African-American is disparaging if Black People

In my mailbox today.  I don't see how calling yourself a "New Afrikan" describes and describes you as a citizen of both the Republic of New Afrika and the United States of America.

Anywho, here is the original email:

---------------

The term African-American is disparaging if Black People use it to indicate they are citizens of the United States. Citizens of the United States are called Americans; a hyphen indicates you are not all the way there. Over the years people have used a lot of terms that did not properly represent who We are. African American is as much one of them as Afro-American, Negro and Colored.

Recognizing yourself as a New Afrikan universally eliminates the element of inequality that terms like African-American carry. Recognizing yourself as a New Afrikan makes you a whole dual citizen of both the Republic of New Afrika (“New Afrikan”) and the United States of America (“American”).

Visit my website at www.asetbooks.com and my youtube channel at https://youtube.com/channel/UC7fEkUP01ViblCH1W6XkGTA for more of what We need to be aware of.

We are Black People, We are New Afrikans. We are not dark-skinned white people. We need a nation of Our own.

Mba Mbulu

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Troy said:

In my mailbox today.  I don't see how calling yourself a "New Afrikan" describes and describes you as a citizen of both the Republic of New Afrika and the United States of America.

Yeah, that author is on his head as far as I'm concerned. 😁

I have always been and forever will be fine with Black, African-American or AfroAmerican when describing black folks born in the US.

Warts and all, America (US) is our  home country.  We just need to fix the raggedy parts of it. 😎

• Like 1

This is what I call "Negro Logic"
Distorted half-backed thinking that not only doesn't consider all the factors of a situation but doesn't even make solid common sense.

Thinking that  merely changing your name or playing around with words is enough to get your freedom and respect is an example of "Negro Logic".

Or what Tariq Nasheed calls  "Prison Babble"
A bunch of niccaz sitting up in a jail house with nothing better to do that to kick ideas around to eachother and argue them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troy said:

************************************************************************************

@Troy

Is your delete key broken?

I clicked on that video link and noticed this Republic of New Afrika's videos 

have been watched something like 25 times, so it clearly hasn't caught fire.

And BTW, we have a nation of our own already.  It's called Liberia.

Some of these Negroes give me a headache.  

image.gif.b05fef28d3e6760b4f9376c41adcdba5.gif

************************************************************************************

I can trace my ancestry in this country back 3 generations and that's good enough for me. i feel no great kinship for Africa.  What has it done for me lately?  Although i  don't refer to myself as being a person of color, I wouldn't care if somebody called me that.  I think of myself as a hybrid whose ancestry, like that of most of America's slave descendants, includes black, white, and Native American blood lines. Yes I had an Indian grandmother, and a grandfather who was the son of his white slave master and a black woman. So what else is new? 

There are always folks around assuming self-appointed roles as arbitrators of who's what.  I am what I declare myself to be and that includes being a nigga when i feel like it.  I'm so tired of this crazy-assed world.  Del, were are you, babe??  Find me a good time line to get the hell outta here. 🤪

1 minute ago, Cynique said:

i feel no great kinship for Africa.  What has it done for me lately? 

Same here.  I have the great fortune of being around Africans enough to know better. 

Being a natural comedian, whenever they (Africans) try to complain about AfroAmericans, I have several questions:

1) why did you leave your country and come to America

2) why didn't Africans come back to pick up our ancestors when the cruise ship got stranded

3) why did Africans sell each other into slavery

4) why are African countries practicing greed and corruption

5) why are people poor and/or starving in Africa with its abundance of resources

6) why do Africans mix and match Polo, FUBU, Phat Farm, Enyce and RocaWear

7) Why are Africans afraid to put lotion on their heels

African n8gglets are no different from AfroAmerican n8gglets especially when it comes to believing the white man's ice is colder. 😎

• Haha 1

I actually get along pretty good with most Africans.

But I admit that I kind of go out of my way TO get along with them.
If I find out a person is from Africa or the Caribbean I'll go out of my way to introduce myself and get to know them and I'll teach them about the U.S. and the history of Black people in the U.S...and also tell them something about their culture and nation.
Most Africans aren't used to Black Americans having knowledge about THEIR particular nation or tribal group.

I know there has been a lot of talk of tension between Africans and AfroAmericans, but I think much of it is do to cultural misunderstandings and our LACK of a culture of our own.
Let me explain..........

All immigrants who come to the U.S. have their own culture.
There own ways of doing things, marrying, language, diet, ect.......
As AfroAmericans....we don't. 
We generally have only 2 ways of doing things:   

1. The White way
2. The MODIFIED White way.  Which is the White way with a little style or flair added to it to make it unique.
This is true with dress, music, diets, family structure, ect..

We don't really have a culture of our own as AfroAmericans.
We have a SUB-culture, which is really just a modified form of White American culture...which itself is a modified form of British culture.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I know there has been a lot of talk of tension between Africans and AfroAmericans, but I think much of it is do to cultural misunderstandings and our LACK of a culture of our own.

Sure.  I clear up any misunderstanding they may have through dlalog, food, drinks, laughter and music.  It's easy to see that we're not much different.😁

Non-AfroAmerican black folks do have cultural ties that bind them.  I think that's great for all groups of people who have it.

