Biden Considers Awarding $450K Per Person to Families Separated at the Border

************************************************************************************

Why would you pay illegal aliens anything while we have

U.S. citizens that need all the help they can get.

This President is the WORST.

Biden Considering Awarding $450K Per Person to Families Separated at the Border

image.gif.b05fef28d3e6760b4f9376c41adcdba5.gif

************************************************************************************

• Like 1

It's not enough to spend MILLIONS if not BILLIONS of dollars flying racist sexist Afgans to the United States and putting them up in houses and giving them spending money to assault U.S. citizens .
Now he's want to give MORE money away to non-Black immigrants to sweeten the deals he's already made.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

It's not enough to spend MILLIONS if not BILLIONS of dollars flying racist sexist Afgans to the United States and putting them up in houses and giving them spending money to assault U.S. citizens .
Now he's want to give MORE money away to non-Black immigrants to sweeten the deals he's already made.

Right.  Ties back to the picture you posted of n8gglets sitting around skinning and grinning with the former POTUS. 

YARN | Where's my money, motherfucker? | CB4 (1993) | Video gifs by quotes  | b01101a8 | 紗

Instead of photo-ops with politicians, AfroAmerican leaders should be all business when it comes to getting reparations.😎

• Like 1

Y'all should read the article the dailymail used as a source for it's own article.  Does it share you opinion at all (I assume noone actually read the DailyMail's article)

I don't normally lift entire articles from other sites.  Hopefully the WSJ will understand and won't sue me...

U.S. in Talks to Pay Hundreds of Millions to Families Separated at Border

Government is considering payments of $450,000 per person affected by Trump administration’s zero-tolerance policy in 2018

By  and Sadie Gurman

WASHINGTON—The Biden administration is in talks to offer immigrant families that were separated during the Trump administration around $450,000 a person in compensation, according to people familiar with the matter, as several agencies work to resolve lawsuits filed on behalf of parents and children who say the government subjected them to lasting psychological trauma.

The U.S. Departments of Justice, Homeland Security, and Health and Human Services are considering payments that could amount to close to $1 million a family, though the final numbers could shift, the people familiar with the matter said. Most of the families that crossed the border illegally from Mexico to seek asylum in the U.S. included one parent and one child, the people said. Many families would likely get smaller payouts, depending on their circumstances, the people said.

The American Civil Liberties Union, which represents families in one of the lawsuits, has identified about 5,500 children separated at the border over the course of the Trump administration, citing figures provided to it by the government. The number of families eligible under the potential settlement is expected to be smaller, the people said, as government officials aren’t sure how many will come forward. Around 940 claims have so far been filed by the families, the people said.

The total potential payout could be $1 billion or more.

As part of a so-called zero-tolerance enforcement policy, immigration agents separated thousands of children, ranging from infants to teenagers, from their parents at the southern border in 2018 after they had crossed illegally from Mexico to seek asylum in the U.S. In some cases families were forcefully broken up with no provisions to track and later reunite them, government investigations found. The lawsuits allege some of the children suffered from a range of ailments, including heat exhaustion and malnutrition, and were kept in freezing cold rooms and provided little medical attention.

Many of the lawsuits describe lasting mental-health problems for the children from the trauma of the months without their parents in harsh conditions, including anxiety, a fear of strangers and nightmares. The lawsuits seek a range of payouts, with the average demand being roughly $3.4 million per family, some of the people said.

In recent months, lawyers for the families and the government have told courts overseeing the cases that they are engaged in settlement negotiations and hoped to reach a deal by the end of November.

“President Biden has agreed that the family separation policy is a historic moral stain on our nation that must be fully remedied,” said Lee Gelernt, deputy director of the ACLU’s immigrant-rights project and a lead negotiator on one of the lawsuits. “That remedy must include not only meaningful monetary compensation, but a pathway to remain in the country.”

In his first weeks in office, Mr. Biden pledged to reunite the separated families, describing those actions undertaken by the Trump administration a “moral and national shame.”

A DHS spokeswoman referred questions to the Justice Department, where a spokeswoman declined to comment. The Department of Health and Human Services didn’t respond to a request for comment.

Some Republicans criticized the potential payments on Thursday afternoon after The Wall Street Journal reported on them. “The Biden administration’s promises of citizenship and entitlement programs have already caused the worst border crisis in history—a huge cash reward will make it even worse,” Sen. Tom Cotton of Arkansas said.

