Black. Men. In. Entertainment !!

Basketball  Star   Russell  Westbrook. Was. Wearing. A. Dress. And. A,Skirt. .Why. .Black. Men. Have. No. Problem. Wearing. Dresses. And,Skirts.  .Tyler. Perry. ,Martin. Lawrence. .Others. ...The. Tv ,Black, Entertainment. Dramas. .Black. Mafia. Family. Black. ,Cocaine ,Business ???..Black. Entertainment. Shows. On. The. OWN ,Channel.. ,Black. Men. By. The. White. Entertainment. Media. ..,Gangs,Drugs.  Glamourized  Has. Not. Stopped ........ .Does,Black ,,Entertainment. Matter. ?? Lot. Of. Black  People. Are. Missing ,Black. Gangs. ,Genocide. Black. Communities ,Crack. Houses ,,Pimp,,Houses ,,Churches. Preachers. Steal. Money. Not. Uplifting ,Black.  Communities. ..Do. Black. Communities. Matter ?

• Like 1

This is one of the reasons I have so much respect for Dave Chappelle.
The man walked away from $50 million at what was at that time the height of his career....because they asked him to put on a dress.

He has dignity and self-respect.

I don't agree with everything he says and does because he became famous playing a powder lipped crack head and other silly stereotypes....but he stood by HIS principles and didn't sell out.

That's the part I respect.

I'll tell you who I WAS disappointed in though

Wesley Snipes

I didn't think he'd ever put on a dress but he did it for some Two Wong Fu movie for a hot second and I thought it was so disappointing.
Snipes was my man.
I don't think he did it again afterwards but, still.....

• Thanks 1

Flip Wilson jumped the shark back in the 1970s with his :Geraldine" character.  Blaxploitation films didn't show black men as  positive role models either.

The players have changed and the envelope has been pushed even further in the name of creative freedom. Every negative image and stereotype  is on the table. 

There is zero incentive to show positive, strong black men on TV or the big screen. That would stir up white folks' biggest fears. 

As a result, Tyler Perry and Lee Daniel and Lena Waithe get consulted and funded to show safe black men in their movies and TV shows. 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

I didn't think he'd ever put on a dress but he did it for some Two Wong Fu movie for a hot second and I thought it was so disappointing.

************************************************************************************

It doesn’t take long to mess up your whole reputation. 

W.S. shouldn’t have taken that role, plus he made an 

ooogly ass woman.

image.gif.b05fef28d3e6760b4f9376c41adcdba5.gif

************************************************************************************

• Haha 2

One thing I WOULD say about the Blaxploitation films as stereotypical as they were...

Atleast the Black man was the HERO in those movies, unlike most of the movies of today.

They may have been low budget but the Black men always won at the end, kicking the ass and getting the women.
They even uncovered some racist plots that were going on in the movies.
Except for Get Out (I'm still surprised they let that movie come out) you rarely see that in a script in todays time

I still remember Three The Hard Way and the cop scene with the martial arts...lol.
Shaft, Superfly,

And we can't forget my man DOLEMITE..........

Blast from the Past: Dolemite | Arts | San Luis Obispo | New Times San Luis  Obispo

"Who get's the last laugh NOW....muthafuka!"

Starting in the 80s, Black men started increasing their roles as just plain criminals, clowns, and buffoons.
Con artists, car thieves, and then it elevated to drug dealers and kingpins like New Jack City.

Spike Lee did his best to TRY to turn some of that around but the power of Hollyweird was just too strong.

Like the OJays...Hollyweird had their hooks in some of these brothers to the point they went stone damn crazy!

Remember when Martin Lawrence was seen running down the street in only his drawers with a gun in his hand yelling "fight the power"

Mzuri

It doesn’t take long to mess up your whole reputation. 

W.S. shouldn’t have taken that role, plus he made an 

ooogly ass woman.

You know I actually haven't even seen the movie.
Just a trailer or two or maybe a poster of it.

I couldn't bring myself to watch my man in that role.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, Blaxploitation films, violence, guns, drugs, sex, comedy, etc., there's room for all of it in entertainment. I just think there should be a balance.

