My 1st NFT

I just started making my first NFT. An article and @DCComics pushed me over the edge. I had been hearing about it for awhile.

DC Comics gave me my first. I then scanned an article in The Economist  which motivated me to take the plunge to create my own.

So far I am using OpenSea and Coinbase wallet.  I hope to have my first one ready by the end of the weekend. Follow me on OpenSea and let’s see how things develop. https://opensea.io/Daniellegfny 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

************************************************************************************

@daniellegfny

Congratulations.  

I dabbled in nifties a few months ago.

Coinbase is starting its own NFT platform 

for buying and selling.

Check it out.

Coinbase

image.gif.b05fef28d3e6760b4f9376c41adcdba5.gif

************************************************************************************

What is an "NFT"...another internet scam?

One of those crypto-currency TRAPS that have been set up to shift money around and make you think you're actually gaining something in the confusion?

Ain't building a damn thing...just playing games and tricking people out of what little money they DO have.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

What is an "NFT"...another internet scam?

What!!!

You don't know what a Non-Fungible Token (NFT) is? 

These were all the rage a few months ago, and then they weren't,

but now they are again. 

People call them nifty or nifties.

Beeple sold an NFT for $69 million

Mzuri

You don't know what a Non-Fungible Token (NFT) is? 

I thought that ALL tokens were non-fungible, if you kept them in a cool dry spot.

These were all the rage a few months ago, and then they weren't,
but now they are again. 

Don't worry....once they get a few more "Daniels" to invest in them...like the Terminator -they'll be back, lol.

But that should let you know right then and there something is SHIFTY about them.

If the value is THAT unstable that it can rise and fall like that, it tells you it's a scam with a string attached.
They sucker people in to take their money and when they get enough suckers sucked in...then they lower the boom and take the cash and dash.

Now honestly young lady, how much REAL hard-currency cash were you able to make off of investing in this stuff?
You don't have to tell me all your business...but did you make atleast over....say....$200 profit, investing in it?????

People call them nifty or nifties.

Yeah???

image.jpeg.a342f50bf52aa2558d4abf66f8e566cc.jpeg

"Well they should stop calling
them "nifties"  and start calling
them "SHIFTIES".

Because the whole thing sounds SHIFTY to me.
Some of those involved in inventing them were probably shifty as hell and designed them not only to cheat folks out of their REAL currency but get them in trouble with the IRS.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Now honestly young lady, how much REAL hard-currency cash were you able to make off of investing in this stuff?
You don't have to tell me all your business...but did you make atleast over....say....$200 profit, investing in it?????

I'm not sure if they lost value, for some reason people lost interest in them, 

it may have been because Bitcoin kept fluctuating.  

I created some digital artwork that I was going to put on the galleries but

it was too involved, I had a bunch of other things going on, and then I

heard that people lost interest so I didn't pursue it.

But I still have all my artwork and it doesn't take long to make more. 

It's just a hassle getting it onto the platforms because you have to

mint it and go through a bunch of rigmarole.

A few cats mentioned something  to me about investing in a crypto-currency. 

So, I'm thinking I could break these chumps off with some change wtih an understanding of how much I could make at some point in time. 

Well, it wasn't quite that simple.  It was more like entering the 36 Chambers of Wu-Tang.

I didn't even bother to follow up.  It could have been related to some NFT sh8t or something similar.

Oh well, I'll never know.  I've still got the fungi-colored money in my safe and underneath the mattress. 😁😎

• Like 1

Mzuri

Well that answered my question..lol.

MzuriProfD

That crypto-currency jive is nothing but a TRAP to reel people in and take their REAL money.
And quite possibly get them imprisoned.

A few years ago I heard people bragging about how it's untraceable and you don't know who's doing what with bit-coins.

I said.....

getTV - Nathaniel Taylor (1938–2019) would have been 83 today. He's a '70s  TV icon as Rollo Lawson, but he's also in movies like TROUBLE MAN (1972),  WILLIE DYNAMITE (1974) and PASSING

"Fool...if YOU know about it,
why wouldn't the IRS and FBI?"

They know who's got what...and what they're doing with it.
They're just sitting back and waiting to make their move.

Next thing you know you see strings of people in cuffs being hauled into Federal court in bit-coin scams.
Yet they CLAIM it's the new currency and nobody can find out about it.