The discussions about the payouts have taken place over the past few months among a group of dozens of private lawyers representing the families and government lawyers. Some government lawyers have viewed the payouts as excessive for people who had violated the law by crossing the border, the people said. One government lawyer threatened to remove his name from the case out of disagreement with the potential settlement offer, the people said.

In another instance, a Department of Homeland Security attorney involved in the settlement talks complained on a conference call that the payouts could amount to more than some families of 9/11 victims received, one person said. Other people said senior departmental officials were in alignment on the amount and disputed the 9/11 comparison, given that the U.S. government hadn’t been responsible for the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. The 9/11 victim compensation fund averaged awards to the dead of around $2 million, tax-free, at the time an unprecedented payout, the administrator of the fund has said.

Trying to take the cases to trial would be unpredictable, with juries potentially awarding larger sums to the families, legal experts said. “Damage class actions in this kind of case are pretty rare, it’s hard to think of a recent comparison,” said Margo Schlanger, who ran the civil-rights office during the Obama administration at the Department of Homeland Security and now teaches at the University of Michigan law school. Ms. Schlanger said class-action compensation claims are more common in cases involving defective medical devices or other consumer products.

“It is a complicated, complex piece of litigation” to try to resolve hundreds of different lawsuits at the same time, and “sometimes even more complex to try the cases,” Ms. Schlanger said, adding that it made sense to try to resolve them together.

The Trump administration in May 2018 implemented a zero-tolerance approach, in which agents apprehended everyone crossing the border illegally, including those seeking asylum. That practice meant that children accompanying those adults were separated from their parents and put on a separate administrative track. The overall goal, the Trump administration said at the time, was to slow the number of people crossing the border illegally, but several of those officials have since apologized for the consequences of that policy.

Immigration law gives children greater legal protections than adults, so while the adults’ asylum cases could be dismissed quickly, allowing them to be deported, children mostly remained in the U.S. in child-welfare shelters or living with relatives. The Trump administration also hadn’t built a system to track which children belong to which parents before beginning to separate them.

A January report from the Justice Department’s inspector general faulted senior Trump Justice Department officials for knowing the policy change would result in families being separated, but pressing ahead without preparing for it.

President Trump ended the policy through an executive order on June 20, 2018, following bipartisan blowback and global condemnation.

Many of the families filed tort claims, a type of civil claim seeking damages for loss or harm, asking for compensation to cover mental-health treatment to address the emotional and psychological toll the practice took. Some of the cases were resolved under the Trump administration. In a 2019 settlement in New Jersey, for example, an adult and a minor received a total of $125,000.

Most such cases remained pending at the start of the Biden administration. When Mr. Biden became president, he formed a task force to reunite the families that remained separated.

Settlement talks are also ongoing in a separate lawsuit, known as Ms. L V. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, in which the ACLU has asked the government to provide families with mental-health and other services, along with a permanent legal status.

Apart from talks over damages, the administration has already begun a process of locating deported parents and reuniting them with their children in the U.S. The administration has reunited 52 families and is in the process of reuniting about 200 more. The families are being given a three-year grant of parole, a form of temporary humanitarian protection that allows them to live and work legally in the U.S. but doesn’t offer them a path to permanent legal status.

Write to Michelle Hackman at michelle.hackman+1@wsj.com, Aruna Viswanatha at Aruna.Viswanatha@wsj.com and Sadie Gurman at sadie.gurman@wsj.com

Copyright ©2021 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8

Appeared in the October 29, 2021, print edition as 'U.S. Is in Talks to Pay Families Split at Border.'

10 minutes ago, Troy said:

Y'all should read the article the dailymail used as a source for it's own article.  Does it share you opinion at all (I assume noone actually read the DailyMail's article)

Yessir.  I always read the articles and/or fact check information before I go on a tangent.  That's why I wrote to even consider...

I realize it is not a done deal. I don't even like the idea of it.😁😎

38 minutes ago, Troy said:

Yes, I read the article.

How about the government compensate me for the 

PTSD I have suffered from all these border jumpers 

breaking the law and entering this country illegally.  

IMO, these people are entitled to NOTHING.