But, in my dealings with non-AfroAmerican black folks, I find that many of them have been poisoned into thinking and believing the worst of Afro-Americans based white imagery and narratives of us.  Of course, AfroAmericans don't help ourselves based on the sh8t folks get to see on TV.

While it has been co-opted from our colonizers, I do believe AfroAmericans do have a cultural tie that binds us as well.  AfroAmericans have a flavor and ways of doing things that we instinctively accept among ourselves. But, the most important tie to me is our black skin regardless of shade. 

Otherwise, I get along with people in general regardless of where they come from because in my mind we're all human beings first and foremost.  Living by the golden rule serves me well too.

Beyond that, I'm still calling balls and strikes as I see them regardless of race/ethnicity/culture. There's still work to be done in dismantling the system of racism. 😎

• Like 1

ProfD

What really pulls me in are those African women...lol.

With the exception of Liberia, most African women regardless of the nation they come from are so sensual and sexual by nature that just sitting NEXT to them makes me want to get on it.

As a kid I wouldn't even look at an African girl because of the brainwashing.
But as I grew up and got older I started just paying more attention to the feminine way so many African women carried themselves and how they maintained their shape and curves....that ALONE is enough for us to bridge our differences.

If I had the resources and connections I'd start a dating/marriage service between Africans and AfroAmericans.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

What really pulls me in are those African women...lol.

If I had the resources and connections I'd start a dating/marriage service between Africans and AfroAmericans.

That's a tall order because African women have been brainwashed the most especially as it relates to AfroAmerican men.

Without divulging too much info over the internet, because there are Africans in my family,  I'll just write that I've got a window seat into that whole situation. 

The funny thing is if *I* ever decide to go to Africa, it's already set up that they'll roll out the red carpet for a brotha. I just have no desire to make the trip. 😎

ProfD

It's true that many Africans are hooked on "White Jesus" and see Caucasians are their saviors.
They are steeped in religion too.
When it comes to being heavily religious with that blue-eyed Jesus on the wall, many seem to be where we were back in 1900s

I'll tell you what always worked for me to break the ice with Africans was showing them how much I knew about their particular nation or ethnic group.
That usually impresses most people from foreign countries because most of them don't think Americans know ANYTHING about where they come from, especially a Black American.
I find out where an African sister is from and drop a little knowledge on her about her own culture, who colonized her country, ect....next thing you know she's sitting next to me grinning away, lol.

I actually Africans have a lot to teach us about family, certain morals, and certain behaviors that we lost 50 years ago being in too close proximity with Caucasians.
We both have a lot to teach eachother.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

ProfD

It's true that many Africans are hooked on "White Jesus" and see Caucasians are their saviors.
They are steeped in religion too.
When it comes to being heavily religious with that blue-eyed Jesus on the wall, many seem to be where we were back in 1900s

I'll tell you what always worked for me to break the ice with Africans was showing them how much I knew about their particular nation or ethnic group.
That usually impresses most people from foreign countries because most of them don't think Americans know ANYTHING about where they come from, especially a Black American.
I find out where an African sister is from and drop a little knowledge on her about her own culture, who colonized her country, ect....next thing you know she's sitting next to me grinning away, lol.

I actually Africans have a lot to teach us about family, certain morals, and certain behaviors that we lost 50 years ago being in too close proximity with Caucasians.
We both have a lot to teach eachother.

Yeah, that's part of the problem i have with Africans and black foreigners in general.  They have a whole country and culture that they left to come here.  But, they want to tell us AfroAmericans all about the morals, customs and values back home while they're sucking on the white man's ice.

Again, when I press these n8gglets on why they left such a beautiful place to come to this raggedy spot, well, it ain't all that sweet over there depending on your tribe and  politics.

So, my game is different when it comes to meeting people in general but especially women.  I purposefully never try to impress them with anything.  In fact, I'd rather for folks to see me as a regular, big, black, bald headed n8gga from the hood.  Kick it with me  based on the laws of mutual attraction.  Then, through regular conversation, I proceed to mind f8ck them with my knowledge, skills, abilities, talent, accomplishments, etc.  It's an aphrodisiac that has served me well all my life. 😎

ProfD

I think it also depends on the TYPE of Africans you meet.

If you're in the D.C. area, then most of the Africans you meet are probably from Somalia, Ethiopia, and Ereatria.

They tend to be more anti-Black American than West Africans from say Nigeria, Ghana, and Senegal.

Many of them consider themselves more Arab than African, especially with their Islamic background.

Many East Africans have a history of enslaving other Africans FOR the Arabs.

4 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

I think it also depends on the TYPE of Africans you meet.

If you're in the D.C. area, then most of the Africans you meet are probably from Somalia, Ethiopia, and Ereatria.

They tend to be more anti-Black American than West Africans from say Nigeria, Ghana, and Senegal.

Further up, I wrote that there are Africans in my family.  They are from the West.  It's not that they're anti-black.  They've just been poisoned with ignorance from sucking on that colder ice.  😁😎