These people come up with one scam after another.
That's why Black people need to HURRY UP and buy our own land, grow our own food, and build our own cities so so many of our people won't end up caught in these traps they put out.

Like we talked about in the other thread.....when you don't mind actually WORKING and PRODUCING something for the money you're getting, you're not a susceptible to be suckered into these schemes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mzuri said:

It's just a hassle getting it onto the platforms because you have to

mint it and go through a bunch of rigmarole

It’s not as complicated as it seems. That may have been part of the hesitation and renewed interest.

https://www.domusweb.it/en/news/2021/05/13/how-to-mint-your-own-nft-in-5-simple-steps.html

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ProfD said:

I didn't even bother to follow up.  It could have been related to some NFT sh8t or something similar.

While it does involve crypto @Mzuriand I are talking about turning created works into a means to get paid every time it gets sold. I would recommend reading the short articles I posted above.

@Pioneer1your credit card 💳 is an ancestor of Crypto. So are green stamps, food stamps, and gift cards.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, daniellegfny said:

While it does involve crypto @Mzuriand I are talking about turning created works into a means to get paid every time it gets sold. I would recommend reading the short articles I posted above.

I read the articles. I have an understanding of NFT. Just tied in my brush wirh crypto.😎

• Like 1

Daniel

@Pioneer1your credit card 💳 is an ancestor of Crypto. 

Either that, or Crypto currency is a monsterous MUTATION of the credit card.

Credit cards are stable and the value of them are stable.

Crypto currency as a shaky as a California fault line.

Study finds drilling may have caused deadly 1933 California quake | 89.3  KPCC

@daniellegfny

I saw this and thought you might find it interesting:

People Are Taking Out Loans Against Their NFTs—And Defaulting 

On 10/14/2021 at 6:38 PM, Pioneer1 said:

…REAL money

What real money are you talking about? The money we use today is not “real.” 

Indeed all money is based upon a fiction we create and choose to believe.

Today I rarely use currency. Why should I?

This morning I threw away a penny. It is worthless and i have no reason to carry it around. Why they continue to mint those things makes no sense to me. They probably cost more to make than they are worth.

Cryptocurrency really is the future. Because there is no central authority controlling it, making it far more secure and efficient It is global and virtually unhackable.

As far as NFT I’m looking into getting into that space, but I’m proceeding with caution because … well you know our people….

• Like 1

Troy

What???

You're falling for this crap?
I'm surprised that you don't see the trap this crypto-crap is pulling people towards.

You say there's no central authority controlling it but WHITE PEOPLE are controlling it at the top.
That's the central authority even if they don't have an actual country it's based out of.

As far as this money not being real..........

As long as I can use it to pay for my goods and services, it's real.

15 Most Bizarre Experiences From Pizza Delivery Drivers

"That'll be $55 plus the tip sir...."

It doesn't matter whether it's backed by gold, silver, or a wet fart.

If you're not using currency, how are you paying for most of your expenses?

6 hours ago, Mzuri said:

I saw this and thought you might find it interesting:

People Are Taking Out Loans Against Their NFTs—And Defaulting 

The Block recently reported on a trader who borrowed 3.5 ETH (around $12,000) on NFTFi, offering an NFT that had last sold for 3.25 ETH. Over the next three months, the value of NFTs from the same collection skyrocketed to around $300,000 on the low end. On October 10, the loan period ended, the borrower failed to repay the loan, and the NFT—now worth many times more than the original loan—was taken. 

It’s just like other loans pay back what you borrow. 

• Like 1

Stop letting PROPAGANDA BRANCHES of racism...otherwise known as the mainstream media....trick you  into investing in these ponzi scheme that are designed to take what little REAL money you do have.

REAL wealth is accumulated through work, ownership, and SAFE investments like real estate and things that are solid and somewhat stable.

These racist White folks get on Fox or CNBC and tell you that stock market is about to crash or the economy is about to collapse any minute...so you better invest in gold NOW...and they get naive or gullible people  to invest in whatever organization they're working.

But the crash they've been predicting for 40 years...hasn't happened.

The dollar that they've been preaching would fall for over 40 years now......hasn't fell.

But some of you are STILL sitting on the couch with an evil grin on your face, rubbing your hands together EXPECTING for the world wide economy to collapse any time now so you can cash in your bit-coins or fake-gold or whatever you were silly enough to invest REAL money in.

