Superman Comes Out

• Pioneer1 changed the title to Spiderman Comes Out
25 minutes ago, ProfD said:

They done added silly putty to the man of steel and normalizing the alphabet soup community to future generations of comic book readers. 🤨😎

************************************************************************************

THIS IS DISGUSTING!

I don’t understand why five-year-olds cannot look at comic books 

without being exposed to Superman’s sex life.  In addition to that

concern, the publishers are providing grooming tools to child

molesters.  I’ll just leave it at that.  For now.

image.gif.b05fef28d3e6760b4f9376c41adcdba5.gif

************************************************************************************

• Pioneer1 changed the title to Superman Comes Out
17 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Just give it a few months.

I see the door knob turning already...lol.

Right.  They can expose young folks to the alphabet soup movement through comic books, cartoons and TV but don't want them to learn critical race theory because it might make them feel some kinda way.  🤨😎

18 hours ago, Mzuri said:

I don’t understand why five-year-olds cannot look at comic books 

without being exposed to Superman’s sex life.

Agreed.

This has less to do about helping gay people "see themselves" reflected in comic books and more to do with increasing notoriety through controversy, a common tactic today.

Again, the media laps this stuff up, on cue, spins it for al the controversy it is worth to get more traffic, to serve more advertising to us, to get us to buy more shit we don't need. 

The reality is that it is not Clark Kent who is gay, but his son that has come out.  Again, making it seemed as though "Superman" is now gay was done to create more controversy.  I only know that beside I heard a more complete story on NPR...

My default is to ignore most of this stuff. But if you are online, it is hard to ignore this nonsense as it is virtually force feed to you. As a result I did see an image of Superman's son locking lips with another dude.  I don't ever recall seeing lark Kent lock lips with Lois Lane in such a fashion. But again, this is more about generating revenue than serving the LGBTQ+ community.

In fact, this whole thing will just exacerbate relationship with the "community" in the same way "critical race theory" has with the Black community.

• Like 1

Do 5 year-olds read comic books? Don't expect a lot of disapproval from comic book fanatics.  My youngest son, who will probably give the Superman hook-up a thumbs-down, attends comic book conventions all over the country  and from what he says, the fans and patrons who show up at these venues are a pretty bizarre bunch, many of them are dressed up as their favorite super heroes and heroines. The stars who play the characters in the movies also show up  to sign autographs and pictures, and are paid a pretty penny to do so. Gamers and comic book fans tend to be a little on the weird side. My son publishes a line of comic books with religious themes. He thinks I'm weird because i am not religious.  

1 hour ago, Cynique said:

Do 5 year-olds read comic books? 

@Cynique

I'm pretty sure they do and I'm also pretty sure that you missed my point.  

How about this:

I don't understand why GRANDPA cannot look at comic books without 

being exposed to Superman's sex life.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mzuri said:

@Cynique

I'm pretty sure they do and I'm also pretty sure that you missed my point.  

How about this:

I don't understand why GRANDPA cannot look at comic books without 

being exposed to Superman's sex life.

For somebody who doesn't understand anything, you are pretty sure.