White folks make plenty movies of all types of subject matter but the subliminal messaging is always the same

...there's no mistaking that the white  man is strong and powerful. Whether he's killing animals or bad guys or running a criminal enterprise, he comes out on top.

A smart, strong black man like Malcolm X shouldn't come along on the big screen around the same time as Halley's comet. 

Check the films and TV shows of that black Hollywood triumvirate I mentioned above. They show black men in a  weak or dysfunctional secondary role. He's hardly ever a hero.😎

2 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Bro....
Malcolm X was one of the best movies made.
Spike Lee put a lid on it when he did THAT one.

Notice onebody has even ATTEMPTED or even TALKED ABOUT doing another Malcolm flick since 1992?

Absolutely. Denzel Washington is my favorite actor. His body of work is incredible. Yet, they gave him an Oscar for Training Day. But, like Chappelle, Denzel is another one who calls his own shots in Hollywood.😎

Rapper Meek Mill just released a new record.  This link is to an article regarding the artwork on his album:

https://eurweb.com/2021/10/12/watch-dad-loses-it-over-meek-mills-racy-album-art-on-side-of-philly-bus-is-this-what-you-want-black-women/

I linked the article instead of the picture so as not to offend anyone.

Either our people just don't seem to get it and/or they will do anything to make a buck. 😎

ProfD

Dr. Boyce Watkins was doing an entire show about this very subject a few minutes ago.
This might seem a little disappointing, but I really don't have that much of a problem with the cover to be honest.

This is a very interesting subject that probably deserves it's own thread.
Let me know if you want me to throw up another canvass for you to paint on until Troy straightens out your account.

I personally don't have a problem with it for several reasons:

1. I'm no longer religious so I don't find nudity and using women for sex wrong, as long as they aren't being forced into it.
I know you don't need to be religious to have morals...and I have morals...but they don't revolve around sexual activity.
So I personally don't find it offensive.
I know I'm not a Black woman so I can't answer for them but as a Black man I LOVE seeing the body of Black women.  

2.I think too many of our sisters have picked up the "any appreciation of the female body is offensive" vibe from a lot of the White feminists they went to college with.
So now any attempt to portray Black women in a sexual light is seen as offensive.
The fact is MOST WOMEN....of all races...are sexualized...not just Black women.

3. We can't have it both ways.
We can't say don't sexualize the Black woman....but when a Black man says ok and then goes after the White woman who doesn't have ANY problem getting naked and being as freaky as she wants to be...then get mad at him for chasing after White women.

We tell the brother stop disrespecting the sister and lusting after her....so he stops and goes after the White woman.
We tell him to stop lusting after the White woman....so he stops and starts lusting after OTHER Black men...LOL
We tell him NO BROTHER...stop lusting after other dudes.......

Now the poor brother don't know WHO he's allowed to lust after.
And starts lusting after HIMSELF to be on the safe-side.

Create meme "meme black man with hand in pants, the Negro with laptop MEM, black  man with laptop MEM " - Pictures - Meme-arsenal.com

"Can a brutha catch a break???"

So, for me....as long as it's between consenting men and women...it's all good.
Can't make too many rules and restrictions.
But that's just MY opinion after so many experiences and observations of Black man/female relations.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

This might seem a little disappointing, but I really don't have that much of a problem with the cover to be honest.

So I personally don't find it offensive.

I know I'm not a Black woman so I can't answer for them but as a Black man I LOVE seeing the body of Black women.  

Personally, I'm not offended by Meek Mill's artwork.  I just don't find it to be in good taste.  The artwork looks like something that should be in a Boondocks comic book.😁

I'm not a black woman either but as a connoisseur of them, I can type/say unequivocally that many black women take great pride in their bodies and personal appearance.  They just want it to be seen by the *right* person i.e. someone who they find attractive.

That's why black women wear clothes to accentuate the positive and give an idea of what lies beneath.  They certainly don't dress like Middle Eastern or Amish women.

Women do not want to be objectified or sexualized by those to whom they're not attracted.  When a woman is digging someone, it's on and poppin' and everything comes off.

Religion and morality is the smoke screen folks hide behind until they feel safe letting their hair down and doing what comes naturally.

