Intelligent Young Brother

Yessir.  It's great to see young cats like King Randall putting in that work. He's the face and voice younger folks need to hear especially when their  parents are dysfunctional.

Big up to Kwame Brown too.  The NBA tried to ridicule and trash that brotha.  He quietly took it on the chin and made his money like real G.  Then, a couple thirsty n8gglets came for Kwame and what did they do but awaken a giant who they thought was asleep. I didn't know Kwame was keeping tabs on life to that degree.

Kwame Brown has been putting simple, stupid azz n8gglets on blast ever since they tried to come for him.  He tried to told them, I ain't the n8gglet to f8ck with but since you did...azz whuppin.

Here again is the reason for my eternal optimism.  There are young, intelligent black folks who are putting in work to uplift and empower our people.  They just don't get as much shine as an athlete or entertainer.  😎

• Thanks 1

I've not heard if either of them but it was so refreshing to hear!

I could tell you some stories! 

He is so right. They need to be taken out if that environment.  

I don't even know where to begin on this subject... Years back as a new teacher in an inner school district they threw me 'what they thought was a failure' in every sense if the word. That was a uppity school but was changed to accommodate lower income Blacks. The white people were furious and because i was new i did not know. So i had a classroom full of black boys that scored low. It was rough because i didn't get any support. However by the end of the year...SURPRISE... 

Early in the morning the principals as usual are called by local news to give exam results. I did my usual got out of my car walked to my classroom prepared to unlock door and was greeted by principal, a Black man. I thought nothing of it. Then I kept getting strange greetings all morning, teachers peeking in my door to say hi... I was like--What in the hell is going on? I was given a bad review earlier and felt so abandoned. But I knew 'my stuff'! I used my own money for xerox paper, dissection frog order, earthworm order, etc. Finally my team lead came to my door and announced team meeting for lunch to review our student scores...

• Like 1

I hated certain teachers on my team. The other science teacher was a long time tenured White man and he did mot help me at all but whatever... I passed my nationsl teachers exam with above average scores so i did my own 'thing'... I had to teach 2 subjects as new teacher. So i walked in and sat diwn in back of other team teachers. Quietly they handed me a printout of our student's math end of year exam scores... 1=fail 2=low 3=average 4=highest above average.

My mouth dropped open---can this be true!!! My eyes enlarged. I slowly looked up and all of them were staring at me! OMG! All of my Black boys scored 4s with only abt three that scored 3s.  I had 2 math classes with a Spanish male an Indian male a Jewish male and about 6 girls out of abiut 60 students--- YEAH

It was the first year that svhool made Governors Report Card score RECOGNITION. Governor Mike Easley because of my students. So I love this thread!

• Thanks 2

ProfD

Kwame Brown is manhood on two feet.
Intelligence, masculinity, a shining example of it.

And both him AND King Randall advocate the teaching of skilled trades and other skills to Black boys.

King Randall also advocates SEPARATE schools for boys and girls...something I also advocate.

Chev

Congradulations on your success.

Black children can learn EASILY when they have a good and dedicated teacher who can speak their language and is willing to teach them.

This is why during Segregation Black kids usually got a BETTER education than they're getting now.
The schools may have had inferior books and facilities...but the teachers were SUPERIOR and could relate to the students much better because they cared about them.

Black kids who are motivated can learn MUCH faster and MUCH more than White kids.
Asian kids are just an EXAMPLE of how much easier children of color can out perform White kids.

• Like 1