Keep listening to these White folks and keep waiting........

Skeleton on couch | Meme Generator

"It was an Earthquake in Japan today!
Yeah....this world economy is going down....it won't be long now!
I'm glad I stocked up and invested in Cyber-kryonics"

23 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

REAL wealth is accumulated through work, ownership, and SAFE investments like real estate and things that are solid and somewhat stable.

@Pioneer1

That is OLD thinking.

Wealth is accumulate through multiple passive income streams.

Get with the program.

3 hours ago, Mzuri said:

That is OLD thinking.

Wealth is accumulate through multiple passive income streams.

Get with the program.

Right now I'm gonna get with YOU and ask you a simple question.........

How many people do you know PERSONALLY  who started off poor or lower class and made over $100,000 investing in crypto-currency , NFT, or those other passive streams?

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

But the crash they've been predicting for 40 years...hasn't happened.

The Great Depression never occurred? 

Stop letting PROPAGANDA BRANCHES of racism...otherwise known as the mainstream media....trick you  into investing in these ponzi scheme that are designed to take what little REAL money you do have.

Why are you so frightened?

Daniel

The Great Depression never occurred? 

I thought it occurred nearly 100 years ago back in the 1930s....but perhaps I was misinformed.
Anyway, what is your point?

Why are you so frightened?

They actually allow YOU to get behind the wheel of a moving vehicle!

image.jpeg.7b6aeeccfca3c62daba8fe40b4f0ef3c.jpeg

"Hey there boy!
Whatcha' know no good....
They JUST gave me my license back.
It's time to git into somethin' "

Right now I'm gonna get with YOU and ask you a simple question.........

How many people do you know PERSONALLY  who started off poor or lower class and made over $100,000 investing in crypto-currency , NFT, or those other passive streams?

@Pioneer1

I don’t post about my income on the forums.  

Nor do I concern myself with other people’s income.

My next door neighbor is a doctor.  I assume that he 

is a millionaire, but am I going to ring his doorbell to 

ask him how much he earns, invests, or what’s in his

bank account?  Of course not, that is crass.

The next house is a regional insurance franchisee. 

I’m pretty sure he’s a millionaire too.  

You need to get out of the mindset of worrying about

whether some other person made $100K and figure

out what you can do to monetize NFTs and/or crypto

for yourself, if that is something that interests you.

And if it doesn’t, then don’t.  

Nobody is trying to force you to do anything.  

Do you.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Mzuri

LOL....has anybody ever told you that you can have one heck of an ATTIDUDE when you want to?

Anyway.....you've answered my question in an indirect way.
Thank you. ;)

I don't have an attitude.

Stop asking me silly questions.

3 hours ago, Mzuri said:

I don't have an attitude.

Stop asking me silly questions.

LOL.....a-ti-TUUUUUDE.....a-ti-tude!

On Sorrowful Whites - BlackHer.us
                "Don't argue with me....
                 argue with the hand."

Many lessons have been learned since the last stock market crash. Economists have implemented moving goal posts,, er. fail safes to insure that it doesn't happen again. That's why they like to play with interest rates and debt ceilings.

Again, former POTUS GWB Jr. called it a house of cards. I agree.  Currency isn't backed by anything nowadays. It's all in the cloud.😁😎

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

The point is crashes occur. You seem to act like they are just a fantasy🫐

1. I didn't say crashes didn't occur and won't occur in the future.
I'm saying YOU'RE BEING LIED TO because the crashes that your Conservative heroes like Hal Lindsey and G. Gordon Liddy have been predicting for nearly 40 years have NOT happened.

They're selling you a crock of shit to get you to buy their 5-karat gold or participate in their other investment schemes.

2. If a crash DOES happen...it won't be by accident.
It will be a CONTROLLED DEMOLITION just like most recessions and depressions are.
Trust that some group at the top has orchestrated it and will benefit from it and all of that fake-gold and crypto-crap you're investing in will do you no good anyway.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

your Conservative heroes like Hal Lindsey and G. Gordon Liddy have been predicting for nearly 40 years have NOT happened.

I met G Gordon Liddy when he came to my campus in the 80’s. He told an amusing tale of the origins of the Colt 45. As for the rest of what he said, I don’t recall. I am not an Idol worshipper. My hero’s as a child were my father and the people in Golden Legacy Comics. 