• Like 1

Why, don't y'all "...even like the idea of it," or feel "...these people are entitled to NOTHING?"

Is you lack of sympathy for the parents who were separated from their children for years, because they illegally crossed the board, because they are Mexican, because Black folks have not been compensated for the hell America has rained us, or something else?

18 minutes ago, Troy said:

Why, don't y'all "...even like the idea of it," or feel "...these people are entitled to NOTHING?"

Is you lack of sympathy for the parents who were separated from their children for years, because they illegally crossed the board, because they are Mexican, because Black folks have not been compensated for the hell America has rained us, or something else?

it's not a lack of sympathy.  I just don't understand how they're going to consider paying someone else when there's an unpaid bill that they refuse to even acknowledge.😎

18 minutes ago, Troy said:

Yeah, what else is new? 

Should this mean that anyone the U.S. has ever wronged should never be compensated until reparations are paid to the American descendants of enslaved Africans?

No. The real question is why is the US quick to pay everyone else it has wronged except the ADOS. 

I have a table reservation.  I'll have broiled shrimp stuffed with crabmeat, a loaded baked potato and broccoli.  Hold the compassion and empathy.   I'd like a pitcher of your finest Haterade. 😁😎

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Cynique said:

s it true that America is now just printing money at will and for its convenience, - currency that is not backed up by coin.  Is Fort Knox still full of gold bars and does any of this matter??

America's currency has not been back by a commodity for sometime now --think Tricky Dick took us completely off.  It is back by our word.  Yes they are printing money with reckless abandon.  I don't really understand how this can persist unabated.  There is not enough gold on the Earth to back the money out there -- we haven't even printed enough currency to reflect the "money" out there. 

20 minutes ago, ProfD said:

No. The real question is why is the US quick to pay everyone else it has wronged except the ADOS. 

Actually that is a completely different question.  Why conflate the two?  Why deny the families that have been wrong today because the US owes ADOS.  

Should Native American's be given back the land American's took before we are compensated?

Dealing with the Mexicans is what we call "low hanging fruit." We can knock this one out and compensate these Mexican in their life times and continue to deal with Reparations it is not like the money we are giving them will make a dent in what they owe us.  

Again this assumes of course that you feel these people are entitled to compensation which it does not seems like anyone does.

7 minutes ago, Troy said:

Actually that is a completely different question.  Why conflate the two?  Why deny the families that have been wrong today because the US owes ADOS.  

Should Native American's be given back the land American's took before we are compensated?

Dealing with the Mexicans is what we call "low hanging fruit." We can knock this one out and compensate these Mexican in their life times and continue to deal with Reparations it is not like the money we are giving them will make a dent in what they owe us.  

Again this assumes of course that you feel these people are entitled to compensation which it does not seems like anyone does.

I don't see it as conflation in the case of handing out checks. 

The US should be able to walk and chew gum at the same time or juggle several balls in the air.  They're already doing it on several fronts anyway..

Let's see....if I break into someone's house and get shot in the process but manage to live, should I be able to sue the homeowner for my pain and suffering.😁

I'm not saying the illegal immigrants should not come home, er, here.  Just pointing out that trespassers usually don't have rights.

D8mn right, the Native Americans should be given back the land that was taken from them and/or compensated (reparations) whichever they prefer.  I'm willing to stand  in the check cashing line behind them. 😎

2 hours ago, Cynique said:

Is Fort Knox still full of gold bars and does any of this matter??

Fort Knox still has the gold but Nixon ended our 

currency being backed by that gold and now it

is backed by the FULL FAITH AND TRUST of

the U.S. Government.

The gold at Fort Knox probably is not enough 

to cover the value of all the currency that is in

circulation anyway.  

All this printing of worthless money is another

reason that I am concerned about our debt to

China.

I am also worried that our economy could 

collapse at any time.

3 hours ago, Troy said:

@Troy

The U.S. has a process for immigrants to enter 

our nation.  It involves applications, criminal

background checks, and fees.

I know that you know this already, I am just 

saying.

Whenever these parents complain about being

separated, my feeling is that they could be together

wherever they came from, and that is where they 

should have stayed until they could come here 

legally.

All these people crossing illegally are eventually

going to be deported.  

And their raggedy children, too.

