What is CRT & Can this be Correlated to Face Mask Mandates?

What is CRT & Can this be Correlated to Face Mask Mandates?

It seems like some aggressive parents, students, teachers, and school members are angry about what is being taught in the classroom about ‘Racism’ but in some strange twist, the issue of ‘wearing face mask’ is being associated with this concern about ‘teaching about racism’ as it correlates to the First Amendment. Or are they two separate issues that happened to be crucial topics of the day? Last week I read an article about some school board members and their complaint about teaching CRT [C.R.T.—Critical Race Theory] and then later analyst say that this may be a First Amendment violation!? Other articles I’ve read state that some parents disagree with teaching the CRT while others agree. First of all, what does it mean? Okay, so it’s a theory!? What is the difference in teaching about ‘the theory’ versus actual historical events of racial discrimination? I feel deception in the air!

The Memo: Culture war intensifies over school boards

Niall Stanage  52 mins ago

School boards have become a new front in the nation’s culture wars – and hostilities are only getting more intense. …

… given that school board members and teachers – and, in some cases,

students – have faced verbal attacks and aggressive behavior, primarily

over mask mandates and the controversy over critical race theory in recent months.

The Memo: Culture war intensifies over school boards (msn.com)

On the surface, that just sounds plain crazy to me, the issue of CRT and also face mask mandates being two separate issues or not, and after reading articles, I was still confused initially. Most people may assume that these two issues are separate conflicts of our day, but I see a correlation between the two issues that may soon surface. And to add to this idea, after recent experiences in the classroom, I have to tell you that I do see a connection but probably not what has been outlined so far in recent publication. At any rate, can anyone shed some more light on these topics? Again, on the surface, they are two separate issues but, after being asked to specifically cover ‘problem classrooms’ as a ‘regular go-to’ Substitute Teacher in a public school and seeing how certain students behave in the classroom, I do see that these issues can intersect!

For the most part, a great percentage of behavioral problems come from Black students and a small number of White and ‘other’ students as well and it can be outrageous. In most cases that I have had to deal with in a predominantly White Upper Middle Class school community, it is several of the Black students that almost completely disregard the masking requirements, and will remove their masks, disobey the seating assignments, and get up out of their assigned seats and move around the classroom, touching, hitting, hugging, etc. other students. The few White and ‘foreign American’ students that misbehave have done nothing of that sort, however, they will constantly talk, cuss [curse] and at times get up out of their seat briefly but will return. They will social distance themselves in the classroom and wear their masks properly. Some of the teachers are exhausted and let me know how much they appreciate me covering their classes. Yes, I hear the racial conflicts too, but I don’t seem to have any problem addressing issues thus far! [Keeping my fingers crossed!] I love these students, they are absolutely adorable, and they seem to adore me even though, I can be rigid in my principles. I love the diversity. Most of these students are amazing and just about everyday I will get a couple of replies from students, Black, White, foreign in how they think I am the best teacher ever. It’s so sad to know that we as humans must endure such evils as racism, but imo, it’s a reality and we need to deal with it and not run from it. However, because this topic of CRT is so new to me, I am not sure if I agree or disagree with it:

Critical Race Theory: A Brief History

By Jacey Fortin

July 27, 2021

About a year ago, even as the United States was seized by protests against racism, many Americans had never heard the phrase “critical race theory.”

Now, suddenly, the term is everywhere. It makes national and international

headlines and is a target for talking heads. Culture wars over critical

race theory have turned school boards into battlegrounds, and in

higher education, the term has been tangled up in tenure battles.

Dozens of United States senators have branded it “activist indoctrination.”

What is Critical Race Theory? A Brief History Explained - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

And just when I began to think that this may be a racist ploy to stop teaching about racism here in America, I saw this article posted in major news post a few days ago of a Republican Black woman, Quisha King, a single mother of three children, who has been lauded for her disagreement on teaching the CRT! So now I am really baffled:

·         Quisha King was speaking on a panel for the Pray Vote Stand Summit in Virginia on Thursday night

Florida mother has called for a 'mass exodus' from the increasingly

liberal public school system, saying it is parents' only choice to avoid

their kids being indoctrinated with CRT. 

Florida mom calls for mass exodus from the public school system in row over CRT and masks | Daily Mail Online

48925951-10072659-Q-a-39_1633697610036.j

After reading a little more I have learned that this theory was reported to first be developed by a very brilliant and highly educated law professor, a Black woman named Kimberly Crenshaw. However, there are other reports that stress this idea was around much earlier in time. However, this theory has been a major subject of debate on the college level and in politics. And I was so relieved to know that like me, there are others who don’t really know what this term really means.

CRT is a big DISTRACTION

Something they put up to get Black folks worked up over and get people to fighting over WHILE they're enacting laws and codes that are REALLY harmful.

Black folks should be building our own schools and teaching our own children anyway.
Not running around arguing with White folks and trying to force THEM to teach our children about racism....if that's the goal of CRT.

And if the goal is to teach White folks about racism.....that's like teaching a criminal about crime.

Don't be a guest: How to take control of inmate housing units – Wisconsin  Jail Association

"You THINK you know how to jack somebody
But let me tell ya....you don't know JACK!"

What the HELL sense does it make for some Black man in dreadlocks and glasses to stand there call himself lecturing a group of White college kids on racism in America???

African American students and alumni build community at the UI | Iowa Now

" Ok guys...this class is about racism.
In case you didn't know how racism operates, I'm gonna teach you all about it"

NICCA THEY KNOW MORE ABOUT IT THAN YOU!!

MY idea of Critical Race Theory wouldn't be Black folks lecturing White racists about racism.

MY idea of Critical Race Theory would be the other way around!!!!!

It would consist of WHITE FOLKS who go around telling Black students how racism is practiced both overtly and covertly and exposing all the tricks and lies they use.
Not some dried up nicca with veins running through his arms standing infront of a class full of racist White folks grinning at his silly ass as he tries to teach them how "hard" it is for Black people in the U.S.....as if the folks who MADE it that way don't already know.

• Like 1