ProfD next installment

@ProfDi never heard your last selection before. Surprising choice for somebody who couldn't get into the exquisite 4 part harmony of the Four Freshmen. 😉 In the spirit of diversity i will give a nod to My Latino Amigos. 

3 hours ago, Cynique said:

@ProfDi never heard your last selection before. Surprising choice for somebody who couldn't get into the exquisite 4 part harmony of the Four Freshmen. 😉 In the spirit of diversity i will give a nod to My Latino Amigos.

It's not that I couldn't get into the Four Freshmen. I've just been spoiled by the harmony in Soul music. 😁😎

Since I cannot start a thread, I'll keep using others...😁

Hair...Synthetic or Real or Magic Marker

Around these parts there is no shortage of beauty supply stores. Of course, most of them are not owned by black folks.

From cute to ridiculous, my sistas seem to have a deeper appreciation for showing off fake hair or human hair that once belonged to someone else in the form of a lace front or weave. 

image.png.50d9bd39d91930a4f160c7eed7f7faf7.png

image.png.f8700c4c242114bbd8baf23800c9b394.png

Brothas aren't exempt. They're wearing toupees or using a shoe polish like substance to fill in the hair that's either gray or missing from their head and face. 

image.png.6a5d262ad2f1dc63625e743a30e008d6.pngimage.png.3d22c1e2286c1a88a0ea9a2d72cc062d.png

Seems black folks took more pride in their natural look once upon a time.

Just wondering why they're spending so much time and money trying to look pseudo-European or searching for the fountain of youth. 😁😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProfD said:

t's not that I couldn't get into the Four Freshmen. I've just been spoiled by the harmony in Soul music. 😁

Another song I don't ever remember hearing before.  But I love "Didn't I blow your mind this time?" by the Delphonics

30 minutes ago, ProfD said:

Since I cannot start a thread, I'll keep using others...😁

That's what i had in mind when i started a new thread.  Have at it.  

27 minutes ago, Cynique said:

Another song I don't ever remember hearing before.  But I love "Didn't I blow your mind this time?" by the Delphonics

That's what i had in mind when i started a new thread.  Have at it.  

Cynique, thanks again for starting another canvas thread on my behalf.

Check out the harmony and orchestration on this cut:

Another one of my favorite vocal groups. 😎

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cynique said:

@ProfD  I see you kind of lean toward DooWop. There were a lot of those groups around during the 50s

Nope.  As a musician, I listen to a little bit of everything.  My music collection is eclectic.  I'm just pulling tracks off the surface.  Again, I can do this all day across multiple genres. 😎

• Like 1

Haitian Gang Kidnaps for Ransom

Killing the President was a semi-professional hit considering the perpetrators were caught less than 26 minutes later.

So, I don't know whose  bright idea it was to kidnap 17 people and demand a $17M ransom on an island.

Needless to type, the FBI is on the case. This will not end well for the crash dummies in charge of this kidnapping. 

I just find it incredulous that these folks would try  such a crime  against an adversary with sophisticated technological resources.

They have to know that from outer space, US intelligence is capable of identifying the brand of a smoked cigarette laying in the bushes.

Being able to see every nook and cranny of an island is child's play. I predict this situation will be over in about 96 hours. 😎

Lenny White's drum solo is killin'. 

However, when Lenny put on that outfit, I hope he didn't think or believe he was killin' the game fashion-wise.  Then, he's wearing a head condom, er, bonnet. 

These must be his grand chillun walking around in public wearing PJs, bonnets and Crocs. 😁😎

4 hours ago, ProfD said:

Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun.

A terrible accident/tragedy that doesn't happen too often. Reads like someone mixed up guns on the set. Safety first.😎

Or it might have been a set up.

As dangerous as weapons are....to actually KILL someone with one means the right amount of damage in the right spots.
The chances of that happening by "accident" are pretty small.
They exist.....
People are accidently shot to death every day.
But compared to those who are merely WOUNDED by a neglegent discharge....it's minimal.

I'm not not saying Alec himself may have intended it.
But perhaps someone who's job it was to ensure that it was using blanks instead of live ammo, maybe.

