My 1st NFT

5 minutes ago, ProfD said:

AfroAmericans need to figure out what other folks need from us and that we can produce for ourselves and own it.  That is the beginning of building your own economy.😎

************************************************************************************

@ProfD and @Pioneer1

The two of you commiserating about how Black people need to build our

own economy, produce our own products, and be self-sustaining is great.

But in the meantime, we need to work with what we got.

Pioneer’s rants sound like this - I am not going to buy a car until Black

people start a Black car manufacturing operation.  

And it is laughable to me.

Especially when we all know that Black people aren’t producing much of 

anything besides maybe some hair care products.  

And W T F does whitey want from us???  You will be figuring for a long 

time to answer that elusive question.

Why don’t you work the system and stop complaining about everything.

Because right now you guys are a drag.

image.gif.b05fef28d3e6760b4f9376c41adcdba5.gif

************************************************************************************

19 minutes ago, Mzuri said:

@ProfD and @Pioneer1

The two of you commiserating about how Black people need to build our

own economy, produce our own products, and be self-sustaining is great.

But in the meantime, we need to work with what we got.

Especially when we all know that Black people aren’t producing much of 

anything besides maybe some hair care products.  

And W T F does whitey want from us???  You will be figuring for a long 

time to answer that elusive question.

Because right now you guys are a drag.

Mzuri, 1st and foremost, if anything i write comes across as complaining, this will be my last post on this forum.  Definitely not my intention to drag it down.

Working with what we got doesn't seems to be working as it relates to uplifting AfroAmericans. 

In other threads, I've mentioned banks, radio and TV stations and other things in terms of self-sufficiency that we do not have in abundance already.  There's no reason that we don't.

"And W T F does whitey want from us???  You will be figuring for a long time to answer that elusive question."

It's not hard to see.  Turn on your computer, TV or radio.  Entertainment.  Sports.  Music.  Fashion.  Beauty.  

Black folks are participating in all of these activities.  White folks are  making plenty money in the process. Black folks don't own any of it.

The NFL is a multibillion dollar business.  Over 70% of the players are black.  Yet, there are no black team owners.

That's just a sampling of the bigger issue.   But yeah, I'll fall back if it reads like I'm commiserating and complaining. 😎

ProfD

When I was a youngin, AfroAmericans owned everything in my community.  In the late 1980s, I saw the handwriting on the wall.  AfroAmericans cashed out and Asians showed up. It's been that way for three decades now and counting.

It appears that the same economic gentrification took place in Black communities around the same time all over the nation.

I remember back in the 70s MOST of the businesses in the Black neighborhoods of Detroit were owned by Black people.
You had some major outlets like a McDonalds or Kroger or Sears that were White owned national chains, but most of the small businesses like resturants, dry cleaners, funeral homes, barbershops, ects...even the gas stations...were owned by us.

Right around the late 70s I started going to the gas stations and grocery stores for chips and candy and saw light-skinned dudes with hair arms and hair pushing out of their chests speaking a foreign language and counting money.
They owned just one or two stores and gas stations.

Hmmmm.......🤔

Then as time went by I started seeing more and more of them owning the stores and gas stations...then the restaurants and supermarkets.

These were the Middle Easterners who...like the Koreans in other Black communities...were being brought into the Black communities of Detroit to supplant the Black businesses.

Mzuri

And W T F does whitey want from us???  

Maybe he wants YOU to stop calling him "whitey"...lol.

Ok, then why don't YOU learn to work with the Biden Administration and work the system under his presidency instead of complaining about him so much?

18 hours ago, Mzuri said:

If their story is fake, then they have fooled a lot of people.

@Mzuri I never said the article was "fake." I wrote the article was misleading and that tends to confuse people, because clearly two little kids do not have the wherewithal to  profit from mining cryptocurrency.  This is a important distinction, perhaps nuisance distinction that I'm apparently unable to explain.

17 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

as long as Black people are satisfied with being PARTICIPANTS in other people's economies instead of building a sound economy of our own (like the Asians) we're gonna be behind.

Did you read the white paper.  No one group controls the the block chain which crypto rides on.  That is one of the advantages of it -- just like the internet.  Again what concerns me, are we going to fail to establish our own businesses or are we going to use white owned businesses.