19 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

a crash DOES happen...it won't be by accident.
It will be a CONTROLLED DEMOLITION just like most recessions and depressions are.
Trust that some group at the top has orchestrated it and will benefit from it and all of that fake-gold and crypto-crap you're investing in will do you no good anyway.

Ignorance is why you are trapped ranting on the internet about things you have no first hand knowledge of. Secondly, America will eventually fall as a nation. The only real problem with crypto currencies is that it needs power to operate. That’s something paper money doesn’t have to worry about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daniellegfny said:

The only real problem with crypto currencies is that it needs power to operate. That’s something paper money doesn’t have to worry about.

@daniellegfny

You can lead a horse to water  .   .   . 

14- and 9-year-old siblings earn over $30,000 a month

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2021 at 8:56 PM, Pioneer1 said:

As long as I can use it to pay for my goods and services, it's real.

Then, by your own definition Cyrptocurrency is real.  @Pioneer1 it is not clear that you no enough about the technology to make such rigid declarations. 

On 10/16/2021 at 9:55 AM, Pioneer1 said:

I used to believe this, until got a job on wall street and really got a glimpse into how wealth is really created through the capital markets. It is like thinking Amazon created wealth by selling books...

2 hours ago, Mzuri said:

14- and 9-year-old siblings earn over $30,000 a month

I find this type of reporting very misleading, as it gives the impression a 9-year-old can mine bit coin, surely anyone can.  Of course they do not relate the entire story... From everything I've read it is no longer practical for an individual to mine bitcoin the competition is just too stiff and the barriers to entry are too high today.  Of course for people like @Pioneer1 (and even myself) this makes the entire space seem overhyped and scammy.

Troy

Well, you're talking to a guy who hasn't made over $60,000 in a year...yet.
So I'm clearly not rich and I don't know much about Wallstreet and investments admittedly.
But I can smell scams a mile away 

When people start trying to sell me on something by saying......

image.jpeg.0f7bb7d8d25a9a2ab25c4e7664747bad.jpeg

"Invest in Bitcoin!
The IRS can't trace it.
The government can't control it
You can do whatever you want to do with it".

That right there raises red flags!
The IRS and government monitors nearly all financial transactions on line whether they ANNOUNCE they're monitoring it or not.
A FOOL sit there thinking they're being slick and sneaky and can actually make millions and hide it on the World Wide Web.

Also when I repeatedly ask people (as I have on here) how much money have YOU made doing "this" or "that", and they either tell me "nothing yet but---" or start getting angry and figidty and don't want to admit they've made little to nothing -that raises MORE red flags.

It's like those Amway pyramid schemes where THEY make money by getting you to invest YOUR REAL MONEY into their schemes

5 minutes ago, Troy said:

I find this type of reporting very misleading, as it gives the impression a 9-year-old can mine bit coin, surely anyone can.  Of course they do not relate the entire story... From everything I've read it is no longer practical for an individual to mine bitcoin the competition is just too stiff and the barriers to entry are too high today.  Of course for people like @Pioneer1 (and even myself) this makes the entire space seem overhyped and scammy.

Hello @Troy

I don't think it's misleading at all.

The article states that the children's father helped them get started and

set things up.  And that he took out a loan to finance this.

It states all the equipment that they are using and that they are also renting  

space for their graphics cards at a data center in Dallas.  

Can somebody with no knowledge and no money start this type of crypto 

mining operation?  Probably not.

But if you can invest a couple thousand dollars, and you are able to parlay 

and reinvest that money back into it, you could get to that level in a few 

months.  

I know nothing about high finance but I do know i don't feel comfortable with all of disposable income being in a bank account.  i don't trust banks.  i also know that checks are becoming obsolete, mostly because younger Millennials can't write in cursive and don't know how to sign their names. I transact business nowadays exclusively with credit cards.  

46 minutes ago, Mzuri said:

I read the article, so why lead with "These 14- and 9-year-old siblings earn over $30,000 a month mining cryptocurrency" or your paraphrasing "14- and 9-year-old siblings earn over $30,000 a month" when it is not really the truth.  You admit the articles says the dad took out a loan (how much money did he borrow), and that they are renting space (how much space how much does it cost?).  Neither of these things is something a 9 and 14 years old can do on their own -- no matter how precocious they appear in the interview.