@ProfDWell, now that you've settled into the flow, what do you think of the cast of characters on this board? I'm sure you've bonded with some and have your favorites and are maybe even a little surprised that we are not all one big happy family who march in lock step.  I'm wouldn't be surprised if you were somewhat disillusioned with me. And, i must say that, I was a little disappointed in the salacious advice you gave to young men on the "Unsolicited Advice" thread, especially since you ordinarily deplore disrespectful behavior on their part.   I didn't get what TV show inspired your malicious sexist, ageist, degrading ridicule of black women.  But, apparently nobody else had a problem with this because they all thought it was funny.  Anyhow, as you may be concluding this site is just a microcosm of TWITTER; a cross section of people from all walks of life drawing on experiences filtered through their personal approaches to the world. The atmosphere here did clear up for a minute but it has pretty much returned to being an echo chamber for black grievances. So be it.   See ya on YouTube. Maybe.  😁

@ProfDWell, now that you've settled into the flow, what do you think of the cast of characters on this board? I'm sure you've bonded with some and have your favorites and are maybe even a little surprised that we are not all one big happy family who march in lock step.  I'm wouldn't be surprised if you were somewhat disillusioned with me. And, i must say that, I was a little disappointed in the salacious advice you gave to young men on the "Unsolicited Advice" thread, especially since you ordinarily deplore disrespectful behavior on their part.   I didn't get what TV show inspired your malicious sexist, ageist, degrading ridicule of black women.  But, apparently nobody else had a problem with this because they all thought it was funny.  Anyhow, as you may be concluding this site is just a microcosm of TWITTER; a cross section of people from all walks of life drawing on experiences filtered through their personal approaches to the world. The atmosphere here did clear up for a minute but it has pretty much returned to being an echo chamber for black grievances. So be it.   See ya on YouTube. Maybe.  😁

When was all of this????

54 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

When was all of this????

"if I may tell young fellas overflowing with testosterone how they should interpret this PSA:

Hunt thirsty well beyond menopause cougars. Buy a pair of rose colored glasses to make them look vivacious and a tub of K-Y Jelly to make them more pliable.

If you're really lucky, she'll love to f8ck and cook and may have a few coins too.

Do not spend the night as you may not appreciate how she smells and  prepares for bed and/or how she looks in the morning when she awakes."

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Cynique said:

"if I may tell young fellas overflowing with testosterone how they should interpret this PSA:

Hunt thirsty well beyond menopause cougars. Buy a pair of rose colored glasses to make them look vivacious and a tub of K-Y Jelly to make them more pliable.

If you're really lucky, she'll love to f8ck and cook and may have a few coins too.

Do not spend the night as you may not appreciate how she smells and  prepares for bed and/or how she looks in the morning when she awakes. "

************************************************************************************

I must agree with @Cynique that was a little

harsh.

If a negro showed up at my door with a TUB of

K-Y Jelly, I would slam the door in his face.

And who spends the night anymore.  

Negroes want to spend the night and get served

breakfast in bed. 

Not at my house, when I'm through, you can go.

************************************************************************************

@ProfDWell, now that you've settled into the flow, what do you think of the cast of characters on this board? I'm sure you've bonded with some and have your favorites and are maybe even a little surprised that we are not all one big happy family who march in lock step.  I'm wouldn't be surprised if you were somewhat disillusioned with me. And, i must say that, I was a little disappointed in the salacious advice you gave to young men on the "Unsolicited Advice" thread, especially since you ordinarily deplore disrespectful behavior on their part.   I didn't get what TV show inspired your malicious sexist, ageist, degrading ridicule of black women.  But, apparently nobody else had a problem with this because they all thought it was funny. 

@Cynique, I appreciate the cast of characters on the board and respect everyone's contribution and point of view. I do not have any favorites. 

@Cyniqueand @Mzuri, I realize my joke in the "unsolicited advice" might not have been funny to everyone. I guess no amount of emojis reflect humor and/or the attempt. Duly noted.

Bear with me as I continue learning the boundaries of the discussions here. I will be more mindful of the commentary I provide as well. 😎

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ProfD said:

Bear with me as I continue learning the boundaries of the discussions here. I will be more mindful of the commentary I provide as well. 😎

@ProfD

It’s not that serious.

I have seen all sorts of inappropriate topics discussed on here but

that was back in the day before Cynique was an octogenarian and 

she had a better sense of humor.  