Whodini said, "nobody wants to be called a freak but everybody wants to get freaked". 😁

Even in black churches, the women try to out-dress each other in order to get the pastor's robe to rise.  They certainly aren't going after the choir director dude because he's after the pastor too. 😁

The bottom line is that black women are comfortable in their nakedness and willing to share it with whoever they feel is qualified to see them. 😎

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ProfD said:

This link is to an article regarding the artwork on his album:

Wow  Anglo "dad", are you ok?  I think he needs a little bit of  cultural exposure. 🤯 - Shout out to Meek Mill for commissioning art work from a black woman! 

Thank you for this link to the Artist, Nina Chanel Abney.  This is my first time seeing her work and it is inspiring!  #Sankofa  - It appears she is reaching back to ancient KMT to bring us modern-day hieroglyphs and nudes to tell her story. Bravo for  keeping African antiquity alive.  LINK: https://ninachanel.com/

15 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

THIS! 

A lot of us black women love our bodies too.  No one wants to be objectified that's brain-damaged western civilization programming - BUT when black men LOVE our bodies it's endearing, it's foreplay. it's LOVE.  It says to us or (at least me) black men feel they're home 🥲

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mel

BUT when black men LOVE our bodies it's endearing, it's foreplay. it's LOVE. 

Well I love the Black woman's body, even those with a collapsed uterus!

It says to us or (at least me) black men feel they're home

Ofcourse....lol....most of us literally CAME from it.
Living inside of a Black woman for 9 months.

• Haha 1

Have any of you ever seen  "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner" released in 1967 and starring Sidney Poitier?  I guess the character he played is how some would prefer black males to be portrayed on screen.  "Art imitates life" is the motto of the film industry and is something this old movie  did in one aspect when it showed a perfect, upstanding, overachieving, professional negro  - seeking the approval of his white fiancee's parents.  😉 😁

Nowadays a lot of Nigerian actors are beating out the competition for leading roles among home grown black actors in Hollywood.  In the hugely successful Brigerton series, the romantic lead, who did not personify a negative image, was played by a black Englishmen named Regé-Jean Page. 

😍 😚  🤪 

972872128_brigertonfinemanbyhimself.jpg.c5563026d7fbb0eddaf18479efbfba43.jpg

Cynique, it really doesn't matter to me how the black man looks or where he comes from as long as he's not cast to be effeminate, ignorant or stupid.  I just want to see us as winners instead of losers.

We don't need more negative images  of black men on screen.  There's enough of that sh8t with the real life boys in the hood mentality among some of our folks.😁 😎

8 hours ago, Cynique said:

Nowadays a lot of Nigerian actors are beating out the competition for leading roles among home grown black actors in Hollywood.  In the hugely successful Brigerton series, the romantic lead, who did not personify a negative image, was played by a black Englishmen named Regé-Jean Page. 

😍 😚  🤪 

972872128_brigertonfinemanbyhimself.jpg.c5563026d7fbb0eddaf18479efbfba43.jpg

Problem is....the man pictured above is NOT Black.
He's Mulatto.

20 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Problem is....the man pictured above is NOT Black.
He's Mulatto.

Not a problem for me if he's bi-racial. He got black hair.

24 minutes ago, Cynique said:

@ProfDI understand your position. And as in every other field, black actors are not on an equal basis with white ones who can play any role, go against type, accept a challenge  that tests their skills and allows them to stretch out and show off their acting chops.  Not so with black actors because their  audience no longer wants them to play anything but mainstream characters. You say you want balance, but do you? 

Calling for black versions of popular white characters is another a big thing.  Fans want a black James Bond.  Author Ian Fleming, who created the Janes Bond character, depicted him as a white Englishman.  Imo, wanting to change this is a travesty, like  having a white character play Walter Mosely's  EZ Rawlins or James Patterson's Alex Cross when both Rawlins and Cross are black detectives. No way.

But that's just me, Cynique...aka the ex-mate of the black race.  

3 hours ago, Cynique said:

Not a problem for me if  he's bi-racial. He got black hair.

No problema para mi tambien.....

But the problem is calling Mulatto people "Black" can be quite deceptive because it gives the impression that race relations are improving and Black people are being given sexy roles....when they're STILL promoting the image of "Caucasian  beauty" but just labeling them Black.