The truth of the matter is it takes a lot more than a few $3K graphics to mine bitcoin.  You need large scale operation with dedicated computers optimized for mining to make this profitable today -- and they may actually have that, but don't try to tell me that a couple of kids set all this up. 

Look, I know media use click-baity headlines. "...9-year-old siblings earn over $30,000..." to attract eyeballs to serve ads, but all this does is confuse people.  The fact that you came away from the article with the notion that:

1 hour ago, Mzuri said:

...you can invest a couple thousand dollars, and you are able to parlay 

months.  

Makes my point. 

Others see the whole space as Ponzi scheme because the reporting on this subject is so poor. So I'm not surprised that @Pioneer1 would have that impression you really have to dig and do a lot of filter to begin to understand what is going on.

57 minutes ago, Cynique said:

I transact business nowadays exclusively with credit cards.  

Most people do.  Again, I rarely use paper currency, the desire to reduce the number of touch points during the pandemic has only increased this.  The US lags most industrial nations with it comes electronic transactions. 

52 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

There’s nothing wrong with being a celebrity spokesperson.

I guess it depends on the product you are pushing and your tolerance for selling products lacking in, or of dubious value.

46 minutes ago, Mzuri said:

I read the article, so why lead with "These 14- and 9-year-old siblings earn over $30,000 a month mining cryptocurrency" or your paraphrasing "14- and 9-year-old siblings earn over $30,000 a month" when it is not really the truth.  You admit the articles says the dad took out a loan (how much money did he borrow), and that they are renting space (how much space how much does it cost?).  Neither of these things is something a 9 and 14 years old can do on their own -- no matter how precocious they appear in the interview.

The truth of the matter is it takes a lot more than a few $3K graphics to mine bitcoin.  You need large scale operation with dedicated computers optimized for mining to make this profitable today -- and they may actually have that, but don't try to tell me that a couple of kids set all this up. 

Look, I know media use click-baity headlines. "...9-year-old siblings earn over $30,000..." to attract eyeballs to serve ads, but all this does is confuse people.  The fact that you came away from the article with the notion that:

1 hour ago, Mzuri said:

months.  

Makes my point. 

Others see the whole space as Ponzi scheme because the reporting on this subject is so poor. So I'm not surprised that @Pioneer1 would have that impression you really have to dig and do a lot of filter to begin to understand what is going on.

57 minutes ago, Cynique said:

I transact business nowadays exclusively with credit cards.  

Most people do.  Again, I rarely use paper currency, the desire to reduce the number of touch points during the pandemic has only increased this.  The US lags most industrial nations with it comes electronic transactions. 

52 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

I guess it depends on the product you are pushing and your tolerance for selling products lacking in, or of dubious value.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

"Invest in Bitcoin!
The IRS can't trace it.
The government can't control it
You can do whatever you want to do with it".

That right there raises red flags!

I can see what you would feel this way, but if your frame of reference is paper money, the paradigm shift my be difficult to wrap you head around (sort of like the issue of race 😉)    Read Satoshi Nakamoto's white paper, "Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System." It is only and you can review the section on "Privacy" and see why the IRS can't trace it.

• Like 1

Troy

Whether the IRS as a single agency can trace it or not, SOME government agency can.
The FBI..NSA..
They are on the deep net too.

So many Black folks still don't get it.
White folks have a world wide SYSTEM where all of their agencies, economic systems, and even governments are connected.
You think you're escaping one by dealing with another, but both of them are working for the same global network of Racism connected at the top.

There is no crypto-currency or any other global currency that you can hide or conceal from the U.S. government.
The old folks were much smarter to hide their money in their mattress.

Daniel

The man was the mastermind behind Watergate!

He was locked up for years for theft, perjury, and a host of other crimes.
And the Conservatives turn around and embrace the guy???

Using G.Gordon Liddy to sell gold...

Is like using  R.Kelly to promote a private school for girls.

Watch R. Kelly Describe Trips to McDonald's With His Mother - video  Dailymotion

"Girl you know you got that vibe
You need to bring it to my new school!"

43 minutes ago, Troy said:

months. 

Makes my point.

@Troy

They have operating expenses, like every other business.  That does not 

mean they are not making $30,000 a month.