I guess when you talk trash about old people she takes it personal 

and holds a grudge for five days until she gets around to addressing 

it, or maybe she just forgot.

She might just be playing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, THAT???

That didn't seem misogynistic or like it was ridiculing Black women to me?
He didn't even mention the term "Black woman" so I'm not sure how it turned into an attack on the sistaz.

But I'm not an older Black woman so I guess I'm not in a position to judge it one way or the other.

I thought it was funny because much of it is true.

A lot of women over 50 DO go to bed with "stinking stuff" on them to keep themselves together....lol
I remember the "cold cream" days and the "Black-n-White Oitnment" days..lol.

I like older women...even when I was younger I did....so I didn't take it too seriously anyway.

Cynique

Like Mzuri said, if you found it offensive why didn't you say something earlier?

Why wait NOW and put the brother on front street over it?

Mzuri

Negroes want to spend the night and get served
breakfast in bed. 

Not at my house, when I'm through, you can go.

Ohhh...when YOU'RE through..huh..?
Who care if the MAN is satisfied....lol

Anyway......

The Pioneer of 30 years ago would have said.....MY KIND OF LADY, lol.
Slip on my shoes and be out the door.
However the Pioneer after 2000 wants to wake up the next morning TWICE:
-Once to roll over and find something soft laying next to him...and then go back to sleep
-And wake up again to the smell of something FRYING in the kitchen, lol

2,298 Old Black Woman Cooking Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images  - iStock

"I bet he's got a nice BIG appetite.....
After what I put on him last night!"

• Haha 1

@Mzuri& @Pioneer1Talk about 2 busybodies! The last time i checked, ProfD was a grown man, intelligent and capable of speaking for himself, without Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum running interference for him, framing your trumped up scenarios, as usual, and cross examining me like i owe you an explanation.  This is a dialogue between me and him and when he is ready to speak for himself, it will begin.  Just because you 2 have to prop each other up doesn't mean he can't stand on his own 2 feet.  If he doesn't feel the need to justify himself, that's fine. Sometimes a word to the wise is sufficient, - so that leaves you  2 stooges out. Now go somewhere and play pattie cake.   

@Mzuri& @Pioneer1Talk about 2 busybodies! The last time i checked, ProfD was a grown man, intelligent and capable of speaking for himself, without Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum running interference for him, framing your trumped up scenarios, as usual, and cross examining me like i owe you an explanation.  This is a dialogue between me and him and when he is ready to speak for himself, it will begin.  Just because you 2 have to prop each other up doesn't mean he can't stand on his own 2 feet.  If he doesn't feel the need to justify himself, that's fine. Sometimes a word to the wise is sufficient, - so that leaves you  2 stooges out. Now go somewhere and play pattie cake.   

🙄...She must have put my name in there by accident.  Because I KNOW she ain't talking to ME like that, lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mzuri said:

I guess when you talk trash about old people she takes it personal 

and holds a grudge for five days until she gets around to addressing 

it, or maybe she just forgot.

You have turned into my worst nightmare.  A female version of pioneer.  You've never met a situation that you didn't immediately supply  your own explanation for. "Sly" is the word that comes to mind when i assess you.  Oh, and  i cant forget "patronizing".  Babble on.

18 minutes ago, Cynique said:

@Mzuri& @Pioneer1Talk about 2 busybodies! The last time i checked, ProfD was a grown man, intelligent and capable of speaking for himself, without Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum 

Listen Up CatLady

The only busybody around here is YOU!

If you want to have a private conversation with whoever, that is what 

PM, emails, and phones are for.

I will partake in any forum discussion I choose.  And I don’t speak for

@Pioneer1 but he probably feels the same. 

picgifs-cats-961366.gif

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Cynique said:

The last time i checked, ProfD was a grown man, intelligent and capable of speaking for himself...

This is a dialogue between me and him and when he is ready to speak for himself, it will begin.  Just because you 2 have to prop each other up doesn't mean he can't stand on his own 2 feet.  If he doesn't feel the need to justify himself, that's fine.

@Cynique, thanks for the compliment.😁

I've already addressed the post of concern.  While I'm not disrespectful of my sistas and brothas, I reserve the right to clown them. Of course, the joke won't be funny to everyone. Nonetheless, a sense of humor is good for the soul. 😎

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ProfD said:

I appreciate the cast of characters on the board and respect everyone's contribution and point of view. I do not have any favorites. 

