community but  they could make the argument, that they are mutations of the human species, a third sex, if you will.  They may be a form of population control because they cannot reproduce but they do exist and contribute to society because so many of them are aesthetically gifted. The Supreme Being makes plenty of mistakes. they are called monsters and are aborted by the womb.

28 minutes ago, Cynique said:

@Prof D  i'm not a spokesperson for the LGQB community but  they could make the argument, that they are mutations of the human species, a third sex, if you will.  They may be a form of population control because they cannot reproduce but they do exist and contribute to society because so many of them are aesthetically gifted. 

Cynique, they can argue until their faces turn UV but the birth certificate doesn't lie. A bat and balls is a male and a pocketbook is a female. In the case of a hermaphrodite, I believe the birth certificate says TBD at a later date.😁

Now, however an individual chooses to identify, dress and/or use their plumbing equipment is an entirely different matter. That's free will.

The brokenhearted lover sang that song. I could hear the Soul coming from the diaphragm. The gold tooth probably added some stank too. 😁😎

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cynique said:

What transcendered people think or believe has nothing to do with the title of a post i made about a lesbian giving a soulful rendition of a torch song. "Soul"  refers to the emotion she imbued the song with; it was an adjective, not a noun -  a play on words that apparently went over your head. 

Is she a trans lesbian or a cis lesbian?

7 hours ago, Cynique said:

One is physical , the other is mental.  Sex has to do with your genitals; gender has to do with your masculine or feminine orientation.

Beautifully stated!  :chef’s kiss:

I would add gender is fluid too.  

Sex as identifier is quite complicated.  

I was assigned female at birth - but didn’t learn I had all the working parts until way after puberty - actually when I gave birth.   

But what about babies assigned male or female at birth but have nothing to go with their penis or  vagina?  What about alleged females that  have XY chromosome - and gonads.  They are NOT hermaphrodites.  They present as female but they really are neither sex. They have a different assignment of  chromosomes.  

YY is the only assignment spontaneously aborted. 

Check out Swyer Syndrome - it reveals sex chromosomes don’t care about our politics or religious beliefs. 

The Human species is far more complex than our tiny minds can begin to understand. 

• Like 2