3 hours ago, Mzuri said:

There are some that do not consume as much energy, they

use different CPU/GPU setups that are much easier and

cheaper than the setup of Bitcoin or Eth mining operations.  

I know, but that was not what the article you shared discussed.  But if you are speaking in general are you saying that you or I can make $100 (a day month) mining some other crypto currency today?

13 minutes ago, ProfD said:

Mzuri, 1st and foremost, if anything i write comes across as complaining, this will be my last post on this forum.  

Wait, what?!  I know you must be joking LOL!

I'm all about ownership.  CNN, Fortune and the others can write disingenuous articles with click-baity titles to sell ads, but trust me the owners of these publications are positioning themselves to benefit from the crypto currently.  We (Black folk) can not let this discourage us from understanding the technology for, like the Internet, we will all be let out in the cold.

It is a fact that Black men provide most of the talent in the NFL, but despite some high profile wages, they share a paltry portion of the wealth.  Don't even get me started on the athletes who spent their entire youth working toward making the NFL, entertain, mostly white folk and not even getting a college degree...

Call it complaining the fact of the matter is we could develop our own league, but we will not because collectively we have been trained -- brainwashed -- to into be workers not owners.

We also have been trained to believe that the white man's ice is colder, which may be true, because they get all of our support, and we serve at their largess...

14 minutes ago, Troy said:

@Mzuri I never said the article was "fake." I wrote the article was misleading and that tends to confuse people, because clearly two little kids do not have the wherewithal to  profit from mining cryptocurrency.  This is a important distinction, perhaps nuisance distinction that I'm apparently unable to explain.

I know, but that was not what the article you shared discussed.  But if you are speaking in general are you saying that you or I can make $100 (a day month) mining some other crypto currency today?

@Troy

I know this is your forum and I would certainly never want to disrespect you 

but it’s just a link.  If I could have predicted your scrutiny I would have posted 

something different, or nothing at all.

A lot of things are misleading. That’s why people need to discern whether 

something will work for them or not.

And how many times are you going to ask me if a person could make $100

per day mining crypto!  If they get the necessary hardware, software, cables,

and accessories, the answer would be YES.  But I cannot make any income 

claims/guarantees because that is illegal, isn’t it.  

1 hour ago, Troy said:

Wait, what?!  I know you must be joking LOL!

...we could develop our own league, but we will not because collectively we have been trained -- brainwashed -- to into be workers not owners.

We also have been trained to believe that the white man's ice is colder, which may be true, because they get all of our support, and we serve at their largess...

Troy,  I have no desire to be a drag on this very fine forum. If anything I write seems to be negative or out of line, let me know. 

You've captured it in the quote above regarding why black folks are content with sharecropping on the plantation that is America instead of owning it. 😎

ProfD

if anything i write comes across as complaining, this will be my last post on this forum.  

I wouldn't want you to leave because you agree with me more than anyone else on here, LOL

You seem to be more considerate than me in that regard.
If I pissed off too many people....unless Troy banned me altogether, I'd just run off to one of the other dozen of so forums he has on this site and take up residence, lol.

If you're looking for Pioneer he's in the Slam Poetry Forum....lol.

I've been on this site for nearly a decade and do you realize that I haven't visit or participated even 1/3 of the forums?

There are all kinds of neighborhoods I haven't been through yet.
Entire subdivisions that I didn't even know existed around here.

I see Mel Hopkins @Mel Hopkins  has something going on in a couple of the forums where she's providing information.

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

see Mel Hopkins @Mel Hopkins  has something going on in a couple of the forums where she's providing inform

Yep! I did a deep dive and wrote an article on Bitcoin and cryptocurrency for EBONY magazine (2018)

I’m sure I linked to the original bitcoin white paper.

Also you must report every cryptocurrency trade when you file income taxes.  

Aside: The weird part is cryptocurrency volatility. It can be a loss or a gain by the time you file. So that serves up some type of conundrum. 

But anyway, you must report. It’s now law.  

Even if you have a wallet and key,  The Bitcoin  ledger or any cryptocurrency ledger still keeps a record of transactions. So, if officials wanted to do some digging there’s a record. 