1 minute ago, Pioneer1 said:

No problema para mi tambien.....

But the problem is calling Mulatto people "Black" can be quite deceptive because it gives the impression that race relations are improving and Black people are being given sexy roles....when they're STILL promoting the image of "Caucasian  beauty" but just labeling them Black.

Who calls people mulatto anymore? That's that's the outdated term you use in order try and make your ambiguous point.  Nowadays people are called bi-racial or mixed if their parents are of 2 different races. This actor could not play a white role. He looks black. 

Who calls people mulatto anymore? That's that's the outdated term you use in order try and make your ambiguous point.  Nowadays people are called bi-racial or mixed if their parents are of 2 different races. This actor could not play a white role. He looks black. 

I use the term....because it's accurate.
It's more accurate than simply calling someone "mixed race" because there are MORE THAN 5 different races on the planet a person could be mixed with.
I also use the term Zambo and Meztizo.

Further, he doesn't "look Black".
He looks like an actual Mulatto with phenotypical features that are pretty much in between his African and Cacaucasian parents.

Problem is, in the United States we're so used to calling EVERYBODY Black.....not just Mulattos but "Quadroons" and "Octoroons" with only trace amounts of Black ancestry....that most people just toss him in the Black category despite the fact that no pure Sub-Saharan African looks like him.

29 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Problem is, in the United States we're so used to calling EVERYBODY Black.....not just Mulattos but "Quadroons" and "Octoroons" with only trace amounts of Black ancestry....that most people just toss him in the Black category despite the fact that no pure Sub-Saharan African looks like him.

WHO says this is a problem in America where very few black people are pure African. In this country blackness is in the eye of the beholder and he fits into the broad spectrum of what African Americans look like.  Go ask the man on the street, what he is . Ask a Millennial what he is.  Ask a Hollywood casting Director what roles he would be up for.  Get real.  

57 minutes ago, Cynique said:

And as in every other field, black actors are not on an equal basis with white ones who can play any role, go against type, accept a challenge  that tests their skills and allows them to stretch out and show off their acting chops.  Not so with black actors because their  audience no longer wants them to play anything but mainstream characters. You say you want balance, but do you?

Denzel Washington, Lawrence Fishburne and Samuel L. Jackson would beg to differ. Their body of work shows range and balance too. 😎

WHO says this is a problem in America where very few black people are pure African. In this country blackness is in the eye of the beholder and he fits into the broad spectrum of what African Americans look like.  Go ask the man on the street, what he is . Ask a Millennial what he is.  Ask a Hollywood casting Director what roles he would be up for.  Get real.  

Consensus doesn't justify ignorance.

Most Americans are ignorant of the true definitions and categories of race and ethnicity, and aren't qualified to accurately label even THEMSELVES let alone others

4 minutes ago, ProfD said:

Denzel Washington, Lawrence Fishburne and Samuel L. Jackson would beg to differ. Their body of work shows range and balance too. 😎

@ProfDIt's a new day out there. They are veteran actors from the a different era.  Do you think black audiences would be comfortable with Michael B. Jordan playing an effeminate homosexual? I could deal with it. Could you?

16 minutes ago, Cynique said:

@ProfDIt's a new day out there. They are veteran actors from the a different era.  Do you think black audiences would be comfortable with Michael B. Jordan playing an effeminate homosexual? I could deal with it. Could you?

Nope. I would hope that Michael B. Jordan would turn down such a role.😎

56 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Consensus doesn't justify ignorance.

Most Americans are ignorant of the true definitions and categories of race and ethnicity, and aren't qualified to accurately label even THEMSELVES let alone others

In this zeitgeist there is also such a thing as useless information.  You are full of it which in this case makes you irrelevant. It takes Troy to tell you about your ignorance about race

44 minutes ago, ProfD said:

Nope. I would hope that Michael B. Jordan would turn down such a role.😎

@ProfDYour reaction as a black person is why Michael would probably not take on the challenge of playing such a role altho he might want to.  Brad Pitt, however, could get away with doing so and would win praise from white audiences if he did a good job of it.

