Less Phenotypical Conspicious Black/White Interracial Marriages

Depending on what part of the country you live in, interracial marriage can still be a very controversial issue.

Although most people of all ethnic groups tend to stay within their race, there are those who still take issue with the matter.

But some black/white marriages stand out more than others. For example, a very dark skinned black person who is with a blond, blue eyed pale skinned white person is going to draw the most fire from both the white and black communities (especially if it's a black man with a white woman).  On the other hand, a racially ambiguous, white passing black with a Mediterranean white would be less noticeable because their  are less physical distinctions between the two of them.

The Mediterranean branch of the Caucasian race consists of  Arabs, southern Italians, southern Spaniards, many Greeks, black English, black Irish, many Indians, and even some Russians.

They are called Mediterranean because they live along the Mediterranean Sea.

They have olive colored to light brown skin, dark eyes, and dark hair.

A Mediterranean person  does not  look as "pure white" as say a  northern European pale skinned, redheaded Celt or a blond, pink-skinned Scandinavian, but that is a matter of anthropological dispute.

Many mixed racially ambiguous black people(since mixed people are considered black under the one drop rule) have similar features to Mediterranean white people.  Many light skinned African Americans who have attempted to pass as white did so by saying they were of Spanish or Italian descent.  Have you ever noticed how much Megan Markle looks so much like she could be a Kardashian. Even though former President Barak Obama married Michelle, he could have easily married an Egyptian, Palestinian, or Moroccan woman(especially since he has a Muslim surname anyway). Many Egyptians look just like Barak Obama.  But, he would have not become the first black president if he did. When Lena Horne auditioned for MGM studio back in the 1940's, Louis B Mayer wanted to pass her off as something other than black maybe Latin or Mediterranean. He felt she was too light skinned and too good  to play black. 

There may even be more similarities between near white black biracials and Mediterraneans than just physical.   Please understand that I am not an Afrocentric who is trying to "one drop" other racial groups. According to anthropologist Sir Harry H  Johnston, there is a very ancient Negroid admixture  going back many thousands of  years in many individuals of Mediterranean descent. Also biologist Thomas Huxley(father of Brave New World author Aldous Huxley) referred to them as the Melanochroi(dark white) race and thought that they were a hybrid race between the Xanthochroic(fair whites) and the Australoid race. In addition to darker skin tones,  some of them have big round eyes and fuller lips which could point to underlying Negroid/Australoid ancestry. Also East African Hamites(Ethiopians and Somalis), people we would think of as black, are also considered to be a branch of the Mediterranean "white" race.

The women in both categories are considered exotic for their race. In the black community, women like Mariah Carey, Zendaya, Amber Rose, and Rashida Jones are referred to as "redbones" and "exxoticals."  In the white community, women like Kim Kardashian, Melissa Rycroft, Sophia Loren(in her day), and the late Natalie Wood are considered exotic.

Of course, on average, most Mediterraneans are still whiter looking than ambiguous mulattoes; but, there still is not that great of a phenotypical difference where it would really stand out in interracial marriage.

Here is Kim Kardashian and Chris Humphreys.

FP_8060733_Kardashian_Kim_RIA_09_40.jpg

40 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Hmmm..........

Now what exactly is a "black English"  or  "black Irish" and how are they branches of the Caucasian race?

Singer Laura Izibor was born in Ireland to a Nigerian father and Irish mother:

image.thumb.png.a6b1d3b257050184f65e0f7c7948f3ef.png

She classifies herself as a black Irish person. 😎

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Hmmm..........

Now what exactly is a "black English"  or  "black Irish" and how are they branches of the Caucasian race?

2 hours ago, ProfD said:

Singer Laura Izibor was born in Ireland to a Nigerian father and Irish mother:

She classifies herself as a black Irish person. 😎

She can identify herself however she wishes but a Black Irish 

is a type of white Irish person, not one of Negroid descent.

Who were the Black Irish, and what is their story?

• Thanks 1

Mzuri

I figured that MIGHT be what Anonymous50 might have been getting at with the "black Irish" term, but I'm still not sure.

Perhaps she can make it a little more clear.

Did you know that the ORIGINAL people of Ireland were small Black folks...very small....and that's where the legend of the Leprachauns come from?

• Like 1

I figured that MIGHT be what Anonymous50 might have been getting at with the "black Irish" term, but I'm still not sure.

Perhaps she can make it a little more clear.

Did you know that the ORIGINAL people of Ireland were small Black folks...very small....and that's where the legend of the Leprachauns come from?

Yes, Mzuri was right.

That is what I meant by black Irish.

There ancient ancestors were the Silures who are ;thought to originally come from Spain.

They were physically characterized as a short  Caucasian people having swarthy skin and curly hair, similar to Arabs.

The Silures were the  original people who were present in what is now Great Britain at the time the Romans invaded.

This was before the redheaded pale skinned Celts and Germanic peoples came.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 7:09 PM, anonymous50 said:

Many light skinned African Americans who have attempted to pass as white did so by saying they were of Spanish or Italian descent

What?!

On 10/26/2021 at 7:09 PM, anonymous50 said:

According to anthropologist Sir Harry H  Johnston, there is a very ancient Negroid admixture  going back many thousands of  years in many individuals of Mediterranean descent.

Oh brother, so now we are referencing to some guy, a colonizer, from the early 19th century... 

Once you start mixing nationality with geography in the context of the artificial concept of race the topic becomes so sloppy as to be nonsensical. But it is an open forum.

A-50

Yes, Mzuri was right.
That is what I meant by black Irish.
There ancient ancestors were the Silures who are ;thought to originally come from Spain.
They were physically characterized as a short  Caucasian people having swarthy skin and curly hair, similar to Arabs.
The Silures were the  original people who were present in what is now Great Britain at the time the Romans invaded.
This was before the redheaded pale skinned Celts and Germanic peoples came.

Yeah, I figured that.
Some White people are so race-conscious and obsessed with keeping their lines "pure" that they'll label ANYONE with known Black ancestry as "Black" whether they actually are or not.

These ancient Silures...have you seen any actual paintings or carvings or other ancient images of them?

Troy

Once you start mixing nationality with geography in the context of the artificial concept of race the topic becomes so sloppy as to be nonsensical. But it is an open forum.

Not to me.

It's all as clear as a bell to me.
I can separate race, from ethnicity, from nationality, from geographical boundaries.

Troy

Not everyone has an analytical mind.

You must have the ability to categorize things into groups and recognize when they overlap eachother.

I know some people who call all Asian people "Chinese".

The concept of various nationalities INSIDE the Asian race is beyond their comprehension....let alone the various ethnic groups that exist INSIDE those nationalities.