Speaking of which, the true value of bitcoin is its tamper-proof blockchain.  Which brings us mining.  Some reports indicate it cost about 9 years worth of household electricity  to mine bitcoin.

The thing is we don’t produce our own electricity - so I can only imagine that Con Ed officials will report what’s going on at that “wild house” at the corner of the block.

Also, there’s a limit to how many bitcoins will be mined - (read the white paper) Somebody is going to be left holding a crazy-a electricity bill and equipment with no way to pay for it.  Yes, conjecture but it only makes sense. 

Mel

Aside: The weird part is cryptocurrency volatility. It can be a loss or a gain by the time you file. So that serves up some type of conundrum. 

But anyway, you must report. It’s now law.  

Absolutely.
It's like a stock or commodity and the value goes up and down on an almost daily basis.
So you need a PROFESSIONAL just to do your taxes accurately when you're including any wealth accumulated from crypto-currency

If a person investing in all of that mess makes certain mistakes, they're liable to be hit with fraud charges.

I've said over and over again that it's a SCAM....a GAME....really a TRAP.

The word "crypto" is the right term because a person can end up in a financial and legal CRYPT if they make the wrong moves:

image.jpeg.f2904fb51b923e3cea651056a463c857.jpeg

7 hours ago, Mzuri said:

I know this is your forum and I would certainly never want to disrespect you 

but it’s just a link.  If I could have predicted your scrutiny I would have posted 

Actually, it is our forum. Pioneer foots the bill (though he would probably never admit it) and I manage it. But it is pointless without participants and readers, both of which have increased due in part to YOUR participation. 

Heavens to Betsy, Mzuri, why do you care so much about my picking apart the article? I’m glad you posted it. I think it was great fodder for discussion.

7 hours ago, Mzuri said:

And how many times are you going to ask me if a person could make $100

until you answered the question which you did finally,

6 hours ago, ProfD said:

If anything I write seems to be negative or out of line, let me know. 

Please don’t hold your tongue on my account. Feel free to say what ever you want — often what is written here i disagree with or don’t know enough about (or care enough) to have a strong  opinion one way or the other. What interests me is the ideas — even the ones i disagree with.  I also enjoy the humor and learning new things. I enjoy the fellowship.

I also enjoy being more honest… the time shifting allows me to express ideas more clearly that i might be able to on the spot. I’m also not constrained by visual cues that might make me hold my tongue in the real world. 

3 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

really? i did not know that until now. So who  actually does it? How can the IRS  enforce this?

So, if officials wanted to do some digging there’s a record. 

yes the record is public, but the transaction are anonymous. One could also transfer between alt  currencies and really complicate tracking.

Somebody is going to be left holding a crazy-a electricity bill and equipment with no way to pay for it.

the reward gets halved every 4 years but the value, if it continues to increase will continue to make business sense for the biggest players. They will be Ming going long after we are gone…

please share the link to the article @Mel Hopkins I’m glad Jet was covering the subject in 2018.

@Pioneer1 you are going off the deep end you only pay taxes when you realize a gain and depending on how long your hold the coin and what your income is you can minimize our eliminate tax liability.  Is your money really stuffed inside a mattress?

Mzuri

Actually, it is our forum. Pioneer foots the bill (though he would probably never admit it) and I manage it. But it is pointless without participants and readers, both of which have increased due in part to YOUR participation. 

Troy is right.
I WOULDN'T admit to it, because I don't, lol.

I don't come CLOSE to paying for any of this.

He's being excessively honorific because of the few dollars I've donated from time to time over the years.

He should know it's really an attempt to APPEASE any guilt I  had over not actually purchasing products from a site dedicated to promoting Black literature...lol

Since I spend so much time running my mouth on here I figured I better show SOME appreciation.

Speaking of which....I think I'll start a thread about it.

https://aalbc.com/tc/topic/7674-aalbc-endowment/

Troy

Please don’t hold your tongue on my account. Feel free to say what ever you want —

What if she wants to promote shopping Am*zon?
Lol...would that be welcomed?

@Pioneer1 you are going off the deep end you only pay taxes when you realize a gain and depending on how long your hold the coin and what your income is you can minimize our eliminate tax liability.  Is your money really stuffed inside a mattress?