Cynique

In this zeitgeist there is also such a thing as useless information.  You are full of it which in this case makes you irrelevant. It takes Troy to tell you about your ignorance about race

I was wondering how long it took before you jumped up and started your ritualistic ad hominems...lol
I actually expected it in your 2nd post.

Since the ad hominems have already started, I guess it's a little too late to point out how you also CONTRADICTED YOURSELF BY first speaking of "mixed race" people...only to turn around and in invoke Troy's position that multiple races don't exist.

Is that what you NOW believe....because you first started TALKING about people of multiple races.

Just admit you have no argument and you're just....

9,091 Lost Person Illustrations & Clip Art - iStock

Confused and don't know WHICH way to go.

On 10/15/2021 at 9:41 PM, Cynique said:

@ProfDYour reaction as a black person is why Michael would probably not take on the challenge of playing such a role altho he might want to.  Brad Pitt, however, could get away with doing so and would win praise from white audiences if he did a good job of it.

I'm totally fine with my position. Not all medicine is good for all patients. As black folks, we shouldn't run around doing everything white folks do.😎

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ProfD said:

As black folks, we shouldn't run around doing everything white folks do.😎

I'd go as far as to say one of the main reasons why our community is so dysfunctional right now is BECAUSE of too many Black folks trying to imitate White people and trying to adopt their social and moral values.
What works for them doesn't necessarily work for us.
They are different and have a different physical and psychological make-up than we do.

Also, a lot of what we THINK they're doing.....aren't what they're actually doing.
They PRTEND to do it in public...while doing the exact OPPOSITE in private.
But a dumb negro will look at what they do and say in public and try to imitate it and wonder why things are so fucked up for him and not for the White dude.

Not all medicine is good for all patients. 

Indeed

The RIGHT medicine for the WRONG illness in the WRONG dosage is actually poison.

image.jpeg.99c67919bc4e16ce3ab45f474bbace18.jpeg

7 hours ago, ProfD said:

I'm totally fine with my position. Not all medicine is good for all patients. As black folks, we shouldn't run around doing everything white folks do.😎

@ProfDThis is true; particularly since Blacks aren't free to run around doing everything white folks do. 🙃  At the same time, Blacks are also quick to justify doing bad things by saying "white folks do it, too".  This also speaks to my point that Blacks ought to stop coming up with ideas to  have a black James Bond, and a black Superman, and the latest - black Ken and Barbie dolls.  These are the ongoing contradictions of being black in a white controlled world.  

• Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 3:24 PM, Cynique said:

@ProfDThis is true; particularly since Blacks aren't free to run around doing everything white folks do. 🙃  At the same time, Blacks are also quick to justify doing bad things by saying "white folks do it, too".  This also speaks to my point that Blacks ought to stop coming up with ideas to  have a black James Bond, and a black Superman, and the latest - black Ken and Barbie dolls.  These are the ongoing contradictions of being black in a white controlled world.  

Yeah, doing negative things and saying "white folks do it too" is the equivalent of finger pointing and it's childish.  Ain't nobody got time for that.

I don't have a problem with AfroAmericans taking a concept and improving upon it constructively. If black folks can come up wtih an action hero or a thing of beauty, go for it.

Most art is built on variations of  familiar themes.  Some folks can take a blank canvas and come up with something original.  A lot of stuff is derivative.  

Music and sports would be devoid of flavor if AfroAmericans  didn't use their gifts, knowledge, skills and abilities to flip the script on it. 

Remove all black football and basketball players from the game.  Hardly anybody would watch it. 

AfroAmericans  added Rhythm and Blues; soul and funk to music.  We are responsible for the baby making music of the 1970s. 

White folks consume what black folks do until they figure out how we did it.  Then, they codify, reproduce and sell it to themselves.  From The Rolling Stones to Elvis Presley to Michael Bolton to Celine Dion, they've repackaged black music.  Now, they consider Eminem one of the greatest rappers.  

So, if black folks can come up with a better version of James Bond, Superman or a doll, they should do it. 

I'm a huge proponent of AfroAmericans seeing themselves in positive positions of power, intellgence, excellence and beauty.  