BTW I don’t care if they are Caucasoids, 

Negroids, Asoids or Mexoids, enter here 

legally or not at all.

• Like 1

Guest Josepithegreat

Such is the liberal marxist policies my friends. Hopefully more of you Americans are waking up and seeing the truth . Stop the madness before we become the USSR

DON'T KNOW WHERE THE PROOF IS ON THIS ESSENTIAL TOPIC THAT IS A MUST TO ADDRESS AFTER ELECTION NOV. 02, 2021!!! 

RIGHT NOW THOUGH BLACK PEOPLE WE NEED CANDIDATES WHO ARE WILLING TO WORK FOR ALL PEOPLE IN AMERICA,

AND RIGHT NOW THE-DO-NOTHING-republicans-ARE-

DOING-WHAT-they-DO-BEST-NOTHING-WITH-A-GREAT-BIG-OLE-

elephant-WHIPPIN-OF-gop-01/06/2021-republican-HATE! 

SO*YES+DEMS+ARE+BLACK+FOLKS+BEST+CHESS+MOVE+CHOICE: 

VOTE: NORFOLK, VIRGINIA BEACH& ALL OF VIRGINIA&ALL OVER AMERICA WHERE VOTING IS IN PROCESS:
VOTE...DEMS=EARLY/ON NOVEMBER, 02, 2021 FOR...
TERRY MCAULIFFE&VOTE FOR ALL DEMS...
UP&DOWN THE BALLOT ON TODAY...
OCTOBER 30TH/31ST(EARLY), OR ON...
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 02, 2021, AT THE POLLS!!!
VOTE DEMS, BECAUSE WITH DEMS SUPPORT FOR
PRESIDENT BIDEN'S B.B.B.("BUILD BACK BETTER") THE BLUE*DEMS
SUPPORT POLICIES TO INCREASE YOUR $GREEN$$ TOO&
VOTE DEMS*UP&DOWN THE BALLOT(DEMS ARE FIGHTING...
TO INCREASE ALL AMERICANS' $GREENS$$):
1. (BBB)LOWER CHILD CARE COSTS
2. (BBB)LOWER HIGHER EDUCATION COSTS(*)
3. (BBB)LOWER PRESCRIPTION DRUG COSTS
4. (BBB)LOWER HEALTH CARE COSTS
5. (BBB)LOWER HOUSING COSTS
6. (BBB)TAX CUTS FOR FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN
7. (BBB)TAX CREDIT FOR WORKERS WITHOUT CHILDREN
8. (BBB)WORKFORCE TRAINING
9. (BBB)CLEAN ENERGY JOBS
10.(BBB)INVESTMENTS IN TEACHERS&SCHOOLS:
He says this forum is about putting profit over politics and its way of showing that he hasn’t given up on his hometown.
"This is a direct demonstration of faith right here. This is… I don’t know how to lean in any harder," he said. "Let’s talk to these people, let’s listen to what they’ve got to say and then we can see some change. That’s how we heal."
Pharrell also told us that this forum was born out of a very political moment, but this is not about politics. He says building businesses up is not about red or blue, it’s all about the green.

ProfD

Instead of photo-ops with politicians, AfroAmerican leaders should be all business when it comes to getting reparations

And that's the difference between a REAL leader and a mere SPOKES PERSON as Neely Fuller Jr. so wonderfully illustrates.

Leaders focus on getting things DONE.

Spokes Persons are about entertainment, lip service, speaking engagements.

image.jpeg.03e065a63399bc97657f87c32bf5cb2d.jpeg

"Ahhwah brown bruthaz 'n sistaz
NEED dat moneh'  cawz'  dey got
a knee own dey necks too!"

Johnnie Cochran was a REAL leader.
He was about taking action to get things done.

He was actually in talks for AfroAmerican Reparations before his unfortunate demise.

Troy

Should this mean that anyone the U.S. has ever wronged should never be compensated until reparations are paid to the American descendants of enslaved Africans?

I'd take this position for all other groups EXCEPT for the Native Americans, who have arguable had it worse.

None of them get compensation until AfroAmericans get OUR just due first.

Neely Fuller Jr. said that justice is making sure the people who need help the most -gets the most constructive help, in that order.