You posted you make $3,000 from AdSense on some days.  Did you factor

in all your operating costs when you made that statement? 

No, because your operating expenses doesn't change what you made from 

AdSense.

I would never question you as to how many days you actually made $3,000,

because it's none of my business, nor are you required to divulge.

Just because I said a couple thousand dollars doesn't make these kids' crypto
mining operation a scam, nor was I misleading.  A couple of thousand is simply 

a figure of speech.  Do you require an exact tally of the initial investment,

because I've calculated all of that. 

The boy started off with an Alienware Gaming Computer, that's between 

$1,700 and $2,600, that and some graphics cards is what he started with.

Graphics cards prices vary.

The article lists most everything he did, the father didn't want to divulge 

the amount of the loan because that is proprietary.  He is not required 

to provide every aspect of his business model.  

So it might actually be an initial investment of $7,000+

Is that better?

I have mined Bitcoin on a small scale.  And even if a person can make $100

a day, it's better than being broke.

That's the way I look at that.

There's other info about this that I cannot post here.

Everything is not a SCAM just because people are skeptical.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Is like using  R.Kelly to promote a private school for girls.

I wasn't there with R. Kelly or G. Gordon Liddy. One of the biggest themes of America is Redemption.

@Mzuri I think I should have been more clear in pointing out that this NFT I'm talking about is my item to be invested in and bought. While you understood that, the Noobs like @Pioneer1 were totally on the wrong track. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

I wasn't there with R. Kelly or G. Gordon Liddy. One of the biggest themes of America is Redemption.

@Mzuri I think I should have been more clear in pointing out that this NFT I'm talking about is my item to be invested in and bought. While you understood that, the Noobs like @Pioneer1 were totally on the wrong track. 

@daniellegfny

Yes, I understood what you were saying with your first post. 

I created several digital artworks but stopped working on them when

I heard that public interest in NFTs had diminished.  Plus that whole

process seemed overwhelming at the time and it discouraged me.

I need to work on a different project this week but I'm going to get

back to my nifties by Thursday.  I plan to upload some artwork to

the Coinbase platform when it becomes available.

Meanwhile, I will educate myself on uploading NFTs to Coinbase

and perhaps one other platform, like OpenSea.  

And I'm compiling a directory of NFT marketplaces and resources.

I will send that to you by Friday, you might find it useful.

I apologize for going off topic about the crypto business.  I thought

that I was adding something informative to the conversation but it

didn't seem to do any good.

Stay safe!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mzuri said:

They have operating expenses, like every other business.  That does not 

mean they are not making $30,000 a month.

Then we are operating on different definitions of the word earn. If your operating expenses exceed your revenue then you have earned nothing which was not what the article said.

You obviously have a strong opinion in favor of the article and feel the need to defend it. I feel I’m a bit more objective regarding it and I’m just trying to explain why some people will look at it as hype.

Even the language are used to defend it is not exactly encouraging; “A couple of thousand is simply a figure of speech.”  What did that mean? or “So it might actually be an initial investment of $7,000+” Really? That is a stretch based upon what was in the article.

The video you shared made my point regarding the effort to really profit from bitcoin mining. 

17 hours ago, Mzuri said:

I have mined Bitcoin on a small scale.  And even if a person can make $100

So, you are saying that one can make $100 (daily?) bitcoin? 

2 hours ago, Mzuri said:

I apologize for going off topic about the crypto business.  I thought

that I was adding something informative to the conversation but it

didn't seem to do any good.

I know this comment was directed to @daniellegfny, But I think it was directly related.

I mentioned in my opening statement in this conversation that I am getting into the NFT space. I’m even considering creating a marketplace for Black creators. My biggest concern is the black consumer.

@daniellegfny Is an early adopter I am not sure how much demand it will be for his NFT and it will not sell itself, so he will need to promote the NFT — which he doing as we all now know about it. I think it is an interesting experiment and it won’t cost him too much to test out the waters.

I was involved in the Internet since it’s inception selling books on this newfangled thing called the World Wide Web Black people were afraid to enter their credit card information on the web to buy anything. Of course all that is different today but I recall the black community lagging behind in the space. When we finally caught we up supported the larger white owned and corporate sites, and as a result today Black ownership is severely lacking on the WWW today.