🤐 Shhhhhh!!!!!!!

British people keep stash of cash hidden under their beds | Personal  Finance | Finance | Express.co.uk

LOL

28 minutes ago, Troy said:

the reward gets halved every 4 years but the value, if it continues to increase will continue to make business sense for the biggest players. They will be Ming going long after we are gone…

the limit is 21 million bitcoin in circulation - when that number is reached there is no more reward. The incentive shifts. There are reports that incentives could come from other avenues such as transactions fees Read the white paper.  I linked to the Bitcoin founder’s paper here on the site.  

NOTE: Not to be confused with trading value - I am talking about mining. 

31 minutes ago, Troy said:

es the record is public, but the transaction are anonymous. One could also transfer between alt  currencies and really complicate tracking.

The FBI just recently caught a ransomware gang because every transaction is PUBLIC - I think you mean the bitcoin owner is anonymous - But that doesn’t mean much when the IRS and FBI can determine who got paid.  

The blockchain—bitcoin’s historical ledger of all transactions—is publicly viewable at all times by anyone, so that there can’t be any under-the-table cash transactions. Software firms such as Chainalysis and Elliptic have supported federal investigators with a suite of analysis tools intended to help trace criminals and tax cheats, including those who try to obscure the bitcoin trail through dozens of successive transactions.”. WSJ “Untraceable Bitcoin Is a Myth”

How could the FBI recover $2.3 million of the pipeline ransom? It isn’t a mystery.

By Ezra Galston June 16, 2021 12:27 pm ET

44 minutes ago, Troy said:

Actually, it is our forum. 

What interests me is the ideas — even the ones i disagree with.  I also enjoy the humor and learning new things. I enjoy the fellowship.

Cool beans. We may not solve a single gotd8mn problem but it doesn't hurt to discuss and get riled up or laugh in the process.😁😎

1 hour ago, Troy said:

really? i did not know that until now. So who  actually does it? How can the IRS  enforce this?

Troy, I’m extremely curious about new technology - I pitched the crypto story to EBONY/ JET.  I’m not sure it was on their radar - but I found a way to make it easy to understand.  And they commissioned it.  https://melhopkinssite.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/coin-collector-by-mel-hopkins.pdf

Here’s  some info from the IRS

Virtual currency that has an equivalent value in real currency, or that acts as a substitute for real currency, is referred to as “convertible” virtual currency. Bitcoin is one example of a convertible virtual currency. Bitcoin can be digitally traded between users and can be purchased for, or exchanged into, U.S. dollars, Euros, and other real or virtual currencies.  

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/virtual-currencies

I earned about $30 in cryptocurrency just by taking short 5

-10 minute classes in the selected “coins.” I just checked and found I have about $20 worth of crypto-classes waiting in my account.

These founders really want others to be educated crypto-collectors. 

Edited by Mel Hopkins
added link to EBONY article

ProfD

It's also a matter of MUTUAL respect too.
Something a lot of people in general don't have or even have a sense of.

I admit I do talk about Caucasians and racism a lot, but I can't help myself on that one...lol.
But when it comes to REALLY controversial subjects like the jab or trans issues,  I try not to speak on them too much out of respect for the site so as not to get it flagged.

I'm sure you've dealt with social media and how on some channels ANY mention of those subjects....outside of positive support....will get you blocked/banned.

4 hours ago, Troy said:

Actually, it is our forum.

Heavens to Betsy, Mzuri, why do you care so much about my picking apart the article? 

until you answered the question which you did finally,

@Troy

This is not  “Our” forum.  That’s a cute reply, though.

I care about you picking apart the article because you are blaming 

me, with an accusatory tone, and questioning me as though you 

think I’m riffraff. 

Do you know how many of my questions you have glossed over, over 

the years?  I’m going to start ignoring your questions and we’ll see 

how you like it. 

Have. A.  Nice.  Day. ❤️ 

image.gif.b05fef28d3e6760b4f9376c41adcdba5.gif

• 2 weeks later...

@daniellegfny

I saw this article and thought you might find it interesting.

It is about NFTs.

From Reuters:

Crypto to CHRISTIE'S: How digital king made fortune