In any situation.....
You start with the person or group who needs the MOST help..and give it to them first, and then work your way down to whoever needs the least help

13 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Instead of photo-ops with politicians, AfroAmerican leaders should be all business when it comes to getting reparations

And that's the difference between a REAL leader and a mere SPOKES PERSON as Neely Fuller Jr. so wonderfully illustrates.

Leaders focus on getting things DONE.

Spokes Persons are about entertainment, lip service, speaking engagements.

Johnnie Cochran was a REAL leader.
He was about taking action to get things done.

He was actually in talks for AfroAmerican Reparations before his unfortunate demise.

Our past leaders were thrust into that role due to the circumstances.

Anesthetizing the civil rights movement  gave rise to the spokespersons we see nowadays.

I'm sure JB had no idea his protégé would become a civil rights hustler. 😎

ProfD

Our past leaders were thrust into that role due to the circumstances.

Yes.
Circumstances often make the best and most genuine leaders!

That statement spoke DIRECTLY to my heart and mind.

Just like circumstances often make for the most meaningful talk.
Some circumstances will FORCE you to get the small talk and bullshit out of the way and focus on what we're gonna do in this circumstance.

20 hours ago, OURROYAL BLACKGOLD said:

DON'T KNOW WHERE THE PROOF IS ON THIS ESSENTIAL TOPIC THAT IS A MUST TO ADDRESS AFTER ELECTION NOV. 02, 2021!!! 

RIGHT NOW THOUGH BLACK PEOPLE WE NEED CANDIDATES WHO ARE WILLING TO WORK FOR ALL PEOPLE IN AMERICA,

TERRY MCAULIFFE&VOTE FOR ALL DEMS...

Right!!!

Vote for the candidate that says parents shouldn't have 

a say about what their children are taught in school.

OURROYAL BLACKGOLD

You're pretty much telling us the same thing MOST Black advocates of the Democrat party have been saying either directly or indirectly:

Listen Black voters; don't demand anything of substance for you vote.
Just vote Democrat right now to keep the Republicans out and THEN let's talk about your needs and wants later.

Problem is, when we DO that....too often after we vote those suckers in...that promised conversation doesn't take place.

Black folk got Biden into office, and what has he done for us or poor people of all races?

-Let the Eviction Moratorium pass.
-Let the Unemployment extension pass.
-Turn the Ayitian migrants around at the Mexican border while flying racist sexist Afgan INTO America by the thousands.

-And now he's talking about giving illegal immigrants HUNDREDS of thousands of dollars each. for breaking the law after turning Black immigrants away.

That man had done next to NOTHING for us or Black folks in general.

47 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Just vote Democrat right now to keep the Republicans out and THEN let's talk about your needs and wants later.

@Pioneer1

They do the same thing at every election and people keep

falling for it over and over again.  Biden hasn't met with any

type of Black leadership that I have seen.  Even Trump met

with some Black leaders by this point into his term.

Black people need to vote in their best interest, not because

that's who their momma used to vote for.  Besides that, the

Democrats and Republicans have completely changed. 

The Democrats are the party of the rich and famous, and the

Republicans are the party of the working class now. 

I don't know when it changed, but the parties are totally 

different than they were twenty years ago.

Mzuri

One of the problems is AfroAmericans as a community don't have an actual AGENDA.

We don't have a list of goals that we can can check off as accomplished.

I don't know if this will ever be accomplished collectively anyway because at over 40 million people...we are so LARGE, and so many of us think independently.

I think one of the BEST moves to make is for the intelligent and decent among us to unite and organize into our own separate little communities around the nation and work from the grassroots level on the agenda that best suits each community's needs.

Once you have a CLEAR AGENDA...then you can measure progress.

If you don't know where you're going, how will you know when you got there?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

I don't know if this will ever be accomplished collectively anyway because at over 40 million people...we are so LARGE, and so many of us think independently.

@Pioneer1

We do NOT think independently, if we did we wouldn't 

have dopey Joe Biden in the White House, with all the 

mess that he has caused our nation and our community.

People were so happy to get rid of Trump, saying silly 

things like how they would gladly pay more taxes just 

to get someone else.  Well, now we have that someone 

else and our lives are all messed up because of it.

We have the higher taxes, inflation, higher crime, food 

shortages, and a whole bunch of other mess we have 

not had in our lifetime until Obama's sidekick came 

along to do what he does best - F*ck everything up.