@Cyniqueand @Mzuri, I realize my joke in the "unsolicited advice" might not have been funny to everyone. I guess no amount of emojis reflect humor and/or the attempt. Duly noted.

Bear with me as I continue learning the boundaries of the discussions here. I will be more mindful of the commentary I provide as wel

I never even saw this response until now. It got lost in shuffle. i was so busy bickering with Mzuri and Pioneer and wading through their convoluted formats  that i missed it.  OK. It's all good.  

2 hours ago, ProfD said:

@Cynique, thanks for the compliment.😁

I've already addressed the post of concern.  While I'm not disrespectful of my sistas and brothas, I reserve the right to clown them. Of course, the joke won't be funny to everyone. Nonetheless, a sense of humor is good for the soul. 😎

Right. And in the true spirit of dissing I might add, with a grin on my face, that any young men who took your advice would have to be musty, funky, wacked scrubs themselves who couldn't attract anything but a hard up old broad.  😁

10 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Ohhh...when YOU'RE through..huh..?
Who care if the MAN is satisfied....lol

Anyway......

The Pioneer of 30 years ago would have said.....MY KIND OF LADY, lol.
Slip on my shoes and be out the door.
However the Pioneer after 2000 wants to wake up the next morning TWICE:
-Once to roll over and find something soft laying next to him...and then go back to sleep
-And wake up again to the smell of something FRYING in the kitchen, lol

@Pioneer1

As usual, you keep me in stitches with your

comments and replies.  

And you always keep it real.

Of course I care if my man is satisfied, but the point

I was trying to make is that some men seem to think

we want them to spend the night and hang around,

when we might prefer that they leave before they

get too cozy.

If I made you dinner it does not mean that I want to

get back in the kitchen to fry up some breakfast in

the morning.  I may have something else to do.

Maybe I just wanted to get my groove on.

I think it all depends on a number of factors

and it does not mean that you are not welcome, 

sometimes we have other things going on, and 

that is why communication is so important.

image.gif.b05fef28d3e6760b4f9376c41adcdba5.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cynique said:

I never even saw this response until now. It got lost in shuffle. i was so busy bickering with Mzuri and Pioneer and wading through their convoluted formats  that i missed it.  OK. It's all good.  

No Cynique, 

You were busy bickering with your own self.

Nothing got lost in the shuffle.  You were so anxious

to hurl your insults against me and @Pioneer1 

that you did not bother to READ.  

As your punishment for being so inconsiderate to

others, you will write

“I WILL NOT BE A BITTER BICKERING BUSYBODY”

on the blackboard 100 times, and after that you will

go and stand in your corner of shame until Pioneer

lets you come out.  

2 hours ago, Mzuri said:

No Cynique, 

You were busy bickering with your own self.

Nothing got lost in the shuffle.  You were so anxious

to hurl your insults against me and @Pioneer1 

that you did not bother to READ.  

As your punishment for being so inconsiderate to

others, you will write

“I WILL NOT BE A BITTER BICKERING BUSYBODY”

on the blackboard 100 times, and after that you will

lets you come out.  

...sly, condescending - manipulative; the list grows.   Girl, bye.  (Do me a favor, Pioneer.  Give Mzuri the finger 🖕🏽 for me. We'll both appreciate it.)

On 10/22/2021 at 3:47 PM, ProfD said:

grand chillun walking around in public wearing PJs, bonnets and Crocs

…. or those furry house shoes.

Ohh that is so “low class” the airport looks like a grey hound bus station. I remember when people dressed up to get on a plane. Today some  dress like they are going to bed.

Mzuri

and after that you will
lets you come out.  

:rolleyes: Sheeeyit
If she's waiting for ME to let her out the corner......

20 Skeleton In A Forgotten Room Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free  Images - iStock

She'll be waiting a MIGHTY long time, lol.

ProfD

I'm totally enjoying the comedy brewing in this thread

Lol...Cynique ain't joking...not totally.

Troy

I remember when people dressed up to get on a plane.

I remember when people used to dress up or dress their children up to go to the doctor's office or go to the hospital to visit a sick loved one.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I remember when people dressed up to get on a plane.