As I said at the beginning of this conversation I think cryptocurrency is the future and my concern here is that we will fall behind fail to adapt to technology and run businesses for fear of scams.

It would be the 21st century equivalent of storing your money under your mattress.

5 hours ago, Troy said:

Then we are operating on different definitions of the word earn. If your operating expenses exceed your revenue then you have earned nothing which was not what the article said.

You obviously have a strong opinion in favor of the article and feel the need to defend it. I feel I’m a bit more objective regarding it and I’m just trying to explain why some people will look at it as hype.

Even the language are used to defend it is not exactly encouraging; “

A couple of thousand is simply a figure of speech.”  What did that mean? or “ So it might actually be an initial investment of $7,000+” Really? That is a stretch based upon what was in the article.

The video you shared made my point regarding the effort to really profit from bitcoin mining. 

So, you are saying that one can make $100 (daily?) bitcoin? 

I know this comment was directed to @daniellegfny, But I think it was directly related.

I mentioned in my opening statement in this conversation that I am getting into the NFT space. I’m even considering creating a marketplace for Black creators. My biggest concern is the black consumer.

@daniellegfny Is an early adopter I am not sure how much demand it will be for his NFT and it will not sell itself, so he will need to promote the NFT — which he doing as we all now know about it. I think it is an interesting experiment and it won’t cost him too much to test out the waters.

I was involved in the Internet since it’s inception selling books on this newfangled thing called the World Wide Web Black people were afraid to enter their credit card information on the web to buy anything. Of course all that is different today but I recall the black community lagging behind in the space. When we finally caught we up supported the larger white owned and corporate sites, and as a result today Black ownership is severely lacking on the WWW today.

As I said at the beginning of this conversation I think cryptocurrency is the future and my concern here is that we will fall behind fail to adapt to technology and run businesses for fear of scams.

It would be the 21st century equivalent of storing your money under your mattress.

@Troy

I don't feel the need to defend that article, there were articles about

these children in Fortune and several other legitimate publications.

Crypto Kids

If their story is fake, then they have fooled a lot of people.

I just don't understand why you are questioning me about it. 

I'm not trying to recruit anybody into anything.

I was researching passive income methods for a project and came

across their story on the Google News site. 

After reading it a couple of times, I considered mining crypto again

and made initial calculations based on the equipment the kid said

he started with.  I could get started with around $7K and would

reinvest my earnings although my plan is more involved. 

I have had profitable days mining crypto, I started five years ago

running my computer, my Husband's computer, a spare computer

and a laptop, 24 hours a day.  

I also got lucky when Bitcoin was first introduced, I got some 

while Bitcoin people were doing giveaways on another forum.

You are correct about NFTs needing to be promoted, I am going

to hire someone to promote me since I'm not good at that at all.

Troy

Scam or no scam....as long as Black people are satisfied with being PARTICIPANTS in other people's economies instead of building a sound economy of our own (like the Asians) we're gonna be behind.

Haven't you heard that you can't win playing ANOTHER man's game?

White folks control Crypto-currency like they control the OTHER currency. And as long as we keep trying to fight for a spot in THEIR crap game, they're gonna continue to have the upper hand.

We need to get our own game going.

@Troy

I did not mention that some of the various crypto coins are

mined differently.  

There are some that do not consume as much energy, they

use different CPU/GPU setups that are much easier and

cheaper than the setup of Bitcoin or Eth mining operations.  

Someone who is just starting out mining crypto does not

need to expend so much effort and funds, but they need 

to work at researching the available options.

17 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

....as long as Black people are satisfied with being PARTICIPANTS in other people's economies instead of building a sound economy of our own (like the Asians) we're gonna be behind.

Haven't you heard that you can't win playing ANOTHER man's game? 

Absolutely.

As I mentioned in another thread, AfroAmericans need to learn how to become producers instead of wallowing in being  employees and the ultimate consumer.

I believe that here in America, Asians make 90% of their money from AfroAmerican consumers buying their food, dry cleaning, beauty supply products and services (hair and nails), etc.

When I was a youngin, AfroAmericans owned everything in my community.  In the late 1980s, I saw the handwriting on the wall.  AfroAmericans cashed out and Asians showed up. It's been that way for three decades now and counting.

AfroAmericans need to figure out what other folks need from us and that we can produce for ourselves and own it.  That is the beginning of building your own economy.😎

• Thanks 1