In my eternal optimism, I'll forever be pro-black to a fault.  Even if it kills me.  I can live with that. 😁😎

• Like 1

ProfD

White folks consume what black folks do until they figure out how we did it.  Then, they codify, reproduce and sell it to themselves.  From The Rolling Stones to Elvis Presley to Michael Bolton to Celine Dion, they've repackaged black music.  Now, they consider Eminem one of the greatest rappers. 

And Eminem ain't even from Detroit

His entire image is as phony as a $4 bill.  
Completely made up and used to put a White face on Hiphop

But that's what they do....they see something valuable and slowly try to co-opt it into their own culture.
The first thing they do is get RACIALLY AMBIGUOUS looking music artists like Paula Abdul or Mariah Carey....even Michael Jackson....and make them the super-stars instead of artists who look clearly Black.  
And each generation the artists get lighter and lighter until right around 2000 they started using full blown White artists like Christina Aguillar and Justin Timberlake to perform Black music.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

ProfD

White folks consume what black folks do until they figure out how we did it.  Then, they codify, reproduce and sell it to themselves.  From The Rolling Stones to Elvis Presley to Michael Bolton to Celine Dion, they've repackaged black music.  Now, they consider Eminem one of the greatest rappers. 

And Eminem ain't even from Detroit

His entire image is as phony as a $4 bill.  
Completely made up and used to put a White face on Hiphop

But that's what they do....they see something valuable and slowly try to co-opt it into their own culture.
The first thing they do is get RACIALLY AMBIGUOUS looking music artists like Paula Abdul or Mariah Carey....even Michael Jackson....and make them the super-stars instead of artists who look clearly Black.  
And each generation the artists get lighter and lighter until right around 2000 they started using full blown White artists like Christina Aguillar and Justin Timberlake to perform Black music.

Adding insult to injury, Eminem rounds up 12 AfroAmerican rappers to form a crew. Those n8gglets grinning and smiling in the background enjoying a white Trojan horse ride. Hip-Hop is black music.

Michael Jackson looked just fine up until the Off the Wall album. The success of the Thriller album led to that dude to losing his mind and bleaching himself. The ultimate display of black self-hatred was him adopting those white kids and leaving his fortune to them. 

Yeah, because black folks don't own much of anything, white folks can take it and do whatever they please. Kinda like discovering America. 😁😎

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ProfD said:

Now, they consider Eminem one of the greatest rappers.  

So, if black folks can come up with a better version of James Bond, Superman or a doll, they should do it. 

Dr. Dre, has "inducted" Eminem into his Rapper hall of Fame. And Run DMC credit the Beastie Boys with being the real thing in this peer group.  How can you condone black folks giving James Bond and Suoerman do-overs and colorizing what was originally white, and then condemn whites for being Rappers or adopting  other forms of  blakc music?   So, would it be permissible for whites to discourage blacks from playing classical music by the old Masters? Ars Gratia artis

3 minutes ago, Cynique said:

Dr. Dre, has "inducted" Eminem into his Rapper hall of Fame. And Run DMC credit the Beastie Boys with being the real thing in this peer group.  How can you condone black folks giving James Bond and Suoerman do-overs and colorizing what was originally white, and then condemn whites for being Rappers or adopting  other forms of  blakc music?   So, would it be permissible for whites to discourage blacks from playing classical music by the old Masters? Ars Gratia artis

Well, since black folks created everything, we're just taking it back. White folks don't really create anything.  They steal and repackage it. 😎

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Why nuclear bombs go up in a mushroom cloud — Steemit

Chinese folks created the first explosion with gunpowder.  White folks just replaced sulfur, carbon and potassium nitrate with uranium and plutonium and a fission/fusion process to create  a nuclear bomb. They take credit for inventing stuff but they steal a lot.😁😎

3 hours ago, ProfD said:

OK. Gotcha.😁

Thought you were giving them credit for something. As you can see, I refuse. 😁😎

I'll give them credit alright........

The same type of "credit" Malcolm X gave them.

My father Malcolm X

"Credit for being the greatest LIARS on Earth
Credit for being the greatest ENSLAVERS on Earth
Credit for being the greatest MURDERERS on Earth
Credit for being the greatest SWINE-EATERS and
DRUNKARDS on Earth
HE can't deny this!
YOU can't deny this!"

GO 'HEAD BRUTHA MALCOLM!!!!!