Then there's that cackling hen Vice President of his, she 

seems to think every awful or serious issue is something 

to laugh about.  She's supposedly Black but have you 

seen her doing anything for the Black community? 

What was the point of demanding he have a Black VP

when she wasn't going to do anything for us anyway.

Black people are so friggen gullible.  

We are the main ones to suffer when a gazillion border

jumping immigrants enter our nation and start doing

the work that we used to do, but for less pay than

what we were scraping by with before. 

I disagree with having our own communities because 

this will only attract a bunch of losers who will wait 

to see what others are going to do.  

We need to blend into the communities that we are 

already in and do the best we can for ourselves.

Our community as a whole needs to smarten up, and 

get our priorities in order.

image.gif.b05fef28d3e6760b4f9376c41adcdba5.gif

• Like 1

Mzuri

You're right most of our people don't think independently.
I misspoke on that one.
I meant to say INDIVIDUALLY.

I meant we don't think in terms of being united with EACHOTHER.
We don't think collectively enough.

We think about our own individual needs too much and not enough about the needs of the collective.  Which would actually serve our individual needs in the long run.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 8:02 PM, Pioneer1 said:

You start with the person or group who needs the MOST help

Not necessarily. 

Consider a scenario where where you have; one person who needs a tremendous amount of resources to be saved and another group say 10 people who are less seriously injured, but would all perish if the available resources were used to save one life. Supposed that one person was 90 years old and the group of 10 were young adults.

On 10/30/2021 at 8:56 PM, Pioneer1 said:

One of the problems is AfroAmericans as a community don't have an actual AGENDA.

We had an agenda, we had many agendas.  The problem is getting Black folks to follow it.  Consider Tavis Smileys' Covenant With Black America.  

Basically most of us do what Mzuri mentioned below:

On 10/30/2021 at 10:15 PM, Mzuri said:

We need to blend into the communities that we are already in and do the best we can for ourselves.

This is the American way.

Face it America does not have it in her to play Black folks reparations.  I think it is naïve to think they will hand over anything to ADOS.  IMHO it is a waste of energy and resources  All of the enslaved African, and all of their children are dead, and the vast majority of their grandchildren are already dead.  The rest are intermingled with groups who would not qualify for reparations or are doing quite well financially - despite the historical hardship. 

After more than a century and a half later why any Black person believes THIS government would directly compensate any of us for the enslavement of their ancestors is beyond me.

We can help ourselves if we think about more than just ourselves.

53 minutes ago, Troy said:

Face it America does not have it in her to play Black folks reparations.  I think it is naïve to think they will hand over anything to ADOS.  IMHO it is a waste of energy and resources  All of the enslaved African, and all of their children are dead, and the vast majority of their grandchildren are already dead.  The rest are intermingled with groups who would not qualify for reparations or are doing quite well financially - despite the historical hardship.

After more than a century and a half later why any Black person believes THIS government would directly compensate any of us for the enslavement of their ancestors is beyond me.

Sure. Many ADOS feel similarly in that getting reparations is zilch to zero. 

Attrition has always been the long game white supremacy played in making reparations a non-starter. Generations removed would make it go away. 

However, regardless of how ADOS is embedded into the fabric of America, we should 1) never allow its original sin to be forgotten and 2) never allow the debt owed to be forgiven.

I admire the Jews in that regard. They won't allow anyone to forget about the holocaust and they're kicking azz and taking names and bankrupting anybody who comes against them in the form of antisemitism. 

When I think of reparations, it's not just handing out checks to ADOS. My dream is the equivalent of nation building. There's a whole plan to be fulfilled.

As long as I'm on the planet, I'll remain optimistic that a group of intelligent individuals will rise up like a Phoenix and force America to atone for the sin of slavery and pay up to ADOS.

It's not a waste of my time and energy. In fact, I'm working on the music soundtrack while I'm waiting.😁😎

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 6:05 PM, ProfD said:

1) never allow its original sin to be forgotten and 2) never allow the debt owed to be forgiven.

Agreed. I just don’t think we should continue the sink resources into a lost proposition. The white man played the “long game of attrition” and won. Let’s move on.  

They won’t even pay the victims of the Tulsa race massacre what is owed and some of them are still alive. That is fight  still with waging.

I admire the Jews in that regard.