I remember when people used to dress up or dress their children up to go to the doctor's office or go to the hospital to visit a sick loved one.

It's become more casual now but I think the black church is the final frontier where black folks still dress to impress.

However, I see some brothas wearing suits that look too small and too tight. Also, they must be modeling socks because the pants stop above their ankles.😁

Some of our sistas  aren't fashionistas either. I blame Rainbow or the equivalent store selling cheap azz clothes. They'll buy a size too small which makes a fitted dress look like a sausage casing. 😁

I guess the wack fashion sense I see sticks out like a sore thumb because I love to dress and stay fly. 

So, I just shake my head especially when I see folks close to my age who clearly should know better.😎

ProfD

However, I see some brothas wearing suits that look too small and too tight. Also, they must be modeling socks because the pants stop above their ankles

Some of that is because  AfroAmerican men aren't "made" today like they were back in the day.
Back before 1980 most AfroAmerican men were slim and muscular so their clothes fitted on them well. 
Much better than Caucasians men.
Most of us were engaged in more manual labor jobs so we burnt off most of that excess fat and had strong muscles.

But today so many young unemployed bruthaz are fat and sloppy with big bellies flopping out of their shirts and a big bouncy ass like a woman's...their clothes don't fit on them right.
Running from the police....their belly bouncing in ONE direction and ass bouncing in ANOTHER.

So many of these young dudes have titties from eating so much garbage and smoking so much fake weed messing up their hormones too.

On top of that.....
They hear that "sagging" is disrespectful and thuggish so they try to do the opposite and start FLOODING with pants almost all the way up to their knees looking like Steve Urkel...lol
Just confusion on top of confusion.

**WARNING:  Sexist, classist, commentary and visuals ahead...lol

They'll buy a size too small which makes a fitted dress look like a sausage casing

Man you're ABSOLUTELY right about that one.

It's mostly a poor woman's thing because I see so many Black, Latino, and White women dressing this way too when they live in poverty.

They walk around in these cheap ass stretch pants with runs and holes in them.  
Ass flat, bulging, or funny made like a square sponge.

Pin on Things that made me laugh

You don't see rich and middle class women dressing like that.
If they have on tights or yoga pants...they make sure they are MADE right to look good in them before going outside.

Older women yoga Stock Photos & Royalty-Free Images | Depositphotos

When was the last time you saw and old wealthy woman walking outside with her belly hanging out from under her shirt?

They MAKE SURE they got it together.

So many poor young women are "funny made" from eating all of that garbage they get off the dollar menu.

It seems like a lot of these younger women under 40 have no sense of "shame" either.
They don't care how their body is made or how they look...someone told them they should be able to wear anything and get respect and admiration.

20 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

They don't care how their body is made or how they look...someone told them they should be able to wear anything and get respect and admiration.

@Pioneer1, yeah, regardless of race or gender, I call funny built folks BMWs (Body Made Wrong). 😁

i remember when it was a sport to make fun of people who wore high-water pants and ill-fitting clothes. Overweight folks caught the blues.

Of course, nowadays it is politically incorrect to shame folks for the way they look and/or dress.  

With that pass, folks are running  around out in these streets looking a hot mess. 😎

24 minutes ago, Cynique said:

I know I'm in the minority but I can do without the shaggy or bushy beards black men are  now sporting.  

It's his fault:

image.png.6bb4a0c6e88aa16630100b9cd65cbe45.png

Inspired a bunch of n8gglets to look like they're from the Middle East or North Africa. 😁😎

• Haha 1

Cynique

I know I'm in the minority but I can do without the shaggy or bushy beards black men are  now sporting.  

But who ASKED you?

Father Scolding His Daughter Pointing Finger Silhouette Vector Stock  Illustration - Download Image Now - iStock

"BACK to your corner!"

Lol.....
I didn't give you permission to come dangling out yet!

ProfD

Inspired a bunch of n8gglets to look like they're from the Middle East or North Africa.

Nicca looks like an ancient Zulu chief with a big belly and gold chains around his neck.
All he needs is a harem of topless women laying around him.

386 Zulu Beads Stock Photos and Images - 123RF

....minus the big breastesesess Rick has, lol.

• Haha 1