Their situation is completely different. Their Holocaust happened recently. more importantly, They have always had America’s support  — a benefit we have never enjoyed as a people.

I'll remain optimistic that a group of intelligent individuals will rise up like a Phoenix and force America to atone for the sin of slavery and pay up to ADOS.

This statement Is in the dictionary, the definition of, Magical Thinking 😉

8 minutes ago, Troy said:

Agreed. I just don’t think we should continue the sink resources into a lost proposition. The white man played the “long game of attrition” and won. Let’s move on.  

They won’t even pay the victims of the Tulsa race massacre what is owed and some of them are still alive. That is fight  still with waging.

Their situation is completely different. Their Holocaust happened recently. more importantly, They have always had America’s support  — a benefit we have never enjoyed as a people.

This statement Is in the dictionary, the definition of, Magical Thinking 😉

Sure. The Jewish holocaust happened more recently. But, the truth of the matter is that white folks felt really bad about the atrocities inflicted upon them. 6 million or more folks exterminated. They've received reparations several times over. 

American slavery didn't happen 5,000 years ago. We have historical records to prove everything from the number of people enslaved,  deaths, profits earned from free labor, compounded interest, etc. So, it wouldn't take much for the best and brightest minds to round up the evidence and make the case.

Bryan Stevenson and groups like the Innocence Project didn't give up on folks who'd been condemned to spend their lives in prison or death penalty. They kept fighting to get their cases overturned or thrown out. A few wrongly convicted folks were set free decades later. 

So, it's not totally magical thinking that a group of intelligent folks could pick up our 400 year old case and put reparations on the table. The desire to do it could be a mushroom cloud.😁 😎

A Republican whose name escapes me once said that the Welfare system is black people's reparation.  The Japanese Americans who were  interred in  concentration camps during World War II were compensated by this country and all of the casinos run by native Americans are the results of reparations these indigenous people have received.  i always thought one form of reparations for black people should be to guarantee every black child a free college education at any HBCU or vocational school of their choice, A win-win situation for the schools and the students. A good investment in their futures 

There are groups out there now actively campaigning for black reparations.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cynique said:

A Republican whose name escapes me once said that the Welfare system is black people's reparation.  The Japanese Americans who were  interred in  concentration camps during World War II were compensated by this country and all of the casinos run by native Americans are the results of reparations these indigenous people have received.  i always thought one form of reparations for black people should be to guarantee every black child a free college education at any HBCU or vocational school of their choice, A win-win situation for the schools and the students. A good investment in their futures 

There are groups out there now actively campaigning for black reparations.  

Senator Thom Tillis (NC) made that stupid azz statement about welfare being black reparations.

A number of groups of people have received some form of reparations from the US and the global community.

The Jewish state of Israel is a shining example of reparations at work. Japan's economy is another one. 

I don't know whether it's self-hatred or Stockholm syndrome or a latent form of PTSD that makes ADOS feel the pursuit of  reparations to be a pointless endeavor. Again, there's evidence that it can be done. 

@Cynique , the things you mentioned above are some that align with my thoughts of how reparations can be remitted.

Reparations to ADOS definitely would not just be checks or a casino or a truck full of trinkets. 😁😎

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 5:55 PM, Mzuri said:

Whenever these parents complain about being

separated, my feeling is that they could be together

wherever they came from, and that is where they 

should have stayed until they could come here 

legally.

Exactly.

On 10/29/2021 at 5:55 PM, Mzuri said:

BTW I don’t care if they are Caucasoids, 

Negroids, Asoids or Mexoids, enter here 

legally or not at all.

Again, exactly. Why? Because this kind of economy will affect ADOS and not in a positive mode.

It's not only a matter of who is allowed to cross the boarder but how does it affect us.

On 11/2/2021 at 7:05 PM, ProfD said:

However, regardless of how ADOS is embedded into the fabric of America, we should 1) never allow its original sin to be forgotten and 2) never allow the debt owed to be forgiven.

Absolutely!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ProfD said:

So, POTUS PJB emphatically feels those who were separated from their children "deserve something". This will be interesting if it develops and grows legs. 😎

Who knows what will happen but the American people are

not going for this settlement amount.  Biden is growing more

unfavorable every day with his chronic ineptitude and the 

performance at that press